Which series do you want to be milked more?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts
For me, it is the Legend of Heroes, those games are so good and so long and such high quality, but XSEED (the company that LOCALIZES the games) took over 3 years to do so, because it was so big.
deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 deangallop
Member since 2004 • 3811 Posts

I don't mind the Assassins creed milkage, even their worst game is still pretty damn awesome.

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 wakefulness
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts

For me, it is the Legend of Heroes, those games are so good and so long and such high quality, but XSEED (the company that LOCALIZES the games) took over 3 years to do so, because it was so big.SonicNextGen2

I need to play those series! :O (been waiting on a PS Store price drop so I can play them on VITA)

I'd say I would like a lot more DJMAX on VITA (like a new one every year). But, it depends on what you mean by "Mliked". I would hate for DJMAX to be milked to the point they make bad decisions. :(

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
Batman. Portal. Assassin's Creed. And Bioshock. But mostly Batman, I like rising to The Riddler's challanges.
SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SonicNextGen2

[QUOTE="SonicNextGen2"]For me, it is the Legend of Heroes, those games are so good and so long and such high quality, but XSEED (the company that LOCALIZES the games) took over 3 years to do so, because it was so big.wakefulness

I need to play those series! :O (been waiting on a PS Store price drop so I can play them on VITA)

I'd say I would like a lot more DJMAX on VITA (like a new one every year). But, it depends on what you mean by "Mliked". I would hate for DJMAX to be milked to the point they make bad decisions. :(

The worst part is that Trails in the Sky left on a huge ass cliffhanger, by the time we get the third one, it'll be 2021 and Legend of Heroes XII will probably have come out by then :(
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

I'm fine with Assassins Creed milkage, but I would like a 1-2 year break following AC4. That way they can build a really good next-gen Assassins Creed.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts
Idk Fallout maybe? Even still I would only want one every 2-3 years. Too much of anything gets boring to me.
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wakefulness
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts

[QUOTE="wakefulness"]

[QUOTE="SonicNextGen2"]For me, it is the Legend of Heroes, those games are so good and so long and such high quality, but XSEED (the company that LOCALIZES the games) took over 3 years to do so, because it was so big.SonicNextGen2

The worst part is that Trails in the Sky left on a huge ass cliffhanger, by the time we get the third one, it'll be 2021 and Legend of Heroes XII will probably have come out by then :(

Man, why you gotta tell me that? Now I don't feel like buying it at all. D:

ActionRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ActionRemix
Member since 2011 • 5640 Posts

Super Smash Bros.

Avatar image for crippledmachine
crippledmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 crippledmachine
Member since 2013 • 256 Posts

Serious Sam because I need some more serious ass-kicking.

sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sonic1564
Member since 2008 • 3265 Posts

Half Life

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

Got Milk?

Avatar image for crippledmachine
crippledmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 crippledmachine
Member since 2013 • 256 Posts

Half Life

sonic1564

Oh yes, I'd love to get some more!

Hopefully HL3 will get revealed soon.

j_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 j_assassin
Member since 2012 • 1011 Posts
Demons/dark souls
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Final Fantasy on consoles... i would love to see more than one FF title every year

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

milking a series is never a good thing since the term milking implies that the releases are too close together and that the developers are relying more on brand name than actual quality.

but most of Nintendo's franchises aside from Mario, Pokemon, and the Wii series could stand to see more frequent releases

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

Freelancer.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
None. More new IP's whether a single game or planned out trilogy is what I'm looking for. Unfortunately in today's gaming scene, it's not going to be happening much.
Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

Idk Fallout maybe? Even still I would only want one every 2-3 years. Too much of anything gets boring to me.BPoole96

This^^ Despite everyone who hates on Fallout 3, I loved it when it was fiorst released. Put tons of hours in

For my top Milker that I would not buying 1 game a year, would have to be the Disgaea series. My favorite addictive SRPG of all time.

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts
Chrono Cross/Trigger
ethanradd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ethanradd
Member since 2009 • 654 Posts

Fallout, I wouldn't mind more Fallout games, FO3 is still my fav game of all time ...hoping for a Fallout 4 announcement when the Xbox 720 is revealed

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I wish they localized the PS3 port of Trails in the Sky for the west. But the new Legend of Heroes for the PS3 is looking pretty mediocre though. They ruined the art-style and made it look like all the other generic looking modern anime we get these days.

[spoiler]

because we all know that girls fight better while wearing an ultra mini and boots with high-heels.  :roll:

Sennokisekicharacterprofileswhite.jpg [/spoiler]

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#23 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

<---- see picture   for answer lol 

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SonicNextGen2

I wish they localized the PS3 port of Trails in the Sky for the west. But the new Legend of Heroes for the PS3 is looking pretty mediocre though. They ruined the art-style and made it look like all the other generic looking modern anime we get these days.

[spoiler]

because we all know that girls fight better while wearing an ultra mini and boots with high-heels.  :roll:

Gue1
As a fan, I'll probably still import it (Unless Namdai handles the localizations again, we're not getting one anytime soon (also, I have a thing for characters that wear boots, shoot me)).
SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SonicNextGen2

[QUOTE="SonicNextGen2"][QUOTE="wakefulness"]

wakefulness

Man, why you gotta tell me that? Now I don't feel like buying it at all. D:

Look on the bright side, when you grow old and Second Chapter is released in English, a glitter of nostalgia will flow through your body. :D
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

[spoiler]

SonicNextGen2

As a fan, I'll probably still import it (Unless Namdai handles the localizations again, we're not getting one anytime soon (also, I have a thing for characters that wear boots, shoot me)).

