Who won 2008: Lemmings, Cows, Sheep, or Hermits?

• 142 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts
I could of swore I said good day people don't listen.

Afro_Samurai1

I could care less about this debate, but this pic is sooo funny :lol:.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 TREAL_Since
[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"][QUOTE="leadernator"]

yes.

Blackbond

It won if you count consoles only. PS3 wins biggest comeback with 2 AAAE and 1 AAAAE. PC had 4 AAAE this year though.

As far as consoles go agreed. PS3 has the best year according to GS.

Yeah according to GS and SW "rules". According to gamers who knows it's your preference. Both are arguably better than the other (PS3/360).

The day I see a console have more AAAE than PC is the day I will be shocked and absolutely impressed.

jasonheyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 jasonheyman
Member since 2006 • 1683 Posts
And what does your reply have anything to do that compared to me you could be classified as what you call other gamers. A casual?

GOTY and other awards have never meant jack in what platform has had the best year as JGXCHAMP has said. The unwritten rules of SW have been in place for a while now.

Blackbond

Award nominees alone = popularity no getting around a fact

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#104 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
[QUOTE="jasonheyman"][QUOTE="Blackbond"]And what does your reply have anything to do that compared to me you could be classified as what you call other gamers. A casual?

GOTY and other awards have never meant jack in what platform has had the best year as JGXCHAMP has said. The unwritten rules of SW have been in place for a while now.

no it doesn't :| That would mean that the most popular movie ever year wins the oscar...oh wait a minute SPiderman 3 didn't win an oscar last year ...cause it SUCKED Awards are Awards...they judge the quality of the game......something "critics" use to praise and reward a media source be it a TV show, Movie, or videogame In no freakin way is are Award Nominees the equivalent of Popularity
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]And what does your reply have anything to do that compared to me you could be classified as what you call other gamers. A casual?

jasonheyman

And as I've said multiple times if you're argument is popularity then you need look no further then the Wii controlling about half the current gen market with Mario Kart Wii slaughtering everything in its wake sales wise.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 TREAL_Since
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]And what does your reply have anything to do that compared to me you could be classified as what you call other gamers. A casual?

jasonheyman

IGN, GS, and GT are pretty credible. The MOST credible award ceremony IMO is: 1.) The Interactive Achievement Awards held by Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences (AKA D.I.C.E. Summit).
Adversary16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Adversary16
Member since 2007 • 1705 Posts

In my opinion the Lemmings won, because of its wide variety of exclusives aimed at a more mature audience(sorry Nintendo.) It had game exclusives like Mass Effect, Gears of War, GTA, Banjo Kazooie, and Halo to really give everyone a wonderful experience when buying a system. This system has way more exclusives than systems like the PS3, which has, basically MGS4 as its heart. Also, it took so long for the PS3 to get any exclusives it left cows looking at their watches. Also, the PC... I can't even start, all the PC does is just take games from other systems and make them their own. Real original. The Wii is great for a younger audience, but cannot hold up to what some mature gamers want.

awmannn

Wrong! First of all, Crysis and The Witcher: Enhanced Edition are excellent PC exclusives, which beat most console exclusives altogether! At least, thank CDPROJEKT for bringing The Witcher to consoles! Anyway, what the PC does is steal selective games from consoles and improve them!

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 TREAL_Since
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="jasonheyman"][QUOTE="Blackbond"]And what does your reply have anything to do that compared to me you could be classified as what you call other gamers. A casual?

no it doesn't :| That would mean that the most popular movie ever year wins the oscar...oh wait a minute SPiderman 3 didn't win an oscar last year ...cause it SUCKED Awards are Awards...they judge the quality of the game......something "critics" use to praise and reward a media source be it a TV show, Movie, or videogame In no freakin way is are Award Nominees the equivalent of Popularity

True, but popularity is still greatly tied to gaming nominees. Gaming is different than movies. Gamers usually know a good game when they play it. The audience for movies are much more widespread and casual. Usually popular games do get nominated as do unknown games (that are quality).
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 TREAL_Since
[QUOTE="jasonheyman"][QUOTE="Blackbond"]And what does your reply have anything to do that compared to me you could be classified as what you call other gamers. A casual?

