Why do you want the PS3 to fail.

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wil4hire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Wil4hire
Member since 2007 • 650 Posts

Srsly.

Since there are tons of threads trying to convince others of the impending ps3 doom. Why are there so many threads about this topic?

I understand people think "PS3 owners spent 600 dollars on a Bluray Player and a Gaming console. They were ripped off because the PS3 Has no good games." I cant say the ripped off part is true, because the PS3 is the best bluray player out there. They all range from 400-1000 dollars just for a player. I agree that none of the good games are out yet.

People also think "SONY said the PS3 was one of the most advanced peices of hardware. The Cell is a complete joke."

So why all of the threads about how its a flop etc? At the end of the day, why tell a person that has spent money on a game system that its a flop or that it "sux0rs" etc?

I don't like the divide that microsoft created. I don't remember Dreamcast owners calling eachother names and wishing for the death of the opposing systems. I don't remember Gamepro deciding what games I should/shouldn't buy.

When a system flopped, it sucked for all of us. Because that mean't we couldn't play games on the system anymore. Hell I wished the Gameboy 3d thing turned out cool, but it didn't. I didn't enjoy it flopping? same with the 3do.

Most of the resonable mutli-platform owners know the PS3 isn't a flop. Flop in opinions perhaps, but what does that have to do with the future of a gaming console.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts
i dont, im just sick of not getting a game that justifies my purchase of the thing.
Bballer101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Bballer101
Member since 2007 • 194 Posts

1. Since they don't have it, why not bash it?

2. Lemmings are Jealous of the playstation franchises success until now and when they have a chance to bash the systems name, they will.

3. This is system wars

Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts
I don't want it do die, but the thing's been out a year and there's still not a real compelling reason to buy one over a 360. Honestly, I think Sony's made a number of bad decisions concerning the PS3, and now they're reaping their rewards.
ELJUDEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ELJUDEZ
Member since 2004 • 7389 Posts
I don't.
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts
Many people feel the same about Sony the same way that many people feel about MS. They lie, cheat and steal to get their way to the top. And their products are overpriced pieces of complete garbage.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I want the ps3 to fail because the ps2 had the most sales and most games and I refused to own one and I became jealous and angry. I don't want to feel that way ever again. I want people to buy the console I like. I need validation.

Wil4hire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Wil4hire

I don't want it do die, but the thing's been out a year and there's still not a real compelling reason to buy one over a 360. Honestly, I think Sony's made a number of bad decisions concerning the PS3, and now they're reaping their rewards.Dr_Corndog

You sound resonable. Do You honestly think that the ps3 is going to become discontinued? 4-6 million units sold.. Not sure how many all down the drain. Which means Sony steps away from the gaming industry? Because that is a FLOP.

strudel420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 strudel420
Member since 2006 • 3687 Posts
I don't want the PS3 to fail. I would like to see someone who owns a PS3 admit there's no point in owning a PS3 until Spring 2008 though and to stop justifying their early purchase with garbage games.
Wil4hire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wil4hire

I don't want the PS3 to fail. I would like to see someone who owns a PS3 admit there's no point in owning a PS3 until Spring 2008 though and to stop justifying their early purchase with garbage games.strudel420

Well I own a ps3.

I have problems with anyone trying to "justify" a purchase of a console system. It is for entertainment, thats all. Am I entertained? You bet.

Motorstorm, Warhawk, R6V, Tigerwoods, GTConcept Demo(Has online rankings so you can keep trying to beat that 14 year old kid in asia). Most of the demos are entertaining. Tekken 5 is fun/w friends, Resistance, Madden, Sonic, Playing all of my PS2 games as well. Plus there are a few games only avaiable over download.

Most if not all ps3 owners are aware of the games we really bought the system for. Gran Turismo/MGS/Tekken etc. We knew it wasn't coming out the day after launch. We knew what HOME was and when it was coming out as well. Most of us werer suprised to see how Killzone is coming along.

I think non multiplat's want PS3 people to admit to their logic, when it is just plain wrong. Game and entertainment is all subjective. I enjoy my ps3, as I do my 360, as I do my PC. I enjoy my custom NHT home theater, so I knew Bluray would be the best fit. When I found Disney was supporting it, that was pretty much a done deal.

Garbage games. The only garbage game thus far has been LAIR. I bought that POS, it is one of the worst games I have ever played. However the PS3's budding power shows. Games are bad because of Story/Gameplay. Not because of the PS3. I don't know if you have picked up WARHAWK. But its a damn amazing game which is in a class of its own. You have the option of Wii like control, as well as playing on the biggest maps known to the console world. There is dynamic lighting, the textures are all high res, the shadows are amazing.. all while allowing 32 people to play with NO lag. It reminds me of BF2 but on a larger scale. You say the games are garbage, I blame the developers learing curve. Its ridiculous that this all wasn't ironed out early on.