Why are the boots different colours on that one girl... :| , anyway jrpgs pander to the worst of anime fans so it's no surprise that this one started to (I don't know of this series, just going by comments).

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts

mariokart64fan
You want Jeff Gordon to be milked? I think he's a little past his prime :)
93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#28 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

LittleMac19

You want Jeff Gordon to be milked? I think he's a little past his prime :)

Can you even milk a human?

[spoiler] Oops, you can. [/spoiler]

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#29 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Call of Duty. Bring on MW4 and 5.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#30 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
Cannot think of any game I would want milked even the best game can be monotonous if a new iteration is released every year. For the most part, it's just sad when a game is dragged out past its end due to monetary gain. Series I can think of that should have been/were suppose to be stand alone entries, but have sequels for better or worse: BioShock Okami God of War Dead Space No More Heroes Of course then there are games which desperately need the closure they deserve: Viewtiful Joe 3 Prince of Persia '08
Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

Chrono Cross/TriggerLittleMac19

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
For me, it is the Legend of Heroes, those games are so good and so long and such high quality, but XSEED (the company that LOCALIZES the games) took over 3 years to do so, because it was so big.SonicNextGen2
It kinda is getting milked. Kiseki series started in like 2004, and there are already 6th one (7th, if you count the spin-off featuring crossover with Ys) coming out. Plus tons of re-releases (they released the games separately for each Windows OS). though I guess it means nothing to us in NA
DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

I want yearly released of Killzone.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SonicNextGen2
[QUOTE="SonicNextGen2"]For me, it is the Legend of Heroes, those games are so good and so long and such high quality, but XSEED (the company that LOCALIZES the games) took over 3 years to do so, because it was so big.funsohng
It kinda is getting milked. Kiseki series started in like 2004, and there are already 6th one (7th, if you count the spin-off featuring crossover with Ys) coming out. Plus tons of re-releases (they released the games separately for each Windows OS). though I guess it means nothing to us in NA

I mean for NA, since it took 5 years to localize just the 1st Chapter of Trails in The Sky in the U.S on 2 UMDs. Tbh, I am surprised Falcom can produce such good, original pieces of music and tons of data into their games in just one year (guess that is why they're one of the world's most productive countries).
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#35 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Far Cry

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SonicNextGen2

[QUOTE="SonicNextGen2"][QUOTE="Gue1"]

[spoiler]

GD1551

Why are the boots different colours on that one girl... :| , anyway jrpgs pander to the worst of anime fans so it's no surprise that this one started to (I don't know of this series, just going by comments).

Don't worry, the only anime stereotype game this series has is the new one, everything else is pretty different (Hell, the series starts on the PC). By the way, I see you don't like Japanese games but your sig is anime, do you like anime and not japanese games or am I getting it wrong?
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
None. No series could keep me invested year to year. A sports game doesn't count. That is satisfying an itch that comes with the upcoming season in real life.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Golden Sun.

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Valknut4
Member since 2012 • 403 Posts

[QUOTE="LittleMac19"]Chrono Cross/TriggerWiimotefan

I can't believe I'm in the minority when it comes to Chrono Cross, I really hope they never make another an leave it to the fans.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SonicNextGen2

Golden Sun.

DJ-Lafleur
If only the last one wasn't mediocre.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts
Milked, as in, just give me damn sequel/prequel already? Freedom Fighters and Shadow of Rome.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

Golden Sun.

SonicNextGen2

If only the last one wasn't mediocre.

I somewhat agree, dark dawn certainly doesn't compare to the pervious 2 games, I thought it was decent though.

When I think about it though I don't really know where they could take the series after a fourth game.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Grand Theft Auto

Metal Gear Solid

Uncharted

i would buy yearly releases for all of them.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#44 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

Mirror's Edge, Bioshock (as long as it is different locations), Halo, Dance Central (Yep. Serious),  Forza, Riddick, Powerstone, NCAA Football,  Hot Shots Golf, Ninja Theory's DMC,  Heavenly Sword, and Kameo.

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts
captain claw (damn u monolith, give us the sequel already), mother series (moar gigyas pliz, not piggie armies) (the only series nintendo hasnt milked??) rocket knight adventures (best action adventure evar?) grim fandago (make it episodic like all other games u do telltale), psychonauts (common don tell me you dont want this?) contra (not fps but side scroller shoot em up) half life (ugh tired of waiting for this alrdy) cave story machinarium (what a beautiful game this was) la mulana (better than any tomb raider out there, except maybe 4) braid (that **** was trippy) planetscape torment tomb raider 4 HD remake (technically the series is already milked, but imo this is the best game of the lot. a hd remake would be killer ) commandos (do games like these even exist nowadays?) yoshi's island (before the haters can comment, we have had just 3 games of these and one was a re-release) beyond good and evil (face it guys BGE2 aint happening. Its got versus 13 written all over it) vagrant story/final fantasy 12 (best universe yet on a FF game. We can stop the tactics games though)
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

GTA
Far Cry
Mirror's Edge
Batman by Rocksteady 

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
star wars.
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14806 Posts

None. Thank you.

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#49 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
Guitar Hero!
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
Though I'm indifferent to milking, I don't want any game to be milked. What we need is originality.