WHINING SONIC FANS take Sonic 4 complaints to new lows

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for RichardStallman
RichardStallman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RichardStallman
Member since 2009 • 1233 Posts

Sonic fans start petition to ignore Sonic 4 and instead, buy Sonic 1.

Fans of the sonic series are like most sega fans, we want their old games brought back to the glory days when sega was pretty much the power in video games. Seeing the gameplay of sonic 4 has made many of us realize what we already knew, Sonic 4 will simply not be anywhere near as good as the original sonic games. Either way, We will decide to finally show sega what the fans truly want. A real sonic 4, as long as sonic 4 stays the way it is, we will not buy it, we will in fact buy sonic 1 on release in protest of sonic 4, till we end up with a re tool, or change, we want sonic in hd, not sonic RUSH HD. We will not buy a future sonic game, till we get a true successor to sonic 1/2.

Source.

CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CDUB316
Member since 2009 • 6589 Posts

wow...sonic has gone back to sidescrolling and STILL they complain

WTF?

sure the animation's speed is off, but that can be fixed...even if it doesn't, whatever the end product of sonic 4 is will be WAY better than anything sega has done with sonic in the past 10 years

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

sega just cant win with there fanbase it seems can they.

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

I got a grat Idea! Lets Boycott one of a companys products, by buying insteadanother one of the compans products!

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Isn't it like pre-alpha or something? That's like deciding to not buy a plane because you saw a picture of it during construction and it only had one wing assembled.

CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CDUB316

dragonfly110

i'm certainly happy with it

the only gripe so far is sonics animation speed...should be a lot faster...other than that it looks like the sonic game we've all been waiting for

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

[QUOTE="dragonfly110"]

CDUB316

i'm certainly happy with it

the only gripe so far is sonics animation speed...should be a lot faster...other than that it looks like the sonic game we've all been waiting for

I agree, Im personally super excited for it, IM sure theyll fix the animation by its release.

88mphSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 88mphSlayer
Member since 2010 • 3201 Posts

meh, spoiled brats

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
Its a new 2D Sonic game on the consoles, how can you not be happy?
Avatar image for DragonQuestHero
DragonQuestHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DragonQuestHero
Member since 2006 • 1105 Posts

Only thing I would like is the option for Tails and Knuckles to be playable characters. It the squeal to Sonic and Knuckles so I don't see why they are being left out. They were classic characters that were part of the that series.

But I'll live...I'll just hope they get the spot-light again at some point...that well not likely happen since there not Hedgehogs. XP

Other then that it looks fine to me, but I've learned to be careful when it comes to Sonic games.

CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CDUB316

Only thing I would like is the option for Tails and Knuckles to be playable characters. It the squeal to Sonic and Knuckles so I don't see why they are being left out. They were classic characters that were part of the that series.

But I'll live...I'll just hope they get the spot-light again at some point...that well not likely happen since there not Hedgehogs. XP

Other then that it looks find to me, but I've learned to be careful when it comes to Sonic games.

DragonQuestHero

YES, tails and knuckles are a must....but THAT'S ALL, lol

all the other playable character in the past sonic games have just been pretty generic IMO

sonic, tails, and knuckles are all you'll ever need as playable characters in a sonic game

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
Who can really blame them, honestly? Sonic games have repeatedly been crap lately, I can't blame people who won't get excited for a new Sonic game. A lot of people probably feel like they'd be setting themselves up to get disappointed.
CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CDUB316

Who can really blame them, honestly? Sonic games have repeatedly been crap lately, I can't blame people who won't get excited for a new Sonic game. A lot of people probably feel like they'd be setting themselves up to get disappointed.Skittles_McGee

yea, but they petition past games because they weren't side scrollers....and NOW it is a SS....so why in the hell are they whining?

ElTriforceo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ElTriforceo
Member since 2009 • 1130 Posts

Excuse me? What gameplay? The 3 seconds of it in the debut trailer? Is there new footage I haven't seen?

