Who is *NOT* going to be playing Elden Ring, hmm?

• 141 results
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

Poll Who is *NOT* going to be playing Elden Ring, hmm? (77 votes)

Me. Elden Ring, Shmeldon Shmring. 61%
Not me. MY BODY IS READY! 39%

And why not?

I won't be playing it. The addition of an open world can't fool me; this is still a Dark Souls game and they are way too tough for me. I play games to relax, not to endure endless trial-and-error.

Now if you like that, hey more power to you, not knocking it as a gameplay process. Just not my cup of tea.

Besides we got Warhammer Total War 3 coming out, plus my regular fix of DCS World and Satisfactory to play, not to mention newer games like Hitman 3 and Dying Light 2.

• 
sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#51 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@hardwenzen: I didn’t compare Returnal to Elden ring. I told you how I felt about your assurances that Elden Ring would destroy anything ms produces.

It looks positively last gen, and I’d honestly rather fly a real time flight from Bergen to Christchurch in Flight simulator than have to deal with an rpg that features walking flower pots.

By all means, enjoy it. At least you’ll finally have something to play.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: I didn’t compare Returnal to Elden ring. I told you how I felt about your assurances that Elden Ring would destroy anything ms produces.

It looks positively last gen, and I’d honestly rather fly a real time flight from Bergen to Christchurch in Flight simulator than have to deal with an rpg that features walking flower pots.

By all means, enjoy it. At least you’ll finally have something to play.

You feel bad about good games and feel good about garbage such as Infinite. And you shouldn't be talking about games looking last gen when Infinite could be mistaken as an Xbone launch title.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 sealionact

@hardwenzen: And Halo is back to haunt you again when we’re talking about a 3rd party game that I have no interest in.

Why does Halo upset you so much?

I don’t get why you - as the “Cow of the year - are getting moist at the prospect of a 3rd person game where you wield comically oversized blades, against LSD inspired enemies in an open world setting while you dismiss games like HZD …. Which actually look good.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: And Halo is back to haunt you again when we’re talking about a 3rd party game that I have no interest in.

I don’t get why you - as the “Cow of the year - are getting moist at the prospect of a 3rd person game where you wield comically oversized blades, against LSD inspired enemies in an open world setting while you dismiss games like HZD …. Which actually look good.

Look at my sig. It will answer all your questions in life.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58310 Posts
@Pedro said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@hardwenzen said:

The dumbest comment i have ever seen you post, and you're usually an expert at dumb comments. Let that sink in.

Yeah everyone knows this is a JARPG!

I mean c'mon...

😂

Have you tried playing Dragon's Dogma?

I have. I wanted to like it. I just couldn't, though. I think if there was ever a Japanese game to like it was that one.

I think I Just don't like the Japanese aesthetic very much when it comes to games. It happens with anime as well, something else I really want to like but usually do not.

Mostly though I think my preferences have changed. Played plenty of Japanese games growing up in the early and mid 90's, all the staples.

I'll probably try out Elden Ring eventually when it is heavily discounted, or maybe if like a million people are like "Yo it's like Dark Souls but totally not like Dark Souls, it's easier but still fun". Didn't like any of the Dark Souls games. Didn't make it through more than a couple hours of Bloodborne. Didn't even like Nioh or The Surge 1/2.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By sealionact

@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

Looking at - whatever a sig is - doesn’t answer the questions I asked.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By hardwenzen
@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

Infinite is dying horribly, and that's why i cannot stop talking about it. I am worried, and so should you if you're a Halo fan.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 sealionact

@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

Infinite is dying horribly, and that's why i cannot stop talking about it. I am worried, and so should you if you're a Halo fan.

So worried about Halo that you bring it up when the discussion was about the jrpg on ps3. This is on ps3…right?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

So worried about Halo that you bring it up when the discussion was about the jrpg on ps3. This is on ps3…right?

Stop asking me stupid questions. Elden Ring>Everything that could come with Halo written on the box.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#60 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Future GOTY Elden Ring causing butthurt.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 sealionact

@hardwenzen: You bought up halo. I asked why. Hardly stupid questions unless you’re feeling particularly triggered because most people have voted that they’re not interested in the jrpg.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: You bought up halo. I asked why. Hardly stupid questions unless you’re feeling particularly triggered because most people have voted that they’re not interested in the jrpg.

All you do on daily basis is ask stupid questions. Its time to stop little sealion.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 sealionact

@hardwenzen: Yup. Triggered.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Yup. Triggered.

889 viewers. Never forget that number.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By sealionact

@hardwenzen: Your taste in gaming is about as questionable as your taste in gaming headsets.

Twitch viewers don’t equal a good game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Your taste in gaming is about as questionable as your taste in gaming headsets.

Twitch viewers don’t equal a good game.

No, but Twitch viewers equal to the interest of people having toward said game. Google trends and Steam charts confirm this as well🤦‍♂️

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 sealionact

@hardwenzen: Jesus, you such a die hard deflection artist. Went from the actual subject, to Halo and Twitch.

