Which was a bigger flop???

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 sam280992
Member since 2007 • 3754 Posts
[QUOTE="u8muhrice"][QUOTE="Zassimick"]

Biggest flop regarding score: Lair I think...

Biggest flop regarding aftermath: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Oh... regarding score between two... well Lair then problem. Too Human was more of a larger flop due to fanboys trying to create an aftermath.

blue_hazy_basic

whoa what? Aftermath is definitely Too Human without a doubt. Too Human is the most expensive game to make to this day. However, score wise at GS is Lair. Both games flopped.

If you'd been here for Quake 3, Brute Force, Resistance, Ratchet and Clank, TP, Lair, Mass Effect, and countless others you wouldn't be saying that .... the "aftermath" of Too Human was hardly a blip compared to those.

I remember the Ratchet and Clank Flop... Boy I remember how immature I was back then :)

At the time I had a sig saying "Ratchet and Clank 7.5? Its Official Gamespot is teh lemzpot"

Time have changed huh?

HummaKavula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#52 HummaKavula
Member since 2007 • 850 Posts

They both flopped pretty damn hard, but the winner has got to be Too Human.

The game is a planned trilogy. I mean, come on! At least Factor 5 knows when to stop.

Edit: Plus, Too Human was 10 years in production.

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts
[QUOTE="SSCyborg"][QUOTE="u8muhrice"]

That's a bold statement, when infact you never even posted links yourself. Whatever, if you really want me to spoon feed you the link because youre too lazy to google it then here:

u8muhrice

LOOL

did you just link me to a wiki as proof?

But you made the statement first, so you should provide the proof. But i'll give you the GTA4 proof.

Why are you in denial? First off, let me just say that Lair and Too Human flopped big time. All I'm proving is my point against the person who claimed that Twlight Princess flopped the most in the aftermath. However, I believe Too Human flopped more, i mean with a budget of 80-100 million and took X amount of years to make, im sure Too Human flopped way worst than TP could ever.

You can defend Too Human's budget all you want. I just got my point across and I had to say what I wanted to say.

You still have yet to provide actual evidence. :|

u8muhrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 u8muhrice
Member since 2004 • 1453 Posts
[QUOTE="u8muhrice"][QUOTE="SSCyborg"][QUOTE="u8muhrice"]

That's a bold statement, when infact you never even posted links yourself. Whatever, if you really want me to spoon feed you the link because youre too lazy to google it then here:

SSCyborg

LOOL

did you just link me to a wiki as proof?

But you made the statement first, so you should provide the proof. But i'll give you the GTA4 proof.

Why are you in denial? First off, let me just say that Lair and Too Human flopped big time. All I'm proving is my point against the person who claimed that Twlight Princess flopped the most in the aftermath. However, I believe Too Human flopped more, i mean with a budget of 80-100 million and took X amount of years to make, im sure Too Human flopped way worst than TP could ever.

You can defend Too Human's budget all you want. I just got my point across and I had to say what I wanted to say.

You still have yet to provide actual evidence. :|

I did and even your article state's that Too Human was an expensive game. What proof do you want? Lair and Too Human flopped badly. Too Human is one of the most expensive games to this date, so good luck to Silicon Knights (or who ever produces it) making a profit. Lair flopped horrbily in score while Too Human may flop in sales (assuming that it wont sell)

sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 sam280992

I did and even your article state's that Too Human was an expensive game. What proof do you want? Lair and Too Human flopped badly. Too Human is one of the most expensive games to this date, so good luck to Silicon Knights (or who ever produces it) making a profit. Lair flopped horrbily in score while Too Human may flop in sales (assuming that it wont sell)

u8muhrice

Sorry but didn't Lair flop in both? :?

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#56 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

u8muhrice

That was me.

And maybe you missed my other post, but in that post I said that either our opinions on what is the aftermath are different. I feel that yes, losing all that money is bad for the developer but to the consumer and to SW, the budget a game has goes along with the hype level. Then it flops.

