Why Natal will fail at FPS

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts
How camera angles will be freely manipulated in Natal/Sony wand is what I want to know.
ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 ISuperGamerI
Member since 2006 • 3292 Posts

I'm not a troll this is just a little joke, personally i will buy it when it comes out.

You and your friends just got Natal, so you plug it in and insert the COD CD. The first mission is listening to the army captain and shooting **** so u fire and and your like hella! this is cool. Than the captain tells you to go meet the General. Wait a minute, how do you move this thing? So u start running around the room, dancing and all, and nothing happens. Your stuck shooting sandbags.

- lol it was funny to me. cause rly how will we move in Natal? I mean all the demos i have seen are side to side movement, and/or the camera moves for you.

Eilia567

Dude, that made no sense and you should know, you have Wii Fit. How do you run in that game? You move your feet back and forth, it's the same thing. Don't hate on Project Natal just cause you still haven't called Microsoft to fix your 360 lol.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ISuperGamerI

And another thing that should be mentioned, Microsoft has told people a milliion times that Project Natal is NOT going to be "another feature" added to games. It's going to be completely built from the ground up for every game, so that it's not only an enhancement, but also revolutionary.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#54 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

Why Natal will fail at something it's most likely not even attempting to do. Good god TC, try to think a little the next time you post.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 shawn7324

It looks lame and I don't care how it works to be honest. Yeah I know I'm old and set in my ways, anyway I am interested in being able to navigate movie menus and the dash but other than that I really have zero interest in the whole concept for gaming.

Maybe if I'm lucky it will be great and the only thing negative to come out of my hardheadedness is I will be a bit late to the party.

Riverwolf007
I agree it does look lame just as Sony's Wand & the Nintendo Wii both look lame as well. Motion controlled gaming period doesn't appeal to me.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
[QUOTE="SUD123456"]

[QUOTE="Eilia567"]

I'm not a troll this is just a little joke, personally i will buy it when it comes out.

You and your friends just got Natal, so you plug it in and insert the COD CD. The first mission is listening to the army captain and shooting **** so u fire and and your like hella! this is cool. Than the captain tells you to go meet the General. Wait a minute, how do you move this thing? So u start running around the room, dancing and all, and nothing happens. Your stuck shooting sandbags.

- lol it was funny to me. cause rly how will we move in Natal? I mean all the demos i have seen are side to side movement, and/or the camera moves for you.

You have no imagination.

Walk

Run

Stop

Crouch

Voice to deliver the primary action. Head movement to determine direction/orientation. Whether they can pull that off well is one thing, but you lack imagination if you cannot figure how to move with Natal; at least theoretically.Or you don't know enough about it to realize that Natal is more than just a 3D sensing camera.

Voice commands get tedious just on a phone. Now imagine that kind of frustration multiplied in a firefight.
Sokittoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 Sokittoya
Member since 2007 • 261 Posts

Why do people assume that Natal will be the central control scheme in these FPS games? Personally, when I think of natal in an fps, I think of leaning around corners, ducking/crouching etc. There is no reason why I can't have a controller in my hands and use natal in a subtle way at the same time.

In addition, sometimes there just aren't enough buttons to maximize actions. Natal could help with that.

kingsfan_0333

probably because Microsoft is advertising it as the controller. Or should i say as a controllerless experience. You know since having no controller would bring you further into the experience, and make it so much easier to play... :roll: So taking that into account, its understandable why people are assuming that.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#58 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Who ever said natal was meant to bring in more shooters? It's clearly to bring in a different audiance. To cash in on the "casual" sensation. I doubt there are going to be many games marketed toward core gamers for the Natal.
thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

Im sure Natal wasn't made wih FPS' in mind.

AmayaPapaya

Or any game where have to move more than 8 steps.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 shawn7324

[QUOTE="kingsfan_0333"]

Why do people assume that Natal will be the central control scheme in these FPS games? Personally, when I think of natal in an fps, I think of leaning around corners, ducking/crouching etc. There is no reason why I can't have a controller in my hands and use natal in a subtle way at the same time.

In addition, sometimes there just aren't enough buttons to maximize actions. Natal could help with that.

Sokittoya

probably because Microsoft is advertising it as the controller. Or should i say as a controllerless experience. You know since having no controller would bring you further into the experience, and make it so much easier to play... :roll: So taking that into account, its understandable why people are assuming that.

