What was the last game you beat and what would you rate it?

• 75 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45106 Posts

I recently beat Shin Megami Tensei V for Switch and I loved it! The battle system along with collecting demons and building your team and tactics is really fun and addicting. That alone sets it apart from a lot of RPGs. As far as graphics go, it's one of the better ones on the Switch. Character models were great. Overall, I would give it a 8.5/10. The one thing that holds it back is it was barebones in terms of story and characters. It's not like Persona where you spend a lot of time getting immersed in the setting, getting to know characters, building up a plot, etc etc. Also, the maps could be a bit confusing at times, but overall, I like how it wasn't just going from point A to point B. Altogether, I spent about 70 hours with the game, and completed only 33% of my demon compendium. So there's still lots to do for those completionists out there. There are also multiple endings (I did not get the secret ending).

How about you, SW? What was the last game you beat and what would you rate it?

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 940 Posts

Mortal Shell

7.5/10

Cool vibe and setting but its waaaay too short for a souls-like and the gameplay/enemy variety is pratically non-existent. I still took some enjoyment out of it though

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2410 Posts

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

2/5

Dark Souls clone that's worse than Dark Souls in every important way.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

Just finished Resident Evil 3 Remake on the Xbox One last night and enjoyed it rather well. Not as good as RE2 Remake but still a pretty fun game. Started up a Hardcore run right after. I’d give it an 8/10.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

Dying Light 2.

I'd give it a 7-7.5

So many missed opportunities to make it a great game. If you're going to go RPG, go full RPG. Don't make me earn the right to dropkick an NPC. Don't litter the game with characters so shallow that I can see the twist coming as soon as I meet them.

Great game otherwise

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

Actually beat for the first time, was the PC port of Sunset Overdrive last year. I used an XBone controller with aim assist off and it was actually a ton of fun, traversing the city at high speed and altitude while laying waste with ridiculous weapons was a blast. Played as a woman too since the guy MC’s voice was annoying and it only helped the goofy atmosphere. Too short though. 8/10.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58961 Posts

Risen - Donno, 7 out of 10? Has all the typical problems expect from a PB game, but also has the charm if willing to get past that. Not as good as Gothic, but still more fun than your average Bethesda crap.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Mass Effect 1 from the LE. I'd give it an 8/10 - I really loved it, and the only things that held it back were ok-but-not-great squad combat (honestly needed something more KOTOR/DA-esque) and an under developed exploration mechanic - all these awesome looking systems to scan and yet most you couldn't explore and those you could it was mostly a few minerals to scan and a worm monster by a dead body. Definitely an addictive game, though, and I'm excited to play the rest

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Does BF2042 counts?😊Level85, over 100h played. Juicy 3/10 is what it gets from me.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

UFC 4 - I've gone through career mode and came out as GOAT, so I'll say I finished it (sports game I consider finished if I play a full season, or in this case be forced to retire).

Its a fun game with a lot to offer, my biggest complaint is that some of the animations are still really wonky and weird, something that's plagued MMA and boxing games forever (well at least since the PS2).

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jendeh  Online
Member since 2004 • 734 Posts

Hitman 2 - 7/10

Getting all the trophies took me ages. I found it enjoyable, but not quite as great in design as the 2016 one. I'll play the third game in a year or two.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Mirror's Edge 2009 PC version I beat it for the 100 time or close to that. According to Steam I have 130 hours playtime for a game that is 6 hours long so you can imagine I replayed the shit out of this game for over a decade I love it.

I give it a 8/10

It still feels fresh and unique for a game that is over 10 years old the aesthetic,soundtrack and parkour are top tier the combat is what holds the game back from being a 10/10.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Fedor  Online
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Xenogears 10/10

Not sure if it counts as its like the 4th time I've played through it.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: wow, you only spent 70 hours on smtv. I'm past 100hours, at the level where I have to face the 3 gods, Zeus, Odin and I think Shiva. I'm still clearing up the absesses though before i get to tackling the gods. I did spend a bunch of time grinding when I should have just pushed through.

I'm well over 130 hours total though with the number of times I've died and didn't save.

Smtv is a great game. It's a typical atlas title though, minus the dialogs. Best enjoyed in small chunks.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SolidGame_basic

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@SolidGame_basic: wow, you only spent 70 hours on smtv. I'm past 100hours, at the level where I have to face the 3 gods, Zeus, Odin and I think Shiva. I'm still clearing up the absesses though before i get to tackling the gods. I did spend a bunch of time grinding when I should have just pushed through.

I'm well over 130 hours total though with the number of times I've died and didn't save.

Smtv is a great game. It's a typical atlas title though, minus the dialogs. Best enjoyed in small chunks.