I can admit that none of the historical exclusives are out yet. But that doesn't mean that people aren't enjoying their consoles.

Herbs84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Herbs84
Member since 2004 • 152 Posts
Wow, this thread has some of the most intelligent posts I've ever read in System Wars. Excellent.
Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

'Cause it will be quite funny.

Seriously though, I don't. I actually want them to stop failing.

rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts
because of kens mouth. ken was constantly insulting americans and american companies while wanting the americans dollars. sony waited too long to fire him, and so sony should suffer his fate.
Shu76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shu76
Member since 2006 • 913 Posts
People think cause the PS3 doesn't have any games,they think it's going to stay like that forever,sorry but the wii and 360 doesn't have any games....that I want to play...yet.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I'd like sails to be neck to neck and equal amount of exclusives. That would make it a little more interesting.
kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts

I dont want the PS3 to fail at all. My beef with it is that Sony always promises the moon and the delivers nothing but gravel!! Im sorry but I think even Sony fans have to admit that coming up on its one year anniversery the PS3 still doesnt have that "must have" game that will bring it out of the abyss!! Sure, the 360 didnt exactly light the world on fire either in its first year. But it had Gears of War last holiday to push systems off of retail shelves!! There isnt a game coming for the PS3 in 2007 that is the caliber of GeoW!! Thats not to say that Warhawk, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank and HS wont be excellent games because they will and they will also sell well...to the people that already own PS3's!!!

As far as the price argument goes! For what you are getting, the PS3 is a steal. It is of much higher quality than the 360 is. When you first unpack the PS3 and pick it up, it just screams quality. When you turn it on, it is quiet!! The XMB is very clean and easy to navigate and having BluRay capability is a big plus. But I dont buy consoles for movie watching. I buy them for games!!

Let me just throw this out there. If Sony had decided to take the same approach as MS and launched the PS3 minus the BluRay drive and WiFi and had priced it at $399, would the PS3 have sold better than it has? I say absolutely!!! Until Sony does something about the PS3's pricing structure and until they get those "must have" games out to the gamers, the PS3 is simply destined to be the third console in the generation!!!

omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts

sony has a lesson to learn about arrogance and having respect for your competitors

-Shrubs-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -Shrubs-
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts
I don't want the PS3 to fail at all. I just wish people would realize that just because the PS2 was a success doesn't mean the PS3 is going to be. If you're content with Sony cranking out a bunch of mediocre games, and you're just going to sit back and continue your support, nothing will change...
zac1213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 zac1213
Member since 2005 • 366 Posts

I really hope PS3 succeeds.

d3thm0nkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 d3thm0nkey
Member since 2006 • 615 Posts
I don't want it to fail. MS needs Sony and Sony needs MS. What kind of a sad world would it be with only the Wii. Yet the Wii has it's place. But I must say that it is not only MS fanboys who want things to fail. I hear bitter people all the time from all camps. I think it is good that there are three options. Oh yeah and PC....hehe.
myke2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 myke2010
Member since 2002 • 2747 Posts
I don't want the PS3 to fail. IMO fewer console manufacturers = less competition = lower standards in console design. Please don't mistake predictions of the PS3's failures to always mean people actually want it to fail. When I first saw the PS2 hit the streets in Asia I predicted it would crush my beloved Dreamcast system, but that doesn't mean I wasn't pulling for Sega to score an upset the entire time. I still think Sony blew it this generation with their price point, but I'm hopeful they'll learn from any mistakes made and be back in fine form next gen.
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts
A combination of disliking sony's stealing from other companies, incredible arrogance, especially towards Sony fans, and the disturbing direction of increasing the cost of product between generations are reasons enough to dislike sony, I do hope they fail, at this point I feel that they're damaging the industry.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
I don't want any system to fail. I love my PS3 and the games are just going get better, no doubt it.
strahd01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 strahd01
Member since 2003 • 2440 Posts
[QUOTE="Bballer101"]

1. Since they don't have it, why not bash it?

2. Lemmings are Jealous of the playstation franchises success until now and when they have a chance to bash the systems name, they will.

3. This is system wars

elite_ferns1

don't even get the lems started on xbox 1.5 and halo 2.5.

I don't know about jealiousness I just want sony to fail just enough to release their iron grip on some of their bigger 3rd party IPs to go multiplat so i don't have to buy another system that is 200 more than the system i was barely able to afford in the first place just to get said IPs.

edit: MS had more exclusives i wanted than ps3 and enough rumors of ps3 exclusive i wanted slipping through their fingers to warrant a purchase of a 360 over a ps3.

