Who won 2008: Lemmings, Cows, Sheep, or Hermits?

• 142 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

Going by Gamespot scores Sony and MS were tied,followed by the PC,then far down the line there was the Wii. There were a few multiplats that didn't get scored for PC though.killab2oo5

Going by Gamespots scores PC was ahead of both Sony and MS man.

LookAnDrolL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#52 LookAnDrolL
Member since 2008 • 2483 Posts

Casual gamers won... 2008 was a great year for gaming

Fanboys are still fighting eachothers... 4D graphics, Bullshots comparisions, Playing sales charts...

Well, keep it up

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

[QUOTE="killab2oo5"]Going by Gamespot scores Sony and MS were tied,followed by the PC,then far down the line there was the Wii. There were a few multiplats that didn't get scored for PC though.Blackbond

He's talking about 2008?
Afro_Samurai1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Afro_Samurai1
Member since 2008 • 522 Posts

[QUOTE="killab2oo5"]Going by Gamespot scores Sony and MS were tied,followed by the PC,then far down the line there was the Wii. There were a few multiplats that didn't get scored for PC though.Blackbond

mgs4 and gtaiv both scored higher than any pc exclusive or multiplat this year.

nuff said

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 coakroach
Member since 2005 • 1356 Posts
Littlebigplanet, Resistance 2, Metal Gear Solid 4 Gotta say, I'm a happy Cow
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

[QUOTE="killab2oo5"]Going by Gamespot scores Sony and MS were tied,followed by the PC,then far down the line there was the Wii. There were a few multiplats that didn't get scored for PC though.killab2oo5

He's talking about 2008?

Obviously I know he's talking about 2008 and again the PC still had the most critically acclaimed games meaning AA+ out of any platform.

jasonheyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 jasonheyman
Member since 2006 • 1683 Posts

To make a point here no not really. Just because PC has more AAA, AAAA games doesn't claim the win. Those are scores/ratings of the individual games which is done by a system to score them for that particular platform

Awards on the other hand show popularity and whats being played and enjoyed by the masses!

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 killab2oo5

Obviously I know he's talking about 2008 and again the PC still had the most critically acclaimed games meaning AA+ out of any platform.

Blackbond
Eh,well I'm going by THIS chart. Unless I can't add the 360 and PS3 has 39 AA+ titles while the PC has 27,and the Wii has 16.
Afro_Samurai1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Afro_Samurai1
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

[QUOTE="killab2oo5"]Going by Gamespot scores Sony and MS were tied,followed by the PC,then far down the line there was the Wii. There were a few multiplats that didn't get scored for PC though.jasonheyman

To make a point here no not really. Just because PC has more AAA, AAAA games doesn't claim the win. Those are scores/ratings of the individual games which is done by a system to score them for that particular platform

Awards on the other hand show popularity and whats being played and enjoyed by the masses!

amen to that

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

[QUOTE="killab2oo5"]Going by Gamespot scores Sony and MS were tied,followed by the PC,then far down the line there was the Wii. There were a few multiplats that didn't get scored for PC though.Afro_Samurai1

nuff said

Seeing as how you didn't join until recently I'll let you in on a hint. Gamecube didn't win the year RE4 or Metroid Prime came out here at SW and both were at the top 10 in critically acclaimed games of all time at the time.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

[QUOTE="killab2oo5"]Going by Gamespot scores Sony and MS were tied,followed by the PC,then far down the line there was the Wii. There were a few multiplats that didn't get scored for PC though.jasonheyman

Here at GS the concensus has always been you use GS's scores. Awards have never been a factor in anything regarding SW. I didn't see people clamoring over Wii winning 2007 with SMG. I didn't see GC win years with Metroid Prime and RE4. Simply put because the people here have never measured it in GOTY or other awards. When the masses compare lineups they compare the game scores not the awards.

But yes it is good that you see fit on changing things.

Avatar image for KrazyKenKutarag
KrazyKenKutarag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 KrazyKenKutarag
Member since 2007 • 1905 Posts
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

killab2oo5

Eh,well I'm going by THIS chart. Unless I can't add the 360 and PS3 has 39 A+ titles while the PC has 27,and the Wii has 16.

Well, as AgentFred said, Gamespot didn't review the PC versions of some multiplatform games, so he had to keep them off the chart. That explains why the consoles have such a high number of AA titles compared to the PC. The PC also has the most AA+ exclusive titles, which is a very important factor.

