regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

So my 4K LG UJ6200 died Wednesday (back lights are gone and replacement cost would be around $200)

So I am in the market for a new one. I was wondering what all of you were using for your consoles? This is also used for movies and netflix so I do not want a monitor.

I do not want to spend a fortune so...

I have ordered the 2021 version of the LG Nano85 (model number 55NANO85APA) for 1099 Canadian. There are no reviews (in english) on the 2021 model, the 2020 model the main complaint was about the HDR levels but considering the UJ6200 is not a high end TV and this one is a step up it cant be worse than what I came from and I was satisfied with that.

Anyone have this TV (or even last year's model NANO85UNA) and have opinions? Or do you recommend a different TV that is in the same price range? (I want VRR and 120HZ so keep that in mind)

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

I use the LG CX 55” with my PS5, but am still waiting on VRR support for a final verdict. I recall seeing a deal at Sam’s Club for the 65” BX model for $1000 this week on Slickdeals, which I’d jump all over if I had any need for it.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

65" 4K Samsung. Don't remember the model but it's awesome. Got it a year or two ago. I use it mostly for watching stuff. I use my PS3 (Street Fighter III Online) more than the PS5.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

I don't even have a tv for years now.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

I got a 65" LG C1. The reviews have been great, gaming on it looks incredible, and you can probably get one for about $2100 at most places, if not cheaper.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hardwenzen

@hallenbeck77 said:

I got a 65" LG C1. The reviews have been great, gaming on it looks incredible, and you can probably get one for about $2100 at most places, if not cheaper.

That is expensive for something that is guaranteed to have some burn ins.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 regnaston

@hallenbeck77 said:

the 65" LG C1 is $2700 Canadian.. the 55" is 2000 Canadian. I am not really keen on paying double what I have ordered the Nano85 for

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
@hardwenzen said:
@hallenbeck77 said:

Depends on how you use it, I guess. I don't have it on for extremely long periods of time (I'm not home during the day), and the TV has a lot of features that reduce the chances of burn in. I did the research beforehand, and I know it not entirely preventable, but I'm comfortable in how I use it. This is the first new TV I bought in 10 years, so I figured I treat myself.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hardwenzen

@hallenbeck77 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@hallenbeck77 said:

Depends on how you use it, I guess. I don't have it on for extremely long periods of time (I'm not home during the day), and the TV has a lot of features that reduce the chances of burn in. I did the research beforehand, and I know it not entirely preventable, but I'm comfortable in how I use it. This is the first new TV I bought in 10 years, so I figured I treat myself.

Did they gave you a decent warranty or its just the standard 1y that is pretty much worthless?

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
@regnaston said:
@hallenbeck77 said:

the 65" LG C1 is $2700 Canadian.. the 55" is 2000 Canadian. I am not really keen on paying double what I have ordered the Nano85 for

The C1 is pricier because it's an OLED TV, and definitely a higher end model. This is the first time I ever got a high end TV (had a 48 inch Vizio for almost a decade), and decided to get something I normally wouldn't have gotten. Saw the display and I was hooked.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
@hardwenzen said:
@hallenbeck77 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@hallenbeck77 said:

Did they gave you a decent warranty or its just the standard 1y that is pretty much worthless?

Got a two year warranty, and they give you the option to extend it before it expires, which I'll probably do. Don't have any little kids or pets so I don't have to worry about fingerprints or someone bumping into it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By hardwenzen
@hallenbeck77 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@hallenbeck77 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Got a two year warranty, and they give you the option to extend it before it expires, which I'll probably do. Don't have any little kids or pets so I don't have to worry about fingerprints or someone bumping into it.

If you can get it to like 3 years, i guess that's OK.

I would most likely have the health bar and the stamina bar burned in from Elden Ring just after one game.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
@hardwenzen said:
@hallenbeck77 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@hallenbeck77 said:
@hardwenzen said:

I would most likely have the health bar and the stamina bar burned in from Elden Ring just after one game.

Not gonna lie, I still get concerned about burn in, so I usually switch games after a few hours or I'll watch a movie, then play a bit more. It's just as well; as I'm getting older, I can't do marathon gaming sessions anymore.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By hardwenzen
@hallenbeck77 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@hallenbeck77 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Not gonna lie, I still get concerned about burn in, so I usually switch games after a few hours or I'll watch a movie, then play a bit more. It's just as well; as I'm getting older, I can't do marathon gaming sessions anymore.

This is exactly why i wouldn't want to ever own one with this technology (OLED and Plasma before it). I don't want to worry about things like that. The TV is expensive enough as is, and here i am having to turn off the tv or have watch a movie instead of playing a game that i am interested in.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@hardwenzen: Part of it is that, but it's mostly that there hasn't been a whole got coming out gaming-wise that has got me excited, regardless of the console. I've been clearing out an backlog of older games in the meantime. Besides, while gaming on it is definitely a plus, the main reason I got it is for movies.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3055 Posts

52 inch Sony Bravia from 2009. I literally bought it through bing for like $400-$500 cheaper than Best Buy. There's a line of pixels going out on the left side, but it goes away once it warms up :)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#17 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58964 Posts

Rando cheap HDTV.

Stuff like this not fussed about.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17817 Posts

An LG 43 UD79 43" 4K monitor. its grand (though the speakers on mine are a bit naff. it has a 3.5mm jack though) but it wasnt really the monitor i wanted.

i wanted one with HDR and freesync and a higher refresh rate. there was a requirements list :P.

but the old TV i was using before the UD79 decided it didnt want to be a TV anymore so i needed a new screen. the screen i wanted wasn't out yet. buying something cheap to tide me over would end up costing more and be wasteful. so i just bit the bullet.

the UD79 is still a good screen though with lots of ports (no need to worry about swapping cables in and out). its also very much a monitor rather than a TV.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

65 inch tcl led 4k hdr, lg 2018? 4k oled hdr, tosabia 45 inch. 4k no hdr tv

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9547 Posts

I'm using the SONY X900H 85" and I absolutely love it. Not only is it next gen capable with HDMI 2.1 and all the other bells and whistles, but it's pretty affordable in smaller sizes.

