Why The Wii U Might Dominate Next Gen

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Charizard... ypou already had the official WiiU thread. And the first one to break the embargo is... you? Why, why? :?

AdobeArtist
Because I want that thread to just die, die, die already :P
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

Gonna have a hard time winning over the ps360ers. They are way too settled into xbox live and psn with all their friends. Black Ops 2 wiiu is the worst choice since you have a miniscule players base compared to the competition and good luck convining friends to buy a console that does nothing new besides another gimmicky control scheme. wii was a fad and history wont repeat itself.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11821 Posts

PC VS Wii U The battle between gods!!!!

desktop-alienware-x51-designtab-pdp-5.jp Vs n01.jpg

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

[QUOTE="SuperFlakeman"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]The point you bring up is irrelevant. It has nothing to do with the contents of this thread, so I don't see why I should argue it. But you know what, what the hell, I'll bite. How about the fact that while it did have your 'typical five year' lifecycle for a Nintendo console, game development for it almost completely stopped for it after year four on both the first party front and the third party front? charizard1605

Exactly. So it's a feat that an SD system with no online to speak of, and non existant support, sold 10m units, 4m less than its competitors with games like MW3, Skyrim, UC2 and ofc Kinect.

"Short sighted philosophy" is simply incorrect. They think long term; in a period of 10 years Wii+Wii U sales will be >>> PS3+PS4 or 360+Xbox3.

The system is going to hit its peak year before its competitors begin to take off.

I'm sorry, having shorter generational cycles is better how, exactly? I have never actually seen anyone debate in favor of shorter console lifespans, so this should be interesting.

It's not about having a short vs long lifecycle, not what I'm debating. That's a philosophical question.

What's better, 75 million hardware units sold over the course of 8 years, or 100m sold over the course of 6 and then being alone next gen for at least 12 months + 1 holiday. And don't make me pull out the income graph.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 SuperFlakeman

[QUOTE="SuperFlakeman"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

He worked with SS closer to the end, changing things cause he didnt like it. And I bet they were not good changes, since he is the same guy who thought blowing monkeys and a single analog stick were a good idea. I don't know who had the idea to put team ninja on Metroid, but that was a terrible one.

NaveedLife

Your cat died or something?

No not my cat. He is fat and happy. My soul died...My soul died when Nintendo took my favorite franchises and ripped their hearts out leaving but great games, rather than masterpieces :P.

Yeah right

"Remarkably, this Zelda game manages to reshape its control scheme, design sensibility and pacing all at once while still telling a brilliantly powerful story featuring some very memorable characters. Increasingly Nintendo refuses to compromise cinematic storytelling for gameplay, finding a balance that seems effortless." -- IGN 10/10

Whether or not it's the best ever Zelda game is open to debate, but it's certainly up there. However, nobody could argue that it's anything less than a masterclass in the art of crafting video games. -- Guardian 10/10

"A master class in videogame design."-- Eurogamer Spain 10/10

A magnificent homage for the 25th anniversary of one the biggest franchises in gaming, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword provides a compelling gaming and artistic showcase for the indefatigable potential of the medium as a whole, and a reason to have gaming as a hobby.-- PALGN 9.5/10

"A huge departure for Zelda and a proper arrival for Wii's motion controls. Link's latest is rule-breaking, dream-weaving, tech-loving, heart-soaring stuff. If it Wii's last hurrah, they don't come more impassioned than this."-- CVG 9.8/10

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

He worked with SS closer to the end, changing things cause he didnt like it. And I bet they were not good changes, since he is the same guy who thought blowing monkeys and a single analog stick were a good idea. I don't know who had the idea to put team ninja on Metroid, but that was a terrible one.

NaveedLife

You're still going on about the Blowing? "Oh no, primates can expel air out of their lungs. the game is ruined"

Plus you could still slam the ground like in the older games:?

But it was totally unnecessary, adding another waggle oriented control to do something that was necessary at times and needed often to collect things. This slowed down the fast paced action of the game and made its bonus collectibles and such not about being hard to find and fun to obtain, but about keepign your eyes peeled for everything possible to blow on.

So they make it so you look at the details in the background to find hidden goodies. How is that a bad thing?

Unless if you have to stop and blow for every collectable I don't see how it can be as annoying as you're making it out to be

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Dont care personally. It could sell 200 million units and have 40+ AAA exclusives, I wont be buying it. PopeReal

Sig worthy.

Extreme blind loyalty to some big name corporation right there. He'll never realize that they don't and will never care about him, only his money.
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SuperFlakeman

Charizard... ypou already had the official WiiU thread. And the first one to break the embargo is... you? Why, why? :?

