Whats your least fav game you played this generation?

• 87 results
Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24922 Posts

Hello friends,

we have talk about best games this and that. in this thread we talk about whats the least fav or worst game you have played this generation? imo there is a different between games that are overrated and games that are just flatout bad. RE2 is an example of overrated game and wolfenstein 2 is an example of flatout bad game. this gen i have played many mediocre to terrible games like tomb raider, wolfenstein 2, far cry 4 and 5, assassins creed origins, MGS5 and witcher 3 and so fourth.

however imo 2 games standout for being very bad and i consider them my least fav and worst games this generation has seen imo are

Tomb raider reboot games and Wolfenstein 2. Tomb raider is perfect example of how not to make a video game. scripted QTE fest. and wolfenstein 2 is disgrace to be called FPS. its just 70 percent cutscene of bad story and remaining gameplay with level design is not good.

so apart from those 2 i cant think anygame this gen has been this kind of bad.

so friends, whats your least fav game this gen? lets discuss

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61484 Posts

Doom.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Metro

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

MGS 5. The hype was insane. The reviews were coming in unanimously positive. But in the end, there were too many long cutscenes taking itself way too seriously, a lot of clunky traversing, animations that hindered gameplay, and a lacklustre online component. Is it the worst game this gen? No, that’s not the topic, but it did disappoint me the most in terms of what we were promised and sold.

Also...

Titanfall 2. They worsened the multiplayer component which was what fans of the franchise were introduced to.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@Sevenizz said:

Titanfall 2. They worsened the multiplayer component which was what fans of the franchise were introduced to.

Titanfall 2 actually has great SP. and thats what all matters.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#6 strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

Kill Zone Shadowfall. I really should give it another shot though.

Love Farcry 4 though.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

New Order.

Having been a fan of Return Of Castle Wolfenstein and coming to this shit, which critics and fans praised (including TB and GGmanlives), it was fucking appalling.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

New Order.

Having been a fan of Return Of Castle Wolfenstein and coming to this shit, which critics and fans praised (including TB and GGmanlives), it was fucking appalling.

new order was pretty bad but new colossus is far worst. even ggmanlives hate new colossus.

both games made wolfenstein worst FPS franchise today. im pretty sure youngblood or whatever coming out involving BJ daughters will be much worse.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Except to multiplayer fans which were the first to embrace the franchise.

Besides - this is an opinion thread so who cares what you think of mine?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

New Order.

new order was pretty bad but new colossus is far worst. even ggmanlives hate new colossus.

both games made wolfenstein worst FPS franchise today. im pretty sure youngblood or whatever coming out involving BJ daughters will be much worse.

Oh god I forgot about that. Polygon must be fapping until their foreskin is billowing up smoke.

It's worth noting as well, RTCW not also had a fucking boss SP, it's MP was top tier. And then we got free shit in the form of Enemy Territory on top of that.

No MP, Just a shitty over-scripted garbo movie game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

New Order.

Oh god I forgot about that. Polygon must be fapping until their foreskin is starting to burn.

It's worth noting as well, RTCW not also had a fucking boss SP, it's MP was top tier. And then we got free shit in the form of Enemy Territory on top of that.

No MP is plus for me always but having such a bad SP game is disgusting.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

Replaying Wolfenstein II right now, I replayed The New Order and The Old Blood 3 times as well, great games!

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:

Replaying Wolfenstein II right now, I replayed The New Order and The Old Blood 3 times as well, great games!

meanwhile i started my second playthrough of Metro Exodus. it crap all over wolfenstein games. although cutscene are problem but not much like wolfenstien.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

Rimworld

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 uninspiredcup  Online

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

New Order.

Oh god I forgot about that. Polygon must be fapping until their foreskin is starting to burn.

No MP is plus for me always but having such a bad SP game is disgusting.

Necrovision was far more enjoyable and clearly inspired by RTCW even though it's a broken shag-heap.

Loading Video...
robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

For honour just couldn't get into it.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

i'll differentiate least favorite and worst.

worst would be "the ground tour video game" which I had the displeasure off reviewing recently.

'least favorite' would actually be Apex Legends. I haven't bounced off a well-regarded game so hard in quite a while. IMO it completely misses the point of what makes the BR formula work (as do most games that have copied the mode from PUBG) which is a super slow pace and enough downtime to make encounters terrifying and thrilling when they do happen. to me its like a boring slow-paced overwatch rather than a fast and exciting BR.

