Who would hate to see a 360 price cut more, Sony or Nintendo?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HeHateMe_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HeHateMe_basic
Member since 2002 • 7161 Posts
I'd say Sony, but i think Nintendo would be a little worried if 360 was $250 and had halo 3, bioshock,blue dragon and gta 4 coming out.
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
I'd say Sony, their in worse financial shakes right now and they share way more multiplats with the 360 than the Wii does.
t2wave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 t2wave
Member since 2005 • 3258 Posts
Sony for sure, It would only widen the gap. Nintendo would be a little worried but for the most part being different is what sells the Wii.
asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 asdasd
Member since 2005 • 4464 Posts
Id also go with Sony. Nintendo are appereantly making a profit off the Wii, so if the 360 drops price, the Wii can drop price too. Sony doesnt have that luxury.
JeffGenocideX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 JeffGenocideX
Member since 2004 • 4853 Posts
Sony of course.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
Sony, the PS3 looks so nice but not at $600 it does not
Nex_Ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nex_Ownage
Member since 2004 • 4753 Posts

Sony of course, their direct competition will look even more appealing to the mass market than it is now and they'll be pressured in to cuttting the price earlier than they anticipated, which even then,  won't stop the X360 from outselling the PS3.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
Sony. Nintendo isn't even operating in the same space as the other 2. Microsoft is Sony's direct competitor in the high-end console market. The Wii will still sell no matter what.And as someone said earlier, Nintendo has the luxury to drop their Wii price while Sony does not. They are stuck at that 600 dollar price point for awhile.
ParkCarsHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 ParkCarsHere
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts

I actually think Nintendo would, even though I'd love to see the PS3 be cut enough so I could afford one. Anyways, my reasoning is this: Nintendo has the cheapest console this generation because they decided to go with gameplay over hardware. If the 360 goes down far enough, what does Nintendo have? The 360 has a ton better games out right now and (arguably) the best online service for a console ever made. Nintendo has a motion sensing controller with mini game compilations.... and of course, the promise of great games "in the future," whenever that is.

If the 360 cuts its price, Nintendo loses more than Sony. However, Sony is too deep in a hole and they shouldn't even worry about the 360 and Wii... Sony is way too far behind now.

omgimba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 omgimba
Member since 2007 • 2645 Posts

Well Nintendo would probably not hav a big problem with that, if they think the 360 is to close in price to the Wii they could simply drop the price of the wii..

But Sony wouldn't be able to cut their price, so a price drop  by MS would mean an even greater price difference between the consoles. Putting PS3 one step closer to the grave.

Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Grodus5
Member since 2006 • 7934 Posts
Wouldn't it be awesome if the Wii just all the sudden dropped to 100 bucks?  It would win the war FOR SURE.  This goes into the fact that Nintendo wouldn't be threatened by a 360 price drop, because Nintendo probably could drop it to 100 and not lose TOO much money.  (It would probably drop to 200 or 150 first though)
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
I don't think it would have that big of an influence on the Wii sales at all. A significant number of Wii buyers simply aren't interested in a 360 no matter what the price. It's not like the 360 PS3 situation where most see the systems as largely interchangable.
OPbarfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 OPbarfer
Member since 2006 • 202 Posts
I'd have to say Sony.  After all, Nintendo have been profiting off of every Wii sold, they could easily give up some of that profit to keep the Wii competitively priced.  Sony can't.  They're already losing money, and if that price gap widens, don't expect the PS3 sales to pick up like they'd hoped.
Avatar image for duble_Needler23
duble_Needler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 duble_Needler23
Member since 2004 • 5200 Posts

ya know, i cant help but imagine...and before i start let me say, im a huge fan of all three consoles, swear to god i am.  So i cant help but imagine a console...maybe a mix of all consoles.  A console with lots of power like PS3 (yet cost efficient....somehow with a 250 dollar pricetag), a motion sensing controller like the Wii's (not PS3's). Really...i love my wii to death, and i love my PS3 as well, but i hope one of two things happens next gen:

-Either Sony straight up copies nintendo, and has the "wand", along with a huge amount of power in the console.

-Or Nintendo decides to do what they HAD been doing with hardware, making it very strong, but also keeping (and even

improving) they're current wii controller.  Either of these would be awesome.  Except nintendo would never follow suit, 

because too much power= too expensive console=not in the Big N's plans.  

t2wave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 t2wave
Member since 2005 • 3258 Posts

I actually think Nintendo would, even though I'd love to see the PS3 be cut enough so I could afford one. Anyways, my reasoning is this: Nintendo has the cheapest console this generation because they decided to go with gameplay over hardware. If the 360 goes down far enough, what does Nintendo have? The 360 has a ton better games out right now and (arguably) the best online service for a console ever made. Nintendo has a motion sensing controller with mini game compilations.... and of course, the promise of great games "in the future," whenever that is.

If the 360 cuts its price, Nintendo loses more than Sony. However, Sony is too deep in a hole and they shouldn't even worry about the 360 and Wii... Sony is way too far behind now.

ParkCarsHere
I see your point but I think it would only prove to hurt the PS3 further rather than the Wii. The 360 and PS3 are more largely interchangeable, meaning I could switch out one for the other and there wouldn't be that big of a difference. The two are in more direct competition because of that. Increasing the price gap will make some people wonder why they should get a PS3 when the 360 does practically the same thing for a lot less. The Wii on the other hand is not like the 360 and will likely get games that could not be done on the 360. There is a difference.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#16 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
Sony there console is selling so slowly.
Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
deffinately sony. Wii60 is getting even cheaper :D
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts

If the Premium 360 came all the way down to $250, Nintendo would be a little worried... but they would probably just slash Wii prices in response. I mean, even now they're making like $100 on each console sold. :|

Sony, on the other hand, should be worried about any sort of price cut for the 360.

Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Newnab
Member since 2006 • 3081 Posts
It'd really smack Sony in the face. As someone else stated, the Wii can have a price drop and STILL make a profit. Those things only cost like $50 tops to make, Nintendo could sell them for $100 and still make a killing if Microsoft starts knocking on their door with the 360's price.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

how about ms, since they had sam

e price for a year. and these two console just got in 6moths or more :|

HelloJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HelloJon
Member since 2006 • 432 Posts
Sony.
latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 latinrage69
Member since 2003 • 2649 Posts
i'd say sony and nintendo will hate it just the same. sony will be forced to drop the price early just to stay competitive (and lose even more money) and nintendo may lose their only advantage/selling point, the low price.
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts

Due to fanbase figures of last gen, probably Sony would be the most worried since they should really be winning easily but it isnt happening, not yet at least. However considering the 360 has had a slow in sales and the demand isnt very high, nor is it as popular as it was at launch, I dont think a price cut is going to really matter for most people, since gamers recognize name brand over the pricepoint any day, not to mention they recognize the flagship games of each console, the PS3 has MGS, FF, Rachet and Clank, Resident Evil, GTA, Devil May Cry and Silent Hill alone, the 360 doesnt have nearly as many recognized games even though a couple are multiplats like DMC and GTA, most people think Sony and think GTA, especially casuals. I think Microsoft could get away with selling the 360 for the current price until next year or whenever Sony decides to drop the price of the PS3. Nintendo has no worries though because they have a broader market to get gamers from then Sony and MS do since they are going after both hardcore, caual and non gamers this time around instead of just hardcore gamers like last gen.

Acenso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Acenso
Member since 2006 • 2355 Posts
MS should have just cut the Core out...Drop price to 300 and 400 for prem/elite.
TNT_Slug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TNT_Slug
Member since 2007 • 1735 Posts

Sony is the one that has the most to worry about right now.

creativeminded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 creativeminded
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts
Nintendo could care less cos their system sells very wekk and they can bring the price even lower any time they want so the 360 would never be the same price as nintendo
blizzvalve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 blizzvalve
Member since 2007 • 14052 Posts
Nintendo would be more worried because it will cost the same with hardcore games on it.
hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
Sony.  Easily.  Now if both otehr consoles are around $250, and Sony is way up there in the $600, things don't look too good for them
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts

Nintendo would be more worried because it will cost the same with casual games on it.blizzvalve

Fixed. The Wii has its own hardcore games, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Super Mario Galaxy and casual games like Manhunt 2 and No More Heroes among others.

haols

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 haols
Member since 2005 • 2348 Posts
Of course SONY, if people could get a high-tech HD powerhouse for much less then PS3, there would be no reason to go for the expensive option.
HeHateMe_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 HeHateMe_basic
Member since 2002 • 7161 Posts
i dont think Nintendo would be so quick to match a 360 price drop.  the wii is less than 8 months old, how would that look if nintendo droped the price that soon?  360 on the other hand has been out since 2005.   MS would get no bad press from a price drop at this point in time.  Nintendo though would be tagged as scared.
iamanoobkillme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 iamanoobkillme
Member since 2005 • 1166 Posts

I'd say Sony, but i think Nintendo would be a little worried if 360 was $250 and had halo 3, bioshock,blue dragon and gta 4 coming out.HeHateMe_basic

well first off u cant even play the core system out of the box so that wont matter to much. you have to buy a memory unit thats like 30$ or somthing then u  need to buy xbox live and a game you may also need wi fi witch is 100$. wii has built in memory built in wi fi and comes with a game . it also can do many things 360 cant do but i am not getting into it .

myster_samz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 myster_samz
Member since 2006 • 584 Posts

I don't think it would have that big of an influence on the Wii sales at all. A significant number of Wii buyers simply aren't interested in a 360 no matter what the price. It's not like the 360 PS3 situation where most see the systems as largely interchangable.cakeorrdeath

You took the words right out of my mouth.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
Sony. 360 with Halo 3, GTA 4, Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, Too Human, and casual friendly games Like Madden 08, Tiger, NCAA football, on 1 system. with the better online service. Yeah 360 could dominate the PS3 in holiday sales.
latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 latinrage69
Member since 2003 • 2649 Posts

[QUOTE="HeHateMe_basic"]I'd say Sony, but i think Nintendo would be a little worried if 360 was $250 and had halo 3, bioshock,blue dragon and gta 4 coming out.iamanoobkillme

well first off u cant even play the core system out of the box so that wont matter to much. you have to buy a memory unit thats like 30$ or somthing then u need to buy xbox live and a game you may also need wi fi witch is 100$. wii has built in memory built in wi fi and comes with a game . it also can do many things 360 cant do but i am not getting into it .

wrong on everything.

you can play the core out of the box. the memory card and hdd are for game saves and downloads. you don't need to buy xbox live gold, it's optional. did you know there's a version of xbox live thats free? :o it's called xbox live silver. it is every bit the same as xbox live gold excpet that you can't play online. that $50 annual fee is just to play online. you don't need the wifi add-on, it too is optional. an ethernet cable gets you online as well, is faster an more secure than any wifi solution. the games are purchased seperately, duh. all consoles are like that (excpet your precious pile of crap known as the wii.) it's been like that for generations. the 360 can do many things things the wii can't, like downloading and watching HD movies, TV shows, and music videos. hell the 360 can play standard dvd's and the wii can't. you, sir, have just failed.