Who have you lost an argument to?

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts

I never lost here in System Wars.

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 The_Ish

I have never been in an argument :(Sir_Marwin

Then I'll argue the hell out of you until you lose. :x

:P

_Impmacaque_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 _Impmacaque_
Member since 2005 • 566 Posts

I don't lose, :P

Ponmop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 Ponmop
Member since 2007 • 489 Posts

i can't really recall losing an argument here, since arguments rarely end. They end up being my opinion vs your opinion and never really end up being resolved.

On other sites, about other subjects, I have won and lost arguments, and we also usually become friends afterwards. It's funny how that works out.

excelR83

Yeah, that's pretty much been my experience here, too--opinion vs. opinion stalemates.

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#55 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

I've lost many times over all the years I've posted here, and it's not something I'm afraid to admit. I look at it the same way I look at it with gaming. Losing is a valuable tool to making yourself better be it at gaming, or at debating. First you must be able to realize a lose though, and many people won't admit something so normal and useful... pride blinds them.

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 The_Ish

I've lost many times over all the years I've posted here, and it's not something I'm afraid to admit. I look at it the same way I look at it with gaming. Losing is a valuable tool to making yourself better be it at gaming, or at debating. First you must be able to realize a lose though, and many people won't admit something so normal and useful... pride blinds them.

-RPGamer-

What about me then? :| :P

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#57 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts
I never lost an arguement to anyone.
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#58 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts

i think most people dont even realize when they've gotten spanked.

JPOBS

Seriously. Some people (no names :P ) will keep going on and on after they've already lost. It just becomes tedious at that point.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts

I never lost an arguement to anyone.-Renegade

Oh.. My.. GOD!!

fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 fuzzysquash

-RPGamer-

-RPG-, I've never seen you lose. Winning the "best poster in SW" award should be a testament to that.

-Renegade, on the other hand...

Game_Addict247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 Game_Addict247
Member since 2006 • 1838 Posts

I've never gotten into too many arguments, but there was one that stands out.

It was over the importance of graphics. The person I argued withclaimed that graphics didn't matter, and brought up a sequel decidedly worse than its predecessor yet with better graphics. I argued, saying that using two different games to decide the importance of graphics is incomparable, and instead asked him if he would rather have the original version or the original version with enhanced graphics. I'm not too sure if he ever responded to that, but I made the mistake of saying "Graphics make the difference, all other things being equal". He bolded this in his response and told me to think about it. Before this response was made I had left the thread, and when I came back I saw the response. I should have mentioned that graphics had nothing to do with the sequel being worse, as it would have justified my first statement, but the thread was too far down to bother bumping. I just left it as it was.

Immortal_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#62 Immortal_Evil
Member since 2007 • 2004 Posts
I don't argue, i like to make SW look really silly though :)
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
I don't think I lose, I just accept their views
iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 iunderstand
Member since 2006 • 3201 Posts
[QUOTE="JPOBS"]

i think most people dont even realize when they've gotten spanked.

fuzzysquash

Seriously. Some people (no names :P ) will keep going on and on after they've already lost. It just becomes tedious at that point.

I admire a poster like that. The ability to be completely immune to any sort of logic or reason makes them impenetrable.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

I can't remember a lot but I know I've lost an argument to cake, primarily due to the ridiculous amount of arguments we've had. I remember I said Killzone would be out this year and detailed why so that would be 1 argument lost (and I'm sure there's more arguments I've lost against other people).

I think that would be the only argument cake has won. He lost everything else, poor dude.

EDIT: Oh right, and the GTAIV being GOTY 2007 thing...:oops:

adriancostin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66 adriancostin83
Member since 2007 • 1155 Posts
I never lost and I'll never lose an argument...but then agin I dont argue too much hehe
user_nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 user_nat
Member since 2006 • 3130 Posts

Can't really think of anything..

I just own myself with some form of information that is completly wrong quite often.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

I don't remember losing a debate, perhaps misunderstanding something when replying, but who knows.. I always apologize on thataccount.I generally don't keep track of wins and loses. Truefully I don't bet on things, I use logic assuming what I gather is generally correct, and mainly calculated assumptions. I try to debate, not to"own" on threads. I remember people quoted such terms afterwards, but it merely just debunking and fixingillogical fanboyish posts.

Usually my replies are to insert logic or merely debate on a no-win side. But like I said, who knows. I know there been times where one side brings up good valid point, but I respond with another valid point to count it, back and forth.

I probably have tho spoken something wrong out of my knowledge, and that could been a time, thou I dont know any names.. I just generally try to away from arguements, and keep with debating, but that can't always be helped.

Usually end with "agree to disagree" or sudden stopping in posting on the other side. If I did lose, you know it with a accepted nod and apogize for wrong information.

That is all.

Tsug_Ze_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69 Tsug_Ze_Wind
Member since 2006 • 9511 Posts

Couldn't think of any time that stands out. Not thatI haven't lost.Aah....I don't debate often enough.

Anyone want to claim that they've won against me?

pins_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 pins_basic
Member since 2003 • 11521 Posts

Renegade.

I would say I was winning easily untill he hit me with a "just wait till next week" (or maybe it was next month or year one of them) and I had no answer for it. I mean come on, what are you suppose to say?

fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 fuzzysquash

I can't remember a lot but I know I've lost an argument to cake, primarily due to the ridiculous amount of arguments we've had. I remember I said Killzone would be out this year and detailed why so that would be 1 argument lost (and I'm sure there's more arguments I've lost against other people).

I think that would be the only argument cake has won. He lost everything else, poor dude.

EDIT: Oh right, and the GTAIV being GOTY 2007 thing...:oops:

the-very-best

lol, that doesn't count though.

GTA IV will still be GOTY 2008 :P

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 The_Ish

Renegade.

I would say I was winning easily untill he hit me with a "just wait till next week" (or maybe it was next month or year one of them) and I had no answer for it. I mean come on, what are you suppose to say?

pins_basic

You bookmark the damn page, and if he turns out to be wrong, you post "ownage" in it and abre it all for SW to see.

Or you could realize he hasn't really won at all.

Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#73 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
I lost to Blackbond. He and I were arguing over Madden and many a time we would clash with me claiming 08 would be like 07, a hackjob rehash of Maddens past. Well, a chance came up for me to get Madden for cheap, I took it... and man was I ever wrong. That game is great. Other than that, I can't think of anything. Most of my arguments either end with the other person just not replying, with me delivering a supersized heaping of ownage, or some combination of the two.