What's the point of a Xbox One X if it has no exclusives?

• 84 results
appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

If you simply must have the best version of every multiplat then the xbox one x is for you.

I think you misspelled PC.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@jv303 said:

I'll break from Team PlayStation here for a second and say...

According to NDP, top 10 selling games on either platform last year were all multiplats, save for the 9th spot on each (On PS4, Last Guardian, on Xbox, Forza Horizon 3).

Neither Uncharted nor Gears made their respective lists, which surprised me.

So if the vast majority of what people are playing is multiplat, then yeah... power makes a difference.

A game available on three platforms is usually going to sell more than a game selling on only one.

The fact that games like Gears and Uncharted can be exclusive and still sell 5-10 million copies is a pretty amazing feat.

cyberpunk_2077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#53  Edited By cyberpunk_2077
Member since 2015 • 627 Posts

What's the point of a Xbox One X if it has no exclusives?

The point being that it's not just about the exclusives lol.....that being said I could share your concern in regards with Microsoft lagging behind on the exclusives department.

There is still value in purchasing this console regardless and so I see it selling...How well though will remain to be seen.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

There are several video game systems that died because all they had were exclusives and no or very few third party games.

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 gfxpipeline
Member since 2014 • 543 Posts

Last I checked 4k TV market penetration was only about 15 percent.

The number of people who:

* Have a 4k TV

* AND are willing to spend 500 dollars

* AND care about anything the Xbox offers - the Xbox One is bombing in sales with only some 26 million sold

* AND don't already have a decent PC where they can play any of the Xbox One X games

Is very small.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Microsoft is a conglomerate in the gaming business as they cater to their PC consumers and Xbox console consumers. It is a known fact that more PC games are getting ported over to the Xbox console and this always benefit their Xbox console only owners. The reality is that there are people that prefer console gaming than gaming on the PC. People like you especially alts acts like that every PC are all the same and will run every game the same. The fact is that, no, not all PC are the same, not all PC will run and make games look as good as the most powerful console, the Xbox One X. They need to implement the no new thread unless you got 1000 posts rule here.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

It's not really that much of a mystery really. I use a PC to play a lot of my games, but for those who want to play games like Halo, or Forza and Gears without a PC, there's a console that plays them.

If you have a capable PC, then sure, an Xbox console is not a very good idea, but if you don't, it's ok.
I'll add that I think Microsoft is making a huge mistake by focusing only on power. If you can play Xbox games on PC, why not just get a 1080/Ti and play all of them with console killing settings? That being said, it's not a mystery why people still buy the Xbox console.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#58 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Lems: Multi-plats are what matters.

Why didn't you buy a PS4 at the start of the gen? Remember, exclusives don't matter.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@appariti0n said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

If you simply must have the best version of every multiplat then the xbox one x is for you.

I think you misspelled PC.

Oh please, most PC users don't even have all those expensive graphics cards or play games on the highest settings.

It's like a ton of people bragging about something they don't have and don't use.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

@Random_Matt: That's a very interesting question that Xbox Fanboys will either avoid or make some claim about exclusives.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
@Random_Matt said:

Lems: Multi-plats are what matters.

Why didn't you buy a PS4 at the start of the gen? Remember, exclusives don't matter.

I'm pretty sure even xbox owners own a PS4 at this point.

I remember PS4 played the "our multiplats are better" card for years. Mostly because most third party games were 900p on xbox and 1080p on the ps4. Sure, it was mostly fueled by the idea that the xbox cost MORE and gave you less. But none the less, that was the greatest case made for the PS4 at the time.

So the goal post has moved to exclusives now that they finally got some.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Playing games, watching netflix

Ya know, same shit people do on PS4

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Man, where's the 500+ post rule when you need it ?

Ahhhh, the good old days .....

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22378 Posts

@raugutcon said:

Man, where's the 500+ post rule when you need it ?

Ahhhh, the good old days .....

Oh how sweet it would be!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#65 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@SecretPolice said:
@Sam3231 said:

I buy Xbox just to spite Sony for not bringing their games to PC.

Chuckling....

LOL that is amusing. I buy Xbox because none of my MP gaming friends play PS. What good is it outside a few SP games I like?

