Why Are We Arguing About Ground Zeroes' Graphics?

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#51 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58960 Posts

@MikeMoose said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Ultimately... Crysis looks better.

Crysis is trash

But better stealth game. For winners.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@MikeMoose said:

@MrYaotubo said:

@MikeMoose said:

Well you didn't say "Crysis has Ground Zeroes beat except for the Xbox version which only has 7 reviews", you just simply said it had a higher metascore which at this moment is false. Also, find a post where I say MGS Ground Zeroes is incredible. As a huge Metal Gear fan I can admit that the idea behind Ground Zeroes is kind of lame, and I think the 75 metascore it has is pretty acurate considering the game is basically a tech demo. Crysis 3, however, has the metascore it has simply because it is a sub par game at best, yet PC gamers praise it continuously as if it is some sort of masterpiece. It is simply a mediocre shooter.

I was merely going by the obvious logic of using the versions that have the most reviews in and it paints the most accurate score breakdown,I didn´t think I had to explain such obvious concept.

Also,I don´t know why you´re bringing PC gamers to this and even then you´re completely wrong,Crysis 2 and even moreso Crysis 3 were panned by most PC gamers across the board with only the graphics being mentioned as a positive and certainly better than any game out there(to this day),but as the game itself I challenge you to show me where did you see that praise from "PC gamers" about Crysis 3 calling it a masterpiece(especially here on GS where most PC gamers hated it),only the first Crysis was continuously praised by PC gamers(and gamers in general) simply because it´s not only a fantastic game but one of the best in the genre in years,and one that has AAA scores and awards across the board,either here on GS(9.5 FPS GOTY vs Bioshock,CoD4 or Halo 3) as in metacritic.

But in the end the point made by uninspiredcup stands,Crysis(or Crysis 3 at least) certainly looks better than this,and that´s all it was said,nothing about the quality of the game until you came and called it trash. And even then,Crysis 3 even though it´s the worst in the serie it´s still a very decent shooter,anything but trash.

Oh so PC gamers DON'T like Crysis 3? Could have fooled me, its the only game they ever talk about. And yeah, this thread had nothing to do with Crysis. Nobody in this thread said ANYTHING about Crysis until Mr. Elitist had to bring it up, so I just figured that I'd let him know that while Crysis 3 is indeed a very pretty game, it is a mediocre shooter at best. If PC gamers need to constantly use a mediocre first person shooter as an example to justify spending thousands of dollars on a rig that can actually run it at maxed out settings, I feel sorry for them. Just throwing in my two cents on Crysis as he felt the need to throw in his.

You do realize that PC gamers bring up crysis 3 in relation to graphics, not necessarily because it's a great game, right?

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Hmm ok, what i have seen on that demo(?) gameplay video that has been everywhere the game look pretty damn awesome to me.

The pictures of Ps3/360-version also look pretty dmn impressive if you ask me...

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

OP, you may want to check your TVs settings. Then, you should go see an optometrist.

Nah, I'm just not that impressed. Other new releases blow this out of the water, and Metal Gear has always been known for delivering ground-breaking graphics.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

It had a nice rainy shiny effect on stuff. That's it really.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

I'm playing this on ps4, and this game looks effing awful. I find it kind of silly people are claiming their console has a superior version when the game looks this unimpressive. Don't get me wrong, it's Metal Gear, so it's a blast, but for the team that's known for pushing hardware to the max, this is seriously underwhelming visually. Almost everything is blurry and very last-gen.

It doesn't matter what system you're playing on, we're all kind of losing here.

did you forget that the game's Fox engine was originally created for last gen system and that the game was originally a PS3-360 develop game?

The game was just upscaled and polished a bit for next gen (PS4 only really, cuz the X1 version looks the same as the 360 version).

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Nengo_Flow

@FoxbatAlpha said:

The blood splatter and kill animations looked weak. Come on Kojima.

You never played a MGS game confirmed.

Kojima has never been big on high violence and graphic actions. His graphic scenes and such are always mild at best.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Kojima has never been big on high violence and graphic actions. His graphic scenes and such are always mild at best.

clearly YOU never played Ground Zeroes. My god was that ending dark. Especially when you piece together what happened prior to Snake arriving at the camp.

Kojima going all in on MGSV.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Nengo_Flow

@handssss said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

clearly YOU never played Ground Zeroes. My god was that ending dark. Especially when you piece together what happened prior to Snake arriving at the camp.

Yes he is. He's mention it before that he was going to do alot more this time around.

And every since the trailers first came out you could see that gonna push for more action, blood, violence, etc.

Im just saying he really hasnt been that type before. So when he cranks it up, its not overall that violent.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

@handssss said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Yes he is. He's mention it before that he was going to do alot more this time around.

And every since the trailers first came out you could see that gonna push for more action, blood, violence, etc.

Im just saying he really hasnt been that type before. So when he cranks it up, its not overall that violent.

It's new to him, but Ihat ending was seriously more hard for me to watch than anything else in a videogame I've played. Yeah, I know. I'm a wimp.

And then I just got depressed as hell hearing some of those tapes and learning more on the characters.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Nengo_Flow

@handssss said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@handssss said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

It's new to him, but Ihat ending was seriously more hard for me to watch than anything else in a videogame I've played. Yeah, I know. I'm a wimp.

