Who wants MGS4 on 360 - Poll

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

It would suck on 360 if they did that. It's not even designed to run on the 360.DA_B0MB

:| :question:

That made NO sense. Any game can be designed by the developers to run on ANY console.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
[QUOTE="ninjiijitsu"][QUOTE="conceru3"][QUOTE="Timstuff"][QUOTE="conceru3"][QUOTE="lordxymor"][QUOTE="conceru3"][QUOTE="XTy"][QUOTE="conceru3"][QUOTE="RickLemieux"]

Why is there so much attention for this game to come to the 360. There are so many great games on the 360 now and more on the way, do 360 fans really need this game?

conceru3

since FF13 is coming to 360 already, MGS4 is not for now

No, it's not. It wouldn't sell anyways. Way to suck up all the false info that SW has to offer.

Well, it would only sell 3-4 millions, nothing to write home about, and DMC4 came, FF13 comes soon too, i think it was Sony that CONFIRMED it as not PS3 exclusive

Sony confirmed it was not yet exclusive, and they they were meeting with SE in order to keep it exclusive. I could be wrong, but I hardly Sony wouldn't give anything SE asked to keep it exclusive, one of the most influential Rpgs in PS success.

What would Square ask for ? 2 million sales on 360 at the worst case scenario x 40$ profit each = 80.000.000$, i doubt Sony would pay that kind of money for a game already on their system, and BTW the 360 sales could well be up to 4-5 million, with the huge attach rate of 360 games, the 20 mill+ install base and the name of FF behind the game

You obviously don't have the slightest idea how exclusive deals work so please keep your mouse pointer off the "reply" button.

WOW, we have an insider, enlighten us then, because last time i checked sales are sales, there is nothing magic about them, Sony has to make a VERY appealing offer, which is impossible when PS3 will be 10 millions with a lower attach rate when FF13 arrives, and 360 will be 20 million+ with a HUGE attach rate, simply put the loss would be VAST for Sony to cover

So, FF13 is coming to 360

FFXIII is going to boost ps3 sales.

FF13 + Lost Odyssey + Blue Dragon + Eternal Sonata + infinite Undiscovery + Cry On would drive sales in Japan for 360 far more than FF13 = White Knight on PS3 only, MS has every reason to want the game

FFXIII + White Knight Saga + 100 JRPGs and quirky dating sims that will never come out in the US would disagree with you. MS cannot have FFXIII, it's one of the games that's going to sell PS3s, and would do nothing signifigant for Xbox in Japan since it's Japanese lineup is already beyond helping. Get over yourself.
XTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 XTy
Member since 2006 • 2434 Posts
No, MGS sucks.rhaigun
Exactly, Lemmings really don't care for the series. It would be a mistake.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#54 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
*slight hand gesture at fox*

You DO want an Xbox 360

AdobeArtist

Didn't those Jedi Masters teach you that Mind Trick does not on other Force users? :P

If I can afford it, I will be getting a new PC and 360... but I think the 360 might come first. I will tackle that problem when it arises.
Avatar image for Hammerofjustice
Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Hammerofjustice
Member since 2006 • 2685 Posts
You mean MGS4 Subsistance?CB4McGusto
its named sumtin diffraent eberay time. ifrst time it was named substinance then it was subsistance. k bai
proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 proof11102
Member since 2007 • 1080 Posts

[QUOTE="DA_B0MB"]It would suck on 360 if they did that. It's not even designed to run on the 360.AdobeArtist

That made NO sense. Any game can be designed by the developers to run on ANY console.

Cool...

Let's see how Crysis runs on NES.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 AdobeArtist  Moderator
[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]*slight hand gesture at fox*

You DO want an Xbox 360

foxhound_fox

Didn't those Jedi Masters teach you that Mind Trick does not on other Force users? :P

If I can afford it, I will be getting a new PC and 360... but I think the 360 might come first. I will tackle that problem when it arises.

Must have dozed through that course :P

fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#58 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts
I would like the two consoles to retain their identities -- so I vote "no".
rhaigun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 rhaigun
Member since 2005 • 3019 Posts
[QUOTE="rhaigun"]No, MGS sucks.TrueReligion_
In your opinion it sucks.

Isn't that the point? I'm not going to give your opinion.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 AdobeArtist  Moderator

I would like the two consoles to retain their identities -- so I vote "no".fuzzysquash

Identity is a fluid thing my friend. All entities evolve :) 

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
i think this is a dumb question as a gamer the one thing you should want most is having a good selection of great games to choose from so how can you have too many great games even if you dont like dmc you should still want it to come over to your system
kingyoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62 kingyoto
Member since 2006 • 1190 Posts
[QUOTE="proof11102"]

Everyone that answered no to the poll either never played MGS before or is a complete lier. MGS is one of the best franchises ever, Lemmings know they would love to have it.

