Which Game has the worst Soundtrack?

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#101 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

They were thinking about making a fun. cheesy soundtrack to match the fun, cheesy tone of the game.

I'm not seeing how this isn't fantastic and doesn't add to the fun of playing the game.

Pffrbt

You're being this threads "that guy"

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Bayonetta. I really didn't like the girly J-Pop while I was fighting.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts
The original SFIV because of the opening music,
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

I don't think people who said Bayonetta played much of it. The game moves away from silly japanese music pretty quickly, and even if it never did, would you really say that's the worst? I mean there are far more grating soundtracks out there.

Edit: In fact, why the hell are people saying any of this shit? Mario? Zelda? Halo? Battlefield? Souls games? Have none of you played a game with a genuinely bad soundtrack before? Not to say that every one of those has a great soundtrack, but give me a freaking break.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#105 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

I dunno, but what I do know is that this game has the best soundtrack of all time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovppr2yimSQ

PhazonBlazer

Don't let sean see that second top comment.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
I don't know about the worst, but I find God of War music to be pretty boring. jg4xchamp
Wow. I thought I was the only one who didn't love the soundtrack in those games. Surprised I didn't think of them. But then again, me hating God of War is nothing new.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]I don't know about the worst, but I find God of War music to be pretty boring. PannicAtack
Wow. I thought I was the only one who didn't love the soundtrack in those games. Surprised I didn't think of them. But then again, me hating God of War is nothing new.

I always assume it has more to do with my dislike of the series and character(well God of War 2 is a good game though), but honestly the music is just dull. It's like a by the book response to someone saying "we need music that conveys the idea of epic" Again I don't think it's quite game ruining terrible(personally have never been bothered by game music), but that music just comes off boring to me.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 jg4xchamp

I don't think people who said Bayonetta played much of it. The game moves away from silly japanese music pretty quickly, and even if it never did, would you really say that's the worst? I mean there are far more grating soundtracks out there.

Edit: In fact, why the hell are people saying any of this shit? Mario? Zelda? Halo? Battlefield? Souls games? Have none of you played a game with a genuinely bad soundtrack before? Not to say that every one of those has a great soundtrack, but give me a freaking break.

Vaasman

To be fair, you've probably posted in enough "worst game you've played" threads on SW to realize that everyone here tends to have a pretty decent game on average as their worst game played. So by default a lot of the examples being thrown out are gonna be at worst only really decent/okay soundtracks the same way "worst games" threads always tend to have a lot of okay games. Not everyone has suffered Mafia 2. 

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]I don't know about the worst, but I find God of War music to be pretty boring. jg4xchamp

I always assume it has more to do with my dislike of the series and character(well God of War 2 is a good game though), but honestly the music is just dull. It's like a by the book response to someone saying "we need music that conveys the idea of epic" Again I don't think it's quite game ruining terrible(personally have never been bothered by game music), but that music just comes off boring to me.

Yeah, I can't call it "bad." But I find it dull. Like someone just heard the opening movement of Carmina Burana and thought "yeah, let's do something like that."

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

jg4xchamp

To be fair, you've probably posted in enough "worst game you've played" threads on SW to realize that everyone here tends to have a pretty decent game on average as their worst game played. So by default a lot of the examples being thrown out are gonna be at worst only really decent/okay soundtracks the same way "worst games" threads always tend to have a lot of okay games. Not everyone has suffered Mafia 2. 

People aren't even listing anything outside of this generation, or posting anything with a soundtrack that is actually bad. If it's a case of people only mentioning what they've played, then I think people need to play way, way more games.

Let me show you people what actual bad soundtracks sound like.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

Vaasman

People aren't even listing anything outside of this generation, or posting anything with a soundtrack that is actually bad. If it's a case of people only mentioning what they've played, then I think people need to play way, way more games.

Let me show you people what actual bad soundtracks sound like.

Hey I'm not disagreeing, as much as explaining the reasoning here. 

This thread is gonna have people knock the intro song to SF4. SF4? INDESTRUCTIBLE.

That's easily in my top 2 of videogames songs I wanna f*ck a bitch to.  

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#112 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Alice Madness returns has some truly awful repetitive music. Pretty sure I switched music off it got so bad.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Taz-Mania for Gamegear. I swear it was just a bunch of random jargled noises thrown together

Link because embedding doesn't work

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]MvC2Pffrbt

How?

