Who do you think will win the next generation?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

Edited By Needhealing

Poll Who do you think will win the next generation? (76 votes)

Sony 50%
Nintendo 7%
Microsoft 24%
Other 20%

I know, it's crazy to think of such thing. But just imagine you'd had to make this wild prediction. Where would you money be at?

Nintendo: I honestly have no idea what gen they even fit in, assuming they launch a next gen console, Nintendo is such a mixed bag. Sometimes they hit a homerun other times they fail. I'm guessing next gen, since we had a hit with the Switch is back to the sour taste.

Microsoft: They appear to have given up on this gen, but are doing everything possible to set up the next. Gamepass, cloud console, etc... if they actually transfer that to the next gen they might be a threat. If it was a sad attempt to win ps4 gamers over then they failed hard.

Sony: I'm betting Sony learned from their arrogance with the ps3. They won't commit the same mistake twice. However, they will need to offer the same value as M$ so they must bring a cloud system and Gamepass equivalent in order to compete. However. I expect them to continue the hard first party support.

Other?: Seems hard to think, but could someone else come in the fray? Now that cloud gaming appears to be the future next or after that gen, could we see companies focusing on a cloud based gaming console? AMAZON?

• 
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44165 Posts

Me.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Sony there going to double down on gaming microsoft probably not

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Me.

Nice.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

I chose other... I want all 3 of them to sell 100 million plus because that is what is good for gaming and competition. I really could care less who wins the sales war as long as I enjoy the product and enjoy games on the platform is all I care about.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Amazon, since Jeff Bezos is the richest man in modern history

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2031 Posts

Probably Sony again. They never fail to deliver with their exclusives

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Most likely Sony. They can repeat everything hey are doing this gen and they will coast to victory next gen with PS5. Nintendo are wildcards and MS is clueless and doesn’t have the worldwide presence of the other two.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Assuming Sony stays the course, PS5 should continue what PS4 is doing.

Of course, everyone thought PS3 would continue what PS1 and PS2 started and we saw how badly that system began.

Here's hoping PS3's bad start was a lesson that will stay with Sony so as not to be repeated.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56097 Posts

In this order:

1. PC
  2. Sony
  3. Nintendo
  4. MS
Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Sony, duh.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts
@davillain- said:

In this order:

1. PC
  2. Sony
  3. Nintendo
  4. MS

Lmao. I was thinking the exact same thing!

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

I will cause I get all of the systems. They all have something great to offer, and the competition keeps them working hard. Great news all around.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56097 Posts

@dagubot said:
@davillain- said:

In this order:

1. PC
  2. Sony
  3. Nintendo
  4. MS

Heh, PC just takes all the fun away from everyone :P

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ant_17

@davillain- said:
@dagubot said:
@davillain- said:

In this order:

1. PC
  2. Sony
  3. Nintendo
  4. MS

Which is why youd don't count it.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Define "win"... do you mean who will sell the most consoles in a traditional console "generation" like past gens? If so, Probably Sony, since they are most likely only releasing a single device with the sole aim of selling as many of that device as possible.

MS on the other hand has a totally different strategy. They care more about giving people options and engaging them through multiple devices (traditional console, streaming console, Win10 PC etc). Their main aim is to get people to sign up to XBL, Game Pass and purchase software on whatever MS platform they prefer etc.

I think MS is playing a long game and are going to be in a better position in the coming years than the competition, who are still playing the same game from the past. And I don't think that strategy will work in the future.

But time will tell.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ant_17

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Define "win"... do you mean who will sell the most consoles in a traditional console "generation" like past gens? If so, Probably Sony, since they are most likely only releasing a single device with the sole aim of selling as many of that device as possible.

MS on the other hand has a totally different strategy. They care more about giving people options and engaging them through multiple devices (traditional console, streaming console, Win10 PC etc). Their main aim is to get people to sign up to XBL, Game Pass and purchase software.

The why are they making 2 versions of a next Bone?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hrt_rulz01

@Ant_17 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

MS on the other hand has a totally different strategy. They care more about giving people options and engaging them through multiple devices (traditional console, streaming console, Win10 PC etc). Their main aim is to get people to sign up to XBL, Game Pass and purchase software.

To give people more options to play how they want, on what they want.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ant_17

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Uh huh...sure it has nothing to do with them trying to start gloating over selling more Bones than Sony. Since 1 is a cheap streambox. Or an overpriced streambox, since steam link is 2 bucks now.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts
@Archangel3371 said:

Me.

Are you 16K? Are you 240 Hz? Are you 24bit UHDR? Are you Hyper-VR? Are you Multiversal Augmented Reality (MAR)?

You haven't won anything yet! ?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hrt_rulz01

@Ant_17 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Uh huh...sure it has nothing to do with them trying to start gloating over selling more Bones than Sony. Since 1 is a cheap streambox. Or an overpriced streambox, since steam link is 2 bucks now.

Your fanboy sh*t is exhausting.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ant_17

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Your fanboy sh*t is exhausting.

