Whats the best and worst Assassins creed game?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Assassins creed is todays one of the most popular franchise but at the same time most stale and generic franchise too. now here in this thread we talk about best and worst game in series.

To me the best one is easily AC4 black flag. by miracle that it turn out great. game has great graphics, naval battle, edward is best protagonist in AC series, excellent soundtracks, good story etc. it was released during the time when AC series become stale and release after people dissapointed by AC3.

Worst is.. well all of them are equally bad. but syndicate takes the cake. syndicate is by far worst game in series. absolutely terrible. boring setting, plus story and characters, you cant fall down to the building, terrible combat. 2 protagonist who are absolutely suck especially they put a female protagonist to apeal feminist because unity was heavily criticize year before when they show a coop.

I found AC2 also pretty mediocre too but compare to other games in series not name black flag. its better than all.

so anyways what are the best and worst in your opinion? discuss

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

BEST AC IV BLACK FLAG

WORST AC UNITY

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

You like Ass Creed? Shitty taste confirmed.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ghosts4ever

@Epak_ said:

just black flag. rest are pretty bad.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@Epak_ said:

just black flag. rest are pretty bad.

OK, personally I couldn't get into that either.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2031 Posts

Best - brotherhood and black flag

Worst - unity

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Best- Black Flag (although Origins looks like it can be the best one)

Worst- AC3

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Best - Black Flag

Worst - AC3 (overall) /AC1 (mechanics)

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#9 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Best black flag

Worst ac unity

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Best - Blag Flag.

Worst - 3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Best Is Black Flag (mostly by virtue of hardly having any of the AC story or typical characters in it).

Worst would objectively be Unity, a broken mess of a boring as sin game.

But I will go with 3. While AC Unity were mechanically broken and gameplay and story wise "meh" I have an active dislike of AC 3. It is utterly flat and boring when it comes to characters and story. It is one of the few games where I have a distinct dislike for the main protagonist so big, that I kind of just want to jump over a ledge over and over.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

From what I played;

Best: AC 2

Worst: AC: Revelations

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

Best: AC Black flag AND an overlooked game in the franchise, AC Rogue (more black flag), AC Brotherhood and AC2 are also good.

Worst: The rest.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#14 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

I enjoy Rogue because ice-bergs are cool (ho ho) and boats are sort of fun, before they get old.

All the land stuff is rubbish, per every single Assassins Creed.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

The best is 2. Worst is Black Flag. I guess Rogue seems like it's probably worse than Black Flag, but I haven't played Rogue.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#16 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

The Best Assassin's Creed game is the 4th one - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

The Worst Ones are the rest of the series. Just play Black Flag.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Assassin's Creed Black Flag was the best, for me anyways. One thing I liked most about this one over previous games was that the previous games had a connected story arc that felt too convoluted, and underwhelming after the events of Revelations and AC3, whereas Black Flag felt really good as a self contained stand alone title. It was also a breath of fresh air not to have another game with Desmond or Ezio. And unlike Unity and Syndicate, it still kept the fight between Assassins and Templars alive in both the past and present, giving you a seat as an Abstergo employee working with memory dives as a form of entertainment, and wasn't exclusive anymore to ancestors, meaning it really opened the universe up to exploring just about any past, with any protagonist of their choosing. Somehow both Unity and Syndicate don't even give you that background, you're put straight into the simulation, and no sense of a struggle taking place in both past and present.

On the gameplay side, Black Flag was a culmination of the best mechanics in the series, the controls were more responsive, the gameplay solid, a bit easy for some considering the range of abilities at your disposal, IMO the mistake in future games was difficulty was added by gimping the player, not by advancing enemy behavior or tactics. Also, the naval battles were one of the best part of AC3 IMO, Black Flag just took this to another level. Only downside of Black Flag though was it felt less vertical than other games as the cities are different, and the general setting feels a lot more open.

Previous games still had aspects I wish carried over, like being able to recruit assassins to aid you on your missions, like in Brotherhood. I also didn't mind the tower defense like missions in Revelations. I also felt AC2 did a good job being able to invest in the business establishments in the city, and fixing up you home. About the only games of the series I've yet to play were Rogue and Liberty, both which I heard good things about, would like to get to those someday.

- - - -

As for worse, well, generally I just don't like the direction they went with Unity and Syndicate. I get the feeling many devs were fumbling with the idea of how to advance games this generation with the idea they'd be more online integrated. I think they took a wrong direction in Unity with the creation of the Unity app for extra chests, and in general I thought they wanted to have a more online designed game but didn't know how to go about it. We saw they gimped players in many ways what feels like how you'd level up an online character, where they were missing many of the skills that were pretty right out the gate with later AC games prior to Unity. It seems they also at same time wanted to address difficulty, so they kept certain skills out like corner luring. The combat just felt unresponsive and more of a button masher. And the guns were definitely nerfed, no doubt. This just made it needlessly difficult, frustrating, and it was all made worse by the longer load times. The load times themselves I felt wouldn't have been so bad without all the needless dying, the payoff was a more beautiful world full streets packed with NPCs, would have worked rather well if they didn't make all the other aspets of the gameplay worse. With Syndicate, it's pretty obvious it was supposed to be a co-op game that was abandoned during development. Somehow critics treated it as a return to form, it still had most the terrible mechanic changes that Unity brought. I was always of the opinion the online wasn't that good for previous games, and that it detracted from resources to the main campaign, and though they abandoned the MP, I certainly didn't feel like they put their resources back into the main game.