Afro_Samurai1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Afro_Samurai1
[QUOTE="Afro_Samurai1"][QUOTE="Blackbond"]

Blackbond

nuff said

Seeing as how you didn't join until recently I'll let you in on a hint. Gamecube didn't win the year RE4 or Metroid Prime came out here at SW and both were at the top 10 in critically acclaimed games of all time at the time.

To bad for gamecube owners back then but now we are in the present mgs4 won goty and got a perfect score plus it even beat crysis in the graphics department the cow won when it comes down to games.

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 killab2oo5
[QUOTE="killab2oo5"][QUOTE="Blackbond"]

KrazyKenKutarag

Eh,well I'm going by THIS chart. Unless I can't add the 360 and PS3 has 39 A+ titles while the PC has 27,and the Wii has 16.

Well, as AgentFred said, Gamespot didn't review the PC versions of some multiplatform games, so he had to keep them off the chart. That explains why the consoles have such a high number of AA titles compared to the PC. The PC also has the most AA+ exclusive titles, which is a very important factor.

I mentioned that also. But was it enough to make up for the 12 difference? How do we know the ports would've gotten the same score...could've been crappy ports.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Blackbond
[QUOTE="jasonheyman"][QUOTE="Blackbond"]

Afro_Samurai1

amen to that

Showing of popularity and whats being played and enjoyed by the masses!

amen to that

Well looks like the Wii just beat the **** out of everyone and won SW now didn't it seeing as how its the most popular and is what's being played and enjoyed by the masses.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="Afro_Samurai1"]

nuff said

Afro_Samurai1

To bad for gamecube owners back then but now we are in the present mgs4 won goty and got a perfect score plus it even beat crysis in the graphics department the cow won when it comes down to games.

Hilarious. Not only did all of a sudden things change. But wait they changed mid year in June upon the release of MGS4 lol. I mean wow how can you not win when you play by your own rules and change them half way through the year lol.

Afro_Samurai1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Afro_Samurai1
[QUOTE="Afro_Samurai1"][QUOTE="jasonheyman"]

Blackbond

amen to that

amen to that

Well looks like the Wii just beat the **** out of everyone and won SW now didn't it seeing as how its the most popular and is what's being played and enjoyed by the masses.

Not on gs it isn't and if you think you would be going against what you said at first which was [the pc won].Blackbond just admit your wrong

jasonheyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 jasonheyman
[QUOTE="Afro_Samurai1"][QUOTE="jasonheyman"]

Blackbond

amen to that

amen to that

Sure it sold more hardware because the target was more family= mom, dad, grandpa, grandma.

Game wise the Wii fails bad! Only a handful of games for the loyal "hardcore gamers"

On the other 360/PS3 blew out a lot of numbers software wise! Easy! So the "Wii" argument is a fail!

Avatar image for KrazyKenKutarag
KrazyKenKutarag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 KrazyKenKutarag
Member since 2007 • 1905 Posts
[QUOTE="KrazyKenKutarag"][QUOTE="killab2oo5"] Eh,well I'm going by THIS chart. Unless I can't add the 360 and PS3 has 39 A+ titles while the PC has 27,and the Wii has 16. killab2oo5

I mentioned that also. But was it enough to make up for the 12 difference? How do we know the ports would've gotten the same score...could've been crappy ports.

We don't know, but the multiplatform reviews would've made the numbers less dramatic. Gamespot also missed quite a few lesser known PC games. Regardless, PC still has the most AA+ exclusives, which is very good considering 2008 was one of PC's worst years.

spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 spike6566
Member since 2008 • 1630 Posts
in my opinion, lemmings won with the most games flopping. especially with their JRPGS exclusives.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Blackbond

amen to that

Afro_Samurai1

amen to that

Not on gs it isn't and if you think you would be going against what you said at first which was [the pc won].Blackbond just admit your wrong

Yes yes because Nerdman's offical AA(E)/AAA(E)/AAAA(E) thread doesn't exist and it was definately put into the SW informational thread for no apparent reason at all.

If you agreed to that logic of Jasonheyman than that logic dictated that the Wii is the victor based on enjoyed by the masses. So how are you going to say not on GS it isn't? You're not going by GS you're going by you.

leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 leadernator
Member since 2003 • 9064 Posts

If you boil it down to exclusives, PS3 definitely got the most attention in 2008.

