When will the gaming media stop talking bad about HALO INF (Digital Foundry-INF S2 Tested)

• 51 results
daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Hopefully S3 will be better for the many Halo INF fans here.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

The day i stop being negative about this empty game in pre beta stage. Never.

What 343i has made is an abomination that is even worse than Halo 5. That's an achievement on its own.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12954 Posts

Nice 👍 another cow Halo thread. Cows still melting down over the great success of Halo Infinite.

This is gonna be good!

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

They'll stop when 343 delivers on what they promised.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:

So never then.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hardwenzen

Just look at the Halo show. Someone at 343i/MS green lit the scrip. Let that sink in and don't expect any improvements ANYTHING Halo related.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

One of the most mechanically solid games I have played in a while. Shame about the lack of content.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#8 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

I like the fixes, but they really need to get the broken VRR situation with the engine figured out.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

Halo: Infinite's campaign was solid good but lack of replay kept me away from playing further into the MP.

*When will the gaming media stop talking bad about Halo: Infinite*

The media did stop talking about it since ER came out...but the Cows for odd reasons keep bringing it up.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

I really enjoyed the game at launch. Nice to see them continue to improve and add on to it. Look forward to seeing more improvements and content in the future. 👍

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Just look at the Halo show. Someone at 343i/MS green lit the scrip. Let that sink in and don't expect any improvements ANYTHING Halo related.

no one cares... the lore of halo is a utter mess.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hardwenzen

@firedrakes said:
@hardwenzen said:

What do you mean no one cares? If nobody cared, a sea of people wouldn't be bitching.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3399 Posts

Cool game but 343 should be put in the trash.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Seems like a game most people can’t stop talking about? How long has it been out? Cow’s bring up Halo Infinite more often than newly released PS5 games,lol. Myself, I’m concerned about games releasing on my console,Not what’s released on other platforms. Insecurity problems perhaps? 🤡

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KvallyX

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Almost 3 years later we are still waiting for the second half of TLOU2. Cows should keep the same energy for that game.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44063 Posts

lol :P

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

@daredevils2k: Another day, another cow making Halo threads.

For all the crap you cows talk about Halo, it just reaffirms your deep down cow jelly that it's not on your beloved console. The green monster on your shoulders is bigger than The Hulk.

Microsoft lives in your heads for free.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

87 meta and 9 out of 10 got these fake cows up at night🤣

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

It's the same story as Star Wars. The original story was good and he finished his story after the mediocre prequels. He sold to Disney and now the IP is trash with new writers redoing things and adding in their own crap to bloat the IP, when it was all done and finished.

Same with Halo. The story was great with 1-3, ODST, and Reach. It concluded. Then Bungie left Microsoft, 343 picked up the rights, and the new writers made all this new shit and made poor to average games, with the latest being similar to Far Cry in a dull empty open world.

It is the same thing over and over. Every time the original guy(s) leave (particularly the writers/directors), the new guys just can't hold a candle to the old stuff. It happens every time.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hardwenzen

I love how lems think that just because threads are being made on SW and the game is being talked about on youtube a good bunch, is because the title is popular. The game is "popular" for the same reasons Fallout76, Anthem, Avengers and Andromeda were lmao. All its been getting is negative press🤭But its better to get the negative press than to be completely forgotten like Halo 5 within two to three months after launch, right?

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

@hardwenzen: It is honestly really sad. I would have loved to love the new Halo games, but I can't. They are very average or just plain boring compared to what the old games used to be. The old Halos used to move consoles! They sold so well and everyone and their grandma was playing Halo back in the 2000s.

It is just sad to see it all fall apart but like I said above, the original guys aren't really involved anymore and the story was complete before the new company picked it up.

Gotta milk the cow.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SecretPolice  Online

Good stuff. :P

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hardwenzen

@poe13 said:

@hardwenzen: It is honestly really sad. I would have loved to love the new Halo games, but I can't. They are very average or just plain boring compared to what the old games used to be. The old Halos used to move consoles! They sold so well and everyone and their grandma was playing Halo back in the 2000s.

It is just sad to see it all fall apart but like I said above, the original guys aren't really involved anymore and the story was complete before the new company picked it up.

Gotta milk the cow.