What level are you? I beat the game at level 86 and cleared out all of the absesses and did every side quest I could find lol (with the exception of the super boss which maybe I'll do down the road lol). Only thing I didn't spend a lot of time on was trying to unlock all the Demons and such. But I did unlock Zeus at the end 😎 Agreed, I love Atlus!

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Dragon Quest XI S - 9/10

An excellent JRPG with tons of content. Well worth the £17 spent.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#18  Edited By dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 15997 Posts

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond. I would recommend it to someone who hasn't played a Pokemon game before. As for those who are experienced players, I would not recommend it. It's online play has gotten much worse than the previous game I played (which was Pokemon Omega Ruby). So if you don't care about online play, it's a decent game. It all depends on your background when it comes to what I would recommend: to a veteran, no. To a newbie, yes.

It's got some fun battles and it's as addictive as ever. Don't expect to be blown away by the graphics or story, though. 7/10.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: jeez your good and I suck lol. I'm at 63 but I have a couple of gospels in my pocket, so I should be around level 67. I have no clue what I've been doing all thus time.

One side quest I've had trouble with is the flower finding thing in the fairy village. But other than that the side quests have been fairly easy.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

Just finished Deaths door, would rate it a solid 8/10!

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Kentucky Route Zero. idk, on one hand its not much of a game, normally i'd give these shits like a 4, but id be hard pressed to think of many video game stories that have any business being argued as better than Kentucky Route Zero.

6/10 on the Champ scale. Games too strong on narrative, atmosphere, themes, and soundtrack to dunk on, but it's got like no gameplay, and I aint calling that good.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SargentD  Online
Member since 2020 • 8213 Posts

ME1 LE 8/10

Need to start 2 but honestly been stuck on this Lost Ark game on PC and some Pokemon on switch.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Uncharted 4 + DLC, 9/10.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#25 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2564 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

I recently beat Shin Megami Tensei V for Switch and I loved it! The battle system along with collecting demons and building your team and tactics is really fun and addicting. That alone sets it apart from a lot of RPGs. As far as graphics go, it's one of the better ones on the Switch. Character models were great. Overall, I would give it a 8.5/10. The one thing that holds it back is it was barebones in terms of story and characters. It's not like Persona where you spend a lot of time getting immersed in the setting, getting to know characters, building up a plot, etc etc. Also, the maps could be a bit confusing at times, but overall, I like how it wasn't just going from point A to point B. Altogether, I spent about 70 hours with the game, and completed only 33% of my demon compendium. So there's still lots to do for those completionists out there. There are also multiple endings (I did not get the secret ending).

How about you, SW? What was the last game you beat and what would you rate it?

Not Precisely the last game i played but it was the one before, I would give 8/10 and for me it was a huge disappointment, not because it was bad, because the game could embrace greatness yet it drops the ball halfway in the game and although in the later half it has some interesting plots and characters that could've been used to enhance the story, they are just relegated to sidequests or a simple battle that feels inconsequential.

@omegamaster said:

Dragon Quest XI S - 9/10

This was the best game i played last year and I would give it 9/10; it is a really polished game but some minor details and a plethora of cliches, alongside it's length stops me for giving it a bigger score.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#26 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

Dragon Ball Z Kakarot (main campaign) - 7/10

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2078 Posts

Exhumed/powerslave 8/10. Another amazing remaster by Night dive. I miss these old school FPS that were not afraid to try crazy ideas. Egyptian metroidvania FPS with magic spells.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

Pokemon Legends: Arceus was the most recent one I beat.

Really gotta give it to this game, because it revitalized my excitement for the Pokemon franchise. After so many Pokemon games that increasingly decreased my interest in the franchise, this game gives me excitement for the future.

8-8.5/10 I would rate it.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SolidGame_basic

@adsparky: Yea, story seems to take the backseat in this one.

@jaydan said:

Really gotta give it to this game, because it revitalized my excitement for the Pokemon franchise. After so many Pokemon games that increasingly decreased my interest in the franchise, this game gives me excitement for the future.

Wanted to finish SMT V before getting to Arceus. Glad it's a good step forward for the franchise. I've been waiting for Pokemon to evolve for a while (no pun intended lol). Haven't played since the original!

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

Finished Fire Emblem Three Houses last weekend. This is the third time I beat it, but it was through a different house, so it was a new perspective on the game.

I’d give it a 9/10.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

.... I completed Apex Legend recent event, does that count? 6/10 gameplay is awesome as always but the anniversary skins is expensive and I got none from the free event lootbox. 1 particular skin can cost players up to $160 to unlock.