AdobeArtist

Why can't we make a couple of Wii U threads to discuss an 8th gen home console?

What's the big deal if it gets flooded initially? There's alot new stuff to discuss.

Just lock the troll threads from the get go and everything will be fine, but noooo

JLF1MarkII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 JLF1MarkII
Member since 2012 • 1416 Posts

It's not about having a short vs long lifecycle, not what I'm debating. That's a philosophical question.

What's better, 75 million hardware units sold over the course of 8 years, or 100m sold over the course of 6 and then being alone next gen for at least 12 months + 1 holiday. And don't make me pull out the income graph.

SuperFlakeman

And as consumers why should we care about this again? Nintendo earning a massive amount of money this gen didn't make for a better system for us did it?

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts
It's possible. Let's just say, I'm skeptical.
JLF1MarkII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 JLF1MarkII

So they make it so you look at the details in the background to find hidden goodies. How is that a bad thing?

Unless if you have to stop and blow for every collectable I don't see how it can be as annoying as you're making it out to be

Shinobishyguy

However decided that waggle to roll was a good idéa should have his hands slapped with a ruler until that person knows better.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 SuperFlakeman

[QUOTE="SuperFlakeman"]

JLF1MarkII

And as consumers why should we care about this again? Nintendo earning a massive amount of money this gen didn't make for a better system for us did it?

I want to play the new Mario, Zelda and Pokemon 25 years from now, and not in the shape of modern Sonic either. Sales matter. Just ask Sega and Sony.

I'm willing to compromise as a consumer if the system ensures long time survival.

And yes, I would've been very pissed off at Sony right now if I were attached to their properties. You realize PSV is their last handheld right.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

JLF1MarkII

However decided that waggle to roll was a good idéa should have his hands slapped with a ruler until that person knows better.

having that action mapped to waggle was horrible yes. Something like blowing though is just eh, whatever
JLF1MarkII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 JLF1MarkII

I want to play the new Mario, Zelda and Pokemon 25 years from now, and not in the shape of modern Sonic either. Sales matter. Just ask Sega and Sony.

I'm willing to compromise as a consumer if the system ensures long time survival.

SuperFlakeman

I'm not arguing money or no money here. Nintendo made a lot money on the Gamecube, they made a ton more on the Wii yet we as the consumers didn't get anything more for it. We had to beg for quick ports of already finished games. It was pathetic on Nintendo's side. Their cheap tactics of not localizing games, not securing better third party support and not developing new innovative idéas but instead rehashed the same idéa again and again with the Wii cost them the core market to the PS3/360/pC, the casual to iOS and PC and a lot of their loyal fanbase moved on as well.

The problem is that right now Nintendo can not afford to make stupid cheap decisions. We don't live in the SNES era anymore no matter how Nintendo wishes that. The consumers will move to greener pastures. Nintendo failed to make the harsh decisions with the 3DS and now it's straight up abandoned in the west. Nintendo can not afford to make the same cheap penny saving backwards decisions with the Wiiu.

FYI I'm not talking about the hardware here. I'm fine with both the 3DS and Wiiu in terms of power. It's everything else that's messed up.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#65 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

[QUOTE="PopeReal"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Dont care personally. It could sell 200 million units and have 40+ AAA exclusives, I wont be buying it. TheDidact

Sig worthy.

Extreme blind loyalty to some big name corporation right there. He'll never realize that they don't and will never care about him, only his money.

He's a closet sheep, he has a Wii U preordered for his "kids" this holiday season

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Could be. Looking foward to it quite a bit more than I was before actually. I just hope it's more powerful than it seems so that it can keep up with the next gen.

JLF1MarkII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 JLF1MarkII

[QUOTE="JLF1MarkII"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

Shinobishyguy

Whoever decided that waggle to roll was a good idéa should have his hands slapped with a ruler until that person knows better.

having that action mapped to waggle was horrible yes. Something like blowing though is just eh, whatever

I didn't mind that either.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
Rayman Legends will be on the 360 / PS3 in no time
Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts
I'm not expecting it to dominate, but I think it will do well. I think it will end up in third place though.
FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 FireEmblem_Man

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

That is all well and good, but I (and most others) buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games. The Wii was simply a letdown for the first party lineup. Nintendo needs to prove to me that they can still make Zelda and Metroid right. if not, I just don't care. I think I know the answer too. Get rid of Miyamoto.

NaveedLife

What the hell?

Miyamoto hasn't directed Zelda and Metroid in years. Why are you suddenly demonizing the man :?

