Why does Killzone 2 look better than Halo 4?

• 57 results
Avatar image for deactivated-63181ff40994a
deactivated-63181ff40994a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 deactivated-63181ff40994a
Member since 2017 • 575 Posts

One would think the latest halo game on last gen consoles would destroy anything the PS3 could come up with, mainly due to it being a Halo game and because the 360 had a better GPU than the PS3.....but NO, Killzone 2 looks far better. Yes i know this is old news...but i couldn't help talk about the matter again. For those that say 343 studios isn't bungie.....Halo 3 didn't look better either.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Not the board for this.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46283 Posts

We will see when Halo 4 releases on PC how good it looks.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56097 Posts

Funny, Killzone was originally supposed to be Sony's big answer to Halo, (aka the Halo Killer) which was Xbox's huge exclusive FPS franchise at the time. But anyhow, Killzone 2 was one of the best if not the best FPS on PS3 with a memorable campaign, it actually gave Halo 3 a run for its money. But overall, I enjoy both games, but Killzone 2 had a much better guns & weapons compare to Halo 3...and Halo 4 didn't look all that bad but not as fun as Killzone 2 in the matter of speaking.

Fun fact: Who remembers that E3 trailer where Killzone 2 looked brilliant? Then the game released and looked nowhere near as good?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69477 Posts

I don't know if you have played either game.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44168 Posts

I think Halo 4 looks better myself. 🤷‍♂️

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@davillain- said:

Funny, Killzone was originally supposed to be Sony's big answer to Halo, (aka the Halo Killer) which was Xbox's huge exclusive FPS franchise at the time. But anyhow, Killzone 2 was one of the best if not the best FPS on PS3 with a memorable campaign, it actually gave Halo 3 a run for its money. But overall, I enjoy both games, but Killzone 2 had a much better guns & weapons compare to Halo 3...and Halo 4 didn't look all that bad but not as fun as Killzone 2 in the matter of speaking.

Fun fact: Who remembers that E3 trailer where Killzone 2 looked brilliant? Then the game released and looked nowhere near as good?

Who remembers something that didn't happen? Maybe just you.

It actually looked pretty damn close they even did a side by side video that illustrates how close GG came...

Loading Video...

It's cool to say the original KZ2 trailer was CGI, it's even cool to say of course the CGI looked better...but don't go into fanboy territory making statements that only xbox fanboys lovingly spew.

" and looked nowhere near as good?"

I remember actually when it launched and was called the best graphics ever seen on consoles and everyone was amazed how close it came to that CGI. You need to throw your "memory" in the trash.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@boxrekt: LOL you tried way too hard. And it wasn't a serious question either :P

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45105 Posts

I think it goes without saying Killzone series was great and I'm banking on a comeback for PS5.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-63181ff40994a

@davillain- said:

Actually.......that CGI trailer sony realeased for K2 back in 05.....was matched to a degree. Some things in the CGI trailer looked bland and just bad (the flames for example and some textures and overall lighting, etc). The only thing that wasn't matched was the character detail, animations and just A.I. The developers still managed to make the final retail version look insanely good for it's time.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@davillain- said:

@boxrekt: LOL you tried way too hard. And it wasn't a serious question either :P

Yeah ok.gif

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#12  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@fastnslowww:

I dunno, I think Halo 4 looked way better. The graphics were really crisp and detailed and it had a really good framerate for a 360 game. The humans definitely looked better too. I guess it might've mostly been the art style that sold it. Still wasn't a huge fan of the Chief's remodeled look though but it was a beautiful game nonetheless. I also LOVED the Metroid-Prime-style under the helmet look too.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@fastnslowww: I'm not into near grayscale Killzone 2. My PC can run Killzone 2 with PS3 emulator and the graphics hype is a yawn.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@davillain- said:

No it never was the media started to call the game Halo killer,and crap like that and is from there that the whole crap begin.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@boxrekt said:
@davillain- said:

It actually looked pretty damn close they even did a side by side video that illustrates how close GG came...

