Why is there such a complete lack of diversity and effort in Microsoft's Xbox first party?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Here's a clue. When no console in the history of ever has gone down $150 within its launch year. You are defending a goddamn dud of a machine.

No other company could come back from a self inflicted death blow the way the XBone has. It is the affluenza teenage boy of the gaming universe. If this is the ground on which you want to plant your flag on, please, PLEASE do understand that people will laugh at you. Your position on a gaming forum is barely tenable at best, and people will talk about the truth as opposed to the parallel reality world where all of this is just okay.

All I'm saying. AffluenzaBox One knows it's demographic and knows Johnny America. You will apologize for anything as long as you get your Halo Gears and Forza fix. We simply couldn't design a better dummy.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#202 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

omg you old man, he's clearly trolling lol

It's hard to tell with this place sometimes! Don't know who to trust anymore.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#203 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56137 Posts

@nyadc said:

Your house of cards is falling apart Charizard, people are really starting to see you for what you are and what you're doing. They thought that smear campaign thing was a joke but it's really not, you've always been transparent to me and you've gone off the deep end with this to the point that you're starting to look absolutely pathetic, and I'm happy to see how many people are finally calling you out for it.

For god's sake NyaDC, you take Charz way too seriously as you always do. His 2 other threads were solid details and I see nothing of him being biased at all. Just face the facts that he's better then you.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#204  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts
@charizard1605 said:
@nyadc said:

No one is sweeping anything under the rug, but you need to realize nothing is ever going to be in parity in this industry no matter what, no consoles have ever been, and no consoles have ever shared the exact same number of games or games themselves. They both offer different stuff, different perks, features, layouts, games, approaches to the way things are done, it's Honda vs. Toyota. Now I'm not saying you have to like a Honda, but you don't need to obsess over it either or its differences with Toyota constantly trying to make some kind of a point...

Cool, I'm not demanding absolute parity, I am demanding equivalent parity. The Xbox One is lacking even that for now.

We all know, we're all capable of researching things and you don't need to go out of your way constantly with attempts to dissuade or instill doubt in peoples minds, because we both know that is the ultimate goal here, you don't do this for information purposes to help out the community, we're not that naive...

Ah, more persecution complexes! Never change!

You need to stop trying to make everything seem so urgent, so bad, as if people are going to have a lesser gaming experience if they get an Xbox One, because if they like the kind of games Xbox is associated with they won't. Sony has a bigger grasp on the market for the time being, good for them, but that's not to say that what Microsoft has going on as well is any less important or people are going to like it less. My Xbox One is still my more valuable system as it's got more for me to do with and on it, and the games available for it have great levels of replay value and a lot have multiplayer variety, I can't exactly say the same for my PlayStation 4, most of the games are one and done and lacking in the multiplayer department.

And yet I have never implied urgency- I have laid down issues with the Xbox One, and then I have analyzed why they exist, and how the system stands with respect to the competition. I have also never once claimed that people who like Xbox exclusives more will get an inferior experience by choosing an Xbox One over a PS4- as a matter of fact, I have consistently conceded this point in all three Xbox One discussion threads that I have made, whenever it has come up.

Also, lol at the bolded. When are MS going to catch up and overtake Sony this time? This year end, do you think?

Value isn't what's on paper, viability isn't what's on paper, they're what you actually get out of what is in front of you, and I own both of these things. I'm getting better value and viability out of my Xbox One, my usage ratio for it as compared to my PlayStation 4 is easily 8:1, and there is enough coming to keep me thoroughly entertained, especially with the multiplayer strengths in mind. These hardware difference, game counts, all of it, they don't really mean anything when you get down to it, it all fades away once you start playing a game and honestly you'd be hard pressed to really notice a difference anyway.

Okay. And yet the Xbox One is:

a) A technically inferior product
b) With less games
c) Running most multiplats worse

This is, therefore, something that needs to be called out, and will be called out either until the Xbox One no longer meets at least two of those three, or until it gains some other advantage so great that it nullifies those issues- such as some great exclusives that make it irresistibly compelling.

It's all dramatics, it's all a show and frankly it's getting tired and old... You need to chill out...

