White Knight Chronicles Famitsu 29/40

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts

Coming from a source who love their JRPG's, this is a very dissapointing score. Why can't I play some decent RPG on the PS3 :(

Avatar image for ps3_owns_360Wii
ps3_owns_360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 ps3_owns_360Wii
Member since 2008 • 2289 Posts
why are you late to the party:?
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
welcome to one month ago :)
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Oh dear, that's not good news.

Looks like WKC could be a flop.

Damn.

L_Samax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 L_Samax
Member since 2009 • 50 Posts
What happened to Level 5
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
dude this ancient news. From people on the WKC bords it sounds like the same level 5 formula. Fun everything els,but not great story. Ill still get it.
Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts

Damn.

Floppy_Jim
Yeah expect it not to sell all that much on release in Japan as well.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Chalk up another flop for the PS3Mkavanaugh77

Yea cause americans and japanese review are the same score:roll:.

L_Samax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 L_Samax
Member since 2009 • 50 Posts

[QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]Chalk up another flop for the PS3finalfantasy94

Yeah but Famitsu usually gives rpg higher scores then american reviewers do Look at blue dragon at famitsu and then look at it over here
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#11 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
They are so incosistent that I can't trust them, and this is old news.
Fire-of-Njozi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fire-of-Njozi
Member since 2009 • 468 Posts
Not a good start. But I must admit to being extremely unimpressed by the combat engine. Combo videos made me want to barf.
PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PrimusGears
Member since 2008 • 1594 Posts

why are you late to the party:?ps3_owns_360Wii

another flop for the PS3....

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Floppy_Jim
[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]

Damn.

carlisledavid79

The way I see it, it'll be lucky to sell 100,000 in the first week of release in Japan. That's way below expectations.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Giancar
[QUOTE="carlisledavid79"][QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]

Damn.

Floppy_Jim

The way I see it, it'll be lucky to sell 100,000 in the first week of release in Japan. That's way below expectations.

I have "Teh Crystall Ball" :shock: It will sell more than 300k copies by end of January quote me if you want!
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Floppy_Jim
[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"] Yeah expect it not to sell all that much on release in Japan as well.Giancar

I have "Teh Crystall Ball" :shock: It will sell more than 300k copies by end of January quote me if you want!

Wtf?? :lol: Come on man, we all know PS3 games don't sell. I do have to admire the extreme optimism of PlayStation fans. :)

Avatar image for foreverflame890
foreverflame890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#17 foreverflame890
Member since 2008 • 551 Posts
Damn that sucks.:D...For some reason i can't stop smiling.:D:D
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Giancar
[QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"] The way I see it, it'll be lucky to sell 100,000 in the first week of release in Japan. That's way below expectations.Floppy_Jim

Wtf?? :lol: Come on man, we all know PS3 games don't sell. I do have to admire the extreme optimism of PlayStation fans. :)

you'll see grrr :x
johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

last remnant got 38/40 and IU got 32/40

this game looks to be a flop

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Floppy_Jim
[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"][QUOTE="Giancar"] I have "Teh Crystall Ball" :shock: It will sell more than 300k copies by end of January quote me if you want!Giancar

Yeah, Just Wait, right? :lol:
tarzanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tarzanell
Member since 2006 • 1503 Posts
[QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]

Floppy_Jim

Reading this conversation is making my brain shrink :S On topic, you never know how it will score in the west, but 29/40 is too low to ignore imo.
redCloudJ7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 redCloudJ7
Member since 2007 • 1004 Posts
1. This is ancient news.. 2. Famitsu has zero credibility. 3. White Knight will probably flop. The animation is awful. The combat looks dull. And the story looks very cliched.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Giancar
[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"][QUOTE="Giancar"] you'll see grrr :xtarzanell

Reading this conversation is making my brain shrink :S On topic, you never know how it will score in the west, but 29/40 is too low to ignore imo.

Sarcarsm posting FTW :P
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts
[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]Chalk up another flop for the PS3L_Samax

Yeah but Famitsu usually gives rpg higher scores then american reviewers do Look at blue dragon at famitsu and then look at it over here

Yeah, old school turn-based RPGs like Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. WKC isn't like that.

eklineage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 eklineage
Member since 2008 • 2413 Posts

am i missing something here? 1. TC doesn't have a ps3.

