Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

None of them. I was going to get a couple as collectibles but after looking at them I decided not to.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

I have mario, link, samus, and wiifit trainer.

I want: little mac, pit, and diddy kong.

Then next year I want: sonic, cartoon link, mega man, bowser, dede.

I preordered shulk.

I feel like wave two never made it onto the shelf. They went from nintendo straight to ebay wtf.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:
Loading Video...

I am a fan of Boogie2988. But sometimes I think he just tries to be negative to cater to his angry video game nerd audience. Or maybe he really does miss the point from time to time. But this video is another example where I can say he doesn't "get it" sometimes.

He is saying that Nintendo is seeing that there is a demand for some of the Amiibo figures, so Nintendo is shortening the supply to generate a higher demand. That is not what is happening at all. Word got out that Nintendo was releasing some of the figures, (Marth, Wii Fit Trainer and Villager for example) in a limited capacity. This generated a high demand for these figures among the Video Game/ Collector community. So the supply created the demand, not the other way around.

But honestly, if they made as many Marth figures as they made Mario figures no one would care about Marth. Look at what the top selling Amiibo characters are. Link, Mario and Pikachu. You know, the most popular Nintendo characters. 90% of the people out there have no clue what game Villager, Little Mac, or Marth are from. But among the video game message board community, characters like these are ones people will want. And Nintendo making them in short supply makes sure they will sell.

I'm sorry that a few hundred people on the internet are having a tough time trying to find certain Amiibo's. But the majority of consumers really have no interest in the obscure ones. And Nintendo is going to do what they need to in order to keep Link, Mario and Pikachu in stock. That doesn't sound like "shady business" to me.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#56 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I got Mario? Cause it came with a game. Hmm I might want a Samus, Link or Zelda one.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

i don't have any but i want zelda bowser mario rosalina and peach

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#58 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Amiibo gets you women. Fact.

Loading Video...

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17819 Posts

i bought a link one when i got smash bros.

so far i dont see the point. i dont see myself getting any more.

vtbob88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60  Edited By vtbob88
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts

I only have Link, but am debating a few more. Maybe Samus. I did order Luigi on Amazon even though it says temporarily out of stock. Hopefully not too long before it is back in.

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6609 Posts

@Renegade_Fury said:

I don't want any, and looking at pics, their level of quality sucks to say the least.

The figures are 13 bucks, are you expecting the figures to have the same detail as First 4 Figures?

I think the figures looks fine for what your paying it for.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

@p3anut said:

@Renegade_Fury said:

I don't want any, and looking at pics, their level of quality sucks to say the least.

The figures are 13 bucks, are you expecting the figures to have the same detail as First 4 Figures?

I think the figures looks fine for what your paying it for.

I don't expect much, but I don't expect absolute shit either like the Marth one. I've gotten toys with better faces from Burger King. If I wanted to buy a video game character toy for display purposes, I'd get something like the Black Zero that my bro bought for me.

It actually looks pretty nice alongside my old Mighty Morphin Power Ranger Zords and Star Wars ships in my entertainment room, unlike one of these amibos would.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-583e460ca986b

To those who care, Luigi is available at Toys R Us stores across the country. (US) I just picked mine up!

Avatar image for deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
deactivated-57de35bf0f08e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
Member since 2014 • 386 Posts

@Renegade_Fury: Marth, Link, Peach and Samus do look like $13 figurines, but the rest are really nice looking.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Have: Zero

Want: Zero.

I find these all of these Skylanders type products to be pointless. I know they are aimed at children to "collect" them, but still...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b

Updated pic with Luigi

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#68  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Does anyone have a Skylanders figure? I wonder how they stack up in terms of quality.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#69 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

None yet, but I was really tempted to grab a Zelda one for my daughter at Target today. When I was buying her Captain Toad. Not sure why though. We don't have Smash yet, and while I know they work with other first party games. It just seems to be trivial stuff you get. Though for $12 they are pretty detailed.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

None as of yet; however I love Nintendo IP and have a WiiU. Probably will check them out at some point.

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#71 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

I only have Fox McCloud.