Yeah Microsoft has stated that it will be a stand alone accessory available if you want to play a separate set of games. Sorry I don't see why anyone would think by that statement that Natal will be used for future FPS on the console.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 shawn7324
Who ever said natal was meant to bring in more shooters? It's clearly to bring in a different audiance. To cash in on the "casual" sensation. I doubt there are going to be many games marketed toward core gamers for the Natal.vashkey
From what I see here, PS3 fanboys are attempting to pass it on that Natal will be used for all future FPS on the 360.
ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

[QUOTE="Sokittoya"]

[QUOTE="kingsfan_0333"]

shawn7324

Yeah Microsoft has stated that it will be a stand alone accessory available if you want to play a separate set of games. Sorry I don't see why anyone would think by that statement that Natal will be used for future FPS on the console.

Because they said at e3 that natal would support the more hardcore games also? And the little concept video showed people playing everything from racing games to fighting games to skating games and about everything else in between. They also demo'd (supposedly) playing Burnout with Natal. It's not hard to imagine why people are assuming that pretty much all 360 games will be supposed to playable via Natal when MS came out and said pretty much that same thing.

kingsfan_0333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 kingsfan_0333
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts

[QUOTE="kingsfan_0333"]

Sokittoya

Why does everybody take everything so literally? It's like I have to spoon feed little children around here who can't think for themselves. There are going to be LOTS of controllerless games. That doesn't mean that every game that uses natal can't use a controller. In addition, Microsoft doesn't make every game - not even close. So what they intended Natal to be used for doesn't necessarily mean that other devs need to do the same. Not too long ago there were rumors that Bungie was going to use Natal for Reach. Do you really think they were going to completly ignore the controller? No. They were going to use it to supplement and add to the experience.

Eilia567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Eilia567
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts

[QUOTE="Eilia567"]

delta3074

watch a film called the Gamer, you will see why Natal will be brilliant for FPS

did watch it, the kid was tapping the ground the whole time. I think i actually commented/posted that.

Eilia567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Eilia567

[QUOTE="Eilia567"]

[QUOTE="AmayaPapaya"]

Im sure Natal wasn't made wih FPS' in mind.

BuryMe

not just FPS, how will u move in fable?

I don't know... Maybe with a treadmill?

lol could work. :)

Eilia567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Eilia567

[QUOTE="Eilia567"]

mr-krinkles

Maybe you use your left hand and make walking movements with two fingers (your WASD/left analog). Your right hand (mouse/right analog) can be in the shape of a gun and you go PEW PEW with your mouth to make it shoot.

lol that would awesome.

Eilia567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Eilia567

[QUOTE="Eilia567"]

ISuperGamerI

Dude, that made no sense and you should know, you have Wii Fit. How do you run in that game? You move your feet back and forth, it's the same thing. Don't hate on Project Natal just cause you still haven't called Microsoft to fix your 360 lol.

are you dumb? all u have to do is shake the controllor. The run mini-game in Wii fit, is just about as healthy as eating a twinky.

Eilia567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Eilia567

[QUOTE="SUD123456"]

[QUOTE="Eilia567"]

nervmeister

You have no imagination.

Walk

Run

Stop

Crouch

Voice to deliver the primary action. Head movement to determine direction/orientation. Whether they can pull that off well is one thing, but you lack imagination if you cannot figure how to move with Natal; at least theoretically.Or you don't know enough about it to realize that Natal is more than just a 3D sensing camera.

Voice commands get tedious just on a phone. Now imagine that kind of frustration multiplied in a firefight.

Natal: (voice command) RUN RUN, CROUCH! WAVE THE FINGER! TAKE OUT GRENADE, UNCLIP THE CLIPY THING (lol) AIM HAND, THROW GRENADE!

Controller: Analog stick, RB button.

Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Anjunaddict
Member since 2010 • 4178 Posts
NATAL can easily be used in conjunction with the standard 360 controller. Maybe when it comes to FPS games, NATAL will just provide head tracking or something basic like that.
mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

Some of the people defending Natal (and the Arc thing too of course) make me laugh. Nintendo can keep that garbage for their shovelware titles as fas as i'm concerned. Neither of these things will be that great for either MS or Sony.

3D on the other hand, thats going to be huge. Cant wait for that to take off, but I'm guessing it wont get big until the next console generation.

Eilia567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Eilia567

[QUOTE="shawn7324"][QUOTE="Sokittoya"]

ianuilliam

Because they said at e3 that natal would support the more hardcore games also? And the little concept video showed people playing everything from racing games to fighting games to skating games and about everything else in between. They also demo'd (supposedly) playing Burnout with Natal. It's not hard to imagine why people are assuming that pretty much all 360 games will be supposed to playable via Natal when MS came out and said pretty much that same thing.

/\ /\

(above) is why i choose to make fun of an fps. lol.

