Why does Halo 3 have such ugly graphics?

• 159 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

[QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"] Looks okay to me. p.s. I messed this guy up.-wii60-
Damn.... thats ugly!

Just like uncharted ugly textures.

Yeah, keep thinking that. :roll:

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 leviathan91

Halo 2 HD looks good.credibilityzero

Halo 3 is 640p. :P

-wii60-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 -wii60-
Member since 2007 • 3287 Posts

[QUOTE="-wii60-"][QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"] Looks okay to me. p.s. I messed this guy up.leviathan91

Damn.... thats ugly!

Yeah, I will.
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 leviathan91
[QUOTE="leviathan91"]

[QUOTE="-wii60-"][QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"] Looks okay to me. p.s. I messed this guy up.-wii60-

Damn.... thats ugly!

Yeah, I will.

Just out of curiousity, have you ever played the demo?

-wii60-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 -wii60-
Member since 2007 • 3287 Posts
[QUOTE="-wii60-"][QUOTE="leviathan91"]

[QUOTE="-wii60-"][QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"] Looks okay to me. p.s. I messed this guy up.leviathan91

Damn.... thats ugly!

Yeah, I will.

No,but my girlfriends brother owns a ps3 and he was playing the game, it looks great but the textures aren't that special in some places like some people says :roll:
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 leviathan91
[QUOTE="leviathan91"][QUOTE="-wii60-"][QUOTE="leviathan91"]

[QUOTE="-wii60-"][QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"] Looks okay to me. p.s. I messed this guy up.-wii60-

Damn.... thats ugly!

Yeah, I will.

No,but my girlfriends brothers owns a ps3 and he was playing the game, it looks great but the textures aren't that special in some places like some people says :roll:

No, the textures were fine and so was everything else.

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts
Extra win for taking the picture with a CAMERA!
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
it doesn't. great graphics.
Lord_Anselhelm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Lord_Anselhelm
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I'm sorry for all Halo 3 lovers out there, but the graphics are comparatively ugly to other games that are currently around.

Let me state for the record that I'm am neither a Sony nor a Nintendo fanboy sent by the Legion of Doom to infiltrate your camp. I have played several hours of co-op and multiplayer in Halo 3 with a mate who owns a 360 and compared to older games like HL2, even at 1080i or 1080p it just looks like Halo 2 with HDR lighting. There's no point in selecting certain textures to show us it does have them, as you're picking and choosing what you want us to see. The fact of the matter is that Halo 3 gives an "unfinished" feel to anyone used to highish-end HD gaming.

I generally game at highest PC detail at 1920x1200, slightly higher than 1080p. Using the most out of my 2x 7900 GSs in SLI, I can make most DX9 games look gorgeous. A console should not need this much power to push out beautiful graphics at full resolution since there is little overhead with the OS and drivers getting in the way: games are written directly for the console so it should be the equal of my machine quite easily. For a flagship product to look so unfinished is just awful, but what's worse is the people defending it, including my mate.

The gameplay i...well, it's Halo. If you like Halo, you'll like the gameplay. Personally speaking I like running through it in co-op, whilst avoiding my mate trying to kill me. Some bits look as good as they should, but others just give the feeling of someone not doing their job properly. I only hope that Valve have made the games in "The Orange Box" look as good on the 360 as they have on the PC. If they have, at 1080p my mate will be absolutely blown away by the consistency of better looking graphics.

In short, anyone who defends the graphics is just not experienced enough to make a firm judgement call. When you've been playing HD games for many years and using consoles for more than a decade, maybe then I can take your opinion seriously. But I cannot understand this need to defend bad graphics. Your game is still good for the sake of "expletive deleted"! But that doesn't mean it doesn't have its flaws.

Dusty-Ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Dusty-Ps3
Member since 2007 • 204 Posts
I wonder this myself and I have not pondered why the graphics are but I pondered why do people look at them
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Always-Honest

I wonder this myself and I have not pondered why the graphics are but I pondered why do people look at themDusty-Ps3

stop smoking that crap. snap out of it.

Caviglia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Caviglia
Member since 2006 • 1344 Posts
It is the drab, generic art-style that I find lacking. The graphics themselves are suitably expansive and, for want of a better word, 'epic'.
Bazfrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Bazfrag
Member since 2004 • 2217 Posts

So huge draw distance, masses of enemies, vehicles both on land and air,tons of diffenent explosions, the best hdr lighting in any game, great textures and a solid framerate = ugly? :roll:

Compare this to ps3 best games which use a fixed/semi fixed camera,and Halo is in a different league from a technical point of veiw.

