What was the most overrated game of the year?

• 81 results
Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Inside

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#52 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Killing Floor 2. I bought it expecting a tactical coop game to ease my wait for Left 4 Dead 3. Instead it's just a run and gun fast paced shooter with close to no content. Maybe i should have researched a bit more...

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#53 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

there is a dozen Playstation magazines in the UC4 metacritic score and the average score for them is 100

most of the score 100 reviews for this game are either tiny blogs or sites ive never heard of, playstation sites and magazines, and portals not specialized in games

if you take all those out, and also consider that big leading reviewers like IGN and Gamespot would never dare to give a mixed score for such a huge advertiding investment from sony, every Uncharted game probably would be a 8.0 game

sony is so effective in bribing people to boost his exclusives score and this video never gets old

Loading Video...

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By leandrro

Inside is not for everyone, its a bit dark, its a 2d puzzle platformer, its short and has a smooth story telling without voices or subtitles, for me its just perfect, but people that dont like those elements would simply dislike it, its more a matter of taste

much unlike Inside is Uncharted 4, a game that appeals for everyone and should please everyone, has a massive advertising campaing and bribed reviews

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#55 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

UC4 even though I think it is a great game (UC3 was garbage). It is not a 10 and I wouldn't put it higher than UC2 and TLOU to be honest.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 23015 Posts

@uninspiredcup: did you just compare a video game and a movie sir?

For me, I pick Uncharted for having next to no meat on its bones.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

No man's sky, even though it was slated a bit it's worse than that

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Whatever Uninspiredcup's goty is.

Fallout new vegas.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
Member since 2015 • 954 Posts

Uncharted 4

Overwatch was actually fun...

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

@PSP107: Haha I know it sounds so lame, I just know how I didn't care for the first 3 so assume 4 is more of the same. I definitely don't think they're bad games, just not my taste.

koko-goal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 koko-goal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

@uninspiredcup: TLG isn't a masterpiece, it's good IMO.

Since you're a big troll here, I don't believe you played the game. What's your PSN?

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#62  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

No Man's Sky.

More like, NO MAN'S BUY!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#63 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70487 Posts

Uncharted 4 without a doubt. I am still bitter for buying the game full price. Everyone was saying that it perfected the formula and that there isn't too much cutscenes but they f***king lied about both. Uncharted 4 was my No Mans Sky.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#64 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70487 Posts

@leandrro said:

there is a dozen Playstation magazines in the UC4 metacritic score and the average score for them is 100

most of the score 100 reviews for this game are either tiny blogs or sites ive never heard of, playstation sites and magazines, and portals not specialized in games

if you take all those out, and also consider that big leading reviewers like IGN and Gamespot would never dare to give a mixed score for such a huge advertiding investment from sony, every Uncharted game probably would be a 8.0 game

sony is so effective in bribing people to boost his exclusives score and this video never gets old

LMAO. That was an awesome vid.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#65 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Gears 4. 7/10 at best

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23734 Posts

@leandrro said:

Loading Video...

This might be the best gaming related video I've ever seen lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-587acdd100f19
deactivated-587acdd100f19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-587acdd100f19
Member since 2008 • 908 Posts

@leandrro said:

Last gen it was Microsoft doing that, this gen it's Sony. **** all game journalism.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Right now it's Far Cry Primal, I enjoy the game but I absolutely hate how much crap litters the screen, I will clear out a massive section only to do a secondary or main quest to have it come back looking like this:

And this is just a small section of the map, the rest looks just like this. I've looked at reviews and most of them never mention this, even though Ubisoft are known to do this with all their open world games.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

I really don't get the Overwatch love ?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@leandrro said:

When your favorite console has jack shit for games its rival will always be seen as bribing game reviewers. Where were you when Gears was getting 90+ on MC during the 360 days from Xbox Magazines and sites?

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18831 Posts

@Litchie:

You saying probably still doesn't help much. I personally still haven't played Uncharted 4 yet though.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18831 Posts

@WreckEm711:

lol

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 leandrro

@quadknight said:
@leandrro said:

When your favorite console has jack shit for games its rival will always be seen as bribing game reviewers. Where were you when Gears was getting 90+ on MC during the 360 days from Xbox Magazines and sites?

yeah, probably i liked and believed Gears scores back in the time i was stupid enough to waste money on xboxes and playstations, fortunately this times has passed

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 leandrro

@xxyetixx said:

I really don't get the Overwatch love ?

ive played it in the free weekend, i was like "ok, lets try this stupid kids game for five minutes" and for my surprise the game is really good, the balance and the focus on objective makes it one of the best fps ive played, still not sure if i did the right thing investing my money in battlefield 1

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 leandrro

@ConanTheStoner said:
@leandrro said:
Loading Video...

This might be the best gaming related video I've ever seen lol.

the best part is "its almost like the videogame companies didn't pay for your review",

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#76  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59382 Posts

@silversix_ said:

You have shit taste, its normal TLG isn't for you.

Arguably The Iron Giant a contemporary retelling of The Passion, and actually, much improved. Jesus himself comes as a perfected authoritative figure, bringing the message of a higher authoritative figure. Whereas as in The Iron Giant, the creature comes as a blank slate with a predetermined purpose. Where Jesus comes to die for our sins, the Giant essenailly comes to punish us. It isn't some omnipotent being in the sky that acts as an authoritative figure, but a weak little boy with the best human virtues. The creatures Satan role is reversed to that of a Christ like figure and he doesn't die because we are wicked but as a demonstration that we aren't wicked - while Jesus shares himself, the little boy imbues the creature with his own personality and in doing so, gives him a choice to break the confines of a role a higher power has deemed fate.

The Last Guardian is abit weird with desaturated colors.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Hello. From all the shit you have played this year, what was the most overrated?

Dribble
Dribble

Would have to go with this title, played 3 hours, roughly, 3 hours too many. People are using "high art" as an excuse for bad design, it's basically a pretentious, Iron Giant without the excellent writing, visuals, acting or story or Vin Diesel. In general using cute dog is one of the cheapest and laziest routes you could go for a emotional attachment.

In the Iron Giant, it is metal, intimidating and a weapon, it not really cute and it doesn't sound cute. It works towards humanizing him rather than going for the lazy cheap route. His heroic ending is earned. and he in his simplstic mind aspires towards something better, as demonstrated by his last line in the movie.

Ultimately the little boys concept of good influence the creature into overcoming the adult cynicism trying to destroy him, and in the process, setting an example - sacrificing himself to save them all.

What an actual masterpiece looks like
What an actual masterpiece looks like

Well said. I don't know if you are being truthful or just trolling but every word you said is indeed true. I came into the thread to say Last Guardian and frankly I never thought anyone would have listed it. None the less it's the most overrated shit for a broken game that was under development for over a decade.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

TLG. For a game that was in development hell for 10ish years it turned out exactly like I thought it would.

I see alot of people saying Overwatch, and I partially agree. The hero balance is kind of shitty, the limited map selection means they get dull rather quickly, and I feel the only reason it's so popular is it has the Blizzard hype train behind it

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Overwatch... I got it day one but after the first week of release I got bored and haven't played it since.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#80 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

BF1 Titan fall 2 doom overwatch

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

I'd say No Man's Sky, most early reviews were misleadingly favorible to one of the biggeat turds of the year.

I wouldn't be surprised either if Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is every bit as overrated as human Revolution.

It can't really be overrated if it was HATED from the moment people got to play it.

Overhyped?... Without a doubt, overrated?... Not in the slightest. Steam's user reviews say it the best.