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1454 Posts

Sony’s 55-Inch Bravia (XBR55A8F) purchased 3 years ago. On a TV of this size, you can play FF14 on the couch with wireless KB/M comfortably.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

Some random 50" Samsung HDTV. I use my PC with monitor for teh graphx.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

A random 43" hisense 4k 60 ok for what I need it to do until I eventually upgrade to an LG CX.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@hardwenzen: “ I don't even have a tv for years now.”

What do you point your furniture at?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: “ I don't even have a tv for years now.”

What do you point your furniture at?

At a plant, dude.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#26 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

I bought a “82” Samsung 4K tv. I mainly use it for my Xbox Series X and very satisfied with it.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

75" Samsung Q90T and PS5. Excellent oled like black levels and no worries of burn in. Bought a 55" LG Oled 4 years ago. Went through a phase where I played Tekken 7 daily. Heath bars are burned in. Lesson learned.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45106 Posts

I use the godly LG CX 55'.

Avatar image for deactivated-61654c912328d
deactivated-61654c912328d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-61654c912328d
Member since 2021 • 66 Posts

Got the LG 65'' CX model in my living room. Absolutely love it. I have my Playstation 5, Xbox Series X, & Nintendo Switch hooked up to it. I am currently playing through Ratchet & Clank and it looks amazing.

Never had an issue with burn-in and this would be the 4th OLED TV I have owned in my lifetime.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61482 Posts

Samsung Q8FN. Gonna be upgrading in 2022.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

65" LG C8

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

I have a 50 inch Samsung 4K TV.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#34 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

@hardwenzen: I have a 65" LG C9 and a 55" B6. Neither have burn-in. As long as you switch up the content, it is fine. Playing a 60 hour RPG on it without doing other stuff is fine. However, if all you do is play the same game for multiple hours a day everyday for months straight. Then yeah, you will get burn-in. That is not normal usage though. Most people play different games, watch movies, watch TV shows, etc.. I don't worry about burn-in.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hardwenzen

@BassMan said:

@hardwenzen: I have a 65" LG C9 and a 55" B6. Neither have burn-in. As long as you switch up the content, it is fine. Playing a 60 hour RPG on it without doing other stuff is fine. However, if all you do is play the same game for multiple hours a day everyday for months straight. Then yeah, you will get burn-in. That is not normal usage though. Most people play different games, watch movies, watch TV shows, etc.. I don't worry about burn-in.

Won't be a good thing for me, then. If i get into a game that i like, i will be playing it for a long ass time. This tech needs to evolve already. OLED been around for a while, and is still having burn in issues.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 664 Posts

55 inch lG CX Oled tv that I got around 3 months ago had a 55 inch Samsung ks8000 led tv before that. Looks amazing being first OLED got 5 year warranty from Best Buy that covers burn in has I worry a lot about burn in being I seem to have bad luck with tech. OLED still cost like to much cost me 1700 but with the extra money I got because of stimulus checks over the last year or so I was like why not.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

@regnaston: The Hisense U7G is a good TV, Best buy sells it for $800 USD which makes it $120 more expensive than the LG TV you ordered. It is much better at HDR content due to it having 2x brighter screen, wider color gamut, more color volume and much better contrast ratio. It supports 120hz and variable refresh rates too. LG's nano series just isn't that good compared to QLED TVs in similar price range.

You can compare the specs on RTINGS.

Hisense U7G

LG NANO85

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

You should've gone with an LG OLED model. The people afraid of burn in are using 5 year-old arguments, the technology has come a long way and the experience is certainly a game-changer when it comes to your viewing and playing games.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

55in LG C9 with my PS5 and PC

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 regnaston

@NoodleFighter said:

@regnaston: The Hisense U7G is a good TV, Best buy sells it for $800 USD which makes it $120 more expensive than the LG TV you ordered. It is much better at HDR content due to it having 2x brighter screen, wider color gamut, more color volume and much better contrast ratio. It supports 120hz and variable refresh rates too. LG's nano series just isn't that good compared to QLED TVs in similar price range.

Hisense U7G

LG NANO85

The problem with the RTing review of the Nano85 is that it was last years model they reviewed. I am looking for reviews of this tear's model because I assume they updated some things

Greygoose12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Greygoose12
Member since 2020 • 220 Posts

65" lg cx

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hardwenzen

@getyeryayasout said:

Still rockin' a 10 year old 46" Sharp Aquos. 1080p for life!

Damn that's gangsta. I had one of these as well. Used it as a monitor for a year or so, and got a bunch of browser tabs burn ins all over the screen.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

65" Samsung QN90A

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

65 lg c9

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By regnaston
@girlusocrazy said:

Seriously fix that old TV it's not that bad! Even if you get a new TV you can keep that old one going for like $40 and put it in another room or give it to a relative/friend.

I ordered the parts they wont be here until Dec 4th lol

Going to buy a new one anyways but might as well fix this one too :D

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2031 Posts

LG BX 55

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 regnaston

@regnaston said:
@NoodleFighter said:

Hisense U7G

LG NANO85

The problem with the RTing review of the Nano85 is that it was last years model they reviewed. I am looking for reviews of this tear's model because I assume they updated some things

That Hisense TV is actually $100 cheaper than what I bought the LG for .. might return the LG and get the Hisense instead.. I wish the Rting review was the 2021 model on the LG