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Skittles_McGee

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]Who can really blame them, honestly? Sonic games have repeatedly been crap lately, I can't blame people who won't get excited for a new Sonic game. A lot of people probably feel like they'd be setting themselves up to get disappointed.CDUB316

yea, but they petition past games because they weren't side scrollers....and NOW it is a SS....so why in the hell are they whining?

I don't think it was just the sidescrolling. I mean Sonic Adventure was awesome. It was just the actual quality of the game. And in that aspect I can't blame anyone for not getting excited.
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

I'm personally not interested in Sonic 4. SEGA should of taken a note from Konami. Make the game look like it's on the old consoles it was from instead of looking modern. I don't care for a sonic with the modern sonic (who looks weird and has so much spikes on his head he should fall over) and 3D backgrounds. I might check it out but I stopped caring when I saw it wasn't retro.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

meh, spoiled brats

88mphSlayer

Yeah we got spoiled with the horrible games they have been making for the past 15 years :/

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#18 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41562 Posts
Hmm, L4D2, them MW2, now Sonic 4? Give me a ****ing break.
BORN_TO_HATE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BORN_TO_HATE
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Just when I thought the COD fanbase was the worst, I remembered the sonic fanbase existed.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
Sonic 2 was the first game I have ever played and I CANNOT wait for sonic 4!
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

As someone pointed out in the comments on Dtoid: yeah, right. They'll buy Sonic 4 anyway. I say they should put both this game and the boycott group on Steam; we could all use that kind of entertainment again.

ElTriforceo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ElTriforceo
[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]
[QUOTE="CDUB316"]

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]Who can really blame them, honestly? Sonic games have repeatedly been crap lately, I can't blame people who won't get excited for a new Sonic game. A lot of people probably feel like they'd be setting themselves up to get disappointed.Skittles_McGee

I don't think it was just the sidescrolling. I mean Sonic Adventure was awesome. It was just the actual quality of the game. And in that aspect I can't blame anyone for not getting excited.

No, many people whined that Sonic Adventure wasn't as good as the sidescrollers. Anyway I'm sure it's been a while since most people played all the Sonic games, if anyone is really that dissatisfied just buy the Collection for DS. It'll get you in the mood, I don't see how you can pass up 2-D. I might like it a bit better if it was retro looking but whatever I have the first 3 Sonics for that, welcome very slight changes, especially just visual ones. Everyone seems to forget it's still the same basic core gameplay.
nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

Isn't it like pre-alpha or something? That's like deciding to not buy a plane because you saw a picture of it during construction and it only had one wing assembled.

topgunmv
You buy planes?
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

I dont get it. Just because they are making a 2D game doesn't forgive the fact that they have been killing my dreams for so long. THe absolute best sonic game we got in the past 15 years was sonic adventure. Which AT BEST was considered a mixed bag by todays standards. The reveal of this new game, which is supposed to come out this summer, didn't look like anything special. It looked slow, the art design was just... mediocre. This needed to blow everyone away. And it didn't. Not even close. Sega has just made stupid decision after stupid decision with the sonic games over and over and over again, And I feel like a moron because I loved the character so much so I bought the games but i regret giving them 1 cent :/ I have absolutely no faith at all this game will be any better than just decent. I have no reason in the world to think so.

Just because sonic is returning to 2D doesn't mean sonic is making a comeback.. It just means sega has finally decided this will probably make them the most money cause its what people want, and it doesn't matter how well its executed its just going to sell millions regardless.. soo..

ElTriforceo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ElTriforceo
[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

nethernova
You buy planes?

Who doesn't? :lol:
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

nethernova

You buy planes?

I've built them. (The one I bought was shipped unassembled.)

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Skittles_McGee
[QUOTE="ElTriforceo"] No, many people whined that Sonic Adventure wasn't as good as the sidescrollers. Anyway I'm sure it's been a while since most people played all the Sonic games, if anyone is really that dissatisfied just buy the Collection for DS. It'll get you in the mood, I don't see how you can pass up 2-D. I might like it a bit better if it was retro looking but whatever I have the first 3 Sonics for that, welcome very slight changes, especially just visual ones. Everyone seems to forget it's still the same basic core gameplay.

