Why Natal will fail at FPS

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Eilia567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Eilia567
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts

I'm not a troll this is just a little joke, personally i will buy it when it comes out.

You and your friends just got Natal, so you plug it in and insert the COD CD. The first mission is listening to the army captain and shooting **** so u fire and and your like hella! this is cool. Than the captain tells you to go meet the General. Wait a minute, how do you move this thing? So u start running around the room, dancing and all, and nothing happens. Your stuck shooting sandbags.

- lol it was funny to me. cause rly how will we move in Natal? I mean all the demos i have seen are side to side movement, and/or the camera moves for you.

Revan_911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Revan_911
Member since 2007 • 1709 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKJzfWZ4t9w

Natal = Epic Win!!!

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

Im sure Natal wasn't made wih FPS' in mind.

Eilia567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Eilia567

Natal = Epic Win!!!

Revan_911
Kool but i think its fake. If it's real, that is going to suck online, i have to tap the ground every time i want to run. Now i see where campers get their ideology lol.
Eilia567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Eilia567

AmayaPapaya

not just FPS, how will u move in fable?

Eilia567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Eilia567

I agree and not agree. I mean if it can sense ur brain waves, and u can tell it to move, than that is fine lol.

beekayjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 beekayjay
Member since 2008 • 1732 Posts
When I use Natal, do I have to tape my cat to the floor to prevent him from moving around and getting me killed?
felipebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 felipebo
Member since 2009 • 4170 Posts

When I use Natal, do I have to tape my cat to the floor to prevent him from moving around and getting me killed?beekayjay

This has been a question of mine for some time now, and no one has answered. What would happen if I were playing and somebody got in range of the sensor?

Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts

[QUOTE="beekayjay"]When I use Natal, do I have to tape my cat to the floor to prevent him from moving around and getting me killed?felipebo

This has been a question of mine for some time now, and no one has answered. What would happen if I were playing and somebody got in range of the sensor?

It ignores them
beekayjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 beekayjay
[QUOTE="Funconsole"][QUOTE="felipebo"]

When I use Natal, do I have to tape my cat to the floor to prevent him from moving around and getting me killed?beekayjay

It ignores them

Whoa, thats creepy....so it knows! So if I'm naked, is it secretly judging me?
DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#12 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
Haha! I've got the same feeling with Natal as I do with the Wii remote: clumsy me will find a way to injure himself or his surroundings :P. I already karate chopped my own trash can playing the Wii. I can see myself backhanding the wall with Natal :P.
beekayjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 beekayjay
Haha! I've got the same feeling with Natal as I do with the Wii remote: clumsy me will find a way to injure himself or his surroundings :P. I already karate chopped my own trash can playing the Wii. I can see myself backhanding the wall with Natal :P. DethSkematik
I almost nailed my 3 year old niece in the head playing Wii bowling.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

Natal is a big, crunchy bowl of failure just waiting to go down in flames.

farrell2k
At least in terms of the hardcore audience. That much is certain. But I suspect kiddies and family-oriented adults/elders just may eat it up en masse.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Your point is about movement in general, which is why it won't be used for a lot of games.
Eilia567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Eilia567
Your point is about movement in general, which is why it won't be used for a lot of games.SaltyMeatballs
lol wake up sister, in our world in almost every game i play, i use the analog to move (involves movement) i don't stand there and move side to side. Plus Natals first major game is going to be Fable 3, so u can do all the hand gestures u want, but i will actually be doing the story mode lol. Anyone seen Gamer? cause in that movie the kid is also tapping the ground when he wants to move, weird.
Eilia567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Eilia567

take the precaution anyway? lol

jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts

Natal is a big, crunchy bowl of failure just waiting to go down in flames.

farrell2k
Wow. I...actually agree with you about this.
good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I really have absolutely no hype for thenatalor the wandthat are coming this year to their respective systems.

Motion controls are totally whack. The next real revolution in gaming will have to be virtual reality. Motion controls will never be all the way there.

OniStrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 OniStrat
Member since 2003 • 1800 Posts

It's amazing how some people think that Natal will be great for hardcore games. The point of Natal is to go the opposite dierection.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6955 Posts

I'm not a troll this is just a little joke, personally i will buy it when it comes out.

You and your friends just got Natal, so you plug it in and insert the COD CD. The first mission is listening to the army captain and shooting **** so u fire and and your like hella! this is cool. Than the captain tells you to go meet the General. Wait a minute, how do you move this thing? So u start running around the room, dancing and all, and nothing happens. Your stuck shooting sandbags.