The only thing ugly here is fanboys lack of knowledge of video games.

Lord_Anselhelm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Lord_Anselhelm
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

The argument here is that -- compared to contemporary games -- the graphics are simply not as good as they should be. It does not affect the gameplay (as I have said before), but simply put it still looks like it is in the beta stages. If you honestly believe this is the best the 360 can output, then either I've been misled over the graphics quality of the 360 or you've not played the best-looking games to have an unbiased comparison.

If you compared the graphics in Halo 3 to an OLDER game like HL2: Episode 1, the graphics in Halo 3 look undefined and bulky. The HDR is almost as well implemented, but HDR isn't the be-all and end-all of games. I'd rather see Halo 3 running at full 1920x1080 with details settings equal to what I can play on a PC (with all the consequent overhead and inefficiencies that do not plague a console) instead of HDR, as it's simply wasted. If I might sum this up to try to prevent further uninsightful responses (note: not a personal attack), the graphics in Halo 3 aren't bad, but they are not as good as a flagship title on the 360 should be able to produce and are certainly not even as impressive as older PC games. I'm not comparing it to a PS3 as I do not own one, nor do any of my close friends. Ergo I cannot compare it apples-to-apples. I am comparing it with a Windows PC since there are such parallels between the two types of system.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts
Halo 3's graphics could have been a lot better. So much for the power of the 360 :(
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#117 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts
It is the drab, generic art-style that I find lacking. The graphics themselves are suitably expansive and, for want of a better word, 'epic'.Caviglia
Explain how it is generic? I think generic is a term that's thrown around way too loosely here, especially with Halo. So again: why generic?
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts
It looks fine to me. Nothing spectacular or over the top but it looks good (judging from the actual game and not the TC's crappy pic).
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#119 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts
Looks good to me, best game on X360. Deserving of its 9.5 here on Gamespot and its 94% on Gamerankings.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

The argument here is that -- compared to contemporary games -- the graphics are simply not as good as they should be. It does not affect the gameplay (as I have said before), but simply put it still looks like it is in the beta stages. If you honestly believe this is the best the 360 can output, then either I've been misled over the graphics quality of the 360 or you've not played the best-looking games to have an unbiased comparison.

If you compared the graphics in Halo 3 to an OLDER game like HL2: Episode 1, the graphics in Halo 3 look undefined and bulky. The HDR is almost as well implemented, but HDR isn't the be-all and end-all of games. I'd rather see Halo 3 running at full 1920x1080 with details settings equal to what I can play on a PC (with all the consequent overhead and inefficiencies that do not plague a console) instead of HDR, as it's simply wasted. If I might sum this up to try to prevent further uninsightful responses (note: not a personal attack), the graphics in Halo 3 aren't bad, but they are not as good as a flagship title on the 360 should be able to produce and are certainly not even as impressive as older PC games. I'm not comparing it to a PS3 as I do not own one, nor do any of my close friends. Ergo I cannot compare it apples-to-apples. I am comparing it with a Windows PC since there are such parallels between the two types of system.

Lord_Anselhelm

You could compare Crysis to any game on the market and it would destroy it. Doesn't change the fact that you need a ridiculous computer to run the game and that there are much better games on the market compared to Crysis.

Graphics aren't everything and nor does it really mean anything. Simple fact is, if the game sucks, the graphics mean sh*t. People like Halo 3's gameplay...it could have Halo 2's graphics and most would probably be fine with it.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#121 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts
The graphics are good.

Not greatAAA graphics.

NOT AMAZING AAAA graphics.

good AA graphics.

THe overall game however IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.

Great single player,REALLY, REALLY goodMultiplayer, Amazing amount of content, tons of variety, AMAZING SOUND(yes dialogue, music, all that stuff sounds great except the whole "to war line"), Forge, Saved Films, etc .

