Why can't we just have a great system?

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tjandmia said:

Why does there always have to be something less than stellar with all of these game systems?

The Xbox one has the perfect controller and the best online and awesome backwards compatibility, but the system is too weak, with far fewer games than the ps4.

The ps4 is a nice, powerful system with the best game lineup this gen and a good online service, but it's controller is a complete disaster with that abysmal battery life, that goofy analog sick setup, and that annoying touchpad. Plugging your controller into your console ended in 2005. To hell with that nonsense.

The switch is a gaming tablet that will get some good Nintendo games, but not much else, making it only worth a purchase for playing Mario, Metroid, and Zelda. It's got those odd controllers, it's the weakest system available, and it's basically a reiteration if the failed Wii u, having Incorporated all of its features.

The PC is probably the closest to being perfect with is variable performance options, control schemes, software lineup, and free online play, but it's big problem is the complexity of having to interface with its OS and the problems that brings with it - incompatibilities with hardware, driver problems, OS problems, tweaks and fixes that should be a thing of the past, etc.

Seems like it's too​ hard for the gaming market to figure out that people want great games, great controllers, and great online play on powerful machines.

Kinect has diverted cost structures away from GDDR5 and larger GPU.

XBO's 32 MB ESRAM chip area size could be exchanged with another set of 14 CU, which yields 28 CU class GPU.

384 bit GDDR5-5000 (240 GB/s GB/s physical BW) could be done without Kinect. PS4 used 256 bit GDDR5-5600 (176 GB/s physical BW).

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts
Loading Video...

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

I have an XB1, PS4, Wii U, and Switch, and I regret nothing.

People need to stop whining so much, seriously, between all those systems, there's more games than I have time to keep up with.

Because you have nintendo and sony products, I don't down on microsoft for fun, it's just not worth the asking price when you can get better elsewhere for the same price + I don't want it taking away the success from people who are doing their shit right (pc, ps4, and to a lesser degree the switch)

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

It's coming and it's called Scorpio.

Based on OP's description, this is the correct response. It will have the good controller, online, backwards compatibility, but will also be the most powerful. (just needs the games ffs).

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts

@CRUSHER88 said:

The solution for PS4 is a Cronus Max Plus. Use my Xbox Elite controller on my PS4 regularly. I wire it to the Cronus Max but it is possible to go wireless as well.

I saw that. Any input lag? $60 too...

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 tjandmia

@ronvalencia said:

XBO's 32 MB ESRAM chip area size could be exchanged with another set of 14 CU, which yields 28 CU class GPU.

384 bit GDDR5-5000 (240 GB/s GB/s physical BW) could be done without Kinect. PS4 used 256 bit GDDR5-5600 (176 GB/s physical BW).

I've seen some of your posts. It looks like you just copy and paste a bunch of shit all the time.

I guess we could just swap everything in it with better stuff and it would be more powerful...

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

No worries TC that Very Console you described is coming this November in it's Super Form the Scorpio......

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 tjandmia

@EG101 said:

No worries TC that Very Console you described is coming this November in it's Super Form the Scorpio......

OK, but it will still have a much worse lineup than Sony.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

I'm sure it's been mentioned at least a half dozen times now, but PC. That's the closest you're going to get.

You want an openness that no console will ever offer, you want the ability go as powerful as you want, but you also want that to happen with zero room for error, and you want it to grab every game that comes out?

Yeah, me too lol. That's just not going to happen.

A good PC will account for 90% of what you want, but you still need consoles for those exclusives.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

@tjandmia said:
@EG101 said:

OK, but it will still have a much worse lineup than Sony.

It will have great games not available on PS4. PS4 is good too so you don't have to be defensive.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tjandmia said:
@ronvalencia said:

I've seen some of your posts. It looks like you just copy and paste a bunch of shit all the time.

I guess we could just swap everything in it with better stuff and it would be more powerful...

I told you the reason for "but the system is too weak". Kinect is not free and it adds about $80 on OG XBO.

Your "with far fewer games than the ps4" is BS, XBO has BC to boost it's game library.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By tjandmia

@EG101: was anything announced yet?

I have a launch model Xbox one and I probably won't go Scorpio, but it would be cool to see some exclusives.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

I have an XB1, PS4, Wii U, and Switch, and I regret nothing.

People need to stop whining so much, seriously, between all those systems, there's more games than I have time to keep up with.

This. The joy of having a job.

Avatar image for 666BumbleBee666
666BumbleBee666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 666BumbleBee666
Member since 2012 • 140 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@666BumbleBee666 said:

Why play games on the same device you use for work? Makes no sense.

Why go through the trouble of making a troll account only to out yourself with ancient bait? Makes no sense.

What on earth are you talking about. If anyone is the troll here wouldn't it be the topic creator?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@xdude85 said:

Just buy all the systems.

Problem solved.

my man!

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#66 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts
@tjandmia said:
@CRUSHER88 said:

The solution for PS4 is a Cronus Max Plus. Use my Xbox Elite controller on my PS4 regularly. I wire it to the Cronus Max but it is possible to go wireless as well.

I saw that. Any input lag? $60 too...

I haven't noticed any input lag. HOWEVER, I want to stress that I have not used it for online multiplayer (that's what my X1 is for). I'd have to use it for a online MP game before I could recommend it on that level. Based on my limited usage, I'd assume it wouldn't be an issue for most games, but it might be an issue for really twitchy FPS games (COD, etc).

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

@666BumbleBee666 said:
@ConanTheStoner said:
@666BumbleBee666 said:

Why play games on the same device you use for work? Makes no sense.

Why go through the trouble of making a troll account only to out yourself with ancient bait? Makes no sense.

What on earth are you talking about. If anyone is the troll here wouldn't it be the topic creator?

Of course. I'm guessing TC is around 14-17 years old. 17 years old might be pushing it a little bit. Might even be socially inept.

Sicario6901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Sicario6901
Member since 2017 • 10 Posts

Gameboy has the best HUD next is PS , other than that PC has the fairly good controls

iOS/Android have the worst when it comes to gaming.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#69 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@sicario6901 said:

Gameboy has the best HUD next is PS , other than that PC has the fairly good controls

iOS/Android have the worst when it comes to gaming.

Perfect example of why we have multiple different gaming systems, everyone has a subjective opinion.

By the way PC has every type of control available, including obscurities like Nintendo's motion controls.