Palax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Palax
Member since 2003 • 2399 Posts

Srsly.

Since there are tons of threads trying to convince others of the impending ps3 doom. Why are there so many threads about this topic?

I understand people think "PS3 owners spent 600 dollars on a Bluray Player and a Gaming console. They were ripped off because the PS3 Has no good games." I cant say the ripped off part is true, because the PS3 is the best bluray player out there. They all range from 400-1000 dollars just for a player. I agree that none of the good games are out yet.

People also think "SONY said the PS3 was one of the most advanced peices of hardware. The Cell is a complete joke."

So why all of the threads about how its a flop etc? At the end of the day, why tell a person that has spent money on a game system that its a flop or that it "sux0rs" etc?

I don't like the divide that microsoft created. I don't remember Dreamcast owners calling eachother names and wishing for the death of the opposing systems. I don't remember Gamepro deciding what games I should/shouldn't buy.

When a system flopped, it sucked for all of us. Because that mean't we couldn't play games on the system anymore. Hell I wished the Gameboy 3d thing turned out cool, but it didn't. I didn't enjoy it flopping? same with the 3do.

Most of the resonable mutli-platform owners know the PS3 isn't a flop. Flop in opinions perhaps, but what does that have to do with the future of a gaming console.

Wil4hire

Cows wanted Xbox to fail when it launched last generation. Every Xbox game was ignored as a flop. This sound familiar? What's going on is nothing new, and in this case it's only a matter of cows digging their own graves.

UltimateRAGEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 UltimateRAGEX
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts
I don't want the PS3 to fail, it just does fail. Blame Sony.
Avatar image for Burnout_Player0
Burnout_Player0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Burnout_Player0
Member since 2007 • 702 Posts

i dont, im just sick of not getting a game that justifies my purchase of the thing.VendettaRed07

lol me too

albi321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 albi321
Member since 2007 • 1552 Posts
Why do you want halo 3 to fail.
swanlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 swanlee
Member since 2002 • 248 Posts
Sony needs to FAIL this gen. If the PS3 was a huge success next gen we would be looking at under powered 1000$ consoles. Sony also needs to re learn what it means to be a Game Console company, the Playstation should not be used as a trojan horse it should be a game console. Sony has been a lying arrogant company that has been pulling the wool over gamers eyes for years now. They need to FAIL badly otherwise gaming in general will have a lot of problems if Sony gets there way. It is in gamers best interest no matter which console you own that the PS3 fails badly
AIH_PSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AIH_PSP
Member since 2005 • 2318 Posts
People want the PS3 to fail becuase they are afraid that if it doesn't, it'll beat the Wii and the 360.
nathantay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 nathantay
Member since 2005 • 178 Posts
I want Sony to fail because the game industry was better b4 they came in and turned it into a market full of 90% crap casual games. Know Nintendo is beating them with the casual games and is cheaper so the PS3 has no chance of profiting from this gen.
CameosisJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 CameosisJ
Member since 2007 • 535 Posts

i dont want the system to fail.

I think many people want the system to fail because sony has been on top for so long. Also posters feel insecure about their purchase and put down Sony to make their console look better to others and to themselves subconsciously. It happens for every system. To say that PS3 has no games worth playing also is an exaggeration. The system is expensive because to get the best sometimes you have to pay the best. Its not like the system cost $200 and they charged $600 the system actually costs more than that.

Also u cant take out the bluray drive because then you cant play the bluray games :\

Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

[QUOTE="swanlee"]Sony also needs to re learn what it means to be a Game Console company/QUOTE]

Um... sony has NEVER been a "Game Console" company. That's ninty.

iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts
because it makes me want to puke all over th3 place, like i seen 10 or so of them and i puked on the guy in from of me in wallmarti
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

To push into devs heads they need to innovate more instead of cramming as much hardware as possible into a small black box.. Nintendo Wii may not have the graphics but they at least had the balls to do something completely unexpected after coming back from a hurting gen where the Gamecube was in last place.

In the end, in less its for a exclusive of some sort that you just half to play (which all those systems have it).. I can see no real reason to purchasing one.. A PC surpasses it, in graphics and technology for not much more money.. Xbox360 just about matchs it, while being cheaper, having a larger library of quality game, the best console multiplayer..