Stay on topic.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 mrbojangles25

@ghost_of_phobos said:

@mrbojangles25: Nah bro this is like if Bach, Brahms, Beethoven and Mozart had a baby.

Now, for reals, I honestly don't care. But it is a shame, From Soft makes incredible games. There's some great games that I don't care for too, they're just not for me. And some times is timing. A great friend of mine just recently gave their games another chance and it's completely obsessed about them now. I think he even likes them more than myself.

I agree, it is a shame. As I've said many times in relation to this subject, I know a lot of people enjoy these games, I wish I was one of them.

Might give Nioh another go.

I did like SW Fallen Order though I guess that isn't hardcore enough for legit Souls-like players haha

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#69 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69483 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

I have. I wanted to like it. I just couldn't, though. I think if there was ever a Japanese game to like it was that one.

I think I Just don't like the Japanese aesthetic very much when it comes to games. It happens with anime as well, something else I really want to like but usually do not.

Mostly though I think my preferences have changed. Played plenty of Japanese games growing up in the early and mid 90's, all the staples.

I'll probably try out Elden Ring eventually when it is heavily discounted, or maybe if like a million people are like "Yo it's like Dark Souls but totally not like Dark Souls, it's easier but still fun". Didn't like any of the Dark Souls games. Didn't make it through more than a couple hours of Bloodborne. Didn't even like Nioh or The Surge 1/2.

I tried Nioh and initially I was vibing but then I just couldn't be bothered anymore. The Surge was sluggish and not fun to play. I may try The Surge 2 to see what changed in the sequel but it is low on my to play list.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

I play games to relax, not to endure endless trial-and-error.

Now if you like that, hey more power to you, not knocking it as a gameplay process.

I get you not feeling these games, all good. If that's your experience with them, yeah no fun, probably sucks.

Just think it should be said, that's not everyone's experience with them. I've seen similar comments before like "enjoy grinding away at a boss for 50+ tries" and it's like damn, yeah I probably wouldn't enjoy that either lol. That's just not how it goes for me and I'd suspect it's not like that for most Souls fans.

For me, Souls games are my chill "relax" games. Don't have to be on top of the decision making every second, no need for finessing execution, razor sharp reactions, etc. I'm just taking in the atmosphere, diggin the exploration, and enjoying the relatively simple and slow combat.

Seems for most people it's always their first Souls game that pushes them around. And it's usually just the first 5 or so hours tbh. Once it clicks, mostly smooth sailing. And of course being stat driven, never run into a hard stuck "git gud" scenario.

-

On topic, will get it eventually. Would probably roll the dice on day 1 but I'm not gaming at all right now.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Jesus, you such a die hard deflection artist. Went from the actual subject, to Halo and Twitch.

Stay on topic.

Pathetic fanboy. PATHETIC! He made a video just for you. Never forget that.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#72 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: That's true, it's all about the exploration and atmosphere for me. And yeah, my first Souls game was a disorienting experience for the first hours. I had no clue where to go, what to do or how to approach combat.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos:

Yep, I remember being bullied around 1-1 in DeS. Thinking if this is just the start I'll never get anywhere. Eventually it just clicked and I was making my way through the game at a good pace. Brutal hazing, but the game on the other side of that was well worth it.

And of course what you learn is transferrable. Never had anything near that tough of a start with Soulsborne games since.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 sealionact

@hardwenzen: Elden Ring. Not fanboy wars.

Get with the program.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Elden Ring. Not fanboy wars.

Get with the program.

I am buying it. You don't. Why? Because i am getting it and refuse to purchase what i do. Fanboyish behavior, sealionact.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 sealionact

@hardwenzen: That’s not really what happened though was it ? I said I wasn’t buying it because it’s a jrpg, and then you had a baby.

After that, it’s been mostly verbal diarrhoea with chunks of deflecting.

It’s Dark Souls. You either like it or you don’t…I’m in the majority of people who don’t like it, and you take that personally.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By hardwenzen
@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: That’s not really what happened though was it ? I said I wasn’t buying it because it’s a jrpg, and then you had a baby.

It’s Dark Souls. You either like it or you don’t…I’m in the majority of people who don’t like it, and you take that personally.

Keep telling yourself that you're the majority. Normal gamers will buy it within the first week. Hating on JRPG's (especially since this is as much of a western style rpg as it gets) and praising Infinite shouldn't even be allowed.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 sealionact

@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

Keep telling yourself that you're the majority. Normal gamers will buy it within the first week. Hating on JRPG's (especially since this is as much of a western style rpg as it gets) and praising Infinite shouldn't even be allowed.

Of course I’m in the majority. This poll gives proves that. And in before “These aren’t normal gamers” because these are the people that have answered the poll.

I don’t care if it’s westernised. It’s too bizarre to be taken seriously by me and most gamers. Floating ghost jelly fish, walking pots and awful, awful dialogue put it firmly in the jrpg for me.