MGSV would be a close runner up for least favorite. Its just so fucking bland even though the core mechanics are really solid.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Robbie23  Online
Member since 2015 • 2078 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Agreed with RE 2 being over rated. I did not enjoy it.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts
  • Mafia 3 this game had so much promise great characters story and setting but it was ruined by repetitive lazy mission design it was also pretty buggy and the AI is dumb as bricks the open world was so empty and lifeless.
  • RE7 boring walking simulator it was the most scary RE game but also the most boring.
  • Deus EX mankind divided it feels outdated combat sucks animation are robotic this series needs a huge change.
DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56105 Posts

Don't really care about trolling Ghost so I'm being serious on this thread. Least favorite games of this generation I played so are:

• Resident Evil 7
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Knack 2
  • Titanfall
  • Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
  • Anthem
  • Batman Arkham Knight
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  • Watch Dogs
  • Dead Island Remastered
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R4gn4r0k

@davillain-:The first Titanfall?

O_o

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@R4gn4r0k said:

@davillain-:The first Titanfall?

O_o

I meant the first game. I was all into the MP but the campaign was very weak and very disappointing. I totally had lots of fun with Titanfall 2 for it's awesome Campaign.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Haven't really played anything objectively disastrous, but probably State of Decay 2. Just such a flat soulless game after a while. Could really use better crafting mechanics to prolong its fun factor.

Age of Empire remaster is still a good game, but they cut corners HARD and it's almost more infuriating to have such glaring phone-ins on top of a beloved title

*edit* oh wait, I forgot about Order 1886. A lot of people note the potential and awesome setting, and I agree. But the game is painfully restricted. All those cool mechanics and gadgets? You mean that you use only once each in a predefined situation? The characters you don't get a chance to give a crap about? The levels are so small and linear... It's almost like a legit on-rails shooter. A really really really slow one.

I'd be interested in a (much improved) sequel, but that one actually probably gets my vote.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Battlefront 1 disappointed me like nothing has ever before or after. I played the open beta because I’ve been a big Star Wars games fan since the SNES even playing all the pc greats like Tie Fighter and Rebel Assault and this game with no story and nothing for single player fun just made my EA hatred official. I have not since even downloaded a free game from EA since. No betas. Nothing. They made it personal when they held Wing Comander hostage and it felt like they were rubbing in an old wound when they captured Star Wars too. Now all the hopes I have for a fun game like those is Squadron 42 if it ever releases. It would have been a new Wing Commander game if EA would’ve just sold back the Wing Commander IP to Chris Roberts but instead chose to hold it hostage for no reason and now we have to settle for Sq 42 and Star Citizen. Man I hate EA!!

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#26 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Anthem or Destiny 2. It's tough to pick, but I think Destiny 2 (launch).

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Ratchet & Clank - Unbelievably boring and generic in all aspects

BotW - Got rid of everything I loved in Zelda, while added a whole bunch of annoying mechanics

Mario Odyssey - Very lackluster stage design, and a big step back from Galaxy 1 & 2 and 3D World

Arkham Knight - **** the Batmobile. 'nuff said.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 R4gn4r0k

@davillain- said:

I meant the first game. I was all into the MP but the campaign was very weak and very disappointing. I totally had lots of fun with Titanfall 2 for it's awesome Campaign.

I never bothered with that because I had an ultrawide at the time and the videos on the side got cut off for me. By the time that got fixed, everyone was done with the campaign already anyway.

But damn, the multiplayer in Titanfall 1 was such a blast. They took Call of Duty gameplay and polished it up to perfection: parkour for the pilots, big ass mechs joining the fight.

The only, literally the only bad thing I can say about Titanfall 1 is that it lacked meaningfull progression.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 R4gn4r0k

@vaidream45 said:

Battlefront 1 disappointed me like nothing has ever before or after. I played the open beta because I’ve been a big Star Wars games fan since the SNES even playing all the pc greats like Tie Fighter and Rebel Assault and this game with no story and nothing for single player fun just made my EA hatred official. I have not since even downloaded a free game from EA since. No betas. Nothing. They made it personal when they held Wing Comander hostage and it felt like they were rubbing in an old wound when they captured Star Wars too. Now all the hopes I have for a fun game like those is Squadron 42 if it ever releases. It would have been a new Wing Commander game if EA would’ve just sold back the Wing Commander IP to Chris Roberts but instead chose to hold it hostage for no reason and now we have to settle for Sq 42 and Star Citizen. Man I hate EA!!

Battlefront II was an even worse disappointment for me.

They were talking about learning all this stuff from the first game: How they were gonna include more content, more eras from the movies, include a singleplayer, balance up the heroes, make the flying better...

I was actually really looking forward to the beta. It came out and I played it... and it was just no fun. Battlefront 1 was at least a lot of fun, I loved it in beta and I loved it when I finally bought the ultimate edition for 5 euro. The game was unfair and unbalanced as hell, but at least it was fun.

Battlefront II's multiplayer didn't just leave a bad impression because it was no fun, the whole starcard system was made even more unbalanced and unfair.

How can you screw up such a simple game concept... twice :(

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lundy86_4  Online

@R4gn4r0k: I played the TF2 campaign recently, and it was very good. If you have 6 hours to kill, go nuts... It's short, but far more engrossing than some campaigns i've played.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3055 Posts

@robbie23: Out of curiosity, what didn't you guys not like about it? For me it's one of the best games I've played this gen, so it makes me wonder if it's just not your style of game or did you find something objectively wrong with it?