2008 awards say it all, and not only the Gamespot ones.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Blackbond

1. Sure it sold more hardware because the target was more family= mom, dad, grandpa, grandma.
  2. Game wise the Wii fails bad! Only a handful of games for the loyal "hardcore gamers"
  3. On the other 360/PS3 blew out a lot of numbers software wise! Easy! So the "Wii" argument is a fail!

jasonheyman

1. Why should it matter who bought the system? Because you're not a mom, dad, grandpa, grandma you are some sort of more important gamer or something?
  2. Game wise the Wii fails badly? And this is based on what again? Your opinion or GS's? Because for one your opinion doesn't matter as its just like mine and two if you're going by GS's then PC comes out on top like I've originally stated.
  3. What do you mean blew out a lot of numbers software wise? If you're talking software sales then the Wii sells the most software lol.

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts
if you look at AA+ exclusives....the PC got the most this year by far (as it does with every other year)
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

If you boil it down to exclusives, PS3 definitely got the most attention in 2008.

leadernator

Are you saying it won?

Afro_Samurai1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Afro_Samurai1

amen to that

Blackbond

Yes yes because Nerdman's offical AA(E)/AAA(E)/AAAA(E) thread doesn't exist and it was definately put into the SW informational thread for no apparent reason at all.

If you agreed to that logic of Jasonheyman than that logic dictated that the Wii is the victor based on enjoyed by the masses. So how are you going to say not on GS it isn't? You're not going by GS you're going by you.

You said the wii is enjoyed by the masses but it is not here most of the people here don't like the wii,you said it yourself the wii wins in sales not games.I am going by what you said don't take it so personal.:D

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts
Sales: Wii AAAE Games: PC That is all.
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10647 Posts

Lemmings, better year for those who want to buy more then 3 games.

And they aquired tekken 6/ Final Fantasy 13.

MerisYaki
nice way to contradict yourself. If you're stating that the ps3 had only 3 games this year, in which i'm assuming that you mean games that was AAA and better, what does that say for mr 360 and it's 1 AAA?
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#80 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
Member since 2005 • 4624 Posts
Cows win by default for taking June-December. Brawl and GTA4 aside January-May was lame game-wise. I'm pretty sure the grand prize for "winning" SW is the same as finishing dead last, though: JACK ****.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
I think I made out pretty well in 08, personally.
leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 leadernator
Member since 2003 • 9064 Posts
[QUOTE="leadernator"]

Silverbond

Are you saying it won?

yes.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts
[QUOTE="Silverbond"][QUOTE="leadernator"]

leadernator

Are you saying it won?

yes.

It won if you count consoles only. PS3 wins biggest comeback with 2 AAAE and 1 AAAAE. PC had 4 AAAE this year though.
jasonheyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 jasonheyman
[QUOTE="jasonheyman"]

1. Sure it sold more hardware because the target was more family= mom, dad, grandpa, grandma.
  2. Game wise the Wii fails bad! Only a handful of games for the loyal "hardcore gamers"
  3. On the other 360/PS3 blew out a lot of numbers software wise! Easy! So the "Wii" argument is a fail!

Blackbond

1. Why should it matter who bought the system? Because you're not a mom, dad, grandpa, grandma you are some sort of more important gamer or something?
  2. Game wise the Wii fails badly? And this is based on what again? Your opinion or GS's? Because for one your opinion doesn't matter as its just like mine and two if you're going by GS's then PC comes out on top like I've originally stated.
  3. What do you mean blew out a lot of numbers software wise? If you're talking software sales then the Wii sells the most software lol.

1) Why does it matter? It matters to me as a gamer and as all the other gamers who voted for popular console games! How many awards did the Wii get this year for games? 1 or 2 maybe.

2)Again how many Wii games won awards???

3)For hardcore gamers and games the PS3 and 360 are not match to the Wii. Yeah I'm sure a copy of "Wii Music" is sold along with the system! I just don't understand why a game like that didn't get game of the year??!! :roll: Are you kidding me or what?

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Blackbond

You said the wii is enjoyed by the masses but it is not here most of the people here don't like the wii,you said it yourself the wii wins in sales not games.I am going by what you said don't take it so personal.:D

Afro_Samurai1

And more people here probably hate the PS3 here then the Wii so whats your point? People don't measure the popularity of said thing in SW they go to Media Critic, NPD, or other sales charts. Besides that point population of SW is severely outnumbered by the rest of the planet lol.

