Who are your top 5 least fav developers?

• 53 results
Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24922 Posts

Hello friends,

So there is a thread about best or fav developers. in this thread we discuss our top 5 developers that are our least fav or worst.

heres mine

1. Crystal Dynamics
  2. Machine Games
  3. DICE
  4. Ubisoft
  5. CD Projekt

so what are the 5 developers you find worst or they least fav?

lets discuss

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts
  • Phil Fish (Good game developer wasted his potential on being a knob head)
  • Zoe Quinn (Mediocre game developer who got attention for being a knob head)
  • Whoever made Gone Home (garbage)
  • Modern Bioware (arrogant, garbage, cringey, EA's whore)
  • Crytek (Good developer, thought their shit smelt of roses, betrayed everyone who supported them)

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Platinum games

Dice

Activision

Rare

Atlus

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#4 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Valve

Id Software

4A Games

GSC Game World

IO Interactive

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

Am I the only one that doesn't keep these kind of lists?

I just try and enjoy games for what they are and not get all weird over some grudge I hold over a dev because a game wasn't exactly as I wanted it to be.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ghosts4ever

@princessgomez92 said:

Valve

Id Software

4A Games

GSC Game World

IO Interactive

lol princess. why you are trolling me?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 uninspiredcup
@boycie said:

I just try and enjoy games for what they are and not get all weird over some grudge I hold over a dev because a game wasn't exactly as I wanted it to be.

Carry one in my pocket on a chance this thread might pop up.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts
@boycie said:

this place seems to get off on negativity. I don't keep these lists either. I don't really rank games or devs in a positive way either - of course I have things that are my favorite and they surely influence future purchasing decisions, but I don't sit down and try to rank them and reflect on it too much. I just want to blow off steam and play some games. When they do a good job at that they make me happy, when they fail to deliver what i'd hoped for I get annoyed.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Hello friends,

Hello Yourself.

Okay okay, I'll play you're little thread. My top 5 least favorite developers are:

1. Valve
  2. Blizzard
  3. 343 Industry
  4. Dice
  5. Capcom

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 uninspiredcup
@xantufrog said:
@boycie said:

this place seems to get off on negativity. I don't keep these lists either. I don't really rank games or devs in a positive way either - of course I have things that are my favorite and they surely influence future purchasing decisions, but I don't sit down and try to rank them and reflect on it too much. I just want to blow off steam and play some games. When they do a good job at that they make me happy, when they fail to deliver what i'd hoped for I get annoyed.

That's abit unfair. He started off with a "favorite" list. Granted, it was the exact same games he's been banging on about for about, 10 years. But it was positive.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

I guess Naughty Dog. They could be seen as the pioneer of modern overly cinematic games. Sony Santa Monica for following suit and making Dad of War.

From Software - Souls genre.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

Let me think..

Crytek (started great, quickly turned to shit when they decided to do stuff for consoles)
Valve (absolutely love their work, hate them for abandoning the work)
Ubisoft (love their Rayman games, hate their inability to improve their other shit)
DICE (they fucked up Battlefield greatly to cater to consoles, and no improvement is in sight)

@boycie said:

That's the more healthy thing to do. But here's my take: Take Crytek for example. When a dev has made shit I enjoy immensely, then decides to go "hey, we'll dumb down everything from our past work and try to get those console sales", Litchie gets angry. Sure, I could go "oh well, I'll just play other games I'd enjoy instead then, lalala ♪", but I miss the shit I enjoyed and wanted more of it. When the dev is also acting like nothing has become worse, but in fact even better, it's rubbing salt in the wounds, like they hope gamers are too dumb to see that that isn't the case. It's not a cool thing to do to fans, so I think the negativity they receive for it is warranted.

Like your favourite snacks starting to taste like shit all of a sudden because they thought they could remove 70% of the spices to earn more money. It's annoying.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

I dunno.....

• Naughty Dog. Bring back the platformers! I don't like the games they make these days.
  • Bioware is shit. I used to like them but they are shit. All they had to do was make a good Dragon Age sequel and they royally fucked it up more than I would have though possible. Way to go guys, you're trash devs now.

Oh yeah and anything EA, Activation, and the like for practices that actively make the gaming industry a worse place. Blizzard is doing it too. I'm referring to the psycho-battery they employ to push micro-transactions and loot boxes. It's not right!

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 robert_sparkes

Capcom would have joined the list but they have redeened themselves recently.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

Let me think..