First off I'd just like to mention Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.themajormayor

How?

You seem to have problem with people opinion. Why?

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

jg4xchamp

I'd take Mafia 2 over Brink any day of the week.

Metallic_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#116 Metallic_Blade
Member since 2005 • 565 Posts

Ever since EA stopped producing in-house soundtracks for the Need For Speed games. 

Basically every NFS game released after Porsche Unleashed/2000 (NFS V). 

But honestly, allot of games that use slapped on licensed music are lame soundtracks. I just assume that the developers were too lazy to make one up. 

Mohitxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Mohitxd
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="heeweesRus"]Since Adobe unjustly locked the other thread, I decided to make another one. I would have to say thay Halol and Gears have the worst music :)

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#118 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Halo, what a lame soundtrack.

pcgamingowns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 pcgamingowns
Member since 2013 • 1223 Posts

all the games this generation lol.

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

I don't get how something that is boring and un-original is concsidered to be the worst.   One of the worst sound tracks for a game that everyone might know is the original Resident Evil.  Its so god awful, especially the basement kitchen music.  For its time, it sounded like a very bad soap opera but it somehow fitted so well with the game.  Now its considered to be classic.  Go figure.

Avatar image for deactivated-58e448fd89d82
deactivated-58e448fd89d82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#121 deactivated-58e448fd89d82
Member since 2010 • 4494 Posts

I don't get how something that is boring and un-original as the worst.   One of the worst sound tracks for a game that everyone might know is the original Resident Evil.  Its so god awful, especially the basement kitchen music.  For its time, it sounded like a very bad soap opera but it somehow fitted so well with the game.  Now its considered to be classic.  Go figure.

mexicangordo

Using a benchmark game........

RE2 had far superior music and graphics, as well as 3 times the depth.

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

[QUOTE="mexicangordo"]

I don't get how something that is boring and un-original as the worst.   One of the worst sound tracks for a game that everyone might know is the original Resident Evil.  Its so god awful, especially the basement kitchen music.  For its time, it sounded like a very bad soap opera but it somehow fitted so well with the game.  Now its considered to be classic.  Go figure.

AMD655

Ya, if I said Bugs Bunny for the gameboy had the worst music (and its music is awful) then no one would know.  But using a game everyone knows, I would say the original RE (not the remake because the REmake had absolutely brilliant music) had some pretty awful tunes.  I think the mansion music and safe room music were the only decent tunes.

Zurrur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Zurrur
Member since 2009 • 1701 Posts

Uncharted 3, had to turn down volume everytime terrible arab music started playing

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="AMD655"]

[QUOTE="mexicangordo"]

mexicangordo

Ya, if I said Bugs Bunny for the gameboy had the worst music (and its music is awful) then no one would know.  But using a game everyone knows, I would say the original RE (not the remake because the REmake had absolutely brilliant music) had some pretty awful tunes.  I think the mansion music and safe room music were the only decent tunes.

Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle?

[spoiler] Thank you, James Rolfe. [/spoiler]

Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#125 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts
Bunch of fools mentioning Limbo in here. Limbo had an amazingly fitting and memorable soundtrack. They actually chose something that fit the atmosphere of the game, unlike a ton of developers who just smack a generic orchestral score on their games. But hey, that seems to be the crap most gamers deserve anyway, so what do I know. Gamers in general are tasteless individuals.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#126 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts
Sonic R. It didn't become good to listen to until you played the DS version of Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing.
Aidenfury19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Aidenfury19
Member since 2007 • 2488 Posts

Here is another one: 3D Dot Game Heroes.

Loved the game, but the music is fast enough, high-pitched enough, repetitive enough, and (at default settings) loud enough compared to the SFX in that game to brutalize your eardrums, even if it is supposed to be an homage to 8-bit music.

TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 TecmoGirl
Member since 2007 • 3965 Posts

Sonic Rnintendoboy16

9VO2a28.gifS81rqW7.gif Nope! Try again you hatin' ass italian plumber groupie. That soundtrack was pure greatness. <3 

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Sonic RTecmoGirl

9VO2a28.gifS81rqW7.gif Nope! Try again you hatin' ass italian plumber groupie. That soundtrack was pure greatness. <3 

Indeed, it was greatness. You have no soul if you're dissing on Sonic R's magical soundtrack. 2e4itc4.gif