Afro_Samurai1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Afro_Samurai1
[QUOTE="Afro_Samurai1"]

Blackbond

And more people here probably hate the PS3 here then the Wii so whats your point? People don't measure the popularity of said thing in SW they go to Media Critic, NPD, or other sales charts. Besides that point population of SW is severely outnumbered by the rest of the planet lol.

but you said only gs counts get back to me when you can make up your mind

good day sir

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#87 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
Member since 2005 • 4624 Posts
[QUOTE="Afro_Samurai1"]

Blackbond

Wait a minute.....SW =/= The World?! Nooooooooo!!!!!
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Blackbond
[QUOTE="leadernator"][QUOTE="Silverbond"]

Are you saying it won?

TREAL_Since

yes.

It won if you count consoles only. PS3 wins biggest comeback with 2 AAAE and 1 AAAAE. PC had 4 AAAE this year though.

As far as consoles go agreed. PS3 has the best year according to GS.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Blackbond

Afro_Samurai1

good day sir

Wait so you haven't figured out yet that I've been following your own logic and showing how you're contradicting yourself lol? Here at GS the unwritten rules are that only GS's scores matter. But when you went with Jasonheyman with popularity you gotta realize that by agreeing with him you pick the Wii as your winner.

Then you say most people here don't like the Wii but hey even more dislike the PS3 or haven't you been paying attention to the boards lately?

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="jasonheyman"]

jasonheyman

1) Why does it matter? It matters to me as a gamer and as all the other gamers who voted for popular console games! How many awards did the Wii get this year for games? 1 or 2 maybe.

2)Again how many Wii games won awards???

3)For hardcore gamers and games the PS3 and 360 are not match to the Wii. Yeah I'm sure a copy of "Wii Music" is sold along with the system! I just don't understand why a game like that didn't get game of the year??!! :roll: Are you kidding me or what?

And yet the most popular game on the planet and of all time is Wii Sports. Secondly what matters to you as a gamer hasn't been the long standing unwritten rules of SW.

Again when did awards become relevant in who was considered the victor? Wow GC beat PS2 three years. Oh wait it changed in June didn't it half way through the year. Tricky you making up your rules.

Speak for yourself. I build and customize sticks, I have over 10 platforms, and a crap load of games and the Wii is a match for me. Am I supposed to say I'm all big bad and hardcore and you're just a casual? No. Because I don't play it that way. They have their preference and you have yours. You speak of popularity and played amongst gamers. Recognize and accept the fact that Nintendo controls 50% market share of current gen consoles.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#91 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts

If you count downloable games, the PS3, 360, and PC all had 9 AAA to AAAA games, with the Wii having 4 AAA to AAAA games. If you don't count downloadable games (World of Goo, Geometry Wars 2, and Braid), the PS3 had 9 AAA to AAAA games, the PC had 8 AAA to AAAA games, the 360 had 7 AAA to AAAA games, and the Wii had 3 AAA games. PC had 4 exclusive AAA to AAAA games. PS3 had 3 exclusive AAA to AAAA games. 360 had 1 exclusive AAA to AAAA game. The Wii had 2 exclusive AA games. As far as AA games go, PC won. I'm not sure what the amount was, but I just know it won.

PS3 had 2 exclusives in the GOTY nomination. 360 had 1 exclusive in the GOTY nomination. Wii had 1 exclusive in the GOTY nomination. PC had 0 exclusive in the GOTY nomination. I'm not sure how much there was overall, but I'm pretty sure 360 and PS3 had the same amount of GOTY nomination games. I think both had 8, but I could be wrong.

Just stating the facts. Make of it what you will.

Edit: Wait, wouldn't the Cows win since they are all Sony? You could then count games like Persona 4, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, Patapon, and such, because the name "Cow" is just meant to be associated with Sony fans.

Afro_Samurai1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Afro_Samurai1
good

Blackbond

good day sir

Wait so you haven't figured out yet that I've been following your own logic and showing how you're contradicting yourself lol? Here at GS the unwritten rules are that only GS's scores matter. But when you went with Jasonheyman with popularity you gotta realize that by agreeing with him you pick the Wii as your winner.

Then you say most people here don't like the Wii but hey even more dislike the PS3 or haven't you been paying attention to the boards lately?

The cows won mgs4 goty highest rated you lose and I could of swore I said good day people don't listen.

jasonheyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 jasonheyman
And yet the most popular game on the planet and of all time is Wii Sports. Secondly what matters to you as a gamer hasn't been the long standing unwritten rules of SW.

Again when did awards become relevant in who was considered the victor? Wow GC beat PS2 three years. Oh wait it changed in June didn't it half way through the year. Tricky you making up your rules.