The complete package was amazing. Also isnt this an opinion that has been said allready in septemeber. the visuals dont exactly amaze you but the game itself is. I mean its time to move on and complain about other games.
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 FrozenLiquid
(post)Lord_Anselhelm
The way you had to justify your opinion and history there just brings so many questions to my head as to why you felt you needed to do so. Oh, and for the record, I think I'm experienced enough to make a firm judgement call. Seeing as I'm an avid fan of FakeFactory's cinematic pack (You should know since you're calling out Half Life 2), I've been exposed to some damn fine looking stuff for these past few years. Oh, and Crysis came out, so I've been playing that too. Next point is: it's obvious you have not even tried going back to Halo 2 after spending time with Halo 3. People have done so, and, as reported here in our very own System Wars and in threads the net over, the differences are significant. Far from being Halo 2 with HDR. Third point: selecting textures is what even developers do. If a guy had to go out of the way to show a poorly textured toilet seat in the darkest corner of an offshoot room (yes, that's Halo 3), then that's pretty pathetic in itself. Bungie decided that people would look at their immediate environment, and thus the road textures and pulsing Flood pimple things were detailed at 2048x2048, whilst the rest was 1024x1024 (most character models) and 512x512 in some instances where you had to get out of your way to see them. When I played some of Episode 2 not so long ago (because there hasn't been a FakeFactory release for this puppy yet, so I played vanilla), it reminded me what the original predecessors looked like -- great looking character models, and so-so environment textures. But most of the time you're fixated on these models so the environment can get away with it. Even bigger difference in Crysis -- absolutely stunning character models (those team members of yours look phenomenal), but the environment looks relatively crap compared to them. HD is only a part of what makes Halo 3 look like it is. There's a lot of things Halo 3 is doing that makes it look better in 1152x640 than Counter-Strike 1.6 in 1650x1080.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

I'm sorry for all Halo 3 lovers out there, but the graphics are comparatively ugly to other games that are currently around.

Let me state for the record that I'm am neither a Sony nor a Nintendo fanboy sent by the Legion of Doom to infiltrate your camp. I have played several hours of co-op and multiplayer in Halo 3 with a mate who owns a 360 and compared to older games like HL2, even at 1080i or 1080p it just looks like Halo 2 with HDR lighting. There's no point in selecting certain textures to show us it does have them, as you're picking and choosing what you want us to see. The fact of the matter is that Halo 3 gives an "unfinished" feel to anyone used to highish-end HD gaming.

I generally game at highest PC detail at 1920x1200, slightly higher than 1080p. Using the most out of my 2x 7900 GSs in SLI, I can make most DX9 games look gorgeous. A console should not need this much power to push out beautiful graphics at full resolution since there is little overhead with the OS and drivers getting in the way: games are written directly for the console so it should be the equal of my machine quite easily. For a flagship product to look so unfinished is just awful, but what's worse is the people defending it, including my mate.

The gameplay i...well, it's Halo. If you like Halo, you'll like the gameplay. Personally speaking I like running through it in co-op, whilst avoiding my mate trying to kill me. Some bits look as good as they should, but others just give the feeling of someone not doing their job properly. I only hope that Valve have made the games in "The Orange Box" look as good on the 360 as they have on the PC. If they have, at 1080p my mate will be absolutely blown away by the consistency of better looking graphics.

In short, anyone who defends the graphics is just not experienced enough to make a firm judgement call. When you've been playing HD games for many years and using consoles for more than a decade, maybe then I can take your opinion seriously. But I cannot understand this need to defend bad graphics. Your game is still good for the sake of "expletive deleted"! But that doesn't mean it doesn't have its flaws.

Lord_Anselhelm
I agree the graphics are not amazing. but how does it feel unfinsihed.

Mass Effect which looks amazing looks unfinished with all the bugs.

Halo 3 looks like they put in a ton of effort on everything but graphics and thats why it runs smooth but doesnt look impressive.

Halo 3 isnt unfinished, it just didnt have that much effort put into visuals.
geodisicdome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 geodisicdome
Member since 2005 • 13663 Posts
the best way to judge is by playing the game- and yes, the graphics are nothing special. certainly not what was hyped origionaly.
sadikovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#125 sadikovic
Member since 2004 • 3868 Posts

Im really curious on what the TC wants to acheive with this topic... if he thinks that a game that doesn't look AAA isnt AAA then he's really quiet a pathetic graphics whore if you ask me.

We have all said its not the best looking game obviously... but no one's going to say it looks "ugly" or it could of been done last gen; because that would be a lie.

The reason the game looks great is because it uses a lot of colours, the textures a sharp and the levels are all interesting to look at.

Taking a picture of a toilet to prove a point FTL.

Caviglia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Caviglia

[QUOTE="Caviglia"]It is the drab, generic art-style that I find lacking. The graphics themselves are suitably expansive and, for want of a better word, 'epic'.FrozenLiquid
Explain how it is generic? I think generic is a term that's thrown around way too loosely here, especially with Halo. So again: why generic?