- - - -

Anyhow, I generally like the series besides the most recent missteps, I look forward to seeing them try to bring the series back to greatness.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Stopped playing after brotherhood cause it was so bad

pug987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 pug987
Member since 2005 • 460 Posts

The best AC game is AC2. It was a huge leap forward in the series in story, protagonist and mechanics. You say Edward is the best protagonist in the series but I think Ezio has him beat hands down. The game was tight, the pacing was good, the story was interesting and it set the bases for what would be Assassin's Creed as much as the first game did. AC4 is probably second best and I liked it a lot but AC2 is still top for me.

The worst AC game is AC1. It's understandable. It was their first try. They tried a lot of new things and the setting was novel and unique. However the gameplay is too formulaic and repetitive. Altair was not a very interesting character to play as either.

The most overrated AC game is Brotherhood. Overrated does not mean bad but I see a lot of people consider Brotherhood the best in the series. However for me it started a lot of the bad trends that haunt the games even today. It introduced a lot of busywork for the player while the story seemed half-baked and rushed. Moreover it was a step back from 2 in variety and vision. I also didn't like the way they changed some of the characters from 2.

The most underrated AC game is Unity. Unity deserves a lot of the bad press it has gotten. It's buggy, it runs bad even on strong PCs (don't even ask about consoles), the story isn't particularly original or exciting and it is full of what I criticized Brotherhood for, what I call busywork. Running around the map to arbitrary marks and do meaningless side content just for completion sake. What is now consider the Ubisoft way. However, hidden beneath all that is a very impressive vision of a game. The graphics are amazing if you've got a good enough rig to run the game and the streets of Paris are full of people. No other game has ever done crowds so well. Paris is extremely well designed and varied, much more than most cities in AC games. In fact from a visual standpoint I'll dare to name Paris of AC Unity the most impressive city created in a video game period. Other small things are the big changes in gameplay that comes once every couple of titles (AC1, AC2, AC3, Unity and now Origins). I'm also a sucker for redheads and consider the hot air balloon mission one of the best in the series.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Not sure about the worst, but Black Flag is easily the best

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

I enjoyed the first one the most. Played the second and quite liked it as well, but was a little tired of AC by then. Lost interest quickly in the third. Played very little before being bored of Black Flag. Ignored the series ever since.

Chrome-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22  Edited By Chrome-
Member since 2009 • 1744 Posts

Just like everyone above me has stated! Black Flag is the best, and it's not even close.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#23 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

assassin's creed II ->assassin's creed Black Flag -> assassin's creed Syndicate -> assassin's creed Rogue -> assassin's creed Revelations -> assassin's creed unity ->assassin's creed brotherhood ->assassin's creed ->assassin's creed III

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Best: Black Flag

Worst: All of them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

IMO the first is the worst, second is the best. But then, I never played past the second one. So yeah.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#26 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Best one I've played so far is probably Syndicate. Think I enjoyed that one a little more than II. The first game sucks. I still have a lot of Assassin's Creed games to work through.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ghosts4ever

@princessgomez92 said:

Best one I've played so far is probably Syndicate. Think I enjoyed that one a little more than II. The first game sucks. I still have a lot of Assassin's Creed games to work through.

but syndicate is also easiest game in series. assuming every AC is very easy and casual. except AC4 naval battle has some challenge.

but syndicate take the cake. its almost like i was playing prince of persia 2008.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#28 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@princessgomez92 said:

but syndicate is also easiest game in series. assuming every AC is very easy and casual. except AC4 naval battle has some challenge.

but syndicate take the cake. its almost like i was playing prince of persia 2008.

That sounds like a good thing to me, because Prince of Persia '08 is awesome.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ghosts4ever

@princessgomez92 said:

That sounds like a good thing to me, because Prince of Persia '08 is awesome.

but thats the worst game i have ever played along with tomb raider. you can never die and no combat in game.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Best

AC 3 (followed by bortherhood)

Worst, Black flag, I hate the battles on sea

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22675 Posts

Brotherhood and AC2 are the best. AC was a better single player game, but Brotherhood had Rome in full glory, along with that awesome MP cat and mouse bit.

The worst was AC3, because they didn't make the lore come to life and the open world wilderness was vapid and had nothing to do.

Syndicate and rogue I never played because I have scruples to let a dead horse die, unlike @jg4xchamp:

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Best: Assassin's Creed (because you actually are an assassin for the entire length of the game)

Worst: Assassin's Creed III (because ugh...)