I am going to copy and paste something here that I said to cainetao as well, about my apparent constant 'dramatics'

Why am I doing this? Because I was looking into getting an Xbox One (and I still will, if ReCore is good, and if not, when ScaleBound comes out), and the disparity struck me. It's absurd. And this is System Wars. This is the kind of thing this board is for. We compare systems- I'm comparing systems. And one thing that I think a lot of Xbox fans forget- at least I am not trolling, flaming, or hit and run posting. The general quality of discourse, discussion, and posting on System Wars is low. Most posts usually wind up being 'lolXbox,' or 'Xboned' or '900p, doooomed!' My threads, hate them as much as you want to because they point out some very obvious flaws with the Xbox One very thoroughly, at least attempt to elevate the level of discussion with well reasoned and backed OPs, that also similarly prompt and force other posters to be equally thorough. I can understand irritation at my picking on Xbox One constantly- but dude, this is System Wars. That's what this board is. I posted a 3DS celebration thread today, and the first page is just pure shitposting. I didn't start tagging people and asking them what they were trying to prove- that is part and parcel of the forum culture, you have to go with it. At least I am trying to make people say something beyond just 'lolXboned!'

The long and short of it is, the Xbox One (and any other console, really) will be receiving a good brunt of criticism on this board. That is the nature of this board. At least I try to do it intelligently. If, however, this kind of criticism is not to your liking, then I am afraid System Wars may not necessarily be the best community for you. Something like General Games Discussion may be more suited to your temperament- it is a far less antagonistic and hostile community.

I don't think it's the right board for you if I'm going to be completely honest, the more and more you post the more your objectivity seems to crumble, and the worst part is you act like it's not.

Who cares if it's technically inferior, something which is so burned out and the disparity is greatly embellished. The experience gotten on both consoles generally ends up being in the parameters of nearly the same and in most cases you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference behind a curtain, so who gives a shit...

It's currently got 186 less games than the PlayStation 4, the PlayStation 4 also has 92 more indie titles than the Xbox One, plus a barrage of JRPG's likely filling the remainder of that void, not the most compelling purchasing or gravity of games argument for the typical person, it's just not.

See your problem is you just say "worse", that's such a blanket statement that makes something black and white and seem more detrimental than it actually is in practice. 900p to 1080p? You'd be hard pressed to notice in nearly all scenarios unless you were explicitly told with the upscaling in place. Framerates in the games are generally capped the same, there might be some minor variance, the Xbox One version might use some different post techniques or slightly different settings to garner it some extra performance and that's about it. In most cases you're not going to notice much of anything, all of this junk is so blown out of proportion it makes me sick, and you don't even own this fucking thing and you're speaking as if you're in the know and can tell and compare and contrast regularly... Sorry pal, but just flat out nope.jpg

You don't think the Xbox One is an equivalent? What are you smoking? If that GPU disparity didn't exist they would practically be identical, and in reality everything outputted from both systems ends up looking about the same in terms of graphical rendering capability, Ryse is a testimate to that and that was a launch game for crying out loud, not to mention Quantum Break which looks fantastic graphically.

You're making mountains out of mole hills my friend, mountains out of mole hills..

@Shewgenja said:

Here's a clue. When no console in the history of ever has gone down $150 within its launch year. You are defending a goddamn dud of a machine.

The console didn't go down $150, they dropped a $100 peripheral from the package, and like the PlayStation 4 were at $400. Then months, and month, and months later they lowered the price of the console by $50, Sony followed suit several months later.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Shewgenja

@davillain-: What do you expect from someone who defended the original DRM? He probably flagellates with an XBOX power cord while singing his Hail Phils before bed every night.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44087 Posts

@davillain- said:
@nyadc said:

Your house of cards is falling apart Charizard, people are really starting to see you for what you are and what you're doing. They thought that smear campaign thing was a joke but it's really not, you've always been transparent to me and you've gone off the deep end with this to the point that you're starting to look absolutely pathetic, and I'm happy to see how many people are finally calling you out for it.

For god's sake NyaDC, you take Charz way too seriously as you always do. His 2 other threads were solid details and I see nothing of him being biased at all. Just face the facts that he's better then you.

For heaven's sake wipe your chin already and remember, who loves you tells you your face is dirty. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#207 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@drinkerofjuice said:
@jg4xchamp said:

omg you old man, he's clearly trolling lol

It's hard to tell with this place sometimes! Don't know who to trust anymore.