Least favorite would probably be some crap like Let It Die or something, but most disappointing would be Fallout 4, RDR2, Destiny and GoW. But I wouldn't necessarily call them bad games, just disappointing.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 uninspiredcup  Online

Seems a lot of folk ain't too down with RDR2. GTA4 all over again.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@davillain-: almost the same as me, except I liked batman more than the older game because of the bat car.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By lundy86_4  Online

@uninspiredcup said:

Seems a lot of folk ain't too down with RDR2. GTA4 all over again.

It was far too slow in the build-up for my tastes. Then the game-play was so slow that I just gave it up.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#36 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2564 Posts

Valkyria Azure Revolution; I can't get myself to hate the game, but it's a bad game, the gameplay is so easy and unispired that becomes a chore and has so many cutscenes that can put several metal gear games to shame.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

Either Wolfenstein games.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

@adsparky: I remember being very hyped for the first trailer, but after getting a look of the gameplay (both before and after they shoehorned turn based mechanics), I was like, "nope." Thankfully, we got a real VC4 eventually.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

LOL at first 2 replys.

TBH, Quake Chumpions.

way to kill a franchise.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

Deus Ex Mankind Divided, easy, but I thought Human Revolution sucked and this one wasn't any better, but I tried.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@Ant_17 said:

@davillain-: almost the same as me, except I liked batman more than the older game because of the bat car.

I felt the Batmobile was force being used and not much to go around. I do like the game but at the same time, it was Rocksteady's weakest Batman game yet but not the worst either.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By lundy86_4  Online

@dxmcat said:

LOL at first 2 replys.

TBH, Quake Chumpions.

way to kill a franchise.

As for mine, it was a poke at TC. He just regurgitates the same shit so much that I just won't post seriously in response. Doom was a brilliant game lol.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Dragon Quest Heroes.

I played less than 30 minutes and decided to sell it. The voice acting is atrocious. Very cringy and don't like the British voiceover in this game. That stupid Slime voiceover is the shittest of them all. A squeaky, girly, irritating voice coming from my controller speaker ticks me off.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

My least favorite games out of what I have played this generation are:

-Resident Evil 7

-Uncharted 4

-The Witcher 3

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 643 Posts

@ghosts4ever: We must have very different taste which is OK, to each their own, but almost every game you listed there as terrible I think are some of the best, most enjoyable games on the market, I think they are great games that I very much enjoy. I love Witcher 3, the new tomb raider games, wolfenstein 2, far cry 4 and 5, and Assassins creed origins, I think they are some of the very best games on the market.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

I have to say Last of Us, Uncharted 4, Detroit Become Movie etc.

Now some of you wont believe i played them, but its true i did, i mean i had to press play on YouTube which is about the same level of interactivity without wasting money on a PS4 :)

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

Fate/Extella...

It's like this anime styled game and it just played absolutely terrible... one of the most broken games ever brought me back to like the sonic 1 days...

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

Forgive my double post I was going to edit but that failed... I think I maybe just pressed the wrong button I'll try again tomorrow.... with it working...

Basically I've avoided quite a few .... and Fate/Extella is just a decent good solid game for some people perhaps but I personally just had the worst experience, all there is to it.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

GTAV.

12 hours in and I just zzzz..........

The game sucks. It's only popular because edgy violence and bro culture. It's a delivery boy sim with guns and cars.

z.z.zzzz........

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#50 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Hello friends,

we have talk about best games this and that. in this thread we talk about whats the least fav or worst game you have played this generation? imo there is a different between games that are overrated and games that are just flatout bad. RE2 is an example of overrated game and wolfenstein 2 is an example of flatout bad game. this gen i have played many mediocre to terrible games like tomb raider, wolfenstein 2, far cry 4 and 5, assassins creed origins, MGS5 and witcher 3 and so fourth.

however imo 2 games standout for being very bad and i consider them my least fav and worst games this generation has seen imo are

Tomb raider reboot games and Wolfenstein 2. Tomb raider is perfect example of how not to make a video game. scripted QTE fest. and wolfenstein 2 is disgrace to be called FPS. its just 70 percent cutscene of bad story and remaining gameplay with level design is not good.

so apart from those 2 i cant think anygame this gen has been this kind of bad.

so friends, whats your least fav game this gen? lets discuss

I haven't gotten too far into RE2 yet to make that call. However, I thought Wolfenstein 2 was decent...not horrible and the setting was really cool. Tomb Raider was pretty good as well and even the last couple of ACs haven't been a snooze fest. However, I actually really enjoyed Far Cry 5 and has been one of my favorite this gen. I am also one of the people that quite enjoyed MGS5. The gameplay was pretty great, but the story lacked compared to previous titles.