I think that aftermath is how well the flop is recieved in SW. If you were here for Twilight Princess, like I said in my previous post, you would know about the threats to Jeff, other sites commenting on how sad people were here at GS for acting the way we did, etc. SW was the laughing stock of the gaming community for a little while if I remember correctly.

u8muhrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 u8muhrice
[QUOTE="u8muhrice"]

sam280992

Sorry but didn't Lair flop in both? :?

I have no idea. I dont even know its sales (which im sure isnt that great). All I know its no where near the budget of Too Human

u8muhrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 u8muhrice
[QUOTE="u8muhrice"]

Zassimick

That was me.

And maybe you missed my other post, but in that post I said that either our opinions on what is the aftermath are different. I feel that yes, losing all that money is bad for the developer but to the consumer and to SW, the budget a game has goes along with the hype level. Then it flops.

I think that aftermath is how well the flop is recieved in SW. If you were here for Twilight Princess, like I said in my previous post, you would know about the threats to Jeff, other sites commenting on how sad people were here at GS for acting the way we did, etc. SW was the laughing stock of the gaming community for a little while if I remember correctly.

youre right, I guess my view for the aftermath is in sales. Opinions differ

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#59 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

u8muhrice

Good. We got that cleared up. :)

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="Zassimick"][QUOTE="u8muhrice"]

u8muhrice

That was me.

that would explain the confusion about my post too :)
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

u8muhrice

You said Too Human was the most expensive game. I want proof that it was. :|

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="u8muhrice"]

SSCyborg

You said Too Human was the most expensive game. I want proof that it was. :|

even if its not the most expensive game its certainly up there. The length of development is what drove its costs up so much
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#63 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts

Scorewise Lair (even though I love the game)

General flop Too Human. I mean, lets get real, the game was on the working table for over 10 years, people have been hyping it since its announcement, and lately the fanboys were even more annoying saying that it was gods gift and the new Diablo. Even after the dissapointment of the demo they still hyped it. And it failed and falled and is now in the bottom of the sea as the Titanic.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

General flop Too Human. I mean, lets get real, the game was on the working table for over 10 years,

kenshinhimura16
Since when has development length been considered a reason for whether a game is a flop or not?
Szminsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Szminsky
Member since 2005 • 1471 Posts

Definitely Lair

-DrRobotnik-

no no.... Too human

sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 sam280992
[QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"]

Definitely Lair

Szminsky

no no.... Too human

How about both?

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts
[QUOTE="kenshinhimura16"]

General flop Too Human. I mean, lets get real, the game was on the working table for over 10 years,

blue_hazy_basic

Since when has development length been considered a reason for whether a game is a flop or not?

since too human was reviewed, when cows realised they could try and use it to make lair seem like less of a flop.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#68 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

They both flopped pretty damn hard, but the winner has got to be Too Human.

The game is a planned trilogy. I mean, come on!At least Factor 5 knows when to stop.

Edit: Plus, Too Human was 10 years in production.

HummaKavula

Really? Or was it that Lair was such a huge flop critically and financially that they didn't have a choice but to stop.

There's a big difference.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#69 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

General flop Too Human. I mean, lets get real, the game was on the working table for over 10 years, people have been hyping it since its announcement, and lately the fanboys were even more annoying saying that it was gods gift and the new Diablo. Even after the dissapointment of the demo they still hyped it. And it failed and falled and is now in the bottom of the sea as the Titanic.

kenshinhimura16
There is so much fail in this post I don't even know where to start.
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#70 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
[QUOTE="kenshinhimura16"]

heretrix

There is so much fail in this post I don't even know where to start.

Ok, then start, I will be waiting.

Dreamable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Dreamable
Member since 2007 • 600 Posts
Lair was the biggest flop, but Too Human wasn't exactly a whole ton better though ;).
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#72 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Too Human never even looked that good to me.