You didn’t need to go there….I answered someone else’s question, and you read the riot act as usual.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#79 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Dark Souls is absolutely not a JRPG. I mean, what defines a JRPG is not if it's made in Japan but a series of design decisions that were traditional in early Japanese RPGs to which Dark Souls shares nothing with. It's more closely related with metroidvanias even than with any JRPG.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

Of course I’m in the majority. This poll gives proves that. And in before “These aren’t normal gamers” because these are the people that have answered the poll.

I don’t care if it’s westernised. It’s too bizarre to be taken seriously by me and most gamers. Floating ghost jelly fish, walking pots and awful, awful dialogue put it firmly in the jrpg for me.

You didn’t need to go there….I answered someone else’s question, and you read the riot act as usual.

Its confirmed, you have zero taste.

If a walking pot is one of the reasons why its a JRPG to you, then i understand why you weren't bothered nor ever criticized the 30fps grapple hook in Infinite and a bunch of other laughable shit that game has. You see what you want to see, and nothing else.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 sealionact

@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

Its confirmed, you have zero taste.

If a walking pot is one of the reasons why its a JRPG to you, then i understand why you weren't bothered nor ever criticized the 30fps grapple hook in Infinite and a bunch of other laughable shit that game has. You see what you want to see, and nothing else.

No more deflection Wenzen. Most people asked here aren’t interested in this game.

Accept it and move on instead of being such a silly fanboy.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 hardwenzen

@sealionact: Sorry, but i don't talk to fanboys that think that a walking pot in a fantasy rpg is what makes it a JRPG. You came up with the dumbest comment of 2022. Congrats.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 sealionact

@hardwenzen: You’re making things up again. I never said the walking pot was what made it a jrpg. It is a jrpg with a walking pot.

Stay on topic.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: You’re making things up again. I never said the walking pot was what made it a jrpg. It is a jrpg with a walking pot.

Stay on topic.

Walking pot=JRPG. That's your mentality. Pathetic.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 sealionact

@hardwenzen: System wars. Not fanboy wars.

Stay on topic.

I couldn’t care less if it was a Bulgarian rpg. Games with characters like sistermotherdaughterwife are not interesting to me or the majority of people. Fact is it’s an rpg made by Japanese devs, who have a certain style I can’t handle. The long dialogue texts just bore the handles off me, and the translations are mostly laughable.

Bores me to tears. Accept it and move on.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By hardwenzen
@sealionact said:

Stay on topic.

I couldn’t care less if it was a Bulgarian rpg. Games with characters like sistermotherdaughterwife are not interesting to me or the majority of people. Fact is it’s an rpg made by Japanese devs, who have a certain style I can’t handle. The long dialogue texts just bore the handles off me, and the translations are mostly laughable.

There is nothing to accept, you have no taste in gaming. This thread is about those who aren't buying it, and here you are trying your hardest to make a point with your "majority" in a one sided thread lol. Very dumb of you, sealionact. Have a look in my Elden Ring thread, the majority are getting it, and that's just SW. Outside of SW, everyone that's into rpg's will get it because they can clearly see that its a masterpiece in the making. Walking pot or not, Elden Ring is the kind of games that not a single MS studio would be able to reproduce.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 sealionact

@hardwenzen: Anything else to add? You will buy it, I won’t. You think it looks amazing, I don’t.

Accept it and move on.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Anything else to add? You will buy it, I won’t. You think it looks amazing, I don’t.

Accept it and move on.

I will never accept it. You must like what i do.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#89 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34613 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

Stay on topic.

There is nothing to accept, you have no taste in gaming.

Pretty brave talking about other people's taste after buying a $70 console version of BF2042.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 hardwenzen

@Litchie said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

Stay on topic.

Pretty brave talking about other people's taste after buying a $70 console version of BF2042.

I am indeed pretty brave. And at least i can tell my grandchildren that once uppon a time, i purchased BF2042, the most broken video game created on planet Earth.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 sealionact

@Litchie said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

Stay on topic.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 sealionact
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

Accept it and move on.

I must like playing a ps5 on a 1440p monitor, having a pc with no gpu and playing last gen looking games with walking pots?

I’d rather not, thank you.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

Accept it and move on.

I must like playing a ps5 on a 1440p monitor, having a pc with no gpu and playing last gen looking games with walking pots?

I’d rather not, thank you.

As a Halo Infinite enjoyer, you should never in your life mention visuals. Its just not a smart thing to do🤭🤭

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Pedro  Online

@Litchie said:
@hardwenzen said:

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50559 Posts

This 225lbs of hairy man is ready!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Pedro  Online

@Chutebox: It is funny how the weight of anyone on here never crossed my mind until now.😅

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50559 Posts

@Pedro: Meh, I picture everyone here as fat neckbeards or skinny tries to grow beards but can't 😄

But ya, all of me is ready!

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 683 Posts

@mrbojangles25: same for me. I am easily frustrated. I want relaxing games.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 mrbojangles25

@Chutebox said:

@Pedro: Meh, I picture everyone here as fat neckbeards or skinny tries to grow beards but can't 😄

But ya, all of me is ready!

Ha! Jokes on you! I'm fat and can't grow a neckbeard!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Pedro  Online

Well, since we are going down the disclosure route, I am not fat and I can grow a beard just don't like having one.😁