What's the hardest game you've played this gen?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

Dishwasher Dead Samurai or Ninja Gaiden 2.

gulfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 gulfo
Member since 2009 • 435 Posts

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 TecmoGirl
Member since 2007 • 3965 Posts

Honestly, on a single player level there really hasn't really been any games that gave me any serious trouble in comparison to last gen. = )

2-10-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#54 2-10-08
Member since 2008 • 2775 Posts

Call of Duty 3 on veteran mode. There's one level where you have to assault a fortified hill, and either the game glitches up or you get killed by the A.I., which can see perfectly through the shrubbery. The hit detection is awkward for a lot of the environment too.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#55 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts
Arma 2 and the STALKER games.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#56 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts
Arma 2 and the STALKER games.Arach666
eh only Clear Sky was hard, and that's only because it ran like such a piece of **** and was guaranteed to just shut off on you at the worst times. Other than that though it's kind of like Demon's Souls you just have to play with caution instead of going out and being Rambo :P
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
[QUOTE="Arach666"]Arma 2 and the STALKER games.jg4xchamp
eh only Clear Sky was hard, and that's only because it ran like such a piece of **** and was guaranteed to just shut off on you at the worst times. Other than that though it's kind of like Demon's Souls you just have to play with caution instead of going out and being Rambo :P

Well it was those issues, and the fact that every enemy stalker happened to be an expert marksman and grenade thrower, even in the pitch dark.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Arach666
[QUOTE="Arach666"]Arma 2 and the STALKER games.jg4xchamp

Did you played them on veteran and master? The stalker dificulty is manageable but on veteran and master is quite hard.;)
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Arach666"]Arma 2 and the STALKER games.mo0ksi

Well it was those issues, and the fact that every enemy stalker happened to be an expert marksman and grenade thrower, even in the pitch dark.

This is true, their grenade throwing abilities would have made Peyton Manning jealous :P
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Arach666"]Arma 2 and the STALKER games.Arach666

Did you played them on veteran and master? The stalker dificulty is manageable but on veteran and master is quite hard.;)

Yeah but that's like more douchy than like actually challenging, kind of like Ninja Gaiden 2 on Master Ninja. it's not hard cause you suck and need to get better like in Ninja Gaiden Black on Master Ninja. It's just douchy :P
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Arach666

[QUOTE="Arach666"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] eh only Clear Sky was hard, and that's only because it ran like such a piece of **** and was guaranteed to just shut off on you at the worst times. Other than that though it's kind of like Demon's Souls you just have to play with caution instead of going out and being Rambo :Pjg4xchamp

Yeah but that's like more douchy than like actually challenging, kind of like Ninja Gaiden 2 on Master Ninja. it's not hard cause you suck and need to get better like in Ninja Gaiden Black on Master Ninja. It's just douchy :P

Douchy? Is this another Kotor 2 reference of yours?:P

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Arach666"] Did you played them on veteran and master? The stalker dificulty is manageable but on veteran and master is quite hard.;)Arach666

I can't say the D-word for penis without getting modded :P. It's basically my way of saying that there are 2 types of way of making a game hard. There is the right way where its a legit challenge, and the reason you die is mostly due to YOU the player and not necessarily the game being unfair to you(Ninja Gaiden Black) or the game is designed by king mega A-hole and should be launched into the Sun for being so rediculously stupid with the difficulty(Shinobi's final boss) That said. I like Shinobi, and the Stalker games are boss. STALKER 2 is going to be GANGSTA :D
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Arach666

[QUOTE="Arach666"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Yeah but that's like more douchy than like actually challenging, kind of like Ninja Gaiden 2 on Master Ninja. it's not hard cause you suck and need to get better like in Ninja Gaiden Black on Master Ninja. It's just douchy :Pjg4xchamp

I can't say the D-word for penis without getting modded :P. It's basically my way of saying that there are 2 types of way of making a game hard. There is the right way where its a legit challenge, and the reason you die is mostly due to YOU the player and not necessarily the game being unfair to you(Ninja Gaiden Black) or the game is designed by king mega A-hole and should be launched into the Sun for being so rediculously stupid with the difficulty(Shinobi's final boss) That said. I like Shinobi, and the Stalker games are boss. STALKER 2 is going to be GANGSTA :D

Eh,I love the shinobi games,but if the game you´re refering to is the PS2 game,never played it.

The old shinobi games were pretty easy(especially Shinobi 3)so how hard can that one be,eh?:P Methinks you´re a noob!:o

Damn,can´t wait for STALKER 2...:D

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Arach666"] Douchy? Is this another Kotor 2 reference of yours?:P

Arach666

Eh,I love the shinobi games,but if the game you´re refering to is the PS2 game,never played it.

The old shinobi games were pretty easy(especially Shinobi 3)so how hard can that one be,eh?:P Methinks you´re a noob!:o

The PS2 versions final boss was made by king mega a-hole. Anyone that says other wise just has disgusting gaming skills, and is in no position to call anyone a noob because they are too good :P
thrillh0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 thrillh0
Member since 2008 • 335 Posts

the COD games frustrate me on the hardest difficulty, even if I'm smart about using cover enemies will keep me pinned down where if I just peak out I get shot nearly to death, causing me to go back into cover and repeat, yet my AI partners will be like standing right outside my cover area out in the open lookingl like they're laying down fire but they're missing everything they shoot at and yet nobody attempts to cap them, yet when I simply peak out of cover there goes the bullets at me againlamprey263

I feel your pain, I got so damn tired of hearing "We gotta get across this road" on the bunker level. And once you get up the hill then you have to man the mortar while being barraged on 3 sides. Sheer miracle I got through that after months of trying.

CoD2 is just as hard, the damn DDay level. Had to do it for the 1000/1000 gamerscore.

And Demon Souls just pisses me off more than any game this gen, but i keep coming back for more...

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Arach666

[QUOTE="Arach666"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] I can't say the D-word for penis without getting modded :P. It's basically my way of saying that there are 2 types of way of making a game hard. There is the right way where its a legit challenge, and the reason you die is mostly due to YOU the player and not necessarily the game being unfair to you(Ninja Gaiden Black) or the game is designed by king mega A-hole and should be launched into the Sun for being so rediculously stupid with the difficulty(Shinobi's final boss) That said. I like Shinobi, and the Stalker games are boss. STALKER 2 is going to be GANGSTA :Djg4xchamp

The PS2 versions final boss was made by king mega a-hole. Anyone that says other wise just has disgusting gaming skills, and is in no position to call anyone a noob because they are too good :P

Eh,I know,I´ve played the demo though and it looked really hard and as far as I know is considered to be one of the hardest PS2 games.

If I find it cheap I migth get it someday,although from what I´ve seen from the demo,I´m not really looking forward to play it!:D

[spoiler] doesnt seem like a good shinobi game:P [/spoiler]

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#67 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Can't really think of many... I guess Megaman 9, but that's really just a lot of trial and error.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Arach666"]

Arach666

Eh,I know,I´ve played the demo though and it looked really hard and as far as I know is considered to be one of the hardest PS2 games.

If I find it cheap I migth get it someday,although from what I´ve seen from the demo,I´m not really looking forward to play it!:D

Actually nah it was a pretty good game(I actually never played the shinobi games before it, so I don't necessarily knwo if it did things better or worse). The combat was pretty good, the stealth segments were legit, and the boss fights lived up to the word challenging. I thought it was a ton of fun to play. You'll just curse a lot while playing the game :P

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

for me, Demon's Souls. however, it was also one of the most rewarding titles i've played this gen.