Blackbond

And as I've said multiple times if you're argument is popularity then you need look no further then the Wii controlling about half the current gen market with Mario Kart Wii slaughtering everything in its wake sales wise.

Just like a casual movie (Spiderman 3) Games like Wii Play and Wii Fit are comparable in that sense. The Wii is another story. It tapped into a casual audience like movie watchers.
Cole-Protocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Cole-Protocal
Member since 2008 • 681 Posts
if 360 > PS3 in global sales then cows cant win the year.
n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
Cows won with Lems close behind...then Hermits then Sheep sheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 100000
Member since 2003 • 549 Posts
Dumb question, Like it or not hermits win every year
Syferonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Syferonik
Member since 2006 • 3060 Posts
sheeps with Wii Fit
joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 joopyme
Member since 2008 • 2598 Posts

manticores...

truth be told, hermits win every year.

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
sheeps with Wii FitSyferonik
Sheep is also the plural form, yes? And you are correct, Wii Fit is great.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

[QUOTE="killab2oo5"]Going by Gamespot scores Sony and MS were tied,followed by the PC,then far down the line there was the Wii. There were a few multiplats that didn't get scored for PC though.Afro_Samurai1

Going by Gamespots scores PC was ahead of both Sony and MS man.

mgs4 and gtaiv both scored higher than any pc exclusive or multiplat this year.

nuff said

.... GTA IV is on the PC. lol

Man, how can people be so ignorant?

The PC won, it had the most AAAE's and AAE's.

SeanDiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#117 SeanDiff
Member since 2007 • 933 Posts
[QUOTE="Afro_Samurai1"][QUOTE="Blackbond"]

Going by Gamespots scores PC was ahead of both Sony and MS man.

DragonfireXZ95

mgs4 and gtaiv both scored higher than any pc exclusive or multiplat this year.

nuff said

.... GTA IV is on the PC. lol

Man, how can people be so ignorant?

The PC won, it had the most AAAE's and AAE's.

PS3 had most AAAA games.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#119 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I won as a gamer due to all the awesome games
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

PC wins every year.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#121 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I would say - Hermits > Cows > Sheep > Lemmings.
Ross_the_B0SS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Ross_the_B0SS
Member since 2008 • 1210 Posts
I didn't think you could actually win System Wars.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46694 Posts

PC : Games
Wii : sales

Lemmings and Cows keep bickering about graphics.

C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#124 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts
Hermits usually win. PS3/360 are pretty much even for 2nd. Wii last
-Reggaeton-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 -Reggaeton-
Member since 2007 • 2392 Posts

Wii: Sales

Ps3: Games (most imortant IMO)

xbox360: Flops

TheOddQuantum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 TheOddQuantum
Member since 2008 • 2472 Posts
[QUOTE="BumFluff122"]The Hermits win every year.awmannn
Wait, how did the hermits win? The only arguments I hear are between the cows and lemmings. Hermits don't say squat!

They don't need to say squat :lol:
Avatar image for deactivated-652663614c5e5
deactivated-652663614c5e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 deactivated-652663614c5e5
Member since 2005 • 2271 Posts
i think the cows won 2008. they had better exclusives than any other console and MGS4 utterly dominated in the best of 2008 awards.
GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

In my opinion the Lemmings won, because of its wide variety of exclusives aimed at a more mature audience(sorry Nintendo.) It had game exclusives like Mass Effect, Gears of War, GTA, Banjo Kazooie, and Halo to really give everyone a wonderful experience when buying a system. This system has way more exclusives than systems like the PS3, which has, basically MGS4 as its heart. Also, it took so long for the PS3 to get any exclusives it left cows looking at their watches. Also, the PC... I can't even start, all the PC does is just take games from other systems and make them their own. Real original. The Wii is great for a younger audience, but cannot hold up to what some mature gamers want.