Eilia567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Eilia567

[QUOTE="Sokittoya"]

[QUOTE="kingsfan_0333"]

kingsfan_0333

Why does everybody take everything so literally? It's like I have to spoon feed little children around here who can't think for themselves. There are going to be LOTS of controllerless games. That doesn't mean that every game that uses natal can't use a controller. In addition, Microsoft doesn't make every game - not even close. So what they intended Natal to be used for doesn't necessarily mean that other devs need to do the same. Not too long ago there were rumors that Bungie was going to use Natal for Reach. Do you really think they were going to completly ignore the controller? No. They were going to use it to supplement and add to the experience.

I think Natal is only going to be used for arcade games, designed by Microsoft, purposely for Natal.

Eilia567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Eilia567
bump.
jethrovegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 jethrovegas
Member since 2007 • 5103 Posts
I think Natal will fail in just about every department, honestly. It's a stupid idea, and I shan't be purchasing any game that makes use of it.
tbone802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 tbone802
Member since 2006 • 1195 Posts
[QUOTE="DethSkematik"]Haha! I've got the same feeling with Natal as I do with the Wii remote: clumsy me will find a way to injure himself or his surroundings :P. I already karate chopped my own trash can playing the Wii. I can see myself backhanding the wall with Natal :P. beekayjay
I almost nailed my 3 year old niece in the head playing Wii bowling.

My wife nailed a friends dog right in the face playing Wii bowling, it yelped and ran off. All of us drunks laughed...the dog was ok.
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#76 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

wouldnt noe until it cums out if it will fail or not...jus dont want anymore wii clones plz one motion feature system is enough they shuld of thought about reviving motion sensorin before nintendo did

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Natal is a big, crunchy bowl of failure just waiting to go down in flames.

farrell2k

I bet you said that about the Wii too. ;)

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ISuperGamerI

[QUOTE="ISuperGamerI"]

[QUOTE="Eilia567"]

Eilia567

are you dumb? all u have to do is shake the controllor. The run mini-game in Wii fit, is just about as healthy as eating a twinky.

Why would you use the controller if the purpose of Wii Fit is to work out? If you wanna exploit the game, then might as well not play it.

Respawn-d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Respawn-d
Member since 2010 • 2936 Posts
well at least move plays both natal and wii mote routes
HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

[QUOTE="Funconsole"][QUOTE="felipebo"]

This has been a question of mine for some time now, and no one has answered. What would happen if I were playing and somebody got in range of the sensor?

beekayjay

It ignores them

Whoa, thats creepy....so it knows! So if I'm naked, is it secretly judging me?

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 ISuperGamerI

[QUOTE="beekayjay"][QUOTE="Funconsole"] It ignores themHavocV3

Whoa, thats creepy....so it knows! So if I'm naked, is it secretly judging me?

It's skynet in the making lol. :P

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
NATAL can easily be used in conjunction with the standard 360 controller. Anjunaddict
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS!!!!!! Not many people think of Natal in this sense. As an OPTIONAL ENHANCEMENT in conjunction with your controller. When you think of it this way, suddenly the idea of using Natal with a FPS or RPG or sports game doesn't seem impossible.
dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#83 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

natal on pc =fail for 360

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 HavocV3

natal on pc =fail for 360

dontshackzmii

not really, being on PC only does the 360/MS more good.

software sales, people pursuing the use of this add-on for more than one platform.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 HavocV3

[QUOTE="Anjunaddict"]NATAL can easily be used in conjunction with the standard 360 controller. DJ_Magneto
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS!!!!!! Not many people think of Natal in this sense. As an OPTIONAL ENHANCEMENT in conjunction with your controller. When you think of it this way, suddenly the idea of using Natal with a FPS or RPG or sports game doesn't seem impossible.

I'd assume if it fails enough either way, MS will just pull a Sony and make a Wiimote rip-off that is compliant with Natal.

nosedive7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 nosedive7
Member since 2005 • 444 Posts

All Microsoft had to do was release a virtual reality headset and then integrate it into some upcoming games using headtracking for visual movement and the controller for aiming and physical movement I think that could have been amazing. Instead they try to latch on to the casual train putting all of their focus onto people who haven't contributed a penny to them so far. Makes alot of since let me tell you. Makes me wonder why these companies even bothered getting into this business in the first place. If they wanted to sell trash to casuals they could have done something else entirely besides console video games. Nintendo already has the casual market entirely cornered and that is not going to change with these new weak strategies from Sony and MS. Seems like a huge waste of time, money, and resources that could have been much better spent elsewhere. Oh well their stock prices are the ones that will plunge when this garbage fails and I don't own any stock so I guess it doesn't matter to me other than a huge opportunity lost.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

Why would you use the controller if the purpose of Wii Fit is to work out? If you wanna exploit the game, then might as well not play it.

ISuperGamerI

I would suggest that you don't pick up conversations that ended 4 months ago, since bumping old threads is against the rules here.