- lol it was funny to me. cause rly how will we move in Natal? I mean all the demos i have seen are side to side movement, and/or the camera moves for you.

Eilia567

You have no imagination.

Walk

Run

Stop

Crouch

Voice to deliver the primary action. Head movement to determine direction/orientation. Whether they can pull that off well is one thing, but you lack imagination if you cannot figure how to move with Natal; at least theoretically.Or you don't know enough about it to realize that Natal is more than just a 3D sensing camera.

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

Natal = Epic Win!!!

Revan_911

Good luck aiming with that

Oh well,someone can be good at it

Mogotoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Mogotoo
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

[QUOTE="Eilia567"]I'm not a troll this is just a little joke, personally i will buy it when it comes out.

- lol it was funny to me. cause rly how will we move in Natal? I mean all the demos i have seen are side to side movement, and/or the camera moves for you.SUD123456

You have no imagination.

Walk

Run

Stop

Crouch

Voice to deliver the primary action. Head movement to determine direction/orientation. Whether they can pull that off well is one thing, but you lack imagination if you cannot figure how to move with Natal; at least theoretically.Or you don't know enough about it to realize that Natal is more than just a 3D sensing camera.

Isn't the point of Natal to make it more realistic? So that what you do actually happens in the game?

You don't suddenly yell "RUN!" in public when you want to run. You move your legs.

I'm not against voice recognition (whatever works). It just seems that it will be just as unrealistic as pressing a button.

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

[QUOTE="SUD123456"]

[QUOTE="Eilia567"]I'm not a troll this is just a little joke, personally i will buy it when it comes out.

- lol it was funny to me. cause rly how will we move in Natal? I mean all the demos i have seen are side to side movement, and/or the camera moves for you.Mogotoo

You have no imagination.

Walk

Run

Stop

Crouch

Isn't the point of Natal to make it more realistic? So that what you do actually happens in the game?

You don't suddenly yell "RUN!" in public when you want to run. You move your legs.

I'm not against voice recognition (whatever works). It just seems that it will be just as unrealistic as pressing a button.

Besides

mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#25 mayceV
Member since 2008 • 4633 Posts
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]Your point is about movement in general, which is why it won't be used for a lot of games.Eilia567
lol wake up sister, in our world in almost every game i play, i use the analog to move (involves movement) i don't stand there and move side to side. Plus Natals first major game is going to be Fable 3, so u can do all the hand gestures u want, but i will actually be doing the story mode lol. Anyone seen Gamer? cause in that movie the kid is also tapping the ground when he wants to move, weird.

fable 3 is a controller based expeience the natal stuff will be extra tacked on stuff.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

Eilia567
watch a film called the Gamer, you will see why Natal will be brilliant for FPS
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#27 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
I really don't care for motion controls, natal or sonys wand don't interest me in the least.
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

Natal was never designed for fps :|

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

lol it was funny to me.

Eilia567
Quite the sense of humor you have right there champ.
Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts
i think they need some kind of controller support for this to work, even if it's just a nunchuck style controller for your left hand. right now though i'm very doubtful at the idea of natal and the sony wand.
Odrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Odrec
Member since 2009 • 1897 Posts
Natal will sell a lot for one reason only: Natal Fit. All these motion crap is only good for fit games. Outside those these gimmicks suck but since Wii Fit is like the best selling "video game" ever then I think Natal will be a hit because of it. The same with the PS Arc and Arc Fit.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
[QUOTE="Eilia567"]

delta3074
watch a film called the Gamer, you will see why Natal will be brilliant for FPS

:lol: Natal is a cheap toy compared to what's used in that movie. Natal will fail not only at movement, but at aiming too. The lag will be Killzone 2 times two.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#33 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

[QUOTE="AmayaPapaya"]

Eilia567

not just FPS, how will u move in fable?

I don't know... Maybe with a treadmill?

KodiakGTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 KodiakGTS
Member since 2003 • 1262 Posts

It's amazing how some people think that Natal will be great for hardcore games. The point of Natal is to go the opposite dierection.

OniStrat
This. The point of Natal is to make games more accessible, meaning many of the titles will likely be casual in nature. I'd say the number of hardcore games that use Natal only controls will be small, especially in genres like FPS, TPS, Action Adventure, etc. In these genres, I'd expect Natal to be used for in game communication (voice, hand signals), quick time events, or looking around during cutscenes, etc, with the controller being used the rest of the time. Driving, RTS, and Fighting games will definitely have Natal only control options, and potentially RPGs as well.
dkrustyklown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dkrustyklown
Member since 2009 • 2387 Posts

Eilia567

With Natal, you would probably just use a normal 360 controller to move in an FPS. Nothing I have seen precludes the use of a controller along with Natal.