I believe that you started reading Sean Malstrom's blogs, right? However, it's Aonuma that made the changes for Skyward Sword, not Miyamoto. Sakurai should be fired for trying to kill the Metroid franchise

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="SuperFlakeman"]

JLF1MarkII

I'm not arguing money or no money here. Nintendo made a lot money on the Gamecube, they made a ton more on the Wii yet we as the consumers didn't get anything more for it. We had to beg for quick ports of already finished games. It was pathetic on Nintendo's side. Their cheap tactics of not localizing games, not securing better third party support and not developing new innovative idéas but instead rehashed the same idéa again and again with the Wii cost them the core market to the PS3/360/pC, the casual to iOS and PC and a lot of their loyal fanbase moved on as well.

The problem is that right now Nintendo can not afford to make stupid cheap decisions. We don't live in the SNES era anymore no matter how Nintendo wishes that. The consumers will move to greener pastures. Nintendo failed to make the harsh decisions with the 3DS and now it's straight up abandoned in the west. Nintendo can not afford to make the same cheap penny saving backwards decisions with the Wiiu.

FYI I'm not talking about the hardware here. I'm fine with both the 3DS and Wiiu in terms of power. It's everything else that's messed up.

Let's be honest here, western developers haven never really given two sh*t's about handhelds
FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 FireEmblem_Man

[QUOTE="JLF1MarkII"]

[QUOTE="SuperFlakeman"]

Shinobishyguy

Let's be honest here, western developers haven never really given two sh*t's about handhelds

Western developers never really give two sh*ts to Nintendo in general.....

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="JLF1MarkII"]

FireEmblem_Man

Western developers never really give two sh*ts to Nintendo in general.....

Sad but true. Outside of shovelware and licenced movie games they tend to avoid nintendo like the plague.

Like, 90% of all the good games on the DS came from Japanese devs.

JLF1MarkII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 JLF1MarkII

Let's be honest here, western developers haven never really given two sh*t's about handheldsShinobishyguy

Not talking about western support in terms of western devs but support for the western market from anyone. There are three games this year left for the 3DS in EU.

Layton
Epic Mickey
Virtue's Last Reward (shared with Vita)

Paper Mario not announced yet but hinted several times for a early-mid 2013 release.

Nintendo aren't releasing games on it, Third party devs aren't releasing games on it. It's much better in Japan. Iwata desperately hoped that NSMB2 would change everything. It didn't make a dent. Now nothing is happening. Everyone is either screaming or laughing at Sony for not trying to save the already dead Vita when they can't afford it but most seem to have forgotten that Iwata doesn't do anything about the poor showing for the 3DS in the west when they can afford it, multiple times over.

They are loosing the war to save pennies.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#75 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
Dominate next gen? I'm not even sure it *IS* next gen. I don't even care about sales, I'm talking about how useful the system would actually be to me

It is a next gen Nintendo system only because it is a generational leap between Wii and Wii-U (sort of). However it is not a generational leap ahead of PS3/XBOX360. Those systems don't even have to go for extreme power, if they just make a traditional generational leap they will likely be in an entirely different class than the Wii-U. If Sony/MS strategically make the choice to NOT make a proper generational leap in hardware, then I will go to PC for all multiplats. I might still consider Wii-U *if* I see Nintendo actually start making innovative games again (instead of the obvious Mario Kart, New Super Mario, Pikmin, etc). I can't say I would consider the other consoles only for 1st party. However the offering of 3rd parties on Wii-U does not have me interested at all.

This console only has a short term window to be interesting for "multiplats". That window only exists as long as it has superior multiplats vs PS3/360. After 2013 it will be entirely useless for 3rd party multiplats because it will surely have the weakest ports compared to PS4/720, and that is assuming it gets a version of most of these AAA multiplats at all. We saw what happened with the Wii. At first it had multiplats, then it shared some key multiplats with PSP/PS2 but not the HD twins, then after a couple of years multiplats almost stopped coming entirely, and when they did it's only worth while for "Wii-only" owners (i.e. poors).
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 SuperFlakeman

[QUOTE="SuperFlakeman"]

JLF1MarkII

3DS isn't doing spectacular numbers overseas but it's a waaay healthier platform than Vita.

But I also wonder what they are doing, Paper Mario must be launching this year, they can't have no big 1st party game for Q4 lol. And eShop has been sucking too lately.

NSMB 2 and XL do help alot. While they didn't bump system they make sure it sustaints its current sales rather than drop down into the abyss like PSV.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#77 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

Rayman Legends will be on the 360 / PS3 in no timeRR360DD

the whole game is designed around the wiiU gamepad... its not possible on the 360 or ps3.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]What the hell?

