What makes people think FFXV and KH3 will save SquareEnix?

• 114 results
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14899 Posts

Because honestly, these games look like SquareEnix does not get it.

FFXV not only looks to go completely away from the series roots, it looks to rehash characters and art from past FF titles like FFVII. Really, a character looks like Cloud. Nevermind we have a poster boy broody emo JRPG protagonist. Looks like another off the rails storyline just like XIII and its sequels.

This may be the game to kill the series in the West...hell, it looks like it wasn't even made for the West, a bad move considering SquareEnix needs the West. Nevermind development hell, so look for a chopped up product.

As for Kingdom Hearts, really, I like Disney, but Kingdom Hearts sucks. Its a horrendous franchise all brought by a bunch of writers who really do not get why Disney movies work. Piss poor writing, convoluted wacky nonsensical plots that do not fit Disney at all, FF characters that do not mix with Disney (FFVII's especially), while ignoring FF characters that fit seamlessly (FFIV, FFVI, and especially FFIX), and complete rehashes of the plot of Disney films(Hunchback of Notre Dame for example in the 3ds game). Why do people actually like these games? If you look past the Disney characters, its a poor written series with average gameplay.

But nope, lets get excited for the next KHs, lets have the developers throw Frozen in there and completely miss the point on why that movie so popular.

Sorry, its hard to get behind the future of Square Enix. The great designers like Sakaguchi and Matsuno are gone, we are left with Toriyama and Nomura, who are killing the FF franchise and the company. And no, readjusting their focus isn't going to help. They need to get rid of their lead developers and have someone else reboot the Final Fantasy series, going back to its roots but with fresh new storytelling and scenario design.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By texasgoldrush

@Desmonic said:

Because your husband is an idiot of a president.

Oh, as for SquareEnix, I am not mad.....I fully expect them to fail.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 texasgoldrush

@Desmonic said:

@texasgoldrush: That OP sounds mad as all hell though. Considering we only have 1 gameplay trailer for FF15 and not even that for KH3 this thread seems a bit................"precocious" to say the least.

And why would a trailer of KH3 matter? The other games sucked. Maybe there is some anger there, they do rape those franchises.

But for Final fantasy, I just laugh at people thinking that XV is going to save square.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2032 Posts

FFXV will succeed because of its new cool battle system, its like KH but in the real world. He haven't seen noctis summon yet though.. We'll see it this years E3

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

Never played any FF games, but in short, you are only mad because it does not have what you believe defines a FF game. That is your problem. Kingdom Hearts story has been dragged on a little bit. I only played 1 and 2 and just read the others. However, the story being terrible and trash is your own opinion. To me it captured that imaginative and fantasy like experience by using characters that appeal to my childhood. You have to admit that no one could guess the true story behind keyblade masters, the true nature of xemnas/xehanort, etc.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By texasgoldrush

@blamix said:

FFXV will succeed because of its new cool battle system, its like KH but in the real world. He haven't seen noctis summon yet though.. We'll see it this years E3

but if the story sucks...who cares? Battle systems alone do not make a FF game great.

That's why FFV isn't considered to be the best FF ever, even though its gameplay is considered one of, if not the, best in the series.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By texasgoldrush

@cooolio said:

Never played any FF games, but in short, you are only mad because it does not have what you believe defines a FF game. That is your problem. Kingdom Hearts story has been dragged on a little bit. I only played 1 and 2 and just read the others. However, the story being terrible and trash is your own opinion. To me it captured that imaginative and fantasy like experience by using characters that appeal to my childhood. You have to admit that no one could guess the true story behind keyblade masters, the true nature of xemnas/xehanort, etc.

so fans do not have a right to complain when someone takes a franchise in a direction that violates the spirit of the franchise?

no, it sucks because instead of tying Disney characters with a Disney like storyline.....they tie everything with a wacky convoluted JRPG plot that simply is the complete opposite of Disney and their successful style, nevermind the horrendous dialogue that makes many direct to video sequels of classic or renaissance Disney movies look like masterpieces.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

Don't buy the game then. But your opinion does not equal fact.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 texasgoldrush

@LJS9502_basic said:

but whether SE succeeds or not is a fact.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 texasgoldrush

@Desmonic said:

@texasgoldrush said:

so fans do not have a right to complain when someone takes a franchise in a direction that violates the spirit of the franchise*?

no, it sucks because instead of tying Disney characters with a Disney like storyline.....they tie everything with a wacky convoluted JRPG plot that simply is the complete opposite of Disney and their successful style, nevermind the horrendous dialogue that makes many direct to video sequels of classic or renaissance Disney movies look like masterpieces.

*Read: In a direction Idon't like.

Fixed.

Now I know why you're so damn mad TC. lol

you mean the direction that's led to declining sales and review scores?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

but whether SE succeeds or not is a fact.

Not at this time...this entire thread is YOUR opinion.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 texasgoldrush

@Desmonic said:

@texasgoldrush: Oh you already know what these games will score and sell? :O You have an awesome time machine then! Can I borrow it? Come on, don't be that guy! Let your SW bros bask in the glory of foreseeing the future!

You can make easy predictions....

Games that are in development hell or undergo it, generally do not do well. FFXV has gone through dev hell.

That's one example.

Another example is playing to clichés, many which are continuously ripped by gamers.....such as "emo" broody JRPG protagonists. Noctis is basically a poster child for this.

Many times knowing how good a game will score or be received is predictable.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Square will fail. It is its destiny.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Because of Lightning cameo appearances. That'll save SE.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

I dont think anyone has ever said those games would save Square Enix, but Final Fantasy XV is the best and most ambitious JRPG i've ever seen.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@yokofox33 said:

Because of Lightning cameo appearances. That'll save SE.