I'm planning on getting a Kirby, Meta Knight, Falco, ...and I think that's it. I'm not going to buy all of them.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#72 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

I haven't purchased a toy since I was 13. Locking game features behind over priced figures is more despicable than day one dlc btw.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-57de35bf0f08e

@vashkey said:

I haven't purchased a toy since I was 13. Locking game features behind over priced figures is more despicable than day one dlc btw.

If you've purchased a game system or video game since you were 13, then yes, you've purchased toys.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

Updated pic with Luigi

So sweet.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#75 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I only have Marth and Samus.

I picked up Marth because I thought he would be rare later (and he is) and I thought Samus would be too (and she's uncommon but not 'rare').

But thanks to the Holidays and being an Adult gives me Bills I'm sad to hear that many figures may not be available for much longer so getting a complete collection is probably impossible.

and Hearing Nintendo will print out Cards instead of Statues for the Discontinued Amiibos makes me one sad panda.

MarkAndExecute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 MarkAndExecute
Member since 2012 • 450 Posts

A figure of Samus is about as close to having a physical encounter with a female as a Nintendo fanboy is ever gonna get.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-583e460ca986b

I drove all over the west side of the state of Michigan looking for Captain Falcon. The 5th Target was the charm. Now I need to map out all the F.Y.E stores since it seems they are the only ones with Pit. Once I finish wave 2 I will take another pic of the collection.

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

I still don't understand why they put a fire on red Mario, I thought white Mario is the one with fire ability.

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

@SolidTy said:

Have: 0.

Want: 0.

My money goes to the games.

Amiibos can enhance your gaming experience, just saying bro.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@EZs said:

@SolidTy said:

Have: 0.

Want: 0.

My money goes to the games.

Amiibos can enhance your gaming experience, just saying bro.

I think you are joking, but to go with the flow...

It doesn't feel like it bro. It feels like cheap toys that hardly do anything at all for my copy of Super Smash Bros Wii U. It's just another way for Nintendo to make $$$, which I understand, but I would rather just buy more games. People are buying them and hoping for the best, but it's all a gimmick.

Here's the games I own and this isn't even all of them. I would rather buy more of these:

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

These fucking amiibo are ruining my life. I'm addicted to them.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

i'll leave em to kids

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

The only amiibos I want are the ones with defects.

Other than that, I look at them as what they are; Nintendo trying to milk more money per game purchase. And when their game prices already remain sky high... ****.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b

@SolidTy said:

It doesn't feel like it bro. It feels like cheap toys that hardly do anything at all for my copy of Super Smash Bros Wii U. It's just another way for Nintendo to make $$$, which I understand, but I would rather just buy more games. People are buying them and hoping for the best, but it's all a gimmick.

Here's the games I own and this isn't even all of them. I would rather buy more of these:

Why not both?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-57de35bf0f08e

@GoldenElementXL: I've learned that logic is forbidden here.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By SolidTy

@GoldenElementXL said:

@SolidTy said:

Here's the games I own and this isn't even all of them.

I would rather buy more of these:

Why not both?

Oh, did you think this is a picture off? I didn't get the memo! lol. It's not a picture off, bro. I dig your collection but I guess I'm on the defense since I didn't take a picture of all my next gen games. I see you inserted a bunch of older 2013 (Killzone, Madden, NBA, COD Ghosts, Ryse, MLB, Tomb Raider, Dead Rising 3, Injustice, etc) titles I also own and you chose a good angle to squeeze in some goodies. That's cool though, but as I said in the other thread, I wouldn't be able to even take a picture of all my next gen games in one picture. Plus, I'm lazy, hehe. The picture was just a quickie for another thread that I reused. As you know, setting all that out means putting it away. I think it was made clear in another thread we both have sizable collections which is cool. Nothing new there.

As I said above,

"Here's the games I own and this isn't even all of them. "

Just to reiterate.

Moving on, I in no way care how you spend your money. If you enjoy buying things, cool. Me too, I have some rad framed pictures and statues and such. I have things I like to buy. If I think these things are useless and overpriced, that's just how I feel. There is a part of me that considered them heavily growing up with Nintendo, but it's just not for me. I know others feel differently, you took multiple pictures of your collection so clearly you enjoy these things. I know what it's like to enjoy what you bought.