Speak for yourself. I build and customize sticks, I have over 10 platforms, and a crap load of games and the Wii is a match for me. Am I supposed to say I'm all big bad and hardcore and you're just a casual? No. Because I don't play it that way. They have their preference and you have yours. You speak of popularity and played amongst gamers. Recognize and accept the fact that Nintendo controls 50% market share of current gen consoles.

Blackbond

And where is the Game of the Year Award for "Wii Sports" was it AAA or AAAA? Wow this is not even debatable anymore! Most websites have a voting system for their nominees! Those votes say other wise to what your trying to prove here!

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#94 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts

In Terms of Exclusive: PC > the rest

In Termes of overall games: Xbox 360 > the rest

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

If you count downloable games, the PS3, 360, and PC all had 9 AAA to AAAA games, with the Wii having 4 AAA to AAAA games. If you don't count downloadable games (World of Goo, Geometry Wars 2, and Braid), the PS3 had 9 AAA to AAAA games, the PC had 8 AAA to AAAA games, the 360 had 7 AAA to AAAA games, and the Wii had 3 AAA games. PC had 4 exclusive AAA to AAAA games. PS3 had 3 exclusive AAA to AAAA games. 360 had 1 exclusive AAA to AAAA game. The Wii had 2 exclusive AA games. As far as AA games go, PC won. I'm not sure what the amount was, but I just know it won.

PS3 had 2 exclusives in the GOTY nomination. 360 had 1 exclusive in the GOTY nomination. Wii had 1 exclusive in the GOTY nomination. PC had 0 exclusive in the GOTY nomination. I'm not sure how much there was overall, but I'm pretty sure 360 and PS3 had the same amount of GOTY nomination games. I think both had 8, but I could be wrong.

Edit: Wait, wouldn't the Cows win since they are all Sony? You could then count games like Persona 4, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, Patapon, and such, because the name "Cow" is just meant to be associated with Sony fans.

DeathScape666
All PC games are downloadable thoe:|
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#96 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
[QUOTE="jasonheyman"][QUOTE="Blackbond"]And yet the most popular game on the planet and of all time is Wii Sports. Secondly what matters to you as a gamer hasn't been the long standing unwritten rules of SW.

And where is the Game of the Year Award for "Wii Sports" was it AAA or AAAA? Wow this is not even debatable anymore! Most websites have a voting system for their nominees! Those votes say other wise to what your trying to prove here!

1- GOTY awards don't mean crap other than who wins GOTY.....if they did then the GC had the best 02, 03, and 05 last gen...oh wait it didn't :| The PS3 won if it had the most AAA/AA exclusives(AAAA as well obviousaly) or if it had the most sales Sales it lost by a wide margin Scores i know it beat the 360 and Wii....i believe the PC got more exclusives....but the console multiplats(that weren't on the PC) might give the PS3 an edge. GOTY does not make or break the year.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#97 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts
[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"][QUOTE="DeathScape666"]

All PC games are downloadable thoe:|

I know. I should've clarified, because I knew this would happen again... World of Goo is on Wii's WiiWare, so I counted it towards the "downloadable part." But I will now change the name to "VC/WiiWare/XBox Live Arcade, PSN Store, and the games on the downloadable parts of console games." There. Burnout Paradise is also downloadable on PC. If we do include games like those, how come Paper Mario, Super Mario Brothers 3, Geometry Wars 2, and Braid don't count as AAA games toward the Wii and 360? How come people say "360 only had one exclusive this year." Clearly, it had three if you count Geometry Wars 2 and Braid. So what are we going by? Are the previously mentioned games and World of Goo counted or not?
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Blackbond
I could of swore I said good day people don't listen.

Afro_Samurai1

Yeah we remember last time you said that and you were still posting for what 2 or 3 more pages right?

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]And yet the most popular game on the planet and of all time is Wii Sports. Secondly what matters to you as a gamer hasn't been the long standing unwritten rules of SW.

jasonheyman

And what does your reply have anything to do that compared to me you could be classified as what you call other gamers. A casual?

GOTY and other awards have never meant jack in what platform has had the best year as JGXCHAMP has said. The unwritten rules of SW have been in place for a while now.

St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#100 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts
I think the Cows won 08 closely followed by the Hermits in 2nd place. MGS4 and GTA4 getting 10's I think was the killer hit the PS3 needed to edge out the PC this year, plus some good late exclusives like R2 and LBP helped a lot.