I mean, the story is honestly not important at all. If this dev had a vision for the series, they could've properly expanded it, made a new story or completely abandon Chief (would be a very divisive choice, but if the gameplay, story and level design is great, people would stop bitchin's within a week... and down the line, most likely appreciate the change), and make us play a *more* human soldier that's in the same shitshow of a war.

This series (and Gears, as i've been saying for years) needs a drastic change. And i am not talking about adding a grapple hook or other minor additions into the game.

I think that even if the game was good and offered a lot of content (something similar to Reach), it wouldn't be enough. Yes, it would be well received by critics, fans and gamers in general, but that would not be enough to compete with the big boys, and from my understanding, that's what MS is trying to achieve. Sad thing is, is that they can compete with the biggest shooters if the series is evolved into something fresh and snappy.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KvallyX

@simple-facts said:

87 meta and 9 out of 10 got these fake cows up at night🤣

Cows love Halo!!!

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8057 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

I love how lems think that just because threads are being made on SW and the game is being talked about on youtube a good bunch, is because the title is popular.

yet Halo Infinite is still in the top 10 most played games on Xbox right now.. 🤷🏽‍♂️

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hardwenzen

@Antwan3K said:
@hardwenzen said:

I love how lems think that just because threads are being made on SW and the game is being talked about on youtube a good bunch, is because the title is popular.

yet Halo Infinite is still in the top 10 most played games on Xbox right now.. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Everyone could be playing all the multiplats on playstation or pc, and it being in the top 10 is supposed to mean something? If it was competing with Warzone, Apex, Fortnite, etc, you'd have a point, but in the top 10? Who the hell cares.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@dabear said:

@daredevils2k: Another day, another cow making Halo threads.

For all the crap you cows talk about Halo, it just reaffirms your deep down cow jelly that it's not on your beloved console. The green monster on your shoulders is bigger than The Hulk.

Microsoft lives in your heads for free.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KvallyX

@Antwan3K said:
@hardwenzen said:

The problem is, while Halo Infinite is #7 for Xbox, the cows look at their games most popular:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/pages/browse/1

An Xbox Game Studios game, Fallout 4 (16th), is outselling Horizon Forbidden West (95th). Even looking at Most Downloaded, Horizon Forbidden West is behind MLB the Show 22, Elden Ring and FIFA 22 😂

Horizon Forbidden West only has 794 viewers on Twitch, lol!

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BassMan

The people who like Halo will continue to play it or wait for more content. The game is good and will continue to get better. Excessive shitting on the game is not going to change that.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

@SecretPolice: In the hearts and minds of people everywhere! Hail to the king baby! 😎

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Fedor

Surprised it's still the 10th most played Xbox game, fell off a cliff on PC.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Antwan3K

@hardwenzen said:
@Antwan3K said:
@hardwenzen said:

Everyone could be playing all the multiplats on playstation or pc, and it being in the top 10 is supposed to mean something? If it was competing with Warzone, Apex, Fortnite, etc, you'd have a point, but in the top 10? Who the hell cares.

the point is that an "unpopular" game that "no one cares about" is still in the top 10 most played games on Xbox along with Warzone, Apex, Fortnite, GTAV, Elden Ring, and Destiny 2..

your narrative simply doesn't match reality..

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By hardwenzen
@Antwan3K said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Antwan3K said:
@hardwenzen said:

the point is that an "unpopular" game that "no one cares about" is still in the top 10 most played games on Xbox along with Warzone, Apex, Fortnite, GTAV, Elden Ring, and Destiny 2..

Its yours that doesn't match reality of what's been happening to the series since H4. How many titles have MS released since before the X was even out? Nothing. They forgot what it means to release a video game. There are less than 10 popular third party multiplayer titles, and since MS hasn't made anything else, Infinite has to be at the bottom of the list by default, it is a f2p title afterall. If MS offered more than one title in years, and it wasn't shit, Infinite wouldn't be on the list. I also find it funny how you're talking about a top 10 when this series used to be #1 or at least a top 3. How standards have downgraded over the years😱. Soon, y'all gonna be proud of Halo being in the top 30 lol.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#35 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69470 Posts

I look forward to next week's installment of "Meanwhile, Halo Infinite Edition "😂

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@daredevils2k: The media will talk about Halo for years to come…unlike HZDfw which nobody is talking about.