I trust NyaDC

@davillain- said:

That's understandable. Hopefully my QB hype thread might change your mind when I provide solid full details of the game. Remedy has never let me down and remember that this is a new IP exclusive Xbox One game. Don't forget about Cuphead and Ashen are coming to Xbox One. [minus the PC version]

BTW your thread doesn't come as biased at all, this was well thought and interesting to read.

Honestly, the existence of PC versions is a non factor to me, since I do not foresee me having a gaming PC any time in the near future.

And yeah man, I love Remedy, I even liked Alan Wake, it's why I am interested in QB at all. it's just, ReCore and Scalebound are more my kind of a game.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

@charizard1605:

I know that Insominiac owns sunset but also owns ratchet and clank, and resistance, so why count them but not sunset?

Sony doesnt own the infamous or sly but publishes it, so why does this count?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@nyadc said:
@charizard1605 said:
@nyadc said:

No one is sweeping anything under the rug, but you need to realize nothing is ever going to be in parity in this industry no matter what, no consoles have ever been, and no consoles have ever shared the exact same number of games or games themselves. They both offer different stuff, different perks, features, layouts, games, approaches to the way things are done, it's Honda vs. Toyota. Now I'm not saying you have to like a Honda, but you don't need to obsess over it either or its differences with Toyota constantly trying to make some kind of a point...

Cool, I'm not demanding absolute parity, I am demanding equivalent parity. The Xbox One is lacking even that for now.

We all know, we're all capable of researching things and you don't need to go out of your way constantly with attempts to dissuade or instill doubt in peoples minds, because we both know that is the ultimate goal here, you don't do this for information purposes to help out the community, we're not that naive...

Ah, more persecution complexes! Never change!

You need to stop trying to make everything seem so urgent, so bad, as if people are going to have a lesser gaming experience if they get an Xbox One, because if they like the kind of games Xbox is associated with they won't. Sony has a bigger grasp on the market for the time being, good for them, but that's not to say that what Microsoft has going on as well is any less important or people are going to like it less. My Xbox One is still my more valuable system as it's got more for me to do with and on it, and the games available for it have great levels of replay value and a lot have multiplayer variety, I can't exactly say the same for my PlayStation 4, most of the games are one and done and lacking in the multiplayer department.

And yet I have never implied urgency- I have laid down issues with the Xbox One, and then I have analyzed why they exist, and how the system stands with respect to the competition. I have also never once claimed that people who like Xbox exclusives more will get an inferior experience by choosing an Xbox One over a PS4- as a matter of fact, I have consistently conceded this point in all three Xbox One discussion threads that I have made, whenever it has come up.

Also, lol at the bolded. When are MS going to catch up and overtake Sony this time? This year end, do you think?

Value isn't what's on paper, viability isn't what's on paper, they're what you actually get out of what is in front of you, and I own both of these things. I'm getting better value and viability out of my Xbox One, my usage ratio for it as compared to my PlayStation 4 is easily 8:1, and there is enough coming to keep me thoroughly entertained, especially with the multiplayer strengths in mind. These hardware difference, game counts, all of it, they don't really mean anything when you get down to it, it all fades away once you start playing a game and honestly you'd be hard pressed to really notice a difference anyway.

Okay. And yet the Xbox One is:

a) A technically inferior product
b) With less games
c) Running most multiplats worse

This is, therefore, something that needs to be called out, and will be called out either until the Xbox One no longer meets at least two of those three, or until it gains some other advantage so great that it nullifies those issues- such as some great exclusives that make it irresistibly compelling.

It's all dramatics, it's all a show and frankly it's getting tired and old... You need to chill out...

I am going to copy and paste something here that I said to cainetao as well, about my apparent constant 'dramatics'

Why am I doing this? Because I was looking into getting an Xbox One (and I still will, if ReCore is good, and if not, when ScaleBound comes out), and the disparity struck me. It's absurd. And this is System Wars. This is the kind of thing this board is for. We compare systems- I'm comparing systems. And one thing that I think a lot of Xbox fans forget- at least I am not trolling, flaming, or hit and run posting. The general quality of discourse, discussion, and posting on System Wars is low. Most posts usually wind up being 'lolXbox,' or 'Xboned' or '900p, doooomed!' My threads, hate them as much as you want to because they point out some very obvious flaws with the Xbox One very thoroughly, at least attempt to elevate the level of discussion with well reasoned and backed OPs, that also similarly prompt and force other posters to be equally thorough. I can understand irritation at my picking on Xbox One constantly- but dude, this is System Wars. That's what this board is. I posted a 3DS celebration thread today, and the first page is just pure shitposting. I didn't start tagging people and asking them what they were trying to prove- that is part and parcel of the forum culture, you have to go with it. At least I am trying to make people say something beyond just 'lolXboned!'