To answer, for me never both. Not a dime is going to that Amiibo gimmick. I have $100+ gaming statues that I would rather keep buying before I buy those, and to be honest I would rather buy more games. There is never enough games. That leaves more money for even more games, accessories, and collector editions for next year, not to mention classic games I am always on the hunt for.

To me Amiibos are complete crap exploiting nostalgia that even I had, but I just won't go for it. I'm not buying the gimmick. If they were better quality, I would bite, but after inspecting them in person I feel the Amiibos are way overpriced for what Nintendo's putting out. They aren't articulate and if you compare the figures on the market, these things are overpriced imo (12 inch Marvel articulate action figures for instance are $5-$7). The digital aspect of these things are so far useless. It's just a huge gimmick. I knew it would work for Nintendo, but I'm not interested. I've already passed up on a few of them in person at Toys R Us. I can see you threw down $220+ tax and gas for those figures and Nintendo's going to keep releasing more and more. I'm not into it. You'll be $600 in the hole before long but if it makes you happy, keep on buying. It's the same reason I don't buy Skylanders or Disney Infinity. I see Nintendo's take, Amiibos are going to supplement the Wii U's poor sales performance. They may not be selling as many Wii Us as they want, but they are going to sell plenty of these little things real easy.

I have a long list of classic games I still want to get, future games to get, and believe it or not, I have hobbies outside of gaming that I would redirect my finances towards. Still, just on a pure gaming level, I have my own personal "easter eggs" out there I'm still hunting for.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By SolidTy

@beastmodeboy said:

@GoldenElementXL: I've learned that logic is forbidden here.

Logic has nothing to do with it. He likes a product and I don't. It's all good.

This happens all the time in life. People don't enjoy the same things, plain and simple (Football vs. Baseball vs. Dancing with the Stars). While he enjoyed tracking these figures down and displaying them, I would find such a task to be a version of hell.

One man's junk is another man's treasure.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#89  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I now have Link, Zelda, Pitt. I also bought Pikachu but that one I gave as a Christmas present, I think I will go out tomorrow and pick up my own Pickachu, these things are very addictive, for the price they look great.

Edit. I have just bought myself a Pikachu and a Peach. I also have Marth ordered from Japan as that one is impossible to get in New Zealand.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#90 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

All I know is that @SolidTy and @GoldenElementXL have sweet Collections.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By SolidTy

@LegatoSkyheart: Thanks sir. :)

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

i only bought Fox Mcloud since he's the one i main in the game. i wanted to get captain falcon also but he's impossible to find now.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@silversix_ said:

i'll leave em to kids

Isn't that who these things are for?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#94 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I want to buy more of these than I can afford.

God damn it, Nintendo.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#95 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9548 Posts

I need to get a better idea of what they can do before I start buying them... or now, they seem all but pointless.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Just got Smash Bros for my birthday from the GF.

Now I need Amiibos. I feel like getting them all. T_T

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

I have Kirby, Zelda. Peach, Link, Mario, Pikachu, and just got Zelda. But none of that matters cause once the real deal comes out in February I will...............

REALLY BE FEELING IT!!!!!!!

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#98 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Gotta catch 'em all!

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#99  Edited By deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

came to see what the hell amiibo was

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b

@SolidTy: I wasn't trying to turn this into a "picture off." Lol. You posted a pic of your collection, and I figured that I could post mine with the Amiibo's and argue the "why not both" angle. As for your pic of your collection, I'm sure you have other games as well. I have a handful of digital games myself. (GTA V, DriveClub, Wii U Party, KI, PS+ titles etc) Also I am starting to buy all multiplats on PC so those games aren't pictured either. But I'm not trying to start a "my collection vs yours war" or anything. I'm sure I would lose. I actually take more pride in my retro gaming collection but that scene isn't very big here in System Wars.

I can see why people might not be interested in Amiibos. Their functionality is pretty limited at this point in time. But finding the Amiibos is like a game in itself. I haven't had the thrill of trying to track down rare toys in a long time.

@LegatoSkyheart said:

All I know is that @SolidTy and @GoldenElementXL have sweet Collections.

Thanks!