And your fanboy sh*t is weak.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hrt_rulz01

@Ant_17: Um, not sure what fanboy sh*t you're referring too but whatevs dude.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ant_17

@hrt_rulz01 said:

"My Bone will win with engagment" Sh*t.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hrt_rulz01

@Ant_17 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

"My Bone will win with engagment" Sh*t.

I didn't say that... but hey, keep trying :)

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

MS on the other hand has a totally different strategy. They care more about giving people options and engaging them through multiple devices (traditional console, streaming console, Win10 PC etc). Their main aim is to get people to sign up to XBL, Game Pass and purchase software on whatever MS platform they prefer etc.

I think MS is playing a long game and are going to be in a better position in the coming years than the competition, who are still playing the same game from the past. And I don't think that strategy will work in the future.

But time will tell.

Then it'd be a good idea if they started making games, wouldn't it?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hrt_rulz01

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

But time will tell.

5 new studios will help :)

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44165 Posts

@AdobeArtist: Ok, you got me. I am none of those things. I now hang my head in shame. ?

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NathanDrakeSwag

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

But time will tell.

I wouldn't expect much from Compulsion or Undead Labs.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hrt_rulz01

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

But time will tell.

Why? People (not me) love State of Decay, and I think We Happy Few looks cool (and I thought Contrast was cool too).

And in any case, past games don't necessarily reflect future games :)

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NathanDrakeSwag

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

But time will tell.

Why? People (not me) love State of Decay, and I think We Happy Few looks cool (and I thought Contrast was cool too).

Contrast was awful. It was a free PS+ game at the start of this gen and I couldn't play more than 20 mins.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#32 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

Fortnites Battle Royale console, featuring exclusive seasons only playable on the FortBoxStation U, featuring annual subscriptions, lootboxes, and MORE BATTTTTLE ROYYAAAAALLLLLE!!

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Contrast was awful. It was a free PS+ game at the start of this gen and I couldn't play more than 20 mins.

Guerrilla Games consisted of a bunch of third rate Halo knockoff games before HZD.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

Other: Gamers (hopefully).

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hrt_rulz01

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Ok... each to their own.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@Ant_17 said:
@davillain- said:
@dagubot said:
@davillain- said:

In this order:

1. PC
  2. Sony
  3. Nintendo
  4. MS

Which is why youd don't count it.

Yeah so lets not count Manchester City in predicting whos going to win the Premier League.

We shouldn't count Celtic when predicting whos going to win the Scottish SPL, my bet is on Aberdeen.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hrt_rulz01

@babyjoker1221: Exactly.

With MS's backing now, who knows what these studios will produce. Especially studios like Ninja Theory.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NathanDrakeSwag

@babyjoker1221 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Guerrilla Games consisted of a bunch of third rate Halo knockoff games before HZD.

I didn't like Horizon either. GG is my least favorite Sony studio.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Because you all unrelentingly poked the Mighty Bear (MS) this entire gen, it's already a forgone conclusion that MS is poised to mop the floor with both Phony and Nintendont next gen and we'll be lucky if MS allows them to survive because we need competition in the VG market.

Trust me, I know these things. lol :P

EuNsickWolF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 EuNsickWolF
Member since 2018 • 21 Posts

Sony will win again.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#42  Edited By KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

Unless Sony messes up and releases a trash console, of course they will win. Console wars is boring now and dead.

Sony gonna start with smash hit Horizon 2 and bunch of movie games and semi movie games. Quantic Dreams will release another movie, Naughty will release a SJW agenda cinematic game... Santa Monica will milk God of War with another cinematic game, bring Kratos i guess to Egypt or something, they running out of ideas the game is getting milked so much. While most people will continue playing the dumb trend games... Call of Duty 7 and Fortnite... zzzzzzzz i just keep buying remasters and remakes on PS4 lol.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#43  Edited By Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2949 Posts

I think the most obvious thing that will happen next gen is Microsoft wins by a landslide and Sony completely goes out of business.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34607 Posts

Sony has it easy and just needs to continue doing what they do to sell the most.

Microsoft needs to get their shit together.

Nintendo is the wild card. They can get fucked or they get filthy rich, you never know which.

As for generations, isn't it just easier to say they all have their own generation?
Nintendo is in their 7th, Sony is in their 4th and MS is in their 3rd.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Only Nintendo has a next gen system right now, so Nintendo wins :P

(honestly, I think it makes no sense talking about systems that we haven't seen yet)

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Sony has already won 4 gens in a row in terms of game library. I don’t see that ever changing.

If you are a gamer, you buy PlayStation.

Microsoft has never won a gen in history and never will. Always second place or last.

Nintendo just sucks. Cheap/lazy no effort ports.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Hahahahahaha, quite a few people voted for Microsoft.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Depends if sony has bc and what titles they both offer at release. While sony has a high chance i can see ms easily beating sony if they play their cards right

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts

@KillzoneSnake:

I think that my blood pressure went up due to the massive salt in your post lol.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Sony will win as they have the biggest fan base MS will probably push them a lot closer next gen when the new studios get to grips with the hardware. Don't see Nintendo in the conversation as they just do what they do. Next gen has never appealed to them since the 64.