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By EndofAugust
Member since 2017 • 812 Posts

@tormentos said:
@endofaugust said:
@pinkanimal said:

@kangarbloodyroo: there's no real point, only lemmings fall for such a useless console.

Useless in the fact that it plays games better than a PlayStation by a wide margin and can do things a PlayStation cannot? Is that the synonymous phrasing for useless now?

Hahhahaaa by a wide margin...lol

@endofaugust said:

100% and 200% resolution differences is a wide margin by any metric.

What 200% gap?

Oh really? so you consider the gap between the slim PS4 and xbox one S to be wide margin?

@endofaugust said:

I have a better PC than this console, my use for it is staggeringly different though.

Also as you may have seen, PC requirements for Forza Motorsports 7 that essentially match what the Xbox One X is doing would cost you well in excess of $1,000. This is the problem with PC's even with general optimizations only so much can be done, so much compute is wasted having to brute force code.

Hahahahahaa so you have a PC stronger than the xbox one X but don't use it for gaming? Wait why in hell would you even want an xbox one X most exclusives on xbox lands on PC and since you already have stronger hardware is a no brainer skipping the xbox one.

Yeah that is for Forza which is a fu** up game on PC and which probably MS hold intentionally to pretend its hardware is as powerful as a 1080gtx...lol

Yeah you need a Ryzen 7 for PC but for xbox one X a shitty jaguar,that is the point where you see how screw up Forza is.

• 100% - 200% gains in resolution is a wide margin by any definition of the phrase.
  • World of Tanks is native 4K on Xbox One X, it checkerboards to 1800p on the PlayStation 4 Pro e.g. the 200% resolution margin.
  • My PC priorities are on game and display performance, 4K is not an ideal performance threshold currently, not only due to the lack of competent display technology and refresh rates but also due to hardware not being able to properly push it without spending insane amounts of money.
  • The Xbox One X will grant me 4K/HDR experiences for $500, for a console that's fine by me. By purchasing this I don't have to sacrifice a ridiculous amount of money upgrading my PC, I don't have to sacrifice my refresh rate, I don't have to sacrifice my framerate, my PC exists and functions in a way I want it to and targets something completely different.
@Phazevariance said:

Exclusives make up something like less than 10% of the gaming market. So I suppose you could say, the X1X will run 90% of all games better and the last 10% it won't have access to. Exclusives are nice but have nothign to do with hardware or the bulk of games that are available.

They make up about 3%.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#67 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Here's my deal. I still game on a 720p TV and am happy with what I have so far. I just finished Horizon Zero dawn and thought it looked fantastic, and my friend was trying to convince me to upgrade to 4K and get a Pro so it could look even better. Problem is, a 4K TV is hundreds of dollars. A PS4 Pro is hundreds of dollars. Since I'm happy with games in 720p, it serves absolutely no purpose for me to invest hundreds of dollars into a 4K TV and an X1X just so I can experience multiplats with higher resolutions. Completely unnecessary.

I'll upgrade to 4K when my old TV dies (surprised it's lived this long, almost 10 years) and I'll buy an X1X when they actually make a game for it that I can't play on my Xbox One.

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 gfxpipeline
Member since 2014 • 543 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:

Here's my deal. I still game on a 720p TV and am happy with what I have so far. I just finished Horizon Zero dawn and thought it looked fantastic, and my friend was trying to convince me to upgrade to 4K and get a Pro so it could look even better. Problem is, a 4K TV is hundreds of dollars. A PS4 Pro is hundreds of dollars. Since I'm happy with games in 720p, it serves absolutely no purpose for me to invest hundreds of dollars into a 4K TV and an X1X just so I can experience multiplats with higher resolutions. Completely unnecessary.

I'll upgrade to 4K when my old TV dies (surprised it's lived this long, almost 10 years) and I'll buy an X1X when they actually make a game for it that I can't play on my Xbox One.

You're not alone.

4k TV market penetration is only 15 percent or so. There just isn't a big rush with consumers to buy new 4k sets. Most people are perfectly happy to wait until their current sets die or need to be replaced.

That is why it silly for people to talk about Pro sales numbers. It isn't worth replacing both your PS4 and your current TV with a PS4 Pro and 4k TV. Until the PS5 is released games will be built for 1080p. 4k versions of games are just uprezzed with some token graphical upgrades here and there.