Crytek (started great, quickly turned to shit when they decided to do stuff for consoles)

Valve (absolutely love their work, hate them for abandoning the work)

Ubisoft (love their Rayman games, hate their inability to improve their other shit)

DICE (they fucked up Battlefield greatly to cater to consoles, and no improvement is in sight)

@boycie said:

That's the more healthy thing to do. But here's my take: Take Crytek for example. When a dev has made shit I enjoy immensely, then decides to go "hey, we'll dumb down everything from our past work and try to get those console sales", Litchie gets angry. Sure, I could go "oh well, I'll just play other games I'd enjoy instead then, lalala ♪", but I miss the shit I enjoyed and wanted more of it. When the dev is also acting like nothing has become worse, but in fact even better, it's rubbing salt in the wounds, like they hope gamers are too dumb to see that that isn't the case. It's not a cool thing to do to fans, so I think the negativity they receive for it is warranted.

Like your favourite snacks starting to taste like shit all of a sudden because they thought they could remove 70% of the spices to earn more money. It's annoying.

Crytek lost the sales instead. crysis 3 was commercial failure and lead to almost bankruptcy of crytek. since then they have not made any AAA games.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

1. Rockstar - very uncommucative
2. Valve - Doesn't make games anymore
3. Blizzard - Some very weird choices like AO-DRM for Diablo III and removing 21:9 support from their games because it's cheating
4. Activision - I really don't like the way they make games, they don't seem to invest anything in this industry, just try to suck everything out of it

DICE, Ubisoft, MachineGames and CD Project Red are actually among my favourites.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts
@robert_sparkes said:

Totally. Monster Hunter World is awesome and the Resident Evil 2 remake looks sweet. RE7 is probably good as well, haven't played it myself though.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:
@robert_sparkes said:

Totally. Monster Hunter World is awesome and the Resident Evil 2 remake looks sweet. RE7 is probably good as well, haven't played it myself though.

RE7 is easily the best in series. and only RE game that i bother to finish. i was so bored of any of previous games.

capcom is much better today than last gen.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By robert_sparkes

Absolutely i must admit I lost faith in capcom and thought they were in serious danger of becoming a has been dev. Been a breath of fresh air this gen long may it continue. Another dev I worry for is konami unless they get some quality out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

2K Sports - For sucking out all of the fun that wrestling games used to have before they got the license.

Ubisoft - For being the a**holes that started the trend of not including manuals with games anymore.

Naughty Dog - Because they used to make great games, but now they only make movies and I blame them the most for making movie-games such a big thing this generation.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@boycie said:

Carry one in my pocket on a chance this thread might pop up.

Yea, was gonna say I don't think anyone 'keeps a list'. He asked and they come up with stuff off the top of their head. Not a tough concept to grasp really....but looking at that avatar, maybe it is.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

@princessgomez92 said:

Valve

Id Software

4A Games

GSC Game World

IO Interactive

Second.

And OP, how the fck can you dislike CDproject red?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15919 Posts

1. Team sonic. The team been doing sonic for ages but haven't got one right for decades before sonic generations... They fked up again after sonic generation....

2. Various Indies dev. I think some indie dev are just plain overrated.

3. Valve. They are not a game studio anymore

4. Sony japan studio. Where is the JRPGs sony? Wild arms, legends of dragoon? Get cozy with square and konami and poach their jrpg!

5. Nintendo EAD. Or whatever studio that churn out mario titles every year.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ghosts4ever

@knight-k said:
@princessgomez92 said:

Valve

Id Software

4A Games

GSC Game World

IO Interactive

Second.

because thier games are overrated and gameplay absolutely suck. the combat suck and just click, click, click.

witcher 3 is most overrated game of this gen. witcher 1 absolutely suck but it was fist attempt. witcher 2 was ok. better than others but again combat suck.

when developers cant make game with atleast decent gameplay and combat. i cant praise them.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

Wow, not a single mention of EA?

lol

Anyway, I rate games on a case by case basis, I only pay attention to a game company if they make a game I think is really really good or lol bad.

With that said, Project CD Red is a dev team I look at with a lot skepticism because of their past projects.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#30 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

@princessgomez92 said:

Valve

Id Software

4A Games

GSC Game World

IO Interactive

You beat me to it. LOL

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Whoops, I thought it was favorite not least favorite.

Hm... I generally dislike Rockstar and Ubisoft games.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#32 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:
@knight-k said:
@princessgomez92 said:

Valve

Id Software

4A Games

GSC Game World

IO Interactive

Second.

because thier games are overrated and gameplay absolutely suck. the combat suck and just click, click, click.

witcher 3 is most overrated game of this gen. witcher 1 absolutely suck but it was fist attempt. witcher 2 was ok. better than others but again combat suck.

when developers cant make game with atleast decent gameplay and combat. i cant praise them.