Question is, when will cows stop talking about Halo? Maaaaaybe when they get a game that comes close….or maybe just one with any type of mp.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Antwan3K
@hardwenzen said:
@Antwan3K said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Antwan3K said:

Its yours that doesn't match reality of what's been happening to the series since H4. How many titles have MS released since before the X was even? Nothing. They forgot what it means to release a video game. There are less than 10 popular third party multiplayer titles, and since MS hasn't made anything else, Infinite has to be at the bottom of the list by default, it is a f2p title afterall. If MS offered more than one title in years, and it wasn't shit, Infinite wouldn't be on the list. I also find it funny how you're talking about a top 10 when this series used to be #1 or at least a top 3. How standards have downgraded over the years😱. Soon, y'all gonna be proud of Halo being in the top 30 lol.

Halo as an IP isn't a juggernaut anymore.. and absolutely no one is trying to argue otherwise.. 🤷🏽‍♂️

but at the end of the day, Halo Infinite is a 9/10 on Gamespot, an 87 on Metacritic, and is still in the top 10 most played games on Xbox after launching 6 months ago..

again, your entire narrative simply doesn't match reality..

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
@fedor said:

Are we talking about Steam charts? I played it through the Game Pass PC version even though it's through the W10/Xbox App. I stop playing it after January so I lost track of where this game went lol.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BassMan

@hardwenzen: Unreal Tournament and Quake used to be on top too. Where are they now? UT is dead and Quake Champions is irrelevant. Halo most resembles those games as an old school arena shooter. Bottom line is those games are not very popular these days. So, expecting Halo to continue to top the charts is not realistic purely based on the type of game that it is, regardless of its execution.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Fedor

@davillain said:
@fedor said:

Are we talking about Steam charts? I played it through the Game Pass PC version even though it's through the W10/Xbox App. I stop playing it after January so I lost track of where this game went lol.

Nope, Xbox only. It's not even in the top 100 on Steam.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@firedrakes said:
@hardwenzen said:

What do you mean no one cares? If nobody cared, a sea of people wouldn't be bitching.

nobody has ever cared about the halo story, you need to let that sink in. Xbox gamers for the most part don't care about movie games. The story is one part, and personally I think its important, but halo story lines have always been pretty trash, nobody will ever deny that. At the end of the day, the gameplay makes things work, and it ties into the story line overall to make a fantastic package.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DaVillain  Moderator

@fedor: Yikes! Yeah, that's low alright on PC and for a F2P game, it doesn't help it at all. I'd rather play Destiny 2 despite its ridiculous DLC.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KvallyX

@fedor said:

Ewe! PC! Ewe!

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

I dunno. You seem to still want to talk about it.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts

As long as it stays unfinished, I hope the flak continues. It should've been delayed around 3 years more. That way 343i maybe could've released a Halo with a campaign playable in coop and a MP that has more modes and stages. Would've been awesome instead of what we got. Pretty tired of AAA developers releasing unfinished games, acting like they aren't early access.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hardwenzen

@x_hedon said:
@fedor said:

Ewe! PC! Ewe!

PC gamers have standards. Xbox fans/lems are desperate to play anything, and take what they can. No wonder its in the top 10.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#47 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69470 Posts

@Litchie said:

As long as it stays unfinished, I hope the flak continues. It should've been delayed around 3 years more. That way 343i maybe could've released a Halo with a campaign playable in coop and a MP that has more modes and stages. Would've been awesome instead of what we got. Pretty tired of AAA developers releasing unfinished games, acting like they aren't early access.

Stop talking about Coop. No-one plays Halo for the coop. Says the apologists. 😂

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Litchie

@Pedro said:

Yeah, the way I see it, who the hell plays Halo alone? Coop makes it waaay more fun. If I want to play a SP FPS, there's many things I'd choose over a Halo game.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SecretPolice  Online

@Litchie said:
@Pedro said:

Yeah, the way I see it, who the hell plays Halo alone? Coop makes it waaay more fun. If I want to play a SP FPS, there's many things I'd choose over a Halo game.

Yeah, that's right, you Herd me. lololol :P

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Litchie

@SecretPolice: I'd rather play a Half-Life than a Halo alone.

But I'd rather sit on a cactus than play Sony's games. Or.. "games".