The long and short of it is, the Xbox One (and any other console, really) will be receiving a good brunt of criticism on this board. That is the nature of this board. At least I try to do it intelligently. If, however, this kind of criticism is not to your liking, then I am afraid System Wars may not necessarily be the best community for you. Something like General Games Discussion may be more suited to your temperament- it is a far less antagonistic and hostile community.

I don't think it's the right board for you if I'm going to be completely honest, the more and more you post the more your objectivity seems to crumble, and the worst part is you act like it's not.

Who cares if it's technically inferior, something which is so burned out and the disparity is greatly embellished. The experience gotten on both consoles generally ends up being in the parameters of nearly the same and in most cases you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference behind a curtain, so who gives a shit...

It's currently got 186 less games than the PlayStation 4, the PlayStation 4 also has 92 more indie titles than the Xbox One, plus a barrage of JRPG's likely filling the remainder of that void, not the most compelling purchasing or gravity of games argument for the typical person, it's just not.

See your problem is you just say "worse", that's such a blanket statement that makes something black and white and seem more detrimental than it actually is in practice. 900p to 1080p? You'd be hard pressed to notice in nearly all scenarios unless you were explicitly told with the upscaling in place. Framerates in the games are generally capped the same, there might be some minor variance, the Xbox One version might use some different post techniques or slightly different settings to garner it some extra performance and that's about it. In most cases you're not going to notice much of anything, all of this junk is so blown out of proportion it makes me sick, and you don't even own this fucking thing and you're speaking as if you're in the know and can tell and compare and contrast regularly... Sorry pal, but just flat out nope.jpg

You don't think the Xbox One is an equivalent? What are you smoking? If that GPU disparity didn't exist they would practically be identical, and in reality everything outputted from both systems ends up looking about the same in terms of graphical rendering capability, Ryse is a testimate to that and that was a launch game for crying out loud, not to mention Quantum Break which looks fantastic graphically.

You're making mountains out of mole hills my friend, mountains out of mole hills..

1. Yes, I compare systems in an informed manner on a board that exists to compare systems. Clearly, I am not a good fit for that board.

2. Well, I'd say that when you spend money, you want the best bang for your buck, and that means that a technically inferior console, no matter how inferior, is still a worse product than an alternative, unless it has something that overcomes those deficiencies- such as the PS2 did with the GCN and Xbox, as an example.

3. I was unaware that indie games and JRPGs are not counted as games.

4. Just last year- Star Wars Battlefront was 720p on Xbox One, 900p on PS4, which by your own admission isn't that far off from 1080p. The difference between 1080p and 720p, however, is noticeable- as was the difference between Battlefront's XB1 and PS4 versions. Fallout 4 had framerate drops to 0 frames in places. Just Cause 3 is, of course, legendary. This matters- this will continue to matter. I don't care about pixel counting, incidentally- for instance, the PS2 was shit at running multiplats next to Xbox and Gamecube. So if Xbox One amasses a wonderful exclusives library that makes me ignore the flaws in multiplat games, I stop harping on about this. Simple transaction.

5. Ah yes, a glorified QTE is used to demonstrate a GPU's rendering power. Ryse is proof that the Xbox One can output visuals on the same scale as the PS4.

That said, Quantum Break looks fantastic, Crackdown 3 looks incredible with its cloud assisted technology, Scalebound has a gorgeous artstyle, Sea of Thieves might be one of the most vibrant and aesthetically pleasing games in a while. See, I am not above giving credit where it is due- not let's hope these games come out and are as great as they seem to be, because I promise you, if the Xbox One sells itself to me, I stop caring about its other flaws. My 'smear campaign' motivated by my 'agenda' comes to an end.

Ball's in Microsoft's court, now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@thedork_knight said:

@charizard1605:

I know that Insominiac owns sunset but also owns ratchet and clank, and resistance, so why count them but not sunset?

Sony doesnt own the infamous or sly but publishes it, so why does this count?

