Why the hell is it so hard to find the PS Vita in stores?

  • 80 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for LustForSoul
#51 Posted by LustForSoul (6404 posts) -

I always seem 'em.

Avatar image for jsmoke03
#52 Posted by jsmoke03 (13697 posts) -

im still holding out but i really should buy it. ill see if i have any money to spare on black friday

Avatar image for Ghost120x
#53 Posted by Ghost120x (5269 posts) -

The retailers are just treating it like Sony does, therefore the vita doesn't exist. The rule is, you can't stock something that doesn't exist, it's simply impossible.

Avatar image for alcapello
#54 Posted by Alcapello (1396 posts) -

Have you tried a 3DS perhaps, there are plenty of those around still.

Avatar image for Gue1
#55 Edited by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

I thought this was bullshit but I asked on my local gamestop for a Vita and they only had a few and all refurbished! Even Amazon aren't stocking them anymore, you have to buy it from a 3rd party.

Avatar image for Newhopes
#56 Edited by Newhopes (4756 posts) -

Last out of 6 store's near me droped the Vita just after christmas and sold off what stock they had left dirt cheap, mostly a handful of the the launch 3G models, the only way you can get a Vita now is travel quite a distance or order online.

Can't really blame them no point in stocking something that doesn't sell.

Avatar image for GamingTitan
#57 Posted by GamingTitan (657 posts) -

Even with all the "it's dead" talk I still bought one recently and have been having a blast playing persona and muramasa.

I also am signing up for ps+ or whatever it's called and found out that it comes with a bunch of free vita games. Gravity rush is one of them which I was thinking about buying. I am pretty happy with the vita so far.

Avatar image for lostrib
#58 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@GamingTitan said:

Even with all the "it's dead" talk I still bought one recently and have been having a blast playing persona and muramasa.

I also am signing up for ps+ or whatever it's called and found out that it comes with a bunch of free vita games. Gravity rush is one of them which I was thinking about buying. I am pretty happy with the vita so far.

Unfortunately they changed PS+ recently, so the instant game collection is really so "collection-y" anymore. Now it's just 2 games a month per platform.

Also, each game is only available for that month (starting on the first tuesday)

Avatar image for Dire_Weasel
#59 Edited by Dire_Weasel (16681 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@GamingTitan said:

Even with all the "it's dead" talk I still bought one recently and have been having a blast playing persona and muramasa.

I also am signing up for ps+ or whatever it's called and found out that it comes with a bunch of free vita games. Gravity rush is one of them which I was thinking about buying. I am pretty happy with the vita so far.

Unfortunately they changed PS+ recently, so the instant game collection is really so "collection-y" anymore. Now it's just 2 games a month per platform.

Also, each game is only available for that month (starting on the first tuesday)

It's two games per system, per month. So, today I put six games in my cart (including Murasama for the Vita, and Strider for the PS4). Now I'll have those games as long as I have my subscription, which if XBL is any indication will be for at least ten years.

Basically, once a month you take a trip to Sony store and your collection grows. You just have to stay on top of it a bit more than you used to.

Avatar image for High-Res
#60 Posted by High-Res (273 posts) -

But remember, every PS4 game is also a Vita game now.

Avatar image for lostrib
#61 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@High-Res said:

But remember, every PS4 game is also a Vita game now.

...only if you have strong enough internet

Avatar image for coasterguy65
#62 Edited by coasterguy65 (7133 posts) -

I never saw them on the shelves before the Borderlands 2 bundle, but I see them a lot now.

Avatar image for dobzilian
#63 Posted by dobzilian (3370 posts) -

@Heil68: Dude you need to become a lawyer.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
#64 Posted by TrappedInABox91 (1483 posts) -

Because its dead. Theres no demand for that paper weight.

Avatar image for systemdefender
#65 Posted by systemdefender (49 posts) -

it's dead in the West, unfortunately. I don't even know if I want to keep mine anymore.

Avatar image for trugs26
#66 Edited by trugs26 (7528 posts) -

@KBFloYd: The author of the video could have at least used spell check before publishing the video...

Regardless, some parts were pretty funny.

