Who would've thought Sony is now slowly supporting PC? Didn't see this coming!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

As it stands, Sony hardly never see's PC as their true competitor, PC does it's own thing. It appears that Quantic Dream ask Sony can they release their games on PC and Sony supported that idea. Taking from Dark Side of Gaming this is what Quantic Dreams had to say:

“We always had a great relationship with Sony PlayStation. They have always been very supportive of my work and we have always been very loyal to them in return. So we had a very open talk about all this, and they allowed us to release our catalog of titles on PC.”

And the fact Death Stranding is coming to PC at a later date, Sony is slowly porting their games on PC and this is a smart move business, PC was never a threat to Sony's consoles, only MS is their true competitor in this console race. That said, it's nice seeing Sony gave QD permission, just as long as Sony themselves also benefits getting something out of PC support. Now bring on Horizon: Zero Dawn to PC and you'll have my eternal thanks!!!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

But but the fanboys would die on the inside if they lose their exclusive games. Everyone knows games play better when other people can play it. :P

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

With every Halo game now coming to PC I think it'd be nice to have Killzone on PC.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Sure they did.

Has nothing to do with ditching QD over the sexual harasments happening in the studio prior to Detroit.

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts

Quantic Dream is happy with PC sales and Chinese publisher. Good bye Sony.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#6  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, Quantic Dream games, Death Stranding... keep them coming. :)

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

People really seem to forget Sony Online Entertainment (now known as Daybreak games) whom mostly made PC exclusives

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NoodleFighter
@BassMan said:

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, Quantic Dream games, Death Stranding... keep them coming. :)

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture was originally a PC game but The Chinese Room made an exclusivity deal with Sony for funding.

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts

@NoodleFighter: https://gematsu.com/2019/08/monkey-king-hero-is-back-coming-west-for-ps4-pc-on-october-17

Apparently Monkey King: Hero is not PS4 exclusive lol.

@BassMan said:

I noticed Dreams, Medievil, Concrete Genie are not listed as PS4 exclusives lol.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@NoodleFighter: this.

Also, Sony has published many PC games this gen. They also directly funded a game going to PC, SFV. How is this a surprise to anyone?

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

Sony has always been cool with PC.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NoodleFighter

@vaeh: Wow I thought that game was completely PS4 exclusive. Seems like a bad idea since PS4 is directly competing with PC in China. Then again the massive amount of sales they'll get from the PC version it is a win anyway and Western sales will likely be lead by PS4.

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@NoodleFighter: this.

Also, Sony has published many PC games this gen. They also directly funded a game going to PC, SFV. How is this a surprise to anyone?

I'm guessing because these games aren't ultra popular cream of the crop like Uncharted, TLOU, God Of War, Spiderman and Horizon Zero Dawn people don't really look much into them.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#13 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

The biggest source of profit for a console manufacturer has always been the software. The purpose of the hardware is to establish a large install base to sell your software to. Now that the PS4 already has a large enough install base, it's not necessary to keep the software exclusive when they could be making more money with PC ports.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@BassMan said:

Every time whenever I hear that name, I'm always thinking it's Bioshock spin-off game cause Bioshock's underwater city's name is Rapture lol. (I do need to play Everybody's Gone to the Rapture at some point cause it's in my Steam library)

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Sony has been dabbling with PC publishing for several years now (first starting with the likes of Helldivers, The Unfinished Swan, among others), but I feel it’s more for data to try and convince Sony of Japan that the future is software-centric and not relegated to PS-branded hardware.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

Except QD went third party and they dont own them. They also have no interest in using those IP's. It's not Sony supporting PC it's just them not being Dicks. Sony will never support PC and they never should.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@vaeh: Medievil and concrete genie will probably stay exclusive. Sony doesn't own Monkey: King Hero.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@davillain- said:

As it stands, Sony hardly never see's PC as their true competitor, PC does it's own thing. It appears that Quantic Dream ask Sony can they release their games on PC and Sony supported that idea. Taking from Dark Side of Gaming this is what Quantic Dreams had to say:

“We always had a great relationship with Sony PlayStation. They have always been very supportive of my work and we have always been very loyal to them in return. So we had a very open talk about all this, and they allowed us to release our catalog of titles on PC.”

And the fact Death Stranding is coming to PC at a later date, Sony is slowly porting their games on PC and this is a smart move business, PC was never a threat to Sony's consoles, only MS is their true competitor in this console race. That said, it's nice seeing Sony gave QD permission, just as long as Sony themselves also benefits getting something out of PC support. Now bring on Horizon: Zero Dawn to PC and you'll have my eternal thanks!!!

Yes, I would love to play HZD on PC with mouse and keyboard controls. I don't think I can truly enjoy shooting on a gameplay because aiming will always suck on it. I mean sure you can get use to it and get better with a gamepad but it will always feel janky.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#19  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

@davillain-: It's a pretty good game. One of the better walking simulators out there. Beautiful environments to explore and interesting learning about the people that inhabited the world. Writing and voice acting is very well done.