Who will win the next-gen console battle?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for harnessthepower
HarnessThePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who will win the next-gen console battle? (62 votes)

Nintendo Switch 32%
Xbox Two 15%
Playstation 5 40%
Other 13%

Since Nintendo has kicked off next-gen with the Nintendo Switch, we can expect Microsoft and Sony to follow up within the next couple years. Obviously PS4 Pro and Scorpio are just stop-gaps until they can deliver their next gen product.

What do you expect from PS5? VR as standard?? Specs?

Will Xbox Two even be around? Will Microsoft throw in the towel after the beating they've been taking?

I predict:

PS5: Released 2019, 500TB SSD, 64GB Ram, 5GHz Processor, 16GB Dedicated Graphics Card

Xbox Two: Released 2018, 100TB HDD, 32GB Ram, 4GHz Processor, 8GB Dedicated Graphics Card

• 
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#51 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

NOT THIS FUCKER AGAIN

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34607 Posts

@Pedro said:
@davillain- said:
@Pedro said:

The Switch is not next gen.

It's a next-gen console you can take on the go which is optional and it's using cartridges thus eliminating BC for not playing Wii U games on the Switch.

Edit: Okay Mr. Pedro, why isn't Switch next-gen?

Very simple there is no advancement in technology in anyway on the Switch in the console arena. NONE. Absolutely NONE. Its the most archaic home console on the market. OLD technology is NOT next gen. Unless you want to redefine the meaning of next gen.

Let me see.. Next gen = when 3 consoles very similar in power is in stores? But if Nintendo makes a new console, with advancement in technology over their last console, it doesn't count as a next gen console? Why? Where is the line exactly of how powerful a console must be in order to be called next gen?

Do enlighten me, good sir.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@dakur said:
@FastRobby said:

Microsoft hasn't been taking a beating, and they don't do generations anymore.

On the contrary, they took a beat so badly that they're gradually stepping out of the console business. They know they can't compete there. Now they're going to try to compete with Steam but good luck with that lol.

No proof at all that they are stepping out of the console business, and Xbox One is doing better than the 360, so they are happy.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#54 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69474 Posts

@Litchie said:
@Pedro said:

Very simple there is no advancement in technology in anyway on the Switch in the console arena. NONE. Absolutely NONE. Its the most archaic home console on the market. OLD technology is NOT next gen. Unless you want to redefine the meaning of next gen.

Let me see.. Next gen = when 3 consoles very similar in power is in stores? But if Nintendo makes a new console, with advancement in technology over their last console, it doesn't count as a next gen console? Why? Where is the line exactly of how powerful a console must be in order to be called next gen?

They are factually not similar in power according to your definition making it not next gen. Anyone who is trying to make the claim that the Switch is a next generation console as in the same league as the PS4 and Xbox One is simply deluding themselves.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Pedro

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

Oh and to say Nintendo is not competing with MS/Sony is the funniest joke i've heard all week, keep'em coming lol.

That's because it's true, Nintendo isn't all that interest competing with both MS/Sony.

Edit: And so just were clear, Nintendo Switch is a huge step-op from Wii U and new hardware that the Wii U didn't have thus that's what we called next-gen console, not the fake ass upgrades lol Pro/Scorpio (unless MS says it's actually next-gen console) and you really do bring up a viable point, Nintendo really and I mean really needs to start competing again with MS/Sony.

The Pro and Scorpio are factually a greater upgrade to that of the WiiU to the Switch. It is not a huge upgrade as you are trying to make it out to be. In fact the PS4 and Xbox One are a greater upgrade to their predecessor than the Switch. So, keeping telling yourself that the Switch is next gen and is HUGE upgrade to the WiiU but non of it would change the facts. One additional fact is that its 1/6 the power of the Xbox One and 1/7 the power of the PS4 at its worse.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

PS5

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56097 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Litchie said:
@Pedro said:

They are factually not similar in power according to your definition making it not next gen. Anyone who is trying to make the claim that the Switch is a next generation console as in the same league as the PS4 and Xbox One is simply deluding themselves.

That's Bull Pedro and you know it! Man you full of crap.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#58 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

how should I know? The companies have plenty of time to mess up

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Pedro

@davillain- said:
@Pedro said:
@Litchie said:
@Pedro said:

That's Bull Pedro and you know it! Man you full of crap.

What is bull? The fact that the Pro and the Scorpio are a bigger upgrade? Or the fact that the Xbox One and PS4 are a bigger upgrade to their predecessor? Or the fact that the Switch is not even half the processing power of the Xbox One? Which one of these facts are bull?

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#60 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Technically Switch isn't new hardware, it's more than two years old.

JayMikells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 JayMikells
Member since 2016 • 79 Posts

Nintendo exited the dedicated home console market after the Wii U ceased production, so the hybrid Switch shouldn't even be on this list.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

I don't know why this question is even asked anymore since as always..... Xbox Won.

Hahaha.......I didn't know there was comedy in SW.

JayMikells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 JayMikells
Member since 2016 • 79 Posts

@dakur: Hmm, that's interesting because in reality the Xbone destroyed the Wii U in gen 8 sales but somehow Nintendo isn't dead despite being a distant 3rd place..

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#65 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

According to Sony, they are not even sure they will do a PS5.

So the gen 10 winner will be either Xbox Two or Switch 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

Oh and to say Nintendo is not competing with MS/Sony is the funniest joke i've heard all week, keep'em coming lol.

That's because it's true, Nintendo isn't all that interest competing with both MS/Sony.

Edit: And so just were clear, Nintendo Switch is a huge step-op from Wii U and new hardware that the Wii U didn't have thus that's what we called next-gen console, not the fake ass upgrades lol Pro/Scorpio (unless MS says it's actually next-gen console) and you really do bring up a viable point, Nintendo really and I mean really needs to start competing again with MS/Sony.

You cherry picking douche, if you're going to qoute me use the whole thing and not something you think you can use and avoid the ownage i brought you.

By your definition the Switch can't be next gen because the same Zelda game that is getting praise from all circles is also on the Wii U.

You can try and wiggle your way out of this but i and a few others it seems know you're full of BS.

The Switch is playable as a console and it plays games, so it is indeed in competition with the ther 2, not my fault if you are to blind to see it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily: Nintendo Switch is next-gen pal!

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@davillain- said:

@i_p_daily: Nintendo Switch is next-gen pal!

Your definition of next gen, a game that can only be playable on a next gen console and not doable on a last gen console, i present you with the latest Zelda game on both the Switch/Wii U.

Your own words not mine

Also the Scorpio is a more of a generational leap over the XB1 then what the Switch is to the Wii U, but, but, but the Switch is next gen, man you are failing badly lol.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Coleco.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 DaVillain  Moderator

@metalslimenite said:

How is Switch directly competing against XB1 and PS4 if it has very different kinds of games? And since when are generations determined by absolute power?

I been wondering the same thing. Switch is next-gen and it wasn't meant to compete with both Xbox One/PS4 at all, Switch is doing it's own thing despite it's a gaming console and it's also the hot console on the market right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#72 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

a) The OP was full of crap. Try harder next time, and maybe look into, er, speaking facts

b) This discussion is a dumpster fire