@blackace said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@b4x said:

@blackace said:

@b4x said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@b4x said:

I was blown away.

You would have a point if you were talking about the Order?

both those games look about as interesting from a gameplay perspective.

Everything I have seen on The Order has been hand holding pulled out of the actual gameplay. At least they were actually playing quantum break for extended periods of time?

A small glimpse of a demo in QB >>>>>>> everything I have seen from The order. Graphics and game play. If you have an X1 go watch the actual demo feed in real time. The stream does it ZERO justice. Mind blown at what was going on in that engine. When the surfaces actually buckle from manipulation... My god.

That's what I had said. I watched the who Microsoft conference on my XB1 in glorious 1080P. The videos of QB onYoutube and these sites don't even compare. You have to see it playing in person or on a HD stream to really apprecciate the graphical brillance of this game. The effects left me speechless.

I watched again on X1 and It blew my mind.. I was skeptical till I saw that footage. When the wood buckled on the peer....wow.

The detail in that video on the X1.... No the YouTube and stream shit is very misleading. It fooled me bad. Till I saw the true demo.

EDIT: I was seriously like Meh.... till I saw that X1 video. I was not impressed at all by the stream or web videos.

Apparently QB is using pitch based partical mass in which light travels through and from the particles themselves. This has yet to be achieved in any other game I've heard of. It's CGI techniques. Also it's reflections are not only limited toa single geometry space. It reflects particles in their full geometric form.

I have no idea how people even can say The Order competes with it's forward renderer, pre baked shadows, and 800p buffer (lol). And when it comes to PC, it will perhaps do even more crazy stuff. But all I said was on the XB1 version. The integral-based lighting pass devoids any bloom buffer so that the objects can be properly lit while spill in the scenes can be eliminated. Techniques only available on XBOX ONE fall 2015!We

Well, I didn't know that. I guess you do learn something new every day. Even on SW.

He's full of it? C.R.A.P.... P.O.S. should be a dead give away... I did laugh though :p

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#152  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

There you have it folks... I would never say "Go Patriots" not in a million years. My body will not allow it.

Not Blackace confirmed. :p

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#154  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@b4x said:

There you have it folks... I would never say "Go Patriots" not in a million years. My body will not allow it.

Not Blackace confirmed. :p

LOL!! Go Red Socks!! Hey, I'm original from Boston area so I've gotta root for some of my teams. The Socks are dead this year. Bruins fell apart as well. Only the Celtics and Patriots can bring us a championship. I hate all the New York teams except the Mets.

No, I'm not B4X. Heil could tell you my alt.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#155 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Looks like there is more to Quantum Break then meets the eye.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/theres-more-to-quantum-break-than-you-might-think/1100-6421711/

Interesting read.

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#156 GamersJustGame
Member since 2014 • 323 Posts

@JangoWuzHere:

Game looks awesome. Most agree.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#157 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

Was anyone incredibly underwhelmed by the gameplay reveal of Quantum Break? I was honestly expecting something unique and fresh from Remedy. In reality, its probably the most generic looking game at gamescom. The action and shooting looked kinda bad. Weak gun sounds and powers which only look okay.

In a new generation of consoles, I think Microsoft needs to take more risks instead of making more everyday shooters.

Maybe it's because we've seen eights minutes of gameplay?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

@mems_1224 said:

why would you expect something new from Remedy? They're amazing at making TPS, why would you expect anything else? It looks cool

Because Remedy use to do cool and unique stuff when they made games. Quantum Break looks like it could be from anyone. Its got the same copy and pasted shooter combat with some powers thrown in. The game also didn't look that great. The shooting looked awkward and I didn't see the point of freezing individual targets when you could just shoot them instead.

QB looked cool and unique to me.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

The basic enemy AI was what made it boring. No real tactics to speak of other than popup and shoot from behind cover. The only saving grace was the special enemies shown at the end who encourage the player to make smart use of his/her time powers. But they seem likely to be rare encounters at best.