The general consensus on Sonic Adventure was positive. Not so for recent Sonic games. Which leads to my point that just because its 2D doesn't mean it'll be good. Sega's made nothing but bad Sonic games for years. I wouldn't expect most people to go "Oh, well I've been let down five or six times recently, but I'm sure the seventh time's the charm!". Nobody can be blamed for not expecting the new Sonic game to be good. Its just logical.
88mphSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 88mphSlayer
Member since 2010 • 3201 Posts

[QUOTE="88mphSlayer"]

meh, spoiled brats

VendettaRed07

Yeah we got spoiled with the horrible games they have been making for the past 15 years :/

yep, and when we finally get a 2d sonic with the original sonic level designer, we still complain! about animations of all things... how about that

nobody can appreciate anything anymore, they just complain and nitpick everything to death, here's a suggestion: buy sonic 4 even if the animations are a little off because it's better than Sega going back to 3d abortions, k?

PS2_ROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PS2_ROCKS
Member since 2003 • 4679 Posts
Their stupid minds have been warped so much by SEGA's crap they can no longer recognize a good thing when they see it.
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pixel-Pirate

[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

[QUOTE="88mphSlayer"]

meh, spoiled brats

88mphSlayer

yep, and when we finally get a 2d sonic with the original sonic level designer, we still complain! about animations of all things... how about that

nobody can appreciate anything anymore, they just complain and nitpick everything to death, here's a suggestion: buy sonic 4 even if the animations are a little off because it's better than Sega going back to 3d abortions, k?

Nothing to do with animations for me. Just wanted it to be in 2d 16 bit style like contra rebirth, castlevania adventure rebirth, and gradius rebirth.

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#32 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts

I'm glad to see Sonic go back to its roots. I think the last great Sonic game I played was on the Dreamcast, so I welcome the 2D/3D sidescrolling Sonic. Looks fantastic!!

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
you really CAN'T make anyone happy these days..
punkrocker163

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 punkrocker163
Member since 2006 • 2087 Posts

Excuse me? What gameplay? The 3 seconds of it in the debut trailer? Is there new footage I haven't seen?

ElTriforceo
Theres leaked gameplay footage, use google.
Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

I'm willing to bet money that these are the same idiots who bought and enjoyed the newer Sonic games.

Valiant_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Valiant_Rebel
Member since 2009 • 4197 Posts

Wow, no one messes with violent Sonic fanboys.

Just for the record, I am excited for Sonic 4 and cannot wait for it. However, I am not whining about anything. I never had a problem with Sonic's newer design. Dimps is developing it and the Sonic 3 level designer is back. I can't believe this nitpicking is occuring.

No matter what happens though, they are all going to buy it anyway, so just think of it as an early list of who is going to buy it.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#37 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Somehow I see this petition working as well as the petition PC-Gamers had against Modern Warfare 2.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
the end product of sonic 4 is will be WAY better than anything sega has done with sonic in the past 10 yearsCDUB316
Way better than absolute ass isn't saying too much. Technically, getting a 38/100 on a test is way better than getting a 3/100. Both are epic fails though.
ElTriforceo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ElTriforceo
[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="ElTriforceo"] No, many people whined that Sonic Adventure wasn't as good as the sidescrollers. Anyway I'm sure it's been a while since most people played all the Sonic games, if anyone is really that dissatisfied just buy the Collection for DS. It'll get you in the mood, I don't see how you can pass up 2-D. I might like it a bit better if it was retro looking but whatever I have the first 3 Sonics for that, welcome very slight changes, especially just visual ones. Everyone seems to forget it's still the same basic core gameplay.

The general consensus on Sonic Adventure was positive. Not so for recent Sonic games. Which leads to my point that just because its 2D doesn't mean it'll be good. Sega's made nothing but bad Sonic games for years. I wouldn't expect most people to go "Oh, well I've been let down five or six times recently, but I'm sure the seventh time's the charm!". Nobody can be blamed for not expecting the new Sonic game to be good. Its just logical.