Loading Video...

It's cool to say the original KZ2 trailer was CGI, it's even cool to say of course the CGI looked better...but don't go into fanboy territory making statements that only xbox fanboys lovingly spew.

I remember actually when it launched and was called the best graphics ever seen on consoles and everyone was amazed how close it came to that CGI. You need to throw your "memory" in the trash.

isn't the KZ2 controversy related to the 2005 CGI trailer that they seemingly claimed to be PS3 gameplay. The video you posted is a comparison to an E3 2007 gameplay demo

Even the video description mentions the 2005 trailer being CGI:

The very first trailer of Killzone 2 shown on e3 20[05]turned out to be entirely rendered video, however two years later Sony decided to show pure gameplay of Killzone 2

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

KZ2 was good, Halo 4 was good, niether were great tho imo

I thought halo 4 looked better, KZ2 looked good but was washed out. I liked the dark color pallete but it was too washed out, that game was even more washed out than gears 1 and that's saying something

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@tormentos: I could've sware Sony wanted their own FPS exclusive just to compete with Halo since Halo was still a big thing. But hey, Killzone series did give Halo a run for its money.

@fastnslowww said:

Actually.......that CGI trailer sony realeased for K2 back in 05.....was matched to a degree. Some things in the CGI trailer looked bland and just bad (the flames for example and some textures and overall lighting, etc). The only thing that wasn't matched was the character detail, animations and just A.I. The developers still managed to make the final retail version look insanely good for it's time.

Oh don't get me wrong, Killzone 2 still look impressive during PS3 early days, the weapons were freaking amazing, nothing like that in Halo 4 for that matter nor Halo 3. I do enjoy Killzone 2 but 3 felt like a stepdown and Shadowfall was good but forgettable.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@fastnslowww said:

One would think the latest halo game on last gen consoles would destroy anything the PS3 could come up with, mainly due to it being a Halo game and because the 360 had a better GPU than the PS3.....but NO, Killzone 2 looks far better. Yes i know this is old news...but i couldn't help talk about the matter again. For those that say 343 studios isn't bungie.....Halo 3 didn't look better either.

I think he's trying to say that with a weaker GPU Sony will have a better looking games when the PS5/XSX come out... Surprised no one picked up on it.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Killzone 2 gun and enemy feedback to situations was outstanding. The attention to detail on enemy AI where they frequently tries to flank you and those damn rolls to get cover always frustrates me. Not to mention the feedback when you kill enemy is damn satisfying. The helgan has unique animation depending where u hit them if I remembers correctly.

Though I do hate the friendly AI and the visuals of the game is just to yellowish compared to the more colorful halo look. Idk its probably why fortnite is popular its colorful art direction is more visually appealing to kids.

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1001 Posts

Have I gone back in time?

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

Killflop Shadowflop killed the series dead.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Killzone is failed series. it started as Halo killer but in general its more of COD in space with bad controlling.

Halo has its own identity and have unique setting and lore. Killzone doesnot.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever said:

Killzone is failed series. it started as Halo killer but in general its more of COD in space with bad controlling.

Halo has its own identity and have unique setting and lore. Killzone doesnot.

I'm willing to bet you've never played Killzone.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Never played Halo 4 so I cant comment on that game, but Killzone 2 was one of last fend best shooters hands down and visually it still looks damn good. Might have to replay the first three games again soon.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

Everybody talks about Killzone 2 graphics, but I was impressed more by the sound and animation in that game than the graphics.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

The dutchies at Guerilla can actually program. 343 can't.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

The 360 and the ps3 were pretty much evenly matched.

