Why do people (like me) hate the PS3 so much?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Redfingers
Member since 2005 • 4510 Posts
I used to be the biggest Sony fan around, until they announced the $600 pricetag at E3. I was floored at first, found myself trying to make excuses as to how I might be able to afford it. Then my doubt became anger, and I pledged from then on to not get a PS3 until the price was maybe 1/3 of that huge pricetag. Since then, of course, Sony has made many many stupid comments in th media. Other than the pricetag and these idiotic public statements by Sony, why do I hate the PS3 so much? It doesn't make sense.accameron
I don't know. The Xbox 360 is $600 with 4 years of Xbox Live Gold. With an HD-DVD drive it's $800. So why do you hate the PS3? As far as I'm concerned, I got my money's worth. Did you?
Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Redfingers
Member since 2005 • 4510 Posts

The reason I dislike amnd am beginning to dislike the PS3 so much is because of some of the fanboys in systemwars. Not only do they consider themselves and their gaming machines better and more sophisticated than the rest but they constantly disrespect people who use the other consoles. I suppose if I was a PS3 fan I would think the same of the 360 fanboys but regardless I have and own a 360. I actually do intend to purchase a Wii as well once they become more available and maybe some day a PS3.

I'm not speaking about every fan of the PS3 but the small minority who continue to post utter nonsense speaks leaps and bounds over those that speak with respect.

BumFluff122
That's not true man. Especially whenever you consider how much flak we get from the 360 owners and Wii owners. More than you get from Sony fans, I can guarantee you that. We are getting so much crap. I'm not sure why, but whatever. Only buy the PS3 if it seriously floors you sometime in the future. And that's an honest answer. I wouldn't ever buy a 360, now that I own a PS3. I expect you to feel the same, but, hey, maybe you have deeper pockets than me (I won't be buying a Wii either.). My major focus is PC though. PS3 acts as a distraction while the PC community finds an alternative to Windows Vista.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
I used to be the biggest Sony fan around, until they announced the $600 pricetag at E3. I was floored at first, found myself trying to make excuses as to how I might be able to afford it. Then my doubt became anger, and I pledged from then on to not get a PS3 until the price was maybe 1/3 of that huge pricetag. Since then, of course, Sony has made many many stupid comments in th media. Other than the pricetag and these idiotic public statements by Sony, why do I hate the PS3 so much? It doesn't make sense.accameron
So you want the PS3 to cost $200?
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts

That's not true man. Especially whenever you consider how much flak we get from the 360 owners and Wii owners. More than you get from Sony fans, I can guarantee you that. We are getting so much crap. I'm not sure why, but whatever.

Only buy the PS3 if it seriously floors you sometime in the future. And that's an honest answer. I wouldn't ever buy a 360, now that I own a PS3. I expect you to feel the same, but, hey, maybe you have deeper pockets than me (I won't be buying a Wii either.).

My major focus is PC though. PS3 acts as a distraction while the PC community finds an alternative to Windows Vista.Redfingers

I guess my dislike for Sony consoles comes from when   the XBox and PS2 were battling it off on these boards. ME being an original xbox owner always use to hate to see the postings on this board and the big headed PS2 owners go off and off on how much better their console was. A person hates to be called an idiot and be called stupid because of the purchase decision they made when it's personal choice rather than the majority. But still I'm willing to open myself up and am willing to buy a PS3 regardless of the dislike I have foir some of the posters on these boards.

And actually I use to be a PC gamer as well though I've switched. MY PC sucks and won't play any of the latest games aside from the Sims 2. I use to love playing Diablo and Battlefield 1942 on my PC. Whatever happened to Diablo 3 being released anyways? I've heard talk. I'm one of the few who would rather play a shooter on a console than a PC believe it or not. There are a few of us.

mikemil828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 mikemil828
Member since 2003 • 7024 Posts

Bandwagon, it's easier to believe fud about the PS3 than it is to believe fud about the Wii

air0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 air0123
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts
Its easy, no good games right now, and most future games look like the 360 will have the better ones.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

So you've been forced to buy the console on day one?

It's not going to stay $600 forever and it's not like the 360 is that cheap either. If you take into account XBL it's certainly not cheaper.

In any case, there's still many great games out/upcoming for the PS2. I'm definitely not ready for the PS3 yet but I'm not going to deny myself from my favourite series because of the price at launch. 

chigga102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 chigga102
Member since 2005 • 389 Posts
for me bioshock and mass effect
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Join the club.. I don't hate, just dislike their current actions and system.
fkholmes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#60 fkholmes
Member since 2006 • 8887 Posts
I'm in a similar situation, but I don't hate the PS3 I hate Sony.
KingOfJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 KingOfJersey
Member since 2007 • 285 Posts

i don't really think the price is that high considering a BD player comes with it and i know it isn't neccesary but if your  are a sony fan you probably do want a BD playerRagashahs

Well regardless of whether it has blu-ray or not $600 is $600 which is quite a nice piece of change.

RogerC44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

#62 RogerC44
Member since 2006 • 2504 Posts
You answered your own question...Weslii
Yeah you pretty much did.
darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts
So you are only willing to spend $200 dollars on a console. Fare enough.....although that means you don't own any of the new platforms correct? The PS3 was designed to be a home entertainment center, not just a game console. Is that a mistake, maybe....maybe not. Time will tell. But if you breakdown everything that comes with PS3 there is a reason why it's $600. They just didn't pull a number out of thin air and go with that. BluRay, wireless internet connection, 1080p resolution, ect..... You are buying the future in home entertainment, yes that means it's expensive but sometimes the best things are. I know I wouldn't own a PS3 if it wasn't for my company paying for it so I know what you are talking about.
ziggy87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ziggy87
Member since 2006 • 873 Posts
because it blows
blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#65 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
I don't h8 the system itself,i just h8 the cows that seem too think it's the be all end all just because it's got PlayStation in it's name.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#66 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I have felt pretty mad about how the PS3 turned out too... but I couldn't put my finger on why exactly that is. Why is it that I bought the damn thing if I'm so unsatisfied. Then it hit me... the one thing I feel most slighted by: The lack of compelling 1080p games. Sony talked up the PS3 and it's ability to feature true HD gaming, and I guess I assumed that since their console is capable, and the consumers are willing, PS3 owners would be enjoying a wide variety of high quality games that feature resolutions above and b3yond the games I've been enjoying for over a year on my 360. Well so far the games are approximately the same experience I am accustomed to, just without rumble, custom soundtracks, and acheivements. Of course, all of this would be irrelevant if the games came out looking crisper and more defined, or used the tilt functionality in a compelling way, but so far there havn't been any games I've tried that were outstanding, and visually ahead of what the competition offers up. That's what the PS3 needs... some great 1080p titles.