Monkey_Seeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#33 Monkey_Seeker
Member since 2014 • 59 Posts

For me the best is still Assassin's Creed II - apart from Brotherhood no other Assassin's Creed game has ever come close to matching it in terms of story, setting and general feel and atmosphere of the game. Plus it had the best soundtrack of the entire series.

The worst is Unity (closely followed by AC III).

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

Best AC2 - massive leap forward from the 1st one, and i much prefer having multiple smaller cities over a single large one

worst ........ Revelations or 3 I guess. Revelations did nothing for me, wasn't bad just felt completely unnecessary.

I enjoyed 3 alot on my 1st play through but the 2nd time it was a struggle to finish it - I can see the reason for the hate now.

Haven't played anything past black flag, but I plan to give Unity, Syndicate and Origins a shot.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

Brotherhood is the best hands down. Worst is either 1 or 3. Haven't played 3 but it definitely has the worst reputation.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Best: ACIV, Also liked Rogue for a similar reason.

Worst: AC III. The only one I didn't finish. The Egyptian setting is the most interesting to me so far.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

Hard to pick between 2 and Black Flag. 2 was a much more improved AC after 1 and felt like the story was the best and no game had ever (as I recall) been set in the Renaissance so that was being hyped and it really did deliver. However, Black Flag (while having a weak story and characters) had the naval battles and sailing around as a pirate (which is also not a very common setting for video games). Its so much fun to destroy ships and use parts to repair the Jackdaw and then do it again on another ship. It didn't really feel like you were assassinating people so much as fucking around as a pirate though, which isn't bad just that it could've been its own thing.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

Best AC2 Worst AC unity for me

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I enjoyed the AC2 trilogy, Black Flag, Rougue and Liberty. I hated 1, 3 and Unity.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#40  Edited By Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

All the games I have played and liked from best to worst:

1. Assassins Creed IV Black Flag

2. Assassins Creed Brotherhood

3. Assassins Creed II

4. Assassins Creed Syndicate

5. Assassins Creed Chronicles - China/India/Russian

6. Assassins Creed Revelations

7. Assassins Creed Rogue

8. Assassins Creed III

9. Assassins Creed Unity

10. Assassins Creed

11. Assassins Creed Freedom Cry

12. Assassins Creed Liberation

13. Assassins Creed Bloodlines

Bloodlines was truly the only game I despised but otherwise I generally like all Assassin's Creed games and I'd reply them all if I ever wanted to do another marathon, I'm soooo looking forward to Assassin's Creed Origins (hate the title, they should have stuck with the project name "Assassin's Creed Empire", but yeah I suppose they can still use that if they ever want to explore Feudal Japan).

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

the first one is the best and the worst, the rest is all worse.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

cant stand this series did anyone play unity how is this series even good? It's slow and the combat is stiff I dunno if its just unity or the series is just trash

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

For me

Best

AC II (including Brotherhood and Revelations which are really just expansions)

Worst

Assassin's Creed

Avatar image for yammireckorrdsan
YammiReckorrdSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 YammiReckorrdSan
Member since 2016 • 616 Posts

From those I played.

Best: AC4. Worst: AC1

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#45  Edited By SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

Best - Brotherhood, both the singleplayer and multiplayer portions were stellar IMO.

Worst - AC3, Connor is annoying, uncharismatic, and boring and the revolutionary war setting was boring as s*** (I'm from the States btw). Plus a lot of the level design felt really phoned in IMO.

@DocSanchez said:

Best: ACIV, Also liked Rogue for a similar reason.

Rogue was way better than AC3, they should have (and really could have because all the parts with Haytham never referenced it at all) just skipped Connor completely or relegated him to a supporting character.

Edit: Personally I'd put Rogue as better than everything except the Ezio series and Black Flag. I might even say I like it better then Black Flag because the story was more interesting and the sailing was pretty much the same.

Krzystof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Krzystof
Member since 2012 • 37 Posts

@Epak_: I love Assassins Creed. You have a shitty taste confirmed! Disliking this AMAZING series. Yeah, you need to seek a doctor. Have a real shitty taste.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#47  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I havent played any since Black flag but I liked Black Flag more than the rest. The first one was the worst IMO.

4>2>3>1

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22675 Posts

Best was Brotherhood and AC2, followed closely by black flag...

Worst... AC3 and Unity. AC3 was dreadfully boring throughout with an empty open world and no incentive to explore... Unity was a coat hanger abortion.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@TheEroica said:

Best was Brotherhood and AC2, followed closely by black flag...

Worst... AC3 and Unity. AC3 was dreadfully boring throughout with an empty open world and no incentive to explore... Unity was a coat hanger abortion.

someones necro my 6 month old thread. and just to reply someone lol.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Black Flag is the best, probably. But Origins was also sweet. Whatever.

Worst one is Unity or AC3.