2. He has not played the game.

3. Honestly? now we r going by famitsu scores? cough mass effect.

Plz ppl...if u guys r gonna bash...do it right

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#26 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
[QUOTE="redCloudJ7"]1. This is ancient news.. 2. Famitsu has zero credibility. 3. White Knight will probably flop. The animation is awful. The combat looks dull. And the story looks very cliched.

Yeah, Famitsu usually overrates JRPGs, but not this one for some reason. Sorry cows, this could be another flop.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Coming from a source who love their JRPG's, this is a very dissapointing score. Why can't I play some decent RPG on the PS3 :(

fenwickhotmail
One of the many unknown oddities of the universe.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
Level 5 has a flawless streak as far as I'm concerned, not expecting it to be an epic RPG, but at least rogue galaxy level.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#29 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts
What!? 29/40 is an average of 7.25 out of 10. You said "decent," not "amazing." If you are going off of what this one review says, which you are, then it is decent. :?
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 obamanian
Member since 2008 • 3351 Posts

fenwickhotmail

Considering i bought a PS3 mainly for WKC, i am deeply dissapointed too that Level 5 chose to go the generic, repeatitive way, away from the usual JRPG formula, and rush the game which has mediocre visuals and design because of that imo, just to make Sony happy, with a christmas release and have that online mode

The game for me is very mediocre looking visually, very generic in level design and art and extremely boring/repeatitve from all the noumerous videos and direct feed videos i have seen

It is also one of the worst scoring JRPGs in Japan, by both Famitsu and users, which just makes me even more sad, since it was one of my main PS3 RPG's back when it was revealed with the fake video, now i will probably rent it, or skip it altogether

aflakian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 aflakian
Member since 2008 • 1557 Posts
The sarcasm in this thread went over my head at first. I get it now. :D
Renjinrezo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Renjinrezo
Member since 2006 • 777 Posts
[QUOTE="fenwickhotmail"]

obamanian

Considering i bought a PS3 mainly for WKC, i am deeply dissapointed too that Level 5 chose to go the generic, repeatitive way, away from the usual JRPG formula, and rush the game which has mediocre visuals and design because of that imo, just to make Sony happy, with a christmas release and have that online mode

The game for me is very mediocre looking visually, very generic in level design and art and extremely boring/repeatitve from all the noumerous videos and direct feed videos i have seen

It is also one of the worst scoring JRPGs in Japan, by both Famitsu and users, which just makes me even more sad, since it was one of my main PS3 RPG's back when it was revealed with the fake video, now i will probably rent it, or skip it altogether

I think you're being way too trust worthy to one review source when in fact reviews are meant as guidelines for players to see which game is good, hence the reason why I used "guidelines", in other words "wait for more reviews before stating trivial self-proclaimed comments about how the game sucks". In that regard your reason for buying a product is mostly fictious. Also, the way you praise famitsu is really weird, because famitsu isn't always on the mark with reviews.

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 obamanian
[QUOTE="obamanian"][QUOTE="fenwickhotmail"]

Renjinrezo

I think you're being way too trust worthy to one review source when in fact reviews are meant as guidelines for players to see which game is good, hence the reason why I used "guidelines", in other words "wait for more reviews before stating trivial self-proclaimed comments about how the game sucks". In that regard your reason for buying a product is mostly fictious. Also, the way you praise famitsu is really weird, because famitsu isn't always on the mark with reviews.

User reviews are very mediocre too, and i have seen direct feed gameplay which seemed like one of the most boring and generic RPG's i have seen this generation, the visuals were mediocre too, so it all adds up, it is not just Famitsu score, it is just that i had a hope there were some qualities in the game not shown in those videos i have seen, which sadly after those scores does not seem to be the case