P.S. MGS4 is going to be better than every game ever relased on the xbox360...Have a nice day

RickLemieux

I've played the series (overated in my book) and I'm very sick of sequels. I wish developers would make original games, instead of the same games over and over again. I know it's because people keep buying the sequels, but it still sucks.

I agree companies need to start putting out new games especially Nintendo how many times can they make a mario game
Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
[QUOTE="RickLemieux"]

Why is there so much attention for this game to come to the 360.  There are so many great games on the 360 now and more on the way, do 360 fans really need this game?

paullywog
because it's the only thing cows have to hype, and if it's gone, it's over. but honestly the game looks like garbage anyways.

Hmm cant tell that your a fanboy. WE have seen barely anything from this game or heard that much about yet your like its crap. Man halo3 looks like garvage because I havent even seen anything of it and it probably wont look better than halo2 on xbox. Thats what you sound like. Have fun fanboying every where.
Skippyj9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#64 Skippyj9
Member since 2004 • 2825 Posts

Where's the choice for I don't care???  A true fan wouldn't care if it were multi-plat or not... and another plus for if it goes to 360 is that more people will get to play Metal Gear Solid and experience its awesomeness.

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Killfox

Where's the choice for I don't care???  A true fan wouldn't care if it were multi-plat or not... and another plus for if it goes to 360 is that more people will get to play Metal Gear Solid and experience its awesomeness.

Skippyj9
Dont even bother reasoning with them. I find it funny when lemmings try to bash crysis. They are that dumb.
Skippyj9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#66 Skippyj9
Member since 2004 • 2825 Posts
[QUOTE="proof11102"]

Everyone that answered no to the poll either never played MGS before or is a complete lier. MGS is one of the best franchises ever, Lemmings know they would love to have it.

P.S. MGS4 is going to be better than every game ever relased on the xbox360...Have a nice day

RickLemieux

I've played the series (overated in my book) and I'm very sick of sequels. I wish developers would make original games, instead of the same games over and over again. I know it's because people keep buying the sequels, but it still sucks.

WTF? Metal Gear Solid is a continuing story. Why the hell would you want them to stop at Metal Gear Solid 3 if the loose ends were never tied together and the series got better with each installment??? Metal Gear Solid is a great series, either it was too hard for you or you can't keep interest in a game with a deep storyline.

fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#67 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts

[QUOTE="fuzzysquash"]I would like the two consoles to retain their identities -- so I vote "no".AdobeArtist

Identity is a fluid thing my friend. All entities evolve :)

I understand, but this generation, due to high development costs, the identities are meshing together. That's not a good thing for the industry as a whole, IMO.
Hot_Potato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#68 Hot_Potato
Member since 2004 • 3422 Posts
[QUOTE="RickLemieux"]

Why is there so much attention for this game to come to the 360. There are so many great games on the 360 now and more on the way, do 360 fans really need this game?

conceru3

What is the meaning of this poll ? All that have a 360 would answer yes, right ?

Make a FF13 poll, and ask which ones having 360 would buy it .... that would make more sense, since FF13 is coming to 360 already, MGS4 is not for now

Since when is FF13 going to 360?
Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Killfox
[QUOTE="RickLemieux"][QUOTE="proof11102"]

Skippyj9

WTF? Metal Gear Solid is a continuing story. Why the hell would you want them to stop at Metal Gear Solid 3 if the loose ends were never tied together and the series got better with each installment??? Metal Gear Solid is a great series, either it was too hard for you or you can't keep interest in a game with a deep storyline.

MGS series has the best story of any series. Have they made a novel yet??? If they have I got to get it.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
About half saying Yes, and Yes in the lead.
drnick7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 drnick7
Member since 2004 • 995 Posts
Hell yes. As much as I want to play MGS4, I really can't afford a PS3 right now. A 360 port would be a godsend.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 AdobeArtist  Moderator
[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="DA_B0MB"]It would suck on 360 if they did that. It's not even designed to run on the 360.proof11102

Cool...

Let's see how Crysis runs on NES.

Oh kay, oh kayyyyyy, haha, good way to make a point. :P

I just assumed we were both on the same page, talking about games being developed for hardware in the same generation, with current technology, not for 20 year old relics.

Since this thread concerns PS3 and Xbox 360, I'll address that specifically. The statement that MGS4 couldn't run on Xbox 360 is a huge pile of guano!! If this is all about that notion that PS3 is somehow a miracle machine with power from the heavens that no other machine - PC, Xbox 360, or otherwise - can come close to approaching... well everything after PS3's launch pretty much tanked that image.

All multiplat games and even comparing exclusives show that X360 is more than up to the task for any game that can be made on PS3, so MGS4 is no exception. Sonyfans just can't come to grips with the fact that X360 is on the same gaming caliber as their prefered platform.

And lets not get into that "wait another 2 years and THEN you'll see a difference". I'm not disputing that PS3 games and graphics will get better over time. Of course it will. But so will X360's, it hasn't peaked after just a year. NO console ever does.

