What is the worst AAA+ game you've played this gen?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"][QUOTE="maoman"]

ME2. worst AAA ever, not only this gen.

maoman

Not sure if serious....I LOVED that game But nah, it's opinion - what didn't you like about it?

missions are too short and easy, and they are all the same, hack this, bypass that.....oh and scan the whole universe for nothing. i dont know i think i expected too much couse i did not play the first one.

Nah fair enough, ultimately we can only fairly judge games by own experiences/opinions :) Personally I loved it though, stupidly sold it for Dragon Age :|
Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#202 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

[QUOTE="Avian005"]

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

My first post: "Halo ODST by a mile. That was a flippen 7.0 game, at the most. Seriously, it could have just as easily been sold as a small DLC package."

Munkeypoo's post: "id have to say ODST. not worth being AAA"

Explain how mine was anymore irrational than his? You can't, because you just blindly attacked me for my opinion on a game that you like, and now you're on damage control. Just apologise, and move on.

SpiritOfFire117

Because the other guy typed it without rage, where you got all sweaty, typing the message as fast as you can, pounding down each key with you fingers. Don't try to deny it, all the evidence is in you post.

TBH, that's kind of how I'd put it best. It's hard totake a post at face value when it comes off as a rant. But it appears now that wasn't the case.

Well if that's your best at saying your judgements towards me were incorrect, I can accept that.

OneLazyAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 OneLazyAsian
Member since 2009 • 1715 Posts

Halo 3 and Gears of War.

Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts

[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"]

[QUOTE="Avian005"]Because the other guy typed it without rage, where you got all sweaty, typing the message as fast as you can, pounding down each key with you fingers. Don't try to deny it, all the evidence is in you post.

Master_ShakeXXX

TBH, that's kind of how I'd put it best. It's hard totake a post at face value when it comes off as a rant. But it appears now that wasn't the case.

Well if that's your best at saying your judgements towards me were incorrect, I can accept that.

Judgements towards you definately. You see? I can be reasonable.

Deathtransit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Deathtransit
Member since 2007 • 3086 Posts
Halo 3, R2 are the worst in my mind. Both had pathetic campaigns. I never wasted money on ODST but I can't understand how a 4 hour campaign with 1 new MP mode priced as a full game got AAA.
Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts

Halo 3 and Gears of War.

OneLazyAsian
Wow Halo 3 really? (no offence, I'm just interested in people's choices) I'm still playing that 3 years on and don't even touch the SP - awesome game online.
fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

Braid(here it got a 9.5) It was a horrible experience for me

maybe Halo 3 but its bad as in not my kind of game

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#208 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"]TBH, that's kind of how I'd put it best. It's hard totake a post at face value when it comes off as a rant. But it appears now that wasn't the case.

SpiritOfFire117

Well thank you for being reasonable.

Foliage-King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Foliage-King
Member since 2010 • 720 Posts
Halo 3, R2 are the worst in my mind. Both had pathetic campaigns. I never wasted money on ODST but I can't understand how a 4 hour campaign with 1 new MP mode priced as a full game got AAA.Deathtransit
I agree with this. Especially on R2
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 SpiritOfFire117

Master_ShakeXXX

Well thank you for being reasonable.

You are quite welcome.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#211 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

Killzone 2 wasn´t a good experience to me.

OneLazyAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 OneLazyAsian

[QUOTE="OneLazyAsian"]

Halo 3 and Gears of War.

Ravensmash

Wow Halo 3 really? (no offence, I'm just interested in people's choices) I'm still playing that 3 years on and don't even touch the SP - awesome game online.

Something about the game rubs me the wrong way everytime my cousin brings it over for us to play.

maoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 maoman
Member since 2004 • 268 Posts

Nah fair enough, ultimately we can only fairly judge games by own experiences/opinions :) Personally I loved it though, stupidly sold it for Dragon Age :|

youre right.

believe me, i wish i liked it as much as you. its just that i think they could have done a lot more with it.

SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 SpiritOfFire117

Halo 3, R2 are the worst in my mind. Both had pathetic campaigns. I never wasted money on ODST but I can't understand how a 4 hour campaign with 1 new MP mode priced as a full game got AAA.Deathtransit
It wasn't 4 hours. On Easy perhaps, but actually absorbing the game and exploring for things takes more time than that. Just clearing things up.

SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 SpiritOfFire117

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"][QUOTE="OneLazyAsian"]

Halo 3 and Gears of War.

OneLazyAsian

Something about the game rubs me the wrong way everytime my cousin brings it over for us to play.

Wait. So it's your cousin's game? Not exactly the best way to play a game there. :?

muzik_mafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#216 muzik_mafia
Member since 2009 • 1628 Posts

Em Doubleyew Too

Kandlegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Kandlegoat
Member since 2009 • 3147 Posts

Killzone 2 wasn´t a good experience to me.

