When was the last time a Microsoft first-party game won an overall GotY award?

• 58 results
Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 BenjaminBanklin  Online
Member since 2004 • 11090 Posts
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Lol, we can all see right through your fanboy bullsh*t... don't act like you're being all serious.

And having a quick look at you cows' favourite website, Metacritic, I see that Forza Horizon 4 has a higher overall score than cow/industry favourites like Spiderman & Horizon Zero Dawn, and neck and neck with industry darlings God of War & Uncharted 4. So not doing too badly.

And the best is yet to come.

I mean, if we're being honest though, most of the perfect scores on Metacritic came from Xbox fan sites. Don't you want a game that the whole industry can say is great instead of getting boosted by the usual suspects? Spider-Man was enjoyed by the masses, while FH4 appeals to an extremely limited crowd. There's nothing with FH4 that can WOW anyone, due to the confining nature of racing gameplay. Yes, you can take a car offroad, but in the end, it's still a car.

Do you not think Xbox deserves a better caliber title than that? So you guys don't look at year end lists feeling left out and salty?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#52 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

@tgob89 said:

@Pedro:

As an aside, not a game of the year winner, but my favorite xbox game was Blinx the Time Sweeper. It's better than any Sony platformer ever made IMHO and one of the best platforming games ever made.

Loading Video...

If any game MS produced should have won a GOTY award I think it should have been that game.

The most imaginative, fresh and original game that ever came from Microsoft game studios. Probably the only 3D platformer I've genially loved but this was an original xbox title when MS was all in on producing new original games for the system.

If you've never played it, you should try it.

I don't really care for GOTY titles. I just play games and rate it on my preferences. I preface this to say that Blinx was OK, it just felt a bit clunky and I was playing it I believe last year with BC. It is still a pretty solid game. I would have picked Jet Set Radio Future over this game. But now that you mentioned it I may just give it another go. :)

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

@Pedro said:
@tgob89 said:

@Pedro:

As an aside, not a game of the year winner, but my favorite xbox game was Blinx the Time Sweeper. It's better than any Sony platformer ever made IMHO and one of the best platforming games ever made.

If any game MS produced should have won a GOTY award I think it should have been that game.

The most imaginative, fresh and original game that ever came from Microsoft game studios. Probably the only 3D platformer I've genially loved but this was an original xbox title when MS was all in on producing new original games for the system.

If you've never played it, you should try it.

I don't really care for GOTY titles. I just play games and rate it on my preferences. I preface this to say that Blinx was OK, it just felt a bit clunky and I was playing it I believe last year with BC. It is still a pretty solid game. I would have picked Jet Set Radio Future over this game. But now that you mentioned it I may just give it another go. :)

Do that!

Also, Jet Set Radio is Sega Studios game not Microsoft, Sega just generously loaned that to their platform after Sony ran them out the console business (main reason why I jumped to xbox before even touching a Sony system).

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#54 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

@tgob89 said:

Do that!

Also, Jet Set Radio is Sega Studios game not Microsoft, Sega just generously loaned that to their platform after Sony ran them out the console business (main reason why I jumped to xbox before even touching a Sony system).

I know its Sega. I wasn't thinking in context of exclusives (never really do) my bad for losing track of the context.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: Racing games don't count as real "Games" to them since they are lucky to get 2 for the whole gen and they flop lately.

God of War has like what 13 iterations, Uncharted like what 6-7 maybe more? (If we are counting Vita too) Also how many GT's 13? Talk about milking franchises!

And Xbox is all Halo/Gears /Forza? Take a hike. You wanted them to get new ip they have 14 studios and counting! Sorry Your team is skipping the big dance because they have nothing to show, but you really need to get that sand out your vagina.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

@the-a-baum: Lol, nailed it.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

@the-a-baum: Lol, nailed it.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

I believe that Gears 5 will be nominated for GOTY in 2019.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59 Zappat
Member since 2018 • 1592 Posts
@kenshiro3948 said:

So instead of answering the OP's question lemmings in here are attacking him with childish 4th grade insults?

He really got under you guys' skin. What bunch of salty crybabies.

lol lemmings are so easily triggered. OP did a good job shaking the nest of xbox fannies