And then I just got depressed as hell hearing some of those tapes and learning more on the characters.

welp.... im glad he's stepping it up instead of the usual corny japanese style melodramas.

I dont have the game yet. Still waiting to buy a PS4.

BiggChonies882

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By BiggChonies882
Member since 2012 • 126 Posts

It was a PS3 game they upgrade for PS4. Looks amazing though.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@Nengo_Flow: Nengo I never said I wanted gore. I just thought some of the animations could have been better. It's like they didn't use motion capture.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Dude what? You sound like you never played an MGS game before. Both MGS2 and MGS3 were very graphic with its violence, especially for the time.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Nengo_Flow

@JangoWuzHere said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Dude what? You sound like you never played an MGS game before. Both MGS2 and MGS3 were very graphic with its violence, especially for the time.

eh.... not really, sure they might of had a scene or two, but the gameplay is not violent, very mild style of action

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 JangoWuzHere

@Nengo_Flow said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

eh.... not really, sure they might of had a scene or two, but the gameplay is not violent, very mild style of action

I disagree, I would say MGS2 is one of the most over the top in terms of bloody violence on the PS2. MGS3 had pretty realistic looking blood for its time, and had more violent deaths and kill animations. Some of the cutscenes in these games had mass murder, torture, and general sadism.

Look at this scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp6M0jloPcU#t=2m26s

If Kojima wasn't big on graphic violence, he wouldn't show every single person getting shot with huge blood splatter and blood dripping sound effects.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#67  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Yeah, it looks like shit. But then again, it's just a dressed up ps3 game.

Snake has alpha to coverage for his hair for cryin' out loud.. (his hair looks like a bunch of dots instead of full strands)

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Nengo_Flow
@JangoWuzHere said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I disagree, I would say MGS2 is one of the most over the top in terms of bloody violence on the PS2. MGS3 had pretty realistic looking blood for its time, and had more violent deaths and kill animations. Some of the cutscenes in these games had mass murder, torture, and general sadism.

If Kojima wasn't big on graphic violence, he wouldn't show every single person getting shot with huge blood splatter and blood dripping sound effects.

meh.... I only played MGS2-3 once back in the PS2 days so i dont remember much at all (I wasnt a fan when i had played them, and i didnt really understand them). I didnt start liking or start being a fan till I play MGS4 and Peace Walker. I dont really see or think of the MGS series as a violent franchise. I know it has some stuff, but all of it is pretty mild. But it does look like he is stepping it up a bit in GZ/PP. But again, usually its mainly in cut scenes, not in the actual gameplay, like in Tomb Raider, TLoU, Gears of War, Resistance 2, etc. those are pretty violent games in gameplay.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

I think they game looks awesome, character models look great, textures are very good, animations are awesome, lighting is also outstanding. The one thing that looks very last gen are the explosions and particle effects but outside of that it looks great.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

It looks good at night in the rain.

That actually seems to be a common theme with games lately.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

This is going to happen while they continue to make games on last gen consoles and current gen

Tell that to BF4. BF4 is on the next gen, and current gen, and while it plays basically the same, the PC, PS4, or the X1 ports looks, nor handles ANYTHING like the PS3/360 ports. It's all up to the developer.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 JangoWuzHere

@Nengo_Flow said:
@JangoWuzHere said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

meh.... I only played MGS2-3 once back in the PS2 days so i dont remember much at all (I wasnt a fan when i had played them, and i didnt really understand them). I didnt start liking or start being a fan till I play MGS4 and Peace Walker. I dont really see or think of the MGS series as a violent franchise. I know it has some stuff, but all of it is pretty mild. But it does look like he is stepping it up a bit in GZ/PP. But again, usually its mainly in cut scenes, not in the actual gameplay, like in Tomb Raider, TLoU, Gears of War, Resistance 2, etc. those are pretty violent games in gameplay.

I don't understand why it matters if the violence takes place in a cutscene or in gameplay. Kojima still creates graphic moments in both cases. It's not like you skip the cutscenes and ignore the stuff that happens in the story when you play a Metal Gear game. I've played Ground Zeroes, and it is about as violent as any bloody action game during gameplay. The cutscenes and gameplay are seamless in GZ and PP, So in some cases you will be playing these scenes.

I don't consider the violence in MGS games mild, I consider the violence in games like Mass Effect and Uncharted mild. The only MGS game I consider mild in terms of violence is Peace Walker, but that's because peace was the theme in the game and a gameplay element.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#73 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

You're right, we should be arguing over the fact that Kojima seems insistent on shoving more of his pretentious, preachy, yet overly convoluted and ridiculous storytelling in the mold of great game design.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#74 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

This isnt the greatness we are waiting for.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@ermacness said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

This is going to happen while they continue to make games on last gen consoles and current gen

Tell that to BF4. BF4 is on the next gen, and current gen, and while it plays basically the same, the PC, PS4, or the X1 ports looks, nor handles ANYTHING like the PS3/360 ports. It's all up to the developer.

I could tell that to BF4, I just don't think it will listen.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Nengo_Flow

@draign said:

This isnt the greatness we are waiting for.

But Phantom Pain is.

My body is ready.

I-AM-N00B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77 I-AM-N00B
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts

Should be arguing about the price, not the graphics! £30 for a 2 hour game is robbery!