Trust me I am very sparing with that term, I know how it is abused. I just feel the art design and narrative of Halo 3 are shamelessly populist sci-fi standards. It is nice to have a little colour in FPS these days, but after playing Metroid Prime 3 and the prior games in the series, it becomes clear just how unimaginative and unambitious the level and enemy designs in Halo 3 are. Just check out the planets of Bryyo or Skytown in MP3 and then return to the expansive, yet barren and lifeless, vistas of Halo without being underwhelmed.

elektrixxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 elektrixxx
Member since 2004 • 11804 Posts
What's your problem, fanboy? The graphics are fine.
hywel69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 hywel69
Member since 2002 • 1086 Posts
LOL. it looks like you are playing it on an old CRT! Look at the bad moire effect you're TV has. I don't have that at all on my Plasma, you need a new TV mate. BTW you can't even get 480P on an old CRT. BTW I had to lol when I saw the SONY at the bottom of the TV.
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 FrozenLiquid

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="Caviglia"]It is the drab, generic art-style that I find lacking. The graphics themselves are suitably expansive and, for want of a better word, 'epic'.Caviglia

Trust me I am very sparing with that term, I know how it is abused. I just feel the art design and narrative of Halo 3 are shamelessly populist sci-fi standards. It is nice to have a little colour in FPS these days, but after playing Metroid Prime 3 and the prior games in the series, it becomes clear just how unimaginative and unambitious the level and enemy designs in Halo 3 are. Just check out the planets of Bryyo or Skytown in MP3 and then return to the expansive, yet barren and lifeless, vistas of Halo without being underwhelmed.

Right. You never once explained to me why Halo's art design is considered generic. You just said Metroid Prime 3's art design was better. If Halo's art was the epitome of generic, then why doesn't Doom 3, Half Life, System Shock, Star Trek or Warhammer look very similar to it? Why did GameSpot (or was it GameTrailers?) make the distinction of Mass Effect being inspired by Halo's art design in certain areas, when they should have just pointed out that it was the sci fi standard? Were you appalled that Forerunner architecture was undecorative? Does it shame you to think that their design was ergonomic and symmetrical? Was it painful to believe the artificial and sterilized ringworld that is Halo did not house any sophisticated lifeforms, thus being, as you have already said, barren and lifeless? I've seen the art of Metroid Prime, and it just proves my point: it seems developers need to spell art design in front of most gamers faces for them to see it. I'm not saying it's a bad thing on their part, but for the audience... Oh, and Skytown. Yes, beautiful city with nice, tall slender archways and intricate, decorative, wavy patterns everywhere you look..... -pause- Have you not seen other sky cities share similar traits to what you've just given me as an example? So don't go pointing the 'generic' finger when you've got something hot on your hands.
Caviglia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Caviglia

Right. You never once explained to me why Halo's art design is considered generic. You just said Metroid Prime 3's art design was better. If Halo's art was the epitome of generic, then why doesn't Doom 3, Half Life, System Shock, Star Trek or Warhammer look very similar to it? Why did GameSpot (or was it GameTrailers?) make the distinction of Mass Effect being inspired by Halo's art design in certain areas, when they should have just pointed out that it was the sci fi standard? Were you appalled that Forerunner architecture was undecorative? Does it shame you to think that their design was ergonomic and symmetrical? Was it painful to believe the artificial and sterilized ringworld that is Halo did not house any sophisticated lifeforms, thus being, as you have already said, barren and lifeless? I've seen the art of Metroid Prime, and it just proves my point: it seems developers need to spell art design in front of most gamers faces for them to see it. I'm not saying it's a bad thing on their part, but for the audience... Oh, and Skytown. Yes, beautiful city with nice, tall slender archways and intricate, decorative, wavy patterns everywhere you look..... -pause- Have you not seen other sky cities share similar traits to what you've just given me as an example? So don't go pointing the 'generic' finger when you've got something hot on your hands.FrozenLiquid

Surely you just proved me to be correct with that post. You just listed a range of games thatprovide variationson the general artistry of Halo, thus being generic. Halo uses almost every sci-fi standard in the book, I find it hard to believe that hundreds of years in the future humans are still driving jeeps and quads. I used Metroid as an example because the level-design seems so organic and believable, I can believe those worlds are truly alien and populated by completely different species. In the levels in Halo not staged on Earth I do not have this same illusion, a musician named Sun Ra once said of sci-fi films:

They make strange and horrible films, and I don't see any reason why space is horrible. I believe, rather, that people who make these movies show a sort of portrait of the Earth.

I feel the same about Halo, everything is competent and, as you say, ergonomic but it is lacking in detail, soul and quirks. I shall restate what I said earlier, that Halo 3 is shamelessly populist, it is palatable enough but tastes stale.

Pepsodentalspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#131 Pepsodentalspy
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

The textures are the most important thing in the graphics. Then comes the special effects, particle effectsand lightingand sure the framerate has to be solid, but that's really a different thing. Some ppl say that cod4 has beautiful graphics and that's BS if you're saying thatit has amazing graphics on thePS3 version (tho, CoD4 isn't graphically so magnificent anyway). The textures of the ps3 version are terrible, I know that since I only have aPS3 and Cod4 on it.

Halo 3 has good graphics! No doubt about it.Good textures and nice 60fps framerate. I know that too, since I swapped my PS3 and my friends 360 for a week when the Halo 3 came out. Gears of war has great graphics too, but I'm not really counting that, because theengine ads some seriousdetail into everysurface so it's kinda cheating and it looks stupid that every obstacle looks the same when looking up close.

Killzone 2 is the game that I'm looking forward to for the graphics. But I still doubt it'll reach the level of Crysis which has the best graphics I've ever seen. But now I think Ratchet and Clank has the best graphics on consoles... Seriously!

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#132 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

GamePlay>>>>>Graphics

God... I can't believe im defending a 360 game.

DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
What is holding Halo 3 back in terms of graphics is not textures, (except rock textures on valhala,) its environment and art design. The technology allows for greater detail than the art design entails. Despite Halo 3 being developed on a next gen system, the environment detail and poly count appears low enough to be on last gen consoles. The character design (especially the elites), the gun models, and the lighting are fantastic however.
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#134 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
That is one thing I've noticed too. A lot of those in-game screenshots you can take look much better than what the actual in-game play looks.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#135 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts
wall textures are not taht great also  lt-rickhunter
DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts

GamePlay>>>>>Graphics

God... I can't believe im defending a 360 game.

AgentA-Mi6
god forbid you don't have a burning innate desire to hate all things on the 360. It doesn't pay to be a fanboy.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#137 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts
i think the reason is that sony tv where you played the game
Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts
i think the graphics looks better in-game
Liquid-GEAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Liquid-GEAR
Member since 2007 • 1574 Posts

Yah Halo 3 is rather horrid in the graphics dept.

and to think ppl once compared it to KZ2 and Crysis..

inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

I think the game looks nice at points, pretty good lighting.

.. Other than that. Forget about it. As the post above said ^^ yeah, it's strange considering the amount of flak KZ2 got for textures back during E3. Of course I always believed it to be the superior game graphically, from what I've seen of KZ and played of Halo I pretty much believe this to be true.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Always-Honest
looks pretty good. people look horrible though
bonethug1213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 bonethug1213
Member since 2005 • 575 Posts
Graphics arent ugly, just overrated. And why on earth are people still talking about this game? Its been overshadowed big time by COD4 and Crysis. Just let Halo 3 go away already, everytime someone talks about it it reminds me how flawed ratings are these days.
Avatar image for Apathetic-Irony
Apathetic-Irony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Apathetic-Irony
Member since 2006 • 1391 Posts

Graphics arent ugly, just overrated. And why on earth are people still talking about this game? Its been overshadowed big time by COD4 and Crysis. Just let Halo 3 go away already, everytime someone talks about it it reminds me how flawed ratings are these days.bonethug1213

It still has 1,000,000 unique players playing it online daily. It sold 6 million in its first two weeks. It broke the record for sales in the entertainment industry. It got blamed for an entire month of movie flopping.

Yeah, totally overrated.

PapaJohn24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#144 PapaJohn24
Member since 2005 • 871 Posts
While the graphics themselves aren't stellar, the HDR lighting is the best I've ever seen in a game.
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#145 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Funny thing. Outdoor levels are gorgeous. Indoor levels are ugly. Skin texture is atrocious. Armor is shiney and the aliens look good.

Such a mixed bag.

Crunchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Crunchman
Member since 2003 • 9316 Posts
Isn't it obvious? You're using a Sony television. :roll:
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts

so cows bash 360 for graphics huh?

whats their best game? uncharted?

stand it up to crysis and it might as well be pitfall

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#148 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

shadow_hosi

Uncharted is definetly the best looking game outside of the PC realm.

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts
[QUOTE="shadow_hosi"]

Bread_or_Decide

Uncharted is definetly the best looking game outside of the PC realm.

consoles:the fight for second place

and you know what? second place is the first loser

WhyuStillAlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 WhyuStillAlive
Member since 2007 • 607 Posts

shadow_hosi
what is 360s best graphics? gears of war. UT3 will look much better.