Why are the hackers not attacking XBL?

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Heil68 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Heil68 said:

@fyron256 said:

@vaderhater: Solidty is a stealth cow troll so he's going to "read" it the way he wants to. Oh and Solid don't even think that MS is getting hit as hard as the kindergarten programmed PSN. Nice try though.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

zoinks

You realize it tells you only diablo 3 is having issues?

Good, I'm playing that on PSN+ with no issues, even last night, :D

Lol and so are plenty of people on XBL. but some people are affected due to blizzard having an issue.

Listen I know your a hardcore sony lover, and there is nothing wrong with that, but they got hacked, again. Just grow up and accept that its the truth. its not even a big deal, it was only down like 8-12 hours.

I have an Xbone too. I dont want to see any service be attacked. In my opinion a DDOS attack is not a hack, but anyways, my credit card it STILL on there, even from the major breech before. Not a dime missing. :D

good for you, still you clearly favor sony and are biased. just owning a system doesn't make one immediately unbiased. Have you read your own posts dude? lol.

Anyway, I haven't had a cent stolen from my target card, but it doesn't mean they weren't hacked. because they were hacked. one isolated case =/= the whole situation. I never want to see any service attacked either, but still they did get it. and also according to them, they did hack into PSN and didn't just DDoS it. Anon posted proof he hacked into PSN as well so yeah they were hacked

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@Heil68 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Heil68 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Heil68 said:

@fyron256 said:

@vaderhater: Solidty is a stealth cow troll so he's going to "read" it the way he wants to. Oh and Solid don't even think that MS is getting hit as hard as the kindergarten programmed PSN. Nice try though.

zoinks

Lol and so are plenty of people on XBL. but some people are affected due to blizzard having an issue.

Listen I know your a hardcore sony lover, and there is nothing wrong with that, but they got hacked, again. Just grow up and accept that its the truth. its not even a big deal, it was only down like 8-12 hours.

I have an Xbone too. I dont want to see any service be attacked. In my opinion a DDOS attack is not a hack, but anyways, my credit card it STILL on there, even from the major breech before. Not a dime missing. :D

good for you, still you clearly favor sony and are biased. just owning a system doesn't make one immediately unbiased. Have you read your own posts dude? lol.

Anyway, I haven't had a cent stolen from my target card, but it doesn't mean they weren't hacked. because they were hacked. one isolated case =/= the whole situation. I never want to see any service attacked either, but still they did get it. and also according to them, they did hack into PSN and didn't just DDoS it. Anon posted proof he hacked into PSN as well so yeah they were hacked

hacked how? >,<> schemes? I seem to never loose my information on any service. I guess I'm lucky. :D

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 darkangel115

@Heil68 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Heil68 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Heil68 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Heil68 said:

@fyron256 said:

zoinks

hacked how? >,<> schemes? I seem to never loose my information on any service. I guess I'm lucky. :D

well when you have 70+ million accounts hacked, I'm sure a few of them won't see any damages ;)

Still doesn't change the fact it happened, even if you dodged a bullet this time, you might not be as lucky next time.

Also I'm sure you've had a forced password reset. I did on my PS4, its because it was hacked. therefore you were effected, even if it was just a minor inconvenience

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10613 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@Heil68 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Heil68 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Heil68 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Heil68 said:

@fyron256 said:

zoinks

well when you have 70+ million accounts hacked, I'm sure a few of them won't see any damages ;)

Still doesn't change the fact it happened, even if you dodged a bullet this time, you might not be as lucky next time.

Also I'm sure you've had a forced password reset. I did on my PS4, its because it was hacked. therefore you were effected, even if it was just a minor inconvenience

Ii didn't. I was able to log on with my old password, and wasn't forced to change it. So PSN was hacked yesterday? Funny because I thought that it was only a DDoS attack. You have any proof stating that the PSN got hacked yesterday, or is it just stating that it was a DDoS attack? Heli may very well be biased towards the PS4, but don't play the " I'm neutral" card on him because I know (just as well as others) that you're pro MS. Now you might not be a rabbid fanboy of MS like some are here, but from time to time you do post with a little "pro MS/anti Sony" theme in your posts.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@Heil68 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Heil68 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Heil68 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Heil68 said:

@fyron256 said:

zoinks

Well thank our lucky stars that SONY, the current gen 8 console leader with the most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the history of video games is on the case. :D

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 darkangel115

@ermacness said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Heil68 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Heil68 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Heil68 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Heil68 said:

@fyron256 said:

zoinks

Ii didn't. I was able to log on with my old password, and wasn't forced to change it. So PSN was hacked yesterday? Funny because I thought that it was only a DDoS attack. You have any proof stating that the PSN got hacked yesterday, or is it just stating that it was a DDoS attack? Heli may very well be biased towards the PS4, but don't play the " I'm neutral" card on him because I know (just as well as others) that you're pro MS. Now you might not be a rabbid fanboy of MS like some are here, but from time to time you do post with a little "pro MS/anti Sony" theme in your posts.