Berserker_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Berserker_2
Member since 2006 • 5948 Posts
I voted "No". I don't care for the franchise. But it would be valuable for the 360.
RickLemieux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 RickLemieux
Member since 2003 • 517 Posts
[QUOTE=";Skippyj9";][QUOTE=";RickLemieux";][QUOTE=";proof11102";]

Take it easy.  I'm just saying that I'm tired of the same games over and over again.   It wasn't too hard....more like too boring for me.  That's my opinion, if you like the series, good for you.  Buy it and be happy!

Avatar image for Chloroformality
Chloroformality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Chloroformality
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts
Why isn't there a "don't care" option? I personally think MGS has been garbage since the second game, so, I really don't care what happens to it. If it bombs then, hey, happy me...
vitonemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#76 vitonemesis
Member since 2006 • 3162 Posts

i voted no see below

slithermgs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 slithermgs4
Member since 2006 • 396 Posts

Everyone that answered no to the poll either never played MGS before or is a complete lier.  MGS is one of the best franchises ever, Lemmings know they would love to have it. 

proof11102
My thoughts exactly
snakeofsolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#78 snakeofsolid
Member since 2005 • 2140 Posts

[QUOTE="solidsnakeo"]i want it because 360 is not worth 400 dollars as long as sony has the end of my favorite series of all time exclusive if it gos multiplat i will go get a 360 that dayRickLemieux

If it's your favorite game series, buy a PS3.

[/QUOTE

PS3 for 1 favorite game? or 360 for dozens and dozens of awesome games?

in my case i got a 360 for my BDAY, so i dunno i dotn feel like buying a ps3, and i love MGS also, dont think its financially smart to buy a system for one game. 

AA7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 AA7
Member since 2003 • 2845 Posts
Yes. Why not? selfish gamers? Fanboys? Screw them, give us all MGS.
ninjiijitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ninjiijitsu
Member since 2007 • 670 Posts

FF13 + Lost Odyssey + Blue Dragon + Eternal Sonata + infinite Undiscovery + Cry On would drive sales in Japan for 360 far more than FF13 = White Knight on PS3 only, MS has every reason to want the game

conceru3

Of course ms have every reason to want ffxiii. it's a system seller.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#81 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

I personally don't care one way or another. It would be a boost to the 360, but I don't really care about what system is selling what.

And as for the game itself, I have never really cared for the MGS franchise, so to me, it does not really matter.

shadow8585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 shadow8585
Member since 2006 • 2947 Posts
The exclusivity of this game may determine the outcome of this entire generation. If it's on X360, it's all over
Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts
I actually don't care if 360 gets it or not, cause I'm not stoked to play it. so I'll put down a no.
solidte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 solidte
Member since 2005 • 3616 Posts
[QUOTE="Timstuff"][QUOTE="conceru3"][QUOTE="lordxymor"][QUOTE="conceru3"][QUOTE="XTy"][QUOTE="conceru3"][QUOTE="RickLemieux"]

conceru3

since FF13 is coming to 360 already, MGS4 is not for now

No, it's not. It wouldn't sell anyways. Way to suck up all the false info that SW has to offer.

Well, it would only sell 3-4 millions, nothing to write home about, and DMC4 came, FF13 comes soon too, i think it was Sony that CONFIRMED it as not PS3 exclusive

Sony confirmed it was not yet exclusive, and they they were meeting with SE in order to keep it exclusive. I could be wrong, but I hardly Sony wouldn't give anything SE asked to keep it exclusive, one of the most influential Rpgs in PS success.

What would Square ask for ? 2 million sales on 360 at the worst case scenario x 40$ profit each = 80.000.000$, i doubt Sony would pay that kind of money for a game already on their system, and BTW the 360 sales could well be up to 4-5 million, with the huge attach rate of 360 games, the 20 mill+ install base and the name of FF behind the game

You obviously don't have the slightest idea how exclusive deals work so please keep your mouse pointer off the "reply" button.

WOW, we have an insider, enlighten us then, because last time i checked sales are sales, there is nothing magic about them, Sony has to make a VERY appealing offer, which is impossible when PS3 will be 10 millions with a lower attach rate when FF13 arrives, and 360 will be 20 million+ with a HUGE attach rate, simply put the loss would be VAST for Sony to cover

So, FF13 is coming to 360

No it won't and if it does it will sell less then 800,000 copies probebly.

Avatar image for Mikazukinoyaiba
Mikazukinoyaiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Mikazukinoyaiba
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts
I want it because paying $600+ just for MGS4 is crazy.
Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#86 Nedemis
Member since 2002 • 10715 Posts
I could care less seeing how it's possibly the most boring franchise I've ever played.
ScoopyMcScoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 ScoopyMcScoop
Member since 2005 • 1191 Posts
If you don't answer yes to this question (it's a no brainer for gamers folks), then you're an f*ing fanboy, and you have no right to call yourself a gamer, period.
haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#88 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
I could care less, but I'm still for games going multiplatform its always nice to have a large amount of multiplatform games.