Because Sony owns Ratchet and Resistance. That's the reason Insomniac wanted to own its IP once it struck out with Sony and EA- it wanted to be able to retail ownership of its games, and only Microsoft was willing to offer them that with Sunset.

Sony owns Sly, inFamous, and the studio that develops them as well.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Shewgenja

@kwns: The Show says they are nowhere near even.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46331 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Sony went the exclusivity route this gen, paying for exclusive DLC and exclusive features from games (something we saw MS do a lot last gen). And frankly, that's the worst investment ever IMO.

This I absolutely agree with- I actually wrote an article on this a while ago, which I can send to you, if you would be interested.

Sure man, link it to me :)

Not a lot of people talk about that stuff if I'm honest, heh.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#215 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@nyadc said:

You never had a house of cards, we knew who you were from day one. A lemming.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Shewgenja

@kwns said:

@Shewgenja:

Baseball demographic is so small its not worth mentioning. Outside of America who cares about baseball? Kinect Sports rivals would appeal to a larger demographic of gamers,

The Japanese happen to be bonkers for baseball. Lots of central America, as well.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

I still can't believe how effective this shtick is. It's like Heils gig. Minimum effort, maximum return.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Flyincloud1116

@ConanTheStoner said:

I still can't believe how effective this shtick is. It's like Heils gig. Minimum effort, maximum return.

It's genius.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

That's not a fair comparison, you totally omitted the Kinect games... LOL.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Flyincloud1116

@kwns said:

Racing car games: Forza 6 Forza Horizon 2 Forza 5 beats Driveclub everyday. xbox wins

Shooters: It well established Gears is best third person cover shooter ever Sony had the Order failed miserably did not even attempt to have an online experience.

Halo5 probably second best first person shooter on the market behind Call of Duty. Xbox is king again.

Action/Story based games: Sony has been better at releasing those type of games. MS in 2016-2017 will try to bridge that gap.

Sports games: they are about even.

Sony first party diversity is not great either thats why 20 million people bought the xbox one, its not the most powerful console.

Forza 6 hasn't sold well.

The new Gears demo looked boring and bland, but we shall see.

COD and Battlefront sold more on X1 than Halo 5.

Sony has games in all genres

Sports games are not even, Sony has The Show

20million out of your ass, MS doesn't release numbers.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

Anyway, how did I not see this thread yesterday?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Zero_epyon

@nyadc said:

Who's "people?" Can you mention a few?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#225 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Isn't there a new Halo Wars coming out for the X1? That's an RTS, a genre Sony's first party has yet to dip into.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Flyincloud1116

@Zero_epyon said:

You are here now and that's all that matters.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Zero_epyon

@kwns said:

@Shewgenja:

Baseball demographic is so small its not worth mentioning. Outside of America who cares about baseball? Kinect Sports rivals would appeal to a larger demographic of gamers,

Are you real?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 SecretPolice
@Zero_epyon said:

:P

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Zero_epyon

@flyincloud1116 said:
@Zero_epyon said:

You are here now and that's all that matters.

Yeah but I had plenty of popcorn yesterday.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Boddicker said:

Isn't there a new Halo Wars coming out for the X1? That's an RTS, a genre Sony's first party has yet to dip into.

Already mentioned in the OP

@ConanTheStoner said:

Wish their faces were smeared with like green paint as they jumped in, then it'd be perfect.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Zero_epyon

@SecretPolice said:
@Zero_epyon said:

:P

Not a fanboy, don't hate the Xbox. Silly goose.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 SecretPolice

@Zero_epyon:

Was just playing along is all. :P

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Zero_epyon

@SecretPolice said:

@Zero_epyon:

Hmm...

I got my eye on you..

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

I don't hate the Xbox, I do however hate Microsoft because like Intel and Nvidia they are a bunch of turds when it comes to playing nice with others and promoting consumer choice rather than just brown envelopes and dirty business tactics.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56137 Posts

@SecretPolice: It's not like I got nothing against NyaDC, he's just taking it way too seriously over lord Charz. All he has to do is prove Charz wrong by doing similar to PS4 just so we can see to back up his claims.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By SecretPolice

@Zero_epyon said:
@SecretPolice said:

@Zero_epyon:

Hmm...

I got my eye on you..

lol

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

Power Star Golf is a great game for the XB1 and it is an exclusive. Arcade Sport game

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Flyincloud1116

@Zero_epyon said:
@SecretPolice said:

@Zero_epyon:

Hmm...