Miyamoto hasn't directed Zelda and Metroid in years. Why are you suddenly demonizing the man :?

FireEmblem_Man

I believe that you started reading Sean Malstrom's blogs, right? However, it's Aonuma that made the changes for Skyward Sword, not Miyamoto. Sakurai should be fired for trying to kill the Metroid franchise

Nope. Who is he? I don't know who to blame for Metroid. Prime 3, Hunters, and Other M were all letdowns.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

hey chaz, there isn't a m, g, h, or t in the word "will" :P

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#80 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
The WiiU does not excite me. I'd be a lot happier if I were 10.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#81 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
The WiiU does not excite me. I'd be a lot happier if I were 10.musicalmac
lol, that about sums it up for me. I still like Nintendo so I think I'll eventually get this thing when its cheaper and there's more games out, but for now I'll be happy just to demo it at a friend's house. So far no one I know is getting one though
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#82 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]Rayman Legends will be on the 360 / PS3 in no timeKBFloYd

the whole game is designed around the wiiU gamepad... its not possible on the 360 or ps3.

Also Ubisoft said the only reason they created the game was because Ubisoft Montpellier was the first 3rd party to get a Wii U devkit.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Whether it does or not depends on how the next XBOX and PS turn out. It could get left in the dirt very easily like the Wii. Or it could keep up and get multiplats the whole gen. It'd be nice to see a Nintendo console that matches their handhelds in awesome and can genuinely "win" a gen in games again tho! (in SNES we trust :P)
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 musicalmac  Moderator
[QUOTE="musicalmac"]The WiiU does not excite me. I'd be a lot happier if I were 10.GunSmith1_basic
lol, that about sums it up for me. I still like Nintendo so I think I'll eventually get this thing when its cheaper and there's more games out, but for now I'll be happy just to demo it at a friend's house. So far no one I know is getting one though

I'm bored with consoles in general. Someone do something different already.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 KBFloYd

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"][QUOTE="musicalmac"]The WiiU does not excite me. I'd be a lot happier if I were 10.musicalmac

I'm bored with consoles in general. Someone do something different already.

ah... a PC master race God came down from heaven to chat with commoners...

we're sorry the wiiU is not different enough for you my king.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 musicalmac  Moderator

KBFloYd
lol, the problem with SW is people assume to know more than he or she reasonably does.

You look silly, KB. Do your homework.
MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
I believe in the Wii U and I think it will be successful. If the Wii U is able to get PS4/720 multiplats with decent graphical quality it will be a dominating force along side Nintendo's first party. I need to see PS4/720 as well.
Sonicplys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Sonicplys
Member since 2004 • 2603 Posts

Wii won next gen just like Wii did this gen. Weakest console wins. Another innovation over power console from Nintendo? Yes, Please. Wii da best....U!!!!

daisypeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 daisypeach
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Because its Nintendo and Nintendo always know best.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 KBFloYd

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

musicalmac

lol, the problem with SW is people assume to know more than he or she reasonably does.

You look silly, KB. Do your homework.

i'm supposed to look silly...im the clown of system wars.. the forum joke.

but you want me to do homework on who you are? you have 19000 posts but that must have been back in the old days because i dont ever see you post anymore. so i don't know if your a hermit or cow or whatever.

maybe you just post in graphics and pc threads...that's why i don't know you.

JLF1MarkII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 JLF1MarkII

3DS isn't doing spectacular numbers overseas but it's a waaay healthier platform than Vita.

But I also wonder what they are doing, Paper Mario must be launching this year, they can't have no big 1st party game for Q4 lol. And eShop has been sucking too lately.

NSMB 2 and XL do help alot. While they didn't bump system they make sure it sustaints its current sales rather than drop down into the abyss like PSV.

SuperFlakeman

Making the 3DS's hardware sales sound good by comparing it to a system that is selling worse than the Dreamcast kinda misses the point.

Anyway, my original point was that Nintendo isn't a modern company and is hurt currently by their old standards. Not suggesting that they should sell their souls, simply saying that they need to spend some of their war-chest right now when it really matters.

• Open up 2-3 more studios to guarantee software support for both of their systems, make a ton more deals with third party devs like B2 and MH4.
  • Make the 3DS E-shop and VC actually matter by getting any form of content on them. "No, I don't want your awful GB game give me Golden Sun". The 3DS VC could be system for past handhelds but it barely gets 1-2 GB and GBC games a month. It's pathetic, you have the library, use it.
  • Making sure that you hit every niche and don't be afraid to use affordable loss-leaders. Taking a hit by localizing a niche game is worth it if it gets your fanbase to stay with the system. Every game that you release should be localized worldwide. Hire more translators if necessary.
  • Don't half ass games anymore, it's not a good long term strategy. There is no reason why games like Mario Tennis lacks so much content compared to previous games i the franchise and lack online, which reminds me. We shouldn't immediately be able to point out what's lacking in your game.
  • Take online seriously this time around. Make us feel comfortable with our purchases on the Wiiu E-shop.