I wouldn't say I'm "pro" microsoft. I mean I do currently prefer the X1 to the PS4, but the thing is i'm open to changing that at any time based on whats available to play. There will be times i prefer my PS4 over my X1 as well. just depends on whats out to play. The thing is, I've never once denied that. I don't try to hide behind the fact I own everything and then make 100 posts a day saying all hail glorious company A who teaches us to live learn and love unlike company B. Its posts like that, that heli makes, that shows he can't have a normal discussion because he has such a strong attachment to a company. I don't have an attachment to any company or product. I like what suits me better. Thats all. and I never deny it either.

Also anon posted proof he hacked into PSN (not just DDoS) and Lizard squad claimed (via twitter) that they hacked into PSN as well (and not just DDoS) but of course that could be a lie. Anon however posted proof they got access to PSN servers so yes it was hacked, but he had no intention of taking anything, but if he wanted to he could, so yes they were hacked.

Someone is still trying to DDoS XBL and have been at it all day but XBL isn't budging. You can watch it on the link below

http://map.ipviking.com

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

They are hitting Both MS and SONY, SONY's getting hit harder but thats just because they have less Extra servers to offload too, MS has Azure which has been Voted the Best Cloud Service on the planet and nearly Half of the richest companies use.

And they are not getting Hacked it's a DDOS attack, every company on the planet is vulnerable to them, The companys that fare better are the ones with the most offload capacity, SONY where obviously going to get hit harder but it really isn't there fault this time, not in my view anyway.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 delta3074

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Is it because XBL is unhackable?

Harder to hack =/= Unhackable dude

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

These people are hackers. Hackers exploits weaknesses in a system. The PSN seem to be weaker and is likely to get more attacks, get more damages and slower to get resolved. In my opinion this DDOS attack is a form of hacking because most likely hackers are the ones doing it. Plus what do you call people who do DDOS attacks anyway.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

Well because PSN is complete and utter trash and apparently Sony has no idea on how to protect their servers against internet threats. Yep, "For gamers, by gamers"!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

they took down parts of XBL lmao at delusional fanboys who think XBL is immune, it got hit hard too

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

They did attack Xbox Live too. PSN was working fine all day yesterday on PS3 and Vita, only on PS4 it was experiencing some issues due to the DDoS attack and Sony decided to do maintenance yesterday instead of today because of it. People think that it was the DDoS attack that took PSN down on PS4 (ONLY), but the truth is that the DDoS attack didn't take PSN or Xbox Live down.

I was able to sign in on my PS4 and play online during the DDoS attack, but some games like BF4 weren't playable online because EA's servers were down. When Sony started maintenance I couldn't sign back in obviously.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

jesus, you are on a tech site, can you please quit calling ddos attacks and social engineering hacks.

get it together already people.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@gago-gago said:

These people are hackers. Hackers exploits weaknesses in a system. The PSN seem to be weaker and is likely to get more attacks, get more damages and slower to get resolved. In my opinion this DDOS attack is a form of hacking because most likely hackers are the ones doing it. Plus what do you call people who do DDOS attacks anyway.

Dude, I can do what they did to the forums right now and screw things up and I'm not a hacker. I won't do it though, because I'm not a jerk.

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By GamersJustGame
Member since 2014 • 323 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus:

Azure is the biggest server if the world. It can't be DDoS or hacked. It's literally impossible to bring down.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

LizardSquad did attack XBL, without any success really. If you follow them on twitter they congratulated Microsoft and gave Sony a SMH.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

@Strutten said:

@animeishomo: That is due to diablo 3 still lol.. and no xbl dl speed are quite faste yes.. getting full speed out of my 60/60

No, it's widespread. Remember, even with 300,000 servers, SONY's PSN network is still superior to Microsoft's. Microsoft has inefficient engineers. $3 billion R&D on Xbone APU and it's a disaster compared to the PS4 APU which cost $5 million in R&D.

Also for the bolded part : are you effing drunk lol xbl>>>>>>>>psn by a long shot. and are you really still trying to reach with the R&D numbers ?.. guess some will keep on tryin'.

Also you sure sound alot like brofists..

"Remember, even with 300,000 servers, SONY's PSN network is still superior to Microsoft's." That statement alone is so idiotic it's sig worthy. lol

That guy is a total idiot!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

Oh please nothing happen,sony put a 1 million policy to every single account and not 1 was collected,yet money on xbox live had been stolen since 2007,one attack was even blame on Bungie net and MS deny it,more people loss money on xbox live than on PSN which is a joke,since supposedly it was PSN the one hack.

The PS4 wasn't hack you brain dead lemming it suffer a DDOS attack which is quite different,no information was stolen and PSN was back up and running before the days end..lol

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 delta3074

@tormentos said:

@darkangel115 said:

Oh please nothing happen,sony put a 1 million policy to every single account and not 1 was collected,yet money on xbox live had been stolen since 2007,one attack was even blame on Bungie net and MS deny it,more people loss money on xbox live than on PSN which is a joke,since supposedly it was PSN the one hack.