In fact it seems worst than i though, epsecially a few years back

Abicus7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Abicus7
Member since 2007 • 2009 Posts
maybe it would of scored higher if it had "Final Fantasy" in the title.. oh well, this game may not look amazing but it looks worthy of a play through.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#36 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Didn't this game already sell a lot of copies? Just goes to show you scores don't matter.
Renjinrezo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Renjinrezo
[QUOTE="Renjinrezo"][QUOTE="obamanian"][QUOTE="fenwickhotmail"]

obamanian

Oh reaally... I guess your expectations are just too high, either that or you're trying to spin around what a game is. Regardless the game is pretty good compared to other rpgs. It has ups and downs, but overall the game served it's purpose as entertainment for me.
Graphics are decent and they really aren't the main focus of the game, so I don't see any reason for you to bash it's graphics. Immersion is there, and the story that you are exposed is pretty Level 5 standard, so no real problems there.
In my opinion, you are hiding behind a barrier of lies(More specific, you're not honest when you stated your opinion). I can give many examples why you're not honest, but frankly- I don't see the point in lecturing somebody over the internet. I will rest my case here, and I will say directly "I am afraid I will have to disagree with all your points, deeming them quite irrational".

For all your points I can raise the same amount, so it's just not worth the time. Such a thing is depressing when somebody who tries to pull down a games value, because of the user preferance.

"Play the game, then judge it", though I doubt it will change your opinion, since you don't do anything beside bash new games or sequels for a different console that you don't favor.

PS. All games can be downplayed if you're a fanboy, regardless of quality.

malkiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#38 malkiko
Member since 2008 • 189 Posts

Didn't this game already sell a lot of copies? Just goes to show you scores don't matter.siLVURcross

It sold about 300,000 copies in Japan.

As for Famitsu, I am told that the Japanese do not take Famitsu seriously. It is not a gaming magazine known for its scores, but for exclusive information.

Renjinrezo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Renjinrezo

[QUOTE="siLVURcross"]Didn't this game already sell a lot of copies? Just goes to show you scores don't matter.malkiko

It sold about 300,000 copies in Japan.

As for Famitsu, I am told that the Japanese do not take Famitsu seriously. It is not a gaming magazine known for its scores, but for exclusive information.

Technically it serves as both, so it's not a mistake to read famitsu reviews. Sometimes they do tend to go overboard.
The game sales are somewhat determined by bbs which is a forum for people who want to share their opinions without engaging in bashing contests(of course there those types of sites too, but they are regarded as notorious and disgusting by the majority). Also commercials and company fame is a big issue in these situations.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
Game didn't look very good to be honest
Benevolentbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

#43 Benevolentbob
Member since 2007 • 1178 Posts
Never thought this game would turn outafter I watched a gameply video.
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts

i called flop on this after the first trailer.

think i'll be proven right.

game_masta14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 game_masta14
Member since 2005 • 3251 Posts
[QUOTE="eklineage"][QUOTE="obamanian"][QUOTE="fenwickhotmail"]

This guy is labwarrior from GT forums. I thought I found it strange that you would keep trolling the wkc threads there. The guy also links all of his "proof" to this guy's thread of 360 games of 2009. Dude you try too hard. You even talk the same. I know for a fact you don't have a ps3. Lol @ u.

Yeah I had a feeling this was labwarrior by looking at his sig the evidence adds up.
Avatar image for ps3_owns_360Wii
ps3_owns_360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ps3_owns_360Wii
Member since 2008 • 2289 Posts

[QUOTE="ps3_owns_360Wii"]why are you late to the party:?PrimusGears

another flop for the PS3....

that sold incredibility well

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
wow thats lower than expected, FF XIII will be our savior
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 obamanian

wow thats lower than expected, FF XIII will be our saviornaruto7777

Frankly i was expecting a 35/40 at the very least by Famitsu, this score is unbelievable

It has been scored lower than all next gen JRPGs, even lower than Infinite undiscovery

leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 leadernator
Member since 2003 • 9064 Posts

There's nothing wrong with Level 5.

It's just like how they were last gen. The first dark cloud sucked, since they weren't able to figure out the hardware.

I'm sure level 5's next game will be amazing. I'm still looking forward to WKC, it will be decent at least.

St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts
Yeah I know it's VGchartz and their crap and all, but they have it pegged as having sold 310K already as of Jan 11th. Plus Media Centre or whatever they are called have also confirmed this saying it has sold basically the same as what VGchartz said it has, with very little difference, maybe 2k or so but nothing much. So sales wise not a flop and until it gets reviewed over here it's not a flop either because it could just be that one of game Famitsu didn't like much but everyone else liked, or vice versa, Blue Dragon and Last Remnant anyone?