For game with a story I finished Lost Judgement. 7/10 great game, school sidequest part is absolutely great but the overall package is average. The usual Yakuza series low budget sidequest/minigames stuff. Great english voicecast tho highly recommends playing in english.

stacweed11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 stacweed11
Member since 2020 • 447 Posts

Scarlet Nexus 7.5/10

Fun gameplay and story. Over stayed its welcome though as the combat and story loop got stale towards the end.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#33 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@Archangel3371:

Resident Evil 3Remake gets a lot of unwarranted hate, I think. It might have strayed a whole different direction than RE2R but the core run is just as fun as it needed to be.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Rise of the tomb raider really enjoyed it thought it was a good step forward than the og.

8.5/10

Life-is-a-Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Life-is-a-Game
Member since 2005 • 954 Posts

Guardians of the Galaxy .. I had fun playing that game and thought its story and character's interactions and conversations were spot on! .. It gets repetitive in terms of gameplay and combat but overall it is a really good game .. I rate it 8.5/10

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#36  Edited By GNS
Member since 2015 • 921 Posts

Either AC: Odyssey or God of War (PS4). Can't remember. Either way, both a seven.

EnergyAbsorber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 EnergyAbsorber
Member since 2005 • 5112 Posts

Sifu.. literally just got the platinum for it yesterday. Being a martial arts fan I just had to get it. It’s on the short side but that’s probably why it’s not a full priced game. It’s definitely not for everyone. I feel like it’s more of a niche type game. 8/10 for me

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@adsparky: Yea, story seems to take the backseat in this one.

@jaydan said:

Wanted to finish SMT V before getting to Arceus. Glad it's a good step forward for the franchise. I've been waiting for Pokemon to evolve for a while (no pun intended lol). Haven't played since the original!

It comes with its flaws, most notably in the bland visuals outside of the Pokemon designs, but thankfully most of the criticism both from critics and players alike have been vocal about it. I'm optimistic they will be improved upon in the next entry.

I get being a prequel there's few towns, cities and dungeons, but I'd like a present-day 3D Pokemon that's as populated and lively as the predecessors. Legends Arceus sets up the foundation for that kind of growth.

But still, I went in ready to hate on it, because Pokemon hurry.

But nah, it definitely won me over.

Lol I'm guilty of that evolution pun as well.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#39 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Cyberpunk. I give it an 8.5. Playing it again now that the upgrade has landed

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22679 Posts

Mass Effect 2.... 11/10

Better than I remember.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

I guess an 8 since it is a very faithful remake and I do like the new art direction.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1343 Posts

I just got the platinum trophy for Call of Duty: Vanguard, a lot of those trophies were miserable to get in the campaign, didn’t require skill so much as hoping the controls worked as they were supposed to. I much preferred Cold War to this one, tbh I think I am done with the CoD franchise for a while after how disappointing Vanguard is.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3055 Posts

Trine 4 -- 7.5

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SolidGame_basic

@ratchetclank92 said:

I just got the platinum trophy for Call of Duty: Vanguard, a lot of those trophies were miserable to get in the campaign, didn’t require skill so much as hoping the controls worked as they were supposed to. I much preferred Cold War to this one, tbh I think I am done with the CoD franchise for a while after how disappointing Vanguard is.

what about Modern Warfare 2?

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

Control with both DLC's 9/10. Dragged a bit in the middle and the map was pretty awful, kept getting lost. But the combat was excellent and the Oldest House was great to explorer, felt like the Overlook Hotel. Ashtray Maze was the highlight.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

@omegamaster said:

Dragon Quest XI S - 9/10

Where did you get it that cheap?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8772 Posts

Hard Reset 7/10. It was OK.

Avatar image for blackacezero777
blackacezero777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#48 blackacezero777
Member since 2021 • 353 Posts

Lego DC Super-Villains: Off the bat I will argue Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 is a much better game. It was one I immediately got sucked into and played non-stop. Replaying it now while trying to do the side-quests. The reason I bring this up is because my time with the Lego DC games has been iffy (I started with Lego Batman 3 and the game is...ehhh to me...) but this is the step in the right direction. It is a much more interesting game that I felt could've done without the Darkseid inclusion. But this game does some things better than the previous entry and actually kept me interested enough to finish it. Plus, it has a character creation and has your character as the main character in terms of plot. I will give it somewhere around a 7-8/10.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Halo: Infinite.... 11/10

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition... 11/10

:P

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

@Litchie said:
@omegamaster said:

Dragon Quest XI S - 9/10

Where did you get it that cheap?

I got the PS4 copy from eBay a few months back around Black Friday. Plus, Ebay had a nectar point offer too.