I got my eye on you..

You are going to need both of your eyes.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By SecretPolice

@flyincloud1116 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@SecretPolice said:

@Zero_epyon:

Hmm...

I got my eye on you..

You are going to need both of your eyes.

I kid. I kid, you made me chuckle. ;)

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 SecretPolice

@davillain-:

I know man, just giving you some shyt, it's what I do lol. :P

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#241  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Whoa, sorry did not read the whole OP, just the beginning. I guess this is a pure system wars topic, for me like I have said many times, I usually roll with 1 console per generation, simply because over the years I am usually satisfied with 1 console only because most genres I like are usually represented in my console of choice and then there is the time issue where I just dont have tine to play the exclusives on each console, unless it is something incredible.

So TC you already have 2 consoles right? In your shoes I would find it very hard to justify purchasing an Xbox One, I would not even bother honestly I mean unless you feel you have time to play all three and your handheld games? So there is nothing wrong with that, it is normal you don't find a reason ti buy an Xbox One at this point.

For me, I agree the first party line up could use a little more variety, but 2 of my favorite genres (shooters and racers) are taken care of with Xbox One as far as first party. I would like to see more horror and story driven games, but luckily we have titles like QB coming soon. So I'm good in that sense. I always have great games to play, that's the bottom line.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

BTW your list is wrong.. according to this link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games

MS has 33 console exclusive games that have ALREADY been launched and 11 more with dates (and whole bunch more with TBA)

MS also has (same list) 24 exclusive games already released and 3 more with release dates (and a whole bunch of TBA as well)

in just the latter list of released games there are (according to that link) 15 different genres of game

I did not look at Sony's and perhaps they have more but this list of just MS shows that you are under reporting for the XB1 to try and prove your little point

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

They just don't have enough stand out studios. They have 343i and The Coalition as Halo and Gears factories and then there's Turn 10 who are at least consistent. After that there's the off chance Rare might make a quirky little game here and there, and then there's dog shit like Fable.

On the other hand, Sony have an outstanding studio in Naughty Dog, who will probably go on to create stand out games in any given generation... but beyond that there are so called top tier devs with iffy track records. Santa Monica is a capable studio, but only in the same way someone like 343i is. They can make a working game if they want to, but it's like luke warm offerings. Sucker Punch are in the same category as Lionhead for me. Infamous is shit. Then of course Media Molecule who seem content with making bad playing creators in the era of Minecraft.

I guess what I'm saying is, quantity and diversity is all well and good, but what's even better are good games. And both Sony and MS first party don't make enough of those. Nintendo on the other hand have the best track record in the buisness. But even them lately have had their fair share of uninspired offerings. Like I don't give a **** about Fire Emblem and their enteries into their main franchises have all been just passable this gen. Thank God for Splatoon bringing something fresh to the roster. It's sales prove something needed revitalizing in that company.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 SecretPolice

@bobrossperm:

Just thought I'd point out; Rare was great on 360 till freakin Kinect came along and Sea of Thieves is Rare's most ambitious game of all time so I have high hopes they'll get back on track with their first non Kinect game since 2008 I think. :D

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178848 Posts

Contrary to what some fan boys think here my problem with the X1 is not that it's from MS....I do have their first two consoles.....it is that the games that leave me wanting. I'm waiting for MS to generate some must have game/games that make me want to pick up the One. So far it's more of the same and I really don't play those games. I do have a few of the early Halo's but I'm really not a fan of shooters.....first or third. Fighting and racing games are also low on my list of games. I liked Soul Caliber on the DC. I have Injustice but other than that.....just don't play them. I wish MS would cater to more than the small demographic that it does. And that's the reason the console isn't selling this gen.

The most creative games were on their first console. Lots of genres to pick from. It started to narrow with the 360 so much so that most of the games I bought for that console were third party. And as I said I await to pick up the One. So far nothing impresses.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#246 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Because MS caters to NA who love guns, MS do not care for Europe nor Asia. This is why they have and always will fail outside NA, it's good that next gen they will go PC orientated.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@spicymeatball27 said:

Resistance is garbage.

Resistance 86%

Resistance 2 87%

Last 2 halo games.