Stop using fisstech kiddo:

Witcher 3's gameplay is best in the series. I like all Witcher games but UI was the worst in Witcher 2. Witcher 1 was a great old school Computer RPG. Witcher 3 was evolution of Witcher 1 with Witcher 2's storytelling. UI is excellent especially after Game of the year edition. They redesigned everything and it's top notch. The only game that comes close to Witcher 3's UI is Prey Reboot. "Click click click click" that's what you do with mouse. You wanted to use microwave oven instead of mouse and piano instead of keyboard. Such a hypocrite and confused person you are.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#33 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Any random developers riding Battle Royal, F2P, Survival Early Access etc type of hype train without putting an effort into their games.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Konami

Activision

UBI Soft

Square Enix

EA

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ghosts4ever

@Cloud_imperium said:

Witcher 3's gameplay is best in the series.

wow thats an incredible achievement. obviously witcher 3 gameplay is best in series because gameplay in 1 is AWFUL!! and 2 is so so. that doesnot make it good. its still mediocre.

the problem with witcher 3 is boring open world with long traveling with lengthy and boring dialogues that sometimes make it feel like its a talking simulator. I tolerate TW2 only because of its structure. not because of combat. althought TW2 has better controlling where as TW3 control like crap. movement is almost tank like. its design for controller in mind rather than KB/M.

otherwise i respect your opinion my friend.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

@princessgomez92 said:

Valve

Id Software

4A Games

GSC Game World

IO Interactive

Lmao. Was gonna say the same thing.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ghosts4ever

@tgob89 said:

lol

Anyway, I rate games on a case by case basis, I only pay attention to a game company if they make a game I think is really really good or lol bad.

With that said, Project CD Red is a dev team I look at with a lot skepticism because of their past projects.

They are publisher. but i did mention DICE. i mean how come people still support them after how awful star wars battlefront been. microtransaction, how terrible BFV looks like.

them and i also forgot to mention bioware. another highly overrated developer. made games with bad gameplay and dumbed down RPG elements. whole mass effect trilogy are gears of war with dialogues system. ie waste of time.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts
@boycie said:

I don't either. I'm not a fan of developers, so I don't care about this.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

Hello friends,

So there is a thread about best or fav developers. in this thread we discuss our top 5 developers that are our least fav or worst.

heres mine

1. Crystal Dynamics - You hate TR games
  2. Machine Games
  3. DICE
  4. Ubisoft - You hate farcry and assassin's creed games
  5. CD Projekt - You hate RPGs

so what are the 5 developers you find worst or they least fav?

lets discuss

another "look at all these games I don't like" thread from ghosts. *Yawn*

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

@Yams1980: Wow, that sounds great !

That's exactly what I wanted, as I only played Starcraft singleplayer, which makes the cheating argument all the more moot.

I have Starcraft II on battle.net app. Can you guide me through downpatching the game so I can revert back to an older (21:9) supporting version ? :)

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#42 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

Activision, EA, Ubisoft, Dylan & Dylan

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts
@tgob89 said:

That's what I was thinking. I mostly agree with whoever said making a list of devs you hate isn't constructive, but I just don't even know how EA is still a company. It seems like all they ever do is buy other successful studios, churn out lesser-quality sequels to the games that made those studios famous in the first place, and somehow turn a profit despite everybody disliking the games more after they get involved. Seriously, this has been going on pretty much since I got into gaming.

Also, I hate SK because they made awesome proof of concept demos and then completely botched the actual games. But they're gone now, so I guess they don't count.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 robert_sparkes

EA have annoyed me in recent years almost cant be repaired after what they did to the star wars franchise.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

@xantufrog said:
@boycie said:

This. I cannot even think of 5 developers that I like least at all....I cannot even name 1 that I think about no liking too much. SE irritates me sometimes, but then they brought me Octopath Traveler and I got all happy again!

Life is too good to be mad at a developer too long. Just sit back and enjoy all the amazing games out there! Wahoo!

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Bethesda

DICE

Bioware

I dunno about a 5th. I can't think of any other dev that comes close to being as shit as those 4.

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

1. Bohemia- Dayz really could've been something special. They dropped the ball so hard on that one. Incompetent.

2. Wildcard- They released Ark in early access. Instead of using the money to further complete the game, they used it to make an expansion that they charged more money for. Greedy.

3. Naughty Dog- They're just kind of a scandalous company overall. Stories of them screwing over employees, terrible crunch, stealing assets from Assasins Creed, etc... Theyre also largely responsible for the kind of games Sony puts out these days. Other studios are basically given ND's toolset, and told to copy their formula.

4. EA- They don't innovate Madden at all. They've largely wasted the Star Wars contract that they signed, and they need to give UFC a rest, and give me some Fightnight.

5. Frontier- They had something really special with Elite Dangerous. Once upon a time, they were working towards implementing space legs. Instead, they made Jurassic World, and left ED to die on the vine. With proper dedication, ED could've been the closest thing to what Star Citizen promised to be.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: You forgot to put down R* as your number 1.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#49 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

@boycie said:

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@boycie: You're not alone, I mifmght not like a developer or company, lets say EA, but if they make a game,or games I want to play Ill gladly buy them and play them. I dont hold weird childish grudges like Ghost.