The Wii has controls that no other system can mimic, that systems such as the PS3 tried to mimic which ruined games like Lair.. In the end I would rather see Sony fail from the amount of arrogance and lack of innovation they put in their system..

goldplus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 goldplus
Member since 2006 • 127 Posts

Many people feel the same about Sony the same way that many people feel about MS. They lie, cheat and steal to get their way to the top. And their products are overpriced pieces of complete garbage.BumFluff122

360s break more often than ps3s

apolloluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 apolloluke
Member since 2006 • 1273 Posts
I dont like the cocky attitudes of Sony executives.
goldplus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 goldplus
Member since 2006 • 127 Posts

I dont like the cocky attitudes of Sony executives.apolloluke

And ms isn't cocky?

mastarifla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mastarifla
Member since 2005 • 2448 Posts

sony has a lesson to learn about arrogance and having respect for your competitors

omarguy01
darkmario123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 darkmario123
Member since 2006 • 1156 Posts
No one "wants" the PS3 to fail. It's already failing by itself :lol:
Avatar image for Apathetic-Irony
Apathetic-Irony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Apathetic-Irony
Member since 2006 • 1391 Posts

Simple.

I feel Sony is taking advantage of their user base by:

A) Doubling the price of their previouse generation console by shoving onto its customers an unproven format. This is actually one of the main reasons, and shouldn't be taken lightly. Unlike before, where DVD was almost certain to become mainstream, the DVD feature didn't increase the price of the PS brand (both PSX and PS2 were $300).

B) Sony blatantly rips off Nintendo's motion-sensing control aspect, and then claims "Rumble is last gen". Thanks Sony, I had no idea that a standard feature becomes obsolete when compared to something that was featured in a Game Boy game.

C) Sony makes stupid comments like the PS3 being a home computer that plays HD Movies and games in the 4th dimension and comments like "the PS3 would sell even if it didn't have any games".

I feel that if the PS3 fails to surpass the 360, Sony will learn not to abuse their consumers and learn from their mistakes. It has nothing to do with Microsoft -- who I actually hate (charging $50 for a wireless controller that costs you $9 to make, then charging $15 for a component that basically makes the wireless controller wired? $100 for Wifi? $100 for a 20gb HD?). But this is the lesser of two evils, and I feel the 360 has replaced the roll PS2 served last gen.

That is, to say, my PS2 broke all the time (couldn't read discs), but it had all of the best titles and everybody had it. Replace the word PS2 with 360, and you have this generation sumed up.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

the PS3 didn't fail, and will not fail. the system will have good and great games, Sony will profit, and PS3 owners will be happy. that'll be the scenario at the end of the gen even if the console remains 3rd.

but imo, it won't remain 3rd, it'll be second to the Wii.

Avatar image for Burnout_Player0
Burnout_Player0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Burnout_Player0
Member since 2007 • 702 Posts

the PS3 didn't fail, and will not fail. the system will have good and great games, Sony will profit, and PS3 owners will be happy. that'll be the scenario at the end of the gen even if the console remains 3rd.

but imo, it won't remain 3rd, it'll be second to the Wii.

SambaLele

i'm not...

TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TBoogy
Member since 2007 • 4382 Posts

You must not have been around when Sony fans made fun of Dreamcast fans something terrible. And Dreamcast fans were so outnumbered that it was impossible to have a fair conversation.

Pay back is a b!+(#.

Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Shade-Blade
Member since 2007 • 4930 Posts
I dont want it to fail just yet because I do plan on getting one when good games come out. Well, I should say if good exlusives comes out because Sony is loosing almost all exclusives to MS, which I love so I dont have to go out and buy a Ps3 quite yet.
headninjadog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 headninjadog
Member since 2005 • 742 Posts
I plan on buying an Elite soon but the last thing I want is for Sony to fail. If the 360 dosen't serve as an example of lazy, shortcut engineering, which has screwed over more consumers in this generation than the other current console makers, I don't know what does. Yet people in our hobby want other companies to be destroyed. I'm a fan of comicbooks and I never remember wishing DC would go out of business so Marvel could conquer the world but I guess playing video games makes you more vicious and it's fanboys who make Jack Thompson almost seem like he's making sense.
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 whoisryanmack
Member since 2006 • 7675 Posts

Because it's all snotty and stuck up about it's features. Get outta here with all the crap it can do and how well it can do it, if you can't show me something I actually care about. The massive buildup Sony places on the system makes me want to see it fail even more, because we all like a car wreck, and the only thing better is bigger cars in that wreck.

Plus, I own a 360 and it'd be one less system I need to worry about buying.

hkmp5a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hkmp5a2
Member since 2003 • 1315 Posts

I don't want the ps3 to fail, I loved the ps2 and hope that the ps3 will be just as good

Sony made the ps3 out to be a god, when I first got the ps3 I played RFOM and it was ok, then when motorstorm came out I also thought that was also ok. A few months went by and I picked up NGS I thought it was great, to bad I already played it on the xbox.

For the other AAA games that came out for the ps3 I already played them for the 360.

edit

I realy like playing blue-ray movies on my ps3, seems like the one saving thing about the consel untill some more good games come out.