WHINING SONIC FANS take Sonic 4 complaints to new lows

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts
Sega just can't catch a break, can they? Maybe they should take a break from complaining and actually...you know, give the game a chance when it comes out.
Avatar image for Arbiterisl33t69
Arbiterisl33t69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 Arbiterisl33t69
Member since 2009 • 2542 Posts

I feel people are overly hard on sonic games. Secret rings wasn't bad, neither were the non-HD versions of unleashed. Adventure 1 and 2 were also great. They weren't classic Sonic but they weren't crap.

Pixel-Pirate
I hated Secret Rings but for some reason I didn't find Unleashed that bad, even the 360 version. And Adventure 1 is an amazing game, didn't realize it was hated on so much around here
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
These people are idiots. They've played absolute crap for like 10 years and when they finally get something that looks half decent they complain?
CaptainHarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#54 CaptainHarley
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

how to improve sonic games:

1) stop making them

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
These people are idiots. They've played absolute crap for like 10 years and when they finally get something that looks half decent they complain?bobbetybob
And they might still be playing absolute crap come later this year. As many others have said in this thread, just becuase it's a Sonic sidescoller, doesn't mean it will be good.
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts
[QUOTE="bobbetybob"]These people are idiots. They've played absolute crap for like 10 years and when they finally get something that looks half decent they complain?Silent-Hal
And they might still be playing absolute crap come later this year. As many others have said in this thread, just becuase it's a Sonic sidescoller, doesn't mean it will be good.

I don't necessarily have much faith in Sonic 4 to be honest, but I think these whining fans that are saying they're going to buy Sonic 1 on the release date are sort of putting the wagon ahead of the horse.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Wow that's weird. They finally get a 2d sequel to the GOOD Sonic games and respond by going nuts? Strange. What exactly do they want?

I feel people are overly hard on sonic games. Secret rings wasn't bad, neither were the non-HD versions of unleashed. Adventure 1 and 2 were also great. They weren't classic Sonic but they weren't crap.

Pixel-Pirate
O god I hated Secret Rings! Though Unleashed daytime was good fun but Werehog was failure on so many levels.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#58 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

The Sonic fanbase the most divided fanbase out there even more than Zelda,Resident Evil and Call of Duty.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#59 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

wow...sonic has gone back to sidescrolling and STILL they complain

WTF?

sure the animation's speed is off, but that can be fixed...even if it doesn't, whatever the end product of sonic 4 is will be WAY better than anything sega has done with sonic in the past 10 years

CDUB316

I have no complains this time. Sonic 4 looks amazing

Well, my only complain is that episodic part. :|

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts
He has a point, I think hes refering more to the World than the gameplay..... Sonic 1,2,3 & Knuckles levels/world was much better than the copy n paste generic crap that was sonic rush...
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="CDUB316"]

WTF?

sure the animation's speed is off, but that can be fixed...even if it doesn't, whatever the end product of sonic 4 is will be WAY better than anything sega has done with sonic in the past 10 years

Huh? Episodic? Dam thought it was a single game like Megaman 9 or Braid or whatever :(
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#62 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="CDUB316"]

WTF?

locopatho

Huh? Episodic? Dam thought it was a single game like Megaman 9 or Braid or whatever :(

Yeah, the vids say "episode1". Im not sure how will that work...

bobderwood97_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 bobderwood97_1
Member since 2003 • 964 Posts

I am a sonic fan and I do not feel that way. The only things that bugged me from that vid was his running animation, the game has some bugs (which is normal for now), the music didn't seem quite as good as the classic sonic music and the fact that the game only has 4 levels... plus the special stage screen looks like it is going to be like the sonic 1 style special stage which was my least favorite. Still, hese are all fairly minor complaints for now though.

On the plus side the level design didn't seem too bad and the gameplay looked similar to classic style sonic which is a very good thing. I don't really know what those guys are getting all riled up over, it seems fine for now.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
Its failure to me Knuckles isnt in it. Overall Sonic games have been lousy since the Dreamcast era so why not a boycott those games instead of this?!
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

HA! I want Sonic Rush HD :P

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

[QUOTE="CDUB316"]

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]Who can really blame them, honestly? Sonic games have repeatedly been crap lately, I can't blame people who won't get excited for a new Sonic game. A lot of people probably feel like they'd be setting themselves up to get disappointed.Skittles_McGee

yea, but they petition past games because they weren't side scrollers....and NOW it is a SS....so why in the hell are they whining?

I don't think it was just the sidescrolling. I mean Sonic Adventure was awesome. It was just the actual quality of the game. And in that aspect I can't blame anyone for not getting excited.

I wanted a new Sonic Adventure quality game over a new 2D platformer, I mean I've played all the old Sonic games so much, a 2D platformer would be better than a new collosal failure like Sonic PS3/360 or Unleashed, but I'd really like a new SA title more than anything else..

People said "oh if you want a good sonic experiance, play the handheld ones!" and I did not enjoy them.. could not get into them, even thoguh they were 2D platformers.

Also screw this episodic crap.

Darth_DuMas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Darth_DuMas
Member since 2006 • 2687 Posts

I don't think there's any reason to boycott. But i've always wondered why Sega got rid of that spining leg animation while Sonic's running. I used to like that about Sonic in the old games, I thought it was sort of part of the character. Kind of iconic if you will.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

Bah, let them complain. I, on the other hand, can hardly wait for a new 2D Sonic game... I was so happy when this was announced.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#69 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
Sega do want the fans want, and they still complain.
Avatar image for sonicthemegaman
sonicthemegaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#70 sonicthemegaman
Member since 2008 • 3783 Posts
See, this is why I ignore the so-called "fans". They will never be happy and wouldn't know a good Sonic game if it bit them on the @$$. No matter what, Sonic is always being "ruined" to these people wither it's crap like 06 and Shadow or actual good games like Adventure and Heroes. Now Sonic Rush is bad? Please....
YoJim8obaJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 YoJim8obaJoe
Member since 2008 • 2653 Posts

Only game petition i remember working was the bad company one to get rid of exclusive weapons if you pre-ordered

Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts

The Sonic Rush games where ok. They still didn't live up to the genesis games though. I'm glad this one is on the consoles though instead handhelds. I can finally play a good 2D game on my big screen in HD. Even if it as a 2D retro styled game. More devs should do more of this.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

So they will buy Sonic 1 instead of 4?

Sonic 1 is already out, I'm sure most of them like myself have already bought it.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

Even sonic hates his fans

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

oh god they're protesting a company by giving them their own money?

Total Fail.

They can't judge Sonic 4's gameplay they've seen only a clip of sonic running on a 2d plane.

How can they know the gameplay is gonna be bad? esspecially since its being made by an experienced dev who's made many great handheld 2d sonics?

Wow, that isn't just low its entirely non-logical!

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
oh god they're protesting a company by giving them their own money?darth-pyschosis
Well thats the problem right? I mean, at least you're saying "Hey look, I'm a paying customer, here is what I want". If you don't buy a product, they can shrug you off as someone who doesn't care, so why should they cater to you? On the other hand, if too many people don't buy it, then that becomes a problem, so it can work either way.
RawDeal_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 RawDeal_basic
Member since 2002 • 1959 Posts

I hope Sonic 4 is successful, because this might inspire Sega to make a Streets of Rage 4 in the same HD style. Sega is pretty much a fail company though, so even if it did happen, the game would probably suck.

Parasomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Parasomniac
Member since 2007 • 2723 Posts
Sonic needs to retire. He's not exactly a game icon anymore like Mario still is.