Yes because Sonic Rush which had an 82 Metascore was crap. Gotcha :roll:. Every time they attempt Sonic in 2-D it's great.
roddollente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 roddollente
Member since 2008 • 1543 Posts

meh, spoiled brats

88mphSlayer

lawl are you serious? the last true Sonic game of its kind was Sonic & Knuckles. a 1994 game. after that, all games went downhill. and nope. Rush and Adventure aren't as good as SOnic 1,2,3,& Knuckles. 16 years and they made crappy games all those years.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

I dont get it. Just because they are making a 2D game doesn't forgive the fact that they have been killing my dreams for so long. THe absolute best sonic game we got in the past 15 years was sonic adventure. Which AT BEST was considered a mixed bag by todays standards. The reveal of this new game, which is supposed to come out this summer, didn't look like anything special. It looked slow, the art design was just... mediocre. This needed to blow everyone away. And it didn't. Not even close. Sega has just made stupid decision after stupid decision with the sonic games over and over and over again, And I feel like a moron because I loved the character so much so I bought the games but i regret giving them 1 cent :/ I have absolutely no faith at all this game will be any better than just decent. I have no reason in the world to think so.

Just because sonic is returning to 2D doesn't mean sonic is making a comeback.. It just means sega has finally decided this will probably make them the most money cause its what people want, and it doesn't matter how well its executed its just going to sell millions regardless.. soo..

VendettaRed07
Probably the only statement in this thread I agree with.. It's amazing how many people are jumping on the bandwagon after 10 years of TERRIBLE sonic games.. I remain cautiously optimistic about this game but I'm in no way holding my breath. And as you stated it has nothing to do with Sega "returning to it's roots" BUT the simple fact that they've put out CRAP for so long, it's hard to get excited. I hope this one turns out great but you hardcore fans shouldn't knock people who have been burned time and time again. Although I think an online petition is a little much..
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

Straight out of the "Dumbest Complaints Ever" department....

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#43 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

What exactly are they complaining about?

And the Sonic Rush games were great. Finding out that Sonic 4 is going to be similar to them strikes me a great news.

nintendo-wins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nintendo-wins
Member since 2009 • 162 Posts

This is System Wars, not Fanboy Wars. It is against the rules here to discuss what fanboy group is worse and it has nothing to do with System Wars.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pixel-Pirate

I feel people are overly hard on sonic games. Secret rings wasn't bad, neither were the non-HD versions of unleashed. Adventure 1 and 2 were also great. They weren't classic Sonic but they weren't crap.

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

I feel you posters are being too hard on some of the complaints. Sure, the boycott idea is rediculous and pointless, but I have been saying all along: making a Sonic sidescroller doesn't mean it's automatically a good game. It needs good platforming, smart level design, and well thought out bosses to be a true successor. Those qualities have been missing from Sonic team for quite some time. I don't think this game will be good. It will be average, and probably worth a download, but not good.

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

topgunmv

Actually that would be a very good reason not to buy a plane, considering that the wings of a plane are built as a single entity.

But I understand what you're trying to say.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#48 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Sonic 4 will be awesome. (I hope)

MobilechicaneX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MobilechicaneX
Member since 2009 • 2863 Posts

I feel people are overly hard on sonic games. Secret rings wasn't bad, neither were the non-HD versions of unleashed. Adventure 1 and 2 were also great. They weren't classic Sonic but they weren't crap.

Pixel-Pirate

The HD version of Sonic unleashed was comparable to Mario galaxy.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
[QUOTE="CDUB316"]

wow...sonic has gone back to sidescrolling and STILL they complain

WTF?

sure the animation's speed is off, but that can be fixed...even if it doesn't, whatever the end product of sonic 4 is will be WAY better than anything sega has done with sonic in the past 10 years

i was sonic fan back in genesis , i lost interested after 3 ...but HEY... Sonic Adventure 1 was imba