Avatar image for Raptor_Herc
#67 Posted by Raptor_Herc (330 posts) -

I just went to my nearest Best Buy. While I could Vita games and accesories, the console itself (apart from the display unit) was absent, which was not the case several months ago. I guess retailers are beginning to downsize their Vita sections until the console actually starts to sell (if ever).

Avatar image for santoron
#68 Edited by santoron (8583 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@High-Res said:

But remember, every PS4 game is also a Vita game now.

...only if you have strong enough internet

... or if you play around the house, which is not uncommon. I play my PS4 at least as much through my Vita as I do on the TV.

Anyhow, it looks like it's Sony being slow to anticipate demand, like we talked about.

Which, smh.

Avatar image for lostrib
#69 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@santoron said:

@lostrib said:

@High-Res said:

But remember, every PS4 game is also a Vita game now.

...only if you have strong enough internet

... or if you play around the house, which is not uncommon. I play my PS4 at least as much through my Vita as I do on the TV.

Anyhow, it looks like it's Sony being slow to anticipate demand, like we talked about.

Which, smh.

lol, I was actually just reading that article

Avatar image for Wanderer5
#70 Posted by Wanderer5 (25727 posts) -

Maybe you missed it in the PS4 accessory section.

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#71 Edited by KBFloYd (19579 posts) -

@trugs26 said:

@KBFloYd: The author of the video could have at least used spell check before publishing the video...

Regardless, some parts were pretty funny.

it was me...

only the first sentence is bad...

i was like should i spell check it?,,,nah i want to see if it even works first.

after it worked..i was like...its fine.

Avatar image for lamprey263
#72 Edited by lamprey263 (35169 posts) -

@GrgSpunk

what city you live in, I bet I'll find one in a minute or two

Avatar image for lostrib
#73 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

gamespot just posted an article about it: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/exploring-why-the-playstation-vita-is-suddenly-out/1100-6420907/

and it's basically, no one really knows, plus Pachter speculating about shit

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#74 Edited by KBFloYd (19579 posts) -

@lostrib said:

gamespot just posted an article about it: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/exploring-why-the-playstation-vita-is-suddenly-out/1100-6420907/

and it's basically, no one really knows, plus Pachter speculating about shit

yea...i think this is the transition period when they phase out all remaining stock of the oled a shift to pure led now...

it caused supply problems.

Avatar image for wolverine4262
#75 Posted by wolverine4262 (20831 posts) -

Well, they are kinda small.

Avatar image for j2zon2591
#76 Edited by j2zon2591 (3307 posts) -

A. Sony underestimated demand.

B. Sony damage control for when $ 159 - 169 Core Unit is released near Gamescom.

C. Sony damage control when they discontinue it by next year in the US.

Avatar image for Zero5000X
#77 Posted by Zero5000X (8314 posts) -

Maybe they are planning on discontinuing it.

Avatar image for lamprey263
#78 Edited by lamprey263 (35169 posts) -

Demand doesn't so much seem to be the issue as supply from the looks of it. If demand was high we'd know about it, it'd be reflected in sales numbers but it's not.

Like Pachter said, maybe Sony found a cost saving production measure and is revamping it's production to save on costs, that'd make sense. Or maybe there's a hiccup in the supply side needed for production. Whatever it is, Sony's not getting them out. I don't imagine it's a supply issue on distribution side (as if whatever third parties are involved in distribution decided to opt out of handling Vita stock), after all even Sony's website doesn't have them in stock.

Avatar image for j2zon2591
#79 Posted by j2zon2591 (3307 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

Demand doesn't so much seem to be the issue as supply from the looks of it. If demand was high we'd know about it, it'd be reflected in sales numbers but it's not.

Web buzz. We do know.

56K NPD last month and hard to find.

There's been quite a few of vita boards visitors talking about it and looking for it.

Barely happened before.

There's a demand (not 3DS woah demand) that clashed with the Sony's supply.

Not completely disagreeing with what seems to be what you're trying to get across tho.

Avatar image for mems_1224
#80 Posted by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -

because its a dead system. retailers dont want something they cant sell

Avatar image for ladyblue
#81 Posted by LadyBlue (4943 posts) -

Because they don't keep trash.