That said, I think Natal will be a flop.

Avatar image for alittletoohappy
alittletoohappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 alittletoohappy
Member since 2006 • 1254 Posts
Did anyone else notice while watching that Natal half-life game that it looked like it sucked? I think I saw it somewhere between 0:01 and 1:01. Seriously, the dude looks like he's functionally using a controller at that point, and it's certainly more complex of action than a simple Wii controller could ever be. It's as if the fact was lost on them that buttons were originally designed to make actions easier. If the thing is priced at any more than 200, it's a 100% guaranteed flop. No questions.
Meowmixxvi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#37 Meowmixxvi
Member since 2008 • 2243 Posts
natal + 4 player split screen on COD would be pretty funny sight lol.
tikki25x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tikki25x
Member since 2003 • 1546 Posts

[QUOTE="OniStrat"]

KodiakGTS

This. The point of Natal is to make games more accessible, meaning many of the titles will likely be casual in nature. I'd say the number of hardcore games that use Natal only controls will be small, especially in genres like FPS, TPS, Action Adventure, etc. In these genres, I'd expect Natal to be used for in game communication (voice, hand signals), quick time events, or looking around during cutscenes, etc, with the controller being used the rest of the time. Driving, RTS, and Fighting games will definitely have Natal only control options, and potentially RPGs as well.

this. i expect to see a lot of games use Natal along with the controller. and it,ll come in handy for RPGs and RTS.

mr-krinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#39 mr-krinkles
Member since 2008 • 1641 Posts

Eilia567

Maybe you use your left hand and make walking movements with two fingers (your WASD/left analog). Your right hand (mouse/right analog) can be in the shape of a gun and you go PEW PEW with your mouth to make it shoot.

TakeOFF250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TakeOFF250
Member since 2006 • 122 Posts

I agree and not agree. I mean if it can sense ur brain waves, and u can tell it to move, than that is fine lol.

Eilia567
lol, lol, lol... did I wrote lol? oh and lol it was funny to me
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

It looks lame and I don't care how it works to be honest. Yeah I know I'm old and set in my ways, anyway I am interested in being able to navigate movie menus and the dash but other than that I really have zero interest in the whole concept for gaming.

Maybe if I'm lucky it will be great and the only thing negative to come out of my hardheadedness is I will be a bit late to the party.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
Here's the real reason why Natal will fail at FPS. 1. Player runs out of bullets and has to reload. 2. Player struggles haphazardly to mimic the proper motions to reload his/her gun 3. Enemy comes up as he/she does so and blows his/her cranium across the battlefield.
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
Natal not translating well with an FPS is kind of a given.
67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts

AmayaPapaya
Personally, I'm hoping that there won't be any Natal shooters...
Lable1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 394

#45 Lable1985
Member since 2008 • 1046 Posts
No it won't.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50613 Posts

I honestly don't see it being good for anything but party games, but we'll see.

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

It looks lame and I don't care how it works to be honest. Yeah I know I'm old and set in my ways, anyway I am interested in being able to navigate movie menus and the dash but other than that I really have zero interest in the whole concept for gaming.

Maybe if I'm lucky it will be great and the only thing negative to come out of my hardheadedness is I will be a bit late to the party.

Riverwolf007

What happens while scrolling through menus and your bud walks in and you wave, or a bug flies by and you swat at it? Next thing you know you've bought a movie, and your avatar is contorting around to show you the bottom of his shoe (BAM)? To me, the menu scrolling is one of the worst ideas about it. How is waving your whole hand/arm back and forth supposed to be more convenient or better than one thumb on a d-pad?

kingsfan_0333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kingsfan_0333
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts

Why do people assume that Natal will be the central control scheme in these FPS games? Personally, when I think of natal in an fps, I think of leaning around corners, ducking/crouching etc. There is no reason why I can't have a controller in my hands and use natal in a subtle way at the same time.

In addition, sometimes there just aren't enough buttons to maximize actions. Natal could help with that.

PhilipV94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 PhilipV94
Member since 2009 • 128 Posts

Wouldn't they have a nunchuck type of device that connects to the Natal wand? o.O

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

Wouldn't they have a nunchuck type of device that connects to the Natal wand? o.O

PhilipV94

Natal wand... o.O