Is Lightning supposed to cameo in FFXV?

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

It's too early to tell.

I give them a 50-50 chance.If ff15 flops there's a good chance square will go down with it after pouring so much time and money into it.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Mass Effect 3's ending was a joke. And Bioshock Infinite's plot makes a lot more sense than whatever they tried to pull with Bioshock 2, and Minerva's Den.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

FF XV looks interesting but I hope there is some strong rpg game mechanics at work and the combat is good. KH storyline is ruined but the game can still be fun, I just hope the Disney worlds/ characters are fleshed out in this game. The last few games the worlds served merely as a point to get from A to B. The first game sora had more interaction with the characters and it felt like he fit right in with the storyline of a disney movie, now not so much.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

@crimsonman1245 said:

I dont think anyone has ever said those games would save Square Enix, but Final Fantasy XV is the best and most ambitious JRPG i've ever seen.

How is it the best if you have not played it?

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

i dont know what your expectations are for final fantasy series but if you keep going back to anything pre voice acting, then yea you are going to be sadly disappointed because voice acting changed a lot of things. i think final fantasy have these long winded stories that have a point among a million other points that dont always connect but we forgave them because we made up for the stories with out imagination. its a bit harder to do that with voice acting involved and the worlds being soo detailed. the only mistake square had was not opening up the world.

ffxv looks amazing in my opinion. i actually thought this was going to be the better game out of agito and xiii in that crystalis universe.

as far as kingdom hearts go, the charm is the disney element that makes the game for me. the rpg part of it was okay, but disney brought me back to memories and feelings of nostalgia. that is enough for me.

wait arent you the guy who had a thesis paper on why mass effect 3 was the worst game ever?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

They're two new games from two of their most popular franchises

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@Ghost120x said:

FF XV looks interesting but I hope there is some strong rpg game mechanics at work and the combat is good. KH storyline is ruined but the game can still be fun, I just hope the Disney worlds/ characters are fleshed out in this game. The last few games the worlds served merely as a point to get from A to B. The first game sora had more interaction with the characters and it felt like he fit right in with the storyline of a disney movie, now not so much.

if the new KH game is based on new disney...like the incredibles, monsters inc, cars, toy story..ill puke lol

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jsmoke03

@SNIPER4321 said:

Deus Ex and Hitman save square enix. Not these pink girly games from popular franchise for little kids and girls.

didnt square say they were disappointed in the sales of hitman, tomb raider and sleeping dogs? not sure about deus ex.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#33 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

I used to get FF games without looking into any reviews. Now, I do. Let's just wait and see how it will fair.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Mass Effect 3's ending was a joke. And Bioshock Infinite's plot makes a lot more sense than whatever they tried to pull with Bioshock 2, and Minerva's Den.

Are the Mass Effect sequels any good? The first game was garbage.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts
@princessgomez92 said:

They are if you like poor storytelling and plotholes in high numbers.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

KH3 actually looks amazing while SE continues to frak over the FF fanbase.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#38 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I was not aware Square Enix needed saving.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 texasgoldrush

@freedomfreak said:

Mass effect is making SquareEnix jealous....all those awards. Its like they were passed by.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

Is somebody saying they will?

Still, we've missed your Biodrone attitude. No, wait... It was boring.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I hope FFXV turns out well but I doubt it especially since the combat system doesn't impress me.

I hated KH2 but I am willing to give KH3 a chance.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 texasgoldrush
@princessgomez92 said:

@freedomfreak said:

Mass Effect 2 is good if you get past the poor main plot. The characters make up for it. But the plot has some really jarring and poorly written moments and one of the worst final bosses ever.

Mass Effect 3 is great, if you get the extended cut.

@lundy86_4 said:

Is somebody saying they will?

Still, we've missed your Biodrone attitude. No, wait... It was boring.

Oh what, I forgot, I love Dragon Age Origins....oh wait I don't. Oh wait, I think Obsidians sequels to KOTOR and NWN are better as well. Yeah such a Biodrone...moron.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jsmoke03

@SNIPER4321 said:

@jsmoke03 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

Deus Ex and Hitman save square enix. Not these pink girly games from popular franchise for little kids and girls.

didnt square say they were disappointed in the sales of hitman, tomb raider and sleeping dogs? not sure about deus ex.

Deus Ex was sold good. it was great game even thought dumbed down version of original game.

New Hitman, sleeping dogs and Tomb raider are bad games. New hitman is nothing like older hitman games. but hitman 6 could be good. sleeping dogs is terribly bland GTA clone with one button easy combat that feel even worse than Batman.

tomb raider was onrail uncharted clone with QTEs.

i didnt ask you what you thought about the game. im talking about sales numbers

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:

Oh what, I forgot, I love Dragon Age Origins....oh wait I don't. Oh wait, I think Obsidians sequels to KOTOR and NWN are better as well. Yeah such a Biodrone...moron.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 texasgoldrush

@KBFloYd said:

@Ghost120x said:

if the new KH game is based on new disney...like the incredibles, monsters inc, cars, toy story..ill puke lol

It will probably have Frozen, Princess And the Frog, and Tangled as worlds with their characters. While Hunchback of Notre dame has been used in Dream Drop Distance, I would expect that they will return with it, the movie has been rediscovered and with a new stage play and a ABC miniseries on Esmeralda coming, Disney has been pushing it.

However expect Nomura, just like the first two games, to ignore what made these stories work and ruin them. Its like bad fan fiction.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

KH was never really that big of a thing though after the first 2 games.