The same goes for the Xbox One X. All games for the system are going to be uprezzed versions of 1080p games.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#70 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@gfxpipeline said:

Last I checked 4k TV market penetration was only about 15 percent.

The number of people who:

* Have a 4k TV

* AND are willing to spend 500 dollars

* AND care about anything the Xbox offers - the Xbox One is bombing in sales with only some 26 million sold

* AND don't already have a decent PC where they can play any of the Xbox One X games

Is very small.

Why are you "checking" on these things?

Why aren't you just overwhelmed by your Sony or Nintendo console?

Why does it bother you that others like something you don't?

I don't want to play with strangers as I do on MP games on PS. I want to play with Army buddies and friends. You seem offended by this.

Ryu_Silveira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Ryu_Silveira
Member since 2017 • 167 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:

Do you own a flip phone as well? Because damn...lmfao.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#72 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@ryu_silveira said:
@JustPlainLucas said:

No, but my phone is going on four years old.... Anyway... As I said, I'm happy with my TV that still works just like it did back when I bought it, and it really is unnecessary for me to buy a new one. I'd rather spend those hundreds of dollars on things like other games.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#73 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts

The exclusive situation for the Xbox One X in stores this year is looking like this.

Ryu_Silveira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Ryu_Silveira
Member since 2017 • 167 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:
@ryu_silveira said:
@JustPlainLucas said:

No, but my phone is going on four years old.... Anyway... As I said, I'm happy with my TV that still works just like it did back when I bought it, and it really is unnecessary for me to buy a new one. I'd rather spend those hundreds of dollars on things like other games.

Hahaha I was teasing but if you're happy man you're happy :)

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tormentos said:

@endofaugust said:

I have a better PC than this console, my use for it is staggeringly different though.

Also as you may have seen, PC requirements for Forza Motorsports 7 that essentially match what the Xbox One X is doing would cost you well in excess of $1,000. This is the problem with PC's even with general optimizations only so much can be done, so much compute is wasted having to brute force code.

Hahahahahaa so you have a PC stronger than the xbox one X but don't use it for gaming? Wait why in hell would you even want an xbox one X most exclusives on xbox lands on PC and since you already have stronger hardware is a no brainer skipping the xbox one.

Yeah that is for Forza which is a fu** up game on PC and which probably MS hold intentionally to pretend its hardware is as powerful as a 1080gtx...lol

Yeah you need a Ryzen 7 for PC but for xbox one X a shitty jaguar,that is the point where you see how screw up Forza is.

Nope, it's X1X's RBE(ROPS) large 2MB render cache and 60 another graphics pipeline upgrades benefited Forzatech wet track's heavy alpha effects.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11740/hot-chips-microsoft-xbox-one-x-scorpio-engine-live-blog-930am-pt-430pm-utc#post0821123606

12:36PM EDT - 8x 256KB render caches

12:37PM EDT - 2MB L2 cache with bypass and index buffer access

12:38PM EDT - out of order rasterization, 1MB parameter cache, delta color compression, depth compression, compressed texture access

If you look closely, 256 KB L2 cache banks are next to RBE units and each RBE includes 256 KB render cache. The total cache size for render cache and L2 cache is 4 MB. The locality between RBE and L2 cache should yield lower latency and reduce external memory hit rates. It's something that normal Polaris 10/20 doesn't have.

Vega's RBE and TMU read/write units has direct access to unified 4 MB L2 cache.

X1X GPU's 2 MB render cache+2MB L2 cache is nearly Vega 56's unified 4MB L2 cache.

This is why I stated degrade GTX 1080 TI to 6.5 TFLOPS and run ForzaM6's wet track. TFLOPS bound advantage still refers to higher TFLOPS equipped box. TFLOPS alone doesn't build a GPU i.e. you get a DSP instead of a GPU.

NVIDIA Paxwell GPU's ROPS has direct access to L2 cache which is a known advantage for NVIDIA side.

If normal Polaris's TMU has ROPS alpha effects hardware, then it would have access to L2 cache, hence there's no need for X1X's hardware changes, but ROPS includes alpha/blend effects hardware. AMD should have integrated ROPS's fix function hardware into TMUs. ROPS still includes classic GPU fix function math co-processors.