Arach666

same.

underneath the great graphics,I felt it was a generic FPS with forgettable cliche characters (although I did think the Helghast were kinda neat)

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#218 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19584 Posts
I'd normally just say Oblivion, given that I think that every single element of the game was fundamentally broken...but at least I *enjoyed* messing with its AI and physics. So instead I might go with Dragon Age. Sure, it was a solid game and I liked the characters, but it was also the most cliched, uninspired, terribly-paced, predictable and altogether dull AAA RPG I've ever played. These points are excusable for lower-scoring RPGs, but not for a big-budget Bioware title which had the potential to be so much more.
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
PDZ hands down
SkyeCupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#220 SkyeCupid
Member since 2005 • 3970 Posts

Fallout 3. I was really looking forward to this after how much I enjoyed Oblivion. Instead they took away the awesome fantasy setting and sweet beautiful towns with rivers running through and replaced it with grey. Lots of grey. Why? And now New Vegas is coming out? Give me more Elder Scrolls.

OneLazyAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 OneLazyAsian

[QUOTE="OneLazyAsian"]

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"] Wow Halo 3 really? (no offence, I'm just interested in people's choices) I'm still playing that 3 years on and don't even touch the SP - awesome game online.SpiritOfFire117

Wait. So it's your cousin's game? Not exactly the best way to play a game there. :?

Why not? Halo is the type of game played best with other people.

SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 SpiritOfFire117

[QUOTE="OneLazyAsian"]

OneLazyAsian

Why not? Halo is the type of game played best with other people.

MP and co op wise definately. For SP, however, that is different.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#223 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts
No More Heroes That game sucks.
InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#224 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts

Infamous

Modern Warfare 2

GTA 4

Mario Galaxy

Killzone 2

Oblivion

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Arach666

Fallout 3. I was really looking forward to this after how much I enjoyed Oblivion. Instead they took away the awesome fantasy setting and sweet beautiful towns with rivers running through and replaced it with grey. Lots of grey. Why? And now New Vegas is coming out? Give me more Elder Scrolls.

SkyeCupid

Well,a post apocalyptic world isn´t supposed to be portrayed by "beautiful towns with rivers running through":P

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Let's see:

Gears of War 2

Demon's Souls

Fallout 3

Perfect Dark Zero

Call of Duty 4

None of them are particularly bad games but not one single one of them deserves higher than AA.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 jg4xchamp

Let's see:

Gears of War 2

Demon's Souls

Fallout 3

Perfect Dark Zero

Call of Duty 4

None of them are particularly bad games but not one single one of them deserves higher than AA.

DarkLink77
If we went that route there be a giant list of games that should miss out on Triple A Halo 3 ODST Gears of war 1 Halo 3 DragonAge: ORIGINS Oblivion(eww) Resistance 2(more eww) Killzone 2 Bad Company 2 and holy ******* **** did you just put Demon's Souls on that list? Moderate this individual for heresy
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Let's see:

Gears of War 2

Demon's Souls

Fallout 3

Perfect Dark Zero

Call of Duty 4

jg4xchamp
If we went that route there be a giant list of games that should miss out on Triple A Halo 3 ODST Gears of war 1 Halo 3 DragonAge: ORIGINS Oblivion(eww) Resistance 2(more eww) Killzone 2 Bad Company 2 and holy ******* **** did you just put Demon's Souls on that list? Moderate this individual for heresy

It's a solid game, but I found it boring. I went in expecting this crushing difficulty and I found a game that isn't all that hard and wasn't very much fun. Oh, and Gears 1 and DA:O deserve AAA. The others do not.
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#229 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

Oblivion. The awful leveling and combat system ruined that game for me.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Let's see:

Gears of War 2

Demon's Souls

Fallout 3

Perfect Dark Zero

Call of Duty 4

DarkLink77

It's a solid game, but I found it boring. I went in expecting this crushing difficulty and I found a game that isn't all that hard and wasn't very much fun. Oh, and Gears 1 and DA:O deserve AAA. The others do not.

the **** they do. For all intents and purposes Gears 2 was a superior game in every area to gears of war 1 except the net code for the multiplayer was even worse. More content, more variety with the enemies, improved core, none of the stupid difficulty spikes, horde mode. The only thing Gears 1 did better was that it had better pacing and the story didn't try soo hard. Liking DragonAge is just attrocious taste on your part. It's ok I forgive you :P
Esoteric_Proxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Esoteric_Proxy
Member since 2010 • 40 Posts
Uncharted 2. IMO the game was terrible with no replay value at all. Even the story was boring and predictable. game should have got a 7.5
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Arach666

Liking DragonAge is just attrocious taste on your part.jg4xchamp

I see that your crusade of hate for Dragon Age continues...:D

I can clearly see that DarkLink has pretty good taste,you however...:P

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] If we went that route there be a giant list of games that should miss out on Triple A Halo 3 ODST Gears of war 1 Halo 3 DragonAge: ORIGINS Oblivion(eww) Resistance 2(more eww) Killzone 2 Bad Company 2 and holy ******* **** did you just put Demon's Souls