The PS4 wasn't hack you brain dead lemming it suffer a DDOS attack which is quite different,no information was stolen and PSN was back up and running before the days end..lol

how many times does it have to be said tormentos, it doesn't matter whether or not they used the Data it STILL got stolen and a lot more data than MS ever got stolen.

The only reason no ones account was compromised was because it was ANON that hacked them if it had been anyone else the Story would have been quite different, SONY got lucky in that regard.

You are such a SONY drone tormentos, only you would be stupid enough to Let SONY completely off the hook for the loss of 77 million PSN user details because of Poor security, outdated Security software and outdated Apache servers.

If this happened to your bank would you let them off the hook?

Don't try and lamp MS in the same boat as SONY, it's obvious now that XBL is more secure than PSN.

Stop damage controlling the PSN hack, It happened, it was one of the BIGGEST Data hauls in history and was all down to Inept online security.

it WAS SONY's Fault for not having adequate security.

No Online is invunerable including XBL but it's obvious which one has the BETTER security in place

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 darkangel115

@tormentos said:

@darkangel115 said:

lol, famedgod posted proof he hacked PSN to prove it was him and not lizard squad. They were hacked not just DDoS. Also they tried taking down XBL yesterday with constant DDoS attacks but couldn't get it down. I watched them try for like 5 hours straight.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By darkangel115

@FastRobby said:

@darkangel115 said:

@tormentos said:

@darkangel115 said:

lol, famedgod posted proof he hacked PSN to prove it was him and not lizard squad. They were hacked not just DDoS. Also they tried taking down XBL yesterday with constant DDoS attacks but couldn't get it down. I watched them try for like 5 hours straight.

It's normal Microsoft is so much better in this, first of all it's a software company, second, their strategy is mobile/cloud first. As if Sony could come close to the Redmond Giant

well PSN has been down all this morning too :(

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@FastRobby said:

It's normal Microsoft is so much better in this, first of all it's a software company, second, their strategy is mobile/cloud first. As if Sony could come close to the Redmond Giant

Eh they've been hacked as well.....

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

lmao they did

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@elpresador-911 said:

lmao they did

I believe that was Blizzard getting spammed..

Anonymous Quote about PSN- "Sony using Microsoft Security Essentials would have been a better security."

Lizard Quote about PSN- "Sony lol. No challenge. smh"

Seems like there may be a pattern developing here?

Please insert CC info here ____________.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@b4x said:

@elpresador-911 said:

lmao they did

Anonymous Quote about PSN- "Sony using Microsoft Security Essentials would have been a better security."

Even though Xbox Live games and core services became limited?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@FastRobby said:

XBL hasn't been hacked, the DDOS attack barely did anything... Get your sources right.

Uh MS products have been hacked several times....Get your sources right.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 B4X

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@elpresador-911 said:

lmao they did

Diablo 3.

You did read the service alert?

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By B4X

@LJS9502_basic said:

@FastRobby said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@FastRobby said:

XBL hasn't been hacked, the DDOS attack barely did anything... Get your sources right.

Uh MS products have been hacked several times....Get your sources right.

Has XBL been breached?

Please don't post the Malware account USER errors. We can't put that on a company for user mistakes?

There are zero day exploits in all software. That's why they have contests for guys to find them.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 darkangel115

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@elpresador-911 said:

lmao they did

it was limited because D3 wasn't working due to battle.net being out. nothing to do with XBL itself. The post limited even when 3rd parties apps/games are having issues. Just like when B4 servers were having issues they post it as limited so people know there is an issue being worked on. Its good communication. XBL had no issues and titanfall/forza etc never went down. only diablo 3 did

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 B4X

@darkangel115 said:

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@elpresador-911 said:

lmao they did

it was limited because D3 wasn't working due to battle.net being out. nothing to do with XBL itself. The post limited even when 3rd parties apps/games are having issues. Just like when B4 servers were having issues they post it as limited so people know there is an issue being worked on. Its good communication. XBL had no issues and titanfall/forza etc never went down. only diablo 3 did

He's just trying to bait me into an argument. One game = Games!!

Maybe if Blizzard was hosting their game on Azure severs? Maybe?

Titanfall has been down for sever issues though. PBS is always limited. :\

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

Sony's security seems like it's constantly breached. Microsoft's CLOUD POWAH cannot be breached. Never has. Never will. Some systems are unbreachable.

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Mr-Powers
Member since 2013 • 508 Posts

How OP feels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUv5Q9we_l4

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts
@softwaregeek said:

Sony's security seems like it's constantly breached. Microsoft's CLOUD POWAH cannot be breached. Never has. Never will. Some systems are unbreachable.

Agreeed,.