awmannn
Wow in 3 years you just listed all of the 360 greats with 3 games and 1 multiplate lol. You did miss Halo though lol in your list. So 4 games, with 1 1/2 years since its last AAA til Gears 2. Also other lemmings below hyping a firmware update is just laughable aswell. Heck since I've had my ps3 there has been no waiting, unless not being able to buy all of the games I want, so having to save up for them has really been the hassel lol. So basically your list your hyping is the reason why I don't have a 360, 2 of the 3 games you listed is on the pc aswell, heck even the multiplate you listed is now on the pc lol. I'll stick to my ps3, god how I love having real exclusives and not just some bread crumbs thrown at me for exclusives and $50 million dlc that comes out 8 months after I've already beaten the game its for lol. Oh heck you said 08 aswell huh, so you only actually listed 1 games unless you did mean Gears 2 and not Gears lol.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
I'd say 1st PC 2nd PS3 & 360 tied 114th Wii :P
speedsix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 speedsix
Member since 2003 • 1076 Posts
In 2008 the PS3 won Internet Forum ListWars, in the real World the 360 won.
sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2098 Posts
depends if your speaking internet bragging rights or real world situation, because in reality the wii dominated in a largely separate demographic with no competition, the 360 won the more traditional gamer segment and the ps3 came a distant 3rd, the PC again is a largely different demographic to consoles, not to mention piracy issues which impact sales so I try not to judge the PC in the same vein as the 2 hd systems.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
In 2008 the PS3 won Internet Forum ListWars, in the real World the 360 won.speedsix
how exactly did you work that out? Wii outsold them almost combined, 360 & PS3 sold similar numbers and in terms of quality their libraries were pretty similar.
starmetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#134 starmetroid
Member since 2007 • 5000 Posts
The ones who spent the least amount of time here.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
[QUOTE="speedsix"]In 2008 the PS3 won Internet Forum ListWars, in the real World the 360 won.blue_hazy_basic
how exactly did you work that out? Wii outsold them almost combined, 360 & PS3 sold similar numbers and in terms of quality their libraries were pretty similar.

If anything, the PC won Internet List Wars and the WIi won in the Real World. The PS3 and 360 didn't really win squat. His reasoning makes my head hurt.
jethrovegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 jethrovegas
Member since 2007 • 5103 Posts

Sheeps, the wii has better games and people actually buy themRigga911

the wii has better games Rigga911

better games Rigga911

...no. Just no.

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts
i think gamers won /thread
thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#138 thegoldenpoo
Member since 2005 • 5136 Posts
Hmmm... i would say it was a ti between the big three this year PC=PS3=360 and then bringing up the rear the belated and battered wii.
aquajet16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 aquajet16
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts

Hermits all the way...

-Spore, Dead Space, Fallout 3, Red Alert 3 etc....

BTW if there's someone who would say that the sheep will win just because their Wii had the greatest sales...think again. The Wii's sales when compared to the sales of PC's across the world is like pitting a cat to a lion. So I guess the sheeps have no room for an ...award (except 3rd place that is since Cows and Lemmings tie for 2nd place :D)

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#140 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

hermits always win, they always get most games

cows were second

lemmings were third

sheeps were last

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
How could anybody claim a particular group lost last year? everybody got some great games (although I think the Wii's last 6 months were for gamers with odd taste).
destro123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 destro123
Member since 2005 • 755 Posts
None of this lemming, cow, hermits fanboy crap, its really, really dumb and makes no sense whatsoever. I think what you meant to say was "Who won 2008: 360, ps3, or wii? In my personal opionon i think the 360 won this year because for one, it kept up with the ps3 and wii, second; some good exclusives came out and lastly, the new xbox live experience was a sucess (offering more movies, tv shows, and a better social sceen for live users) and playstation home was a complete failure (for most playstaion owners). I would have chosen the Wii to win but it just didnt deliver the games that i enjoy playing