As for Halo 4 vs KZ2 i'd say they trade blows, better animations and particle effects in KZ2 but Halo 4 looked crisp and has more shit going on at once on screen. They are both fun games and very different so hard to compare.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:
@davillain- said:

Loading Video...

isn't the KZ2 controversy related to the 2005 CGI trailer that they seemingly claimed to be PS3 gameplay. The video you posted is a comparison to an E3 2007 gameplay demo

Even the video description mentions the 2005 trailer being CGI:

The very first trailer of Killzone 2 shown on e3 20[05]turned out to be entirely rendered video, however two years later Sony decided to show pure gameplay of Killzone 2

You're right. The e3 trailer in this comparison is in-engine, but the trailer shown at e3 2005 was CGI and somehow a lot of people got the idea it was real-time and what we could expect from the game.

Here's the e3 2005 CGI trailer. The video quality is pretty bad, and if you look closely you can point out a few things that look better in games today, but the geometric detail and particle density is well beyond what you get in games. Killzone 2 never had a chance of looking this good.

Loading Video...

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Still talking about Killzone in current year is absolutely hilarious. Killzone is dead, and it deserved to die.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

:P

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1238 Posts

probably cus it ran at 6fps

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#33 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69477 Posts

All of this because the PS5 is spec'd slower than the Series X. The good news is that more threads like this are expected in the coming months.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2078 Posts

I loved Killzone 1 and 2 (Part 2 especially for it's really good story and cliffhanger ending)

However I did not enjoy Killzone 3 and 4.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

@boxrekt: Wow you're dumb. You just compared the first 2007 gameplay trailer to the final gameplay. THIS is the E3 2005 CG fake trailer:

https://youtu.be/dwrp9hndH_U

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

@Pedro said:

All of this because the PS5 is spec'd slower than the Series X. The good news is that more threads like this are expected in the coming months.

This has been one of the best weeks in gaming history. I am loving these cows crying and meltdowns.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@BlackShirt20: What cows are crying and having meltdowns exactly?

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

Killzone 2 looks blurry and has the worst input lag of any game in the history of electronics. Halo 4 looks better and 343i never tried to pass off a fake CG trailer as "gameplay".

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

What year is it again? *looks up KZ2's launch date* 2009? Fucking seriously? Holy shit I feel old.

KZ2 doesn't look technically better than Halo 4, you're delusional.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-63181ff40994a

@foxhound_fox said:

What year is it again? *looks up KZ2's launch date* 2009? Fucking seriously? Holy shit I feel old.

KZ2 doesn't look technically better than Halo 4, you're delusional.

Are you stupid? K2 has been praised for its technological achievements by digital foundry among others...concerning graphics.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#43 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Remember when Halo 4's multiplayer added so much CoD bullshit. What a lame game man, the fucking prometheans? fuckers ruined so much shit.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

KZ2 was cool for a bit, but I got so much more out of H4. Don't underestimate the long time value of Halo games. They are updated and added to for many years.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Two poor games that don't deserve any attention. At least KZ2 looked great for its time, tho.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Halo 4 looks both technically (admittedly close) and artistically (light years ahead) better than Killzone 2.

Halo is also a top tier, terrifically fun FPS series, even the more wobbly 343 ones.

Killzone is a pile of brown, dreary drudgery.

Can we all give thanks that the guys at Guerrilla finally stopped beating the dead horse, ditched that shit series and made the awesome Horizon Zero Dawn instead? Now THAT is a quality game :)

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
@jg4xchamp said:

Remember when Halo 4's multiplayer added so much CoD bullshit. What a lame game man, the fucking prometheans? fuckers ruined so much shit.

The multiplayer stuff was lame, I liked the new single player enemies though. A lot more fun to fight than the damn Flood anyway! (I do enjoy the Flood too, but in smaller doses than Bungie want to give me...)

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@locopatho: flood are shit. But the Prometheans are also shit.

Bungie and their tribute band both make wack enemies outside of the covenant. 343s version of the elites are a huge downgrade tho.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Killzone 3 and 4 were great. Especially 4

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 R4gn4r0k

@jg4xchamp said:

Why did franchises like Battlefield and Halo start copying COD for their online modes? These were already so damn popular, it just makes no sense.

"Let's be like COD, because everyone is like COD"

Doofuses