Halo 4 87%

Halo 5 84%...lol

@cainetao11 said:

@charizard1605: Someone from MS said it during last gen, they don't believe a year must be flooded with what we call "real exclusives". They see their console as a piece of electronic entertainment. If you like something they offer, great you will get it on this entertainment console. But you will also have a year filled with games made by 3rd party studios that do support this console. If you scan the lists, like your now famous one, and prefer the option to play some of those games, great!! Go buy that console. I did and always do, albeit most of your on the PS side was worthless to me. The 4 games I do want is enough for me to own the PS console.

You're asking why this company handles the console business differently. How could any of us know? I do not believe the Japanese will ever fully accept an American companies console. There is nationalistic pride involved on some level imo. So there are some Japanese devs that simply wont make games for X1. But that's just my opinion.

Yeah that is what you say when you have less exclusive and just care about multiplatforms,fact is if MS would have invested all the money it spend money hating 3rd parties it would have make many more new games,Halo,gear forza mary go round is pathetic and trying to act as if it was the best line up in history is a joke,i take 2007 line over last year one and i didn't even like Halo 3.

@delta3074 said:

Again you show your ignorance, Gears was not even around on the first X box.

'no one cares about Gears anymore'

'and no one ever cared about Forza no matter how good it is.'

Utter rubbish and utter arrogance, you speak for yourself sunshine, you don't speak for everyone else.

You lot are just gutted that Forza dethroned SONY's flagship title and became the Go to Driving game on consoles.

Come one man while i agree that Forza did make some things great,it never ever dethroned GT as the go to race,GT has always beat Forza sales wise without even trying,and Forza 5 which came basically head to head with GT6 actually scored lower than GT6,79% on meta while GT6 has 81%,there hasn't being any other GT since GT6,so we have to wait for the next one to see how it goes,but the last one hitting in 2013 like Forza actually outscore Forza 5.

@R4gn4r0k said:

The smear campaign is real.

Does Sony offer both a realistic and arcade racer (Forza and Forza Horizon) ? Nope

Does Sony offer a RTS on their console (Halo Wars) ? Nope

Does Sony offer open world kill fests (Dead Rising 3, Sunset Overdrive) ? Nope

Both lack variety if I'm honest. But at least MS is trying to make up for all those crappy years under Don Mattrick.

Remember Don Mattrick killing off first and second party ? Yeah, that's part of the reason why Xbox is lacking variety and games at the moment.

Yes GT and drive club.

Does MS has baseball games.?

That is not a freaking genre.

Only a fanboy believe Don Mattrick is to blame for the xbox one problems.

@R4gn4r0k said:
@charizard1605 said:

Sure, that's the reason, but that's not what I care about for now. I credit Spencer with turning the Xbox One around, but for now it remains a thoroughly unappealing product.

Yeah, same with the PS4. See my "PC had 4 AAA games in about 2 months time" thread

We completely agree :)

Typical lemming fail with the xbox hyde on PC...lol

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@charizard1605: SMH, what about, Sunset Overdrive, Rare Replay, Powerstar Golf, Crimson Dragon, Dance Central, Zombie Driver, and Fruit Ninja Kinect 2, or do theses not matter for for graphs and agenda?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178848 Posts
@xxyetixx said:

@charizard1605: SMH, what about, Sunset Overdrive, Rare Replay, Powerstar Golf, Crimson Dragon, Dance Central, Zombie Driver, and Fruit Ninja Kinect 2, or do theses not matter for for graphs and agenda?

Active franchises.....read the OP. And Kinect? lol

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@SecretPolice said:

@bobrossperm:

Just thought I'd point out; Rare was great on 360 till freakin Kinect came along and Sea of Thieves is Rare's most ambitious game of all time so I have high hopes they'll get back on track with their first non Kinect game since 2008 I think. :D

Rare is way underrated now. They went from being the most overblown studio ever on Nintendo's platforms to being treat like trash on Xbox. Viva Pinata and Banjo Nuts and Bolts are better games than Conker and the OG Banjo. They play better and are far more interesting. Which is why I'm not in the slightest hyped for Yooka-Layle because it's going to be a nostalgia fest of shitty late 90's collectathons with weighted controls. Rare are still capable of good stuff. It's just they have a hate parade because they are now owned by MS. Sea Of Thieves looks interesting, definately something I'm willing to give a chance. I actually think Rare are my favorite MS studio, because Kameo, Viva Pinata and Banjo N&B are all really good games. As you say, Kinect fucked them.