If they do this correctly they should be able to earn more money instead of losing them. Nintendo can not live on name alone anymore or they will shrink to a more and more niche market.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 musicalmac  Moderator

i'm supposed to look silly...im the clown of system wars.. the forum joke.

but you want me to do homework on who you are? you have 19000 posts but that must have been pack in the old days because i dont ever see you post anymore. so i don't know if your a hermit or cow or whatever.

maybe you just post in graphics and pc threads...that's why i don't know you.

KBFloYd
The last thing I am is a PC elitist. It's okay for me to express my feelings that traditional consoles are now bo-oh-oring unless you're old enough to understand how fun they can be. I don't have time to dedicate to a butt-print on my couch anymore for console gaming. It comes with me or it's not happening.
JLF1MarkII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 JLF1MarkII

The WiiU does not excite me. I'd be a lot happier if I were 10.musicalmac

You are far too intelligent to make posts like that.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 musicalmac  Moderator

[QUOTE="musicalmac"]The WiiU does not excite me. I'd be a lot happier if I were 10.JLF1MarkII

While I certainly appreciate the sentiment, you have to understand my reasoning, and that it's purely subjective. I never said you should all be disenchanted with Nintendo's next console, just that I am. I'm ready for something truly new and innovative, not an evolutionary console step. It's just another console, and if I were younger, and hadn't lived through everything from the Atari to today, I would be more intrigued by, a console.

Does that make sense? It's not really an insult, just a personal statement regarding my position on gaming RIGHT NOW.
JLF1MarkII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 JLF1MarkII

[QUOTE="JLF1MarkII"]

[QUOTE="musicalmac"]The WiiU does not excite me. I'd be a lot happier if I were 10.musicalmac

While I certainly appreciate the sentiment, you have to understand my reasoning, and that it's purely subjective. I never said you should all be disenchanted with Nintendo's next console, just that I am. I'm ready for something truly new and innovative, not an evolutionary console step. It's just another console, and if I were younger, and hadn't lived through everything from the Atari to today, I would be more intrigued by, a console.

Does that make sense? It's not really an insult, just a personal statement regarding my position on gaming RIGHT NOW.

I was referring to your second sentence. You are making a likeness that everyone who is interested in a Wiiu is either 10, are like a 10 year old or due to nostalgia want to be 10 again. It's the equivalent of assuming every PC gamer is a 40 something virgin or a teen who want to be said person.

It's an unnecessary statement.

Besides, you should know by now that innovative games can and is created by any form of hardware so to restrict yourself from any hardware is to restrict yourself from innovation.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 musicalmac  Moderator

I was referring to your second sentence. You are making a likeness that everyone who is interested in a Wiiu is either 10, are like a 10 year old or due to nostalgia want to be 10 again. It's the equivalent of assuming every PC gamer is a 40 something virgin or a teen who want to be said person.

Besides, you should know by now that innovative games can and is created by any form of hardware so to restrict yourself from any hardware is to restrict yourself from innovation.

JLF1MarkII
I understand how you inferred that, but it is not technically correct. I explained it in my answer. It's okay if I'm not interested in the Wii U. Console gaming in general does not get my blood pumping anymore.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

[QUOTE="JLF1MarkII"]

musicalmac

I understand how you inferred that, but it is not technically correct. I explained it in my answer. It's okay if I'm not interested in the Wii U. Console gaming in general does not get my blood pumping anymore.

Quick, paitient is going into shock, charge up that defribillator to 500 volts.

CLEAR!!!!!!!! *ZAP*

Don't you die on me Mac, don't you quit now!! Live, live, LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!! :o

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 musicalmac  Moderator

Quick, paitient is going into shock, charge up that defribillator to 500 volts.

CLEAR!!!!!!!! *ZAP*

Don't you die on me Mac, don't you quit now!! Live, live, LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!! :o

AdobeArtist
Is that... is that you, Adobe? Is the Wii U still a little too much on the traditional console side?..
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

[QUOTE="JLF1MarkII"]

musicalmac

But IOS ripoffs of console games do? ....... The Wii U is basically a console with your choosen platform of choice, (a tablet) fused together. It would seem the only thing that gets your blood pumping is overpriced tech with a little apple on it ....