One wonders why TMUs and ROPS has yet to be unified like unified shaders evolution. It's one of the few relics from the past GPU designs.

PC DirectX 12 needs additional efficiency work when compared to XBO's APIs. My i7-4770K can go pass 60 fps with GTX 1080 Ti during FM6's wet tracks.

Having high clock speed PC CPU also reduces nanosecond cycle times i.e. the game may not need the entire CPU's FLOPS power, but higher clock speed has less nanosecond time for a given clock cycle. Your brain needs to shift towards render time concepts.

A programmer can do alpha/blend effects with compute shaders and textures, but that's wasting compute shader power. PS4 Pro has 8.4 TFLOPS FP16 connected L2 cache, hence it's a different optimization path, but this method will not work on PS4 since it doesn't have 2MB L2 cache.

XBO can fake X1X's RBE/2MB render cache with the slower ESRAM as a micro-tile rendering. Logically, XBO can be treated like a slower X1X with a common code path..

It seems X1X's RBEs still has 2 MB render cache for micro-tile rendering. It seems somebody learnt their lessons from NVIDIA Paxwell GPUs. MS didn't give up on tile render...

Mark Cerny's hyper fast cache was a good idea, but finding the right balance between cache size and CU power would be a problem. NVIDIA Paxwell proves micro-tile render with hyper fast L2 cache with very little CU/SM power compromise balance. Mark Cerny's hyper fast cache idea for PS4 was overridden by other developers (manual tiling is hard camp) and PS4's 348 mm2 silicon budget.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@GameboyTroy: sold out ! Cool !

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#77  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9562 Posts

Just remember, the better the X1X sells the quicker we all get a PS5.

That said, I'm onboard with the X1X as well.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts

Because I don't like playing on PC. And the Xbox One X is better than my current PC.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#79 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts

Loading Video...

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2069 Posts

So we got alt right, alt left and system wars has created alt fanboy, nice.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

Nope, it's X1X's RBE(ROPS) large 2MB render cache and 60 another graphics pipeline upgrades benefited Forzatech wet track's heavy alpha effects.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11740/hot-chips-microsoft-xbox-one-x-scorpio-engine-live-blog-930am-pt-430pm-utc#post0821123606

Stop hyping the shitty wettrack even DriveClub has one and is build on a damn 1.8TF machine MS simply doesn't optimize its games on PC.

Forza was 1080p 60FPS on day 1 on xbox one and wasn't representative of the xbox one power or how other games would render drop the act.

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Aki2017
Member since 2017 • 817 Posts

Well, those who want the best looking multi platforms would naturally get the system. Many people don't like PC's. I personally feel every console needs exclusives, but I don't think the Xbox player base really cares about them much

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Another alt account... yay.

Well the other ALTs got killed today with the DF news. Its one reason I don't argue with ALTs, and just insult them.

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 BluFalconUltra
Member since 2014 • 459 Posts

@metalboi said:

Even though I'm not a fan of what Microsoft is doing in the console market, I don't want to see Sony have a monopoly on traditional consoles. Sony would turn in to EA with Madden, and that's not a good thing.

Not really, there is no competition now. Besides Xbox does a great job of making PS4 look even better. Greatest wing man in history.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22378 Posts

@kuu2 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Another alt account... yay.

Well the other ALTs got killed today with the DF news. Its one reason I don't argue with ALTs, and just insult them.

Yeah, true.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@tormentos said:

@i_p_daily said:

@kangarbloodyroo: The point is to have the best looking multiplats, which makes Sony fanboys create alts to make stupid threads just like this one.

I'd say it is working lol

Something you haven't care for 3+ years and that some how matter now.

Want the best version of multiplatforms buy a PC the xbox one X doesn't have those.

Check my post history tormy (we know you love doing that) and you will see my post that I care not who has the best multiplats, graphics, frame rates etc. I'm just here to make fun of cows (not you because we know you don't own any gaming devices) that's it.

Like how this cow who created an alt just because they don't like Xbox, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if this alt is reduck lol.

It's also funny that for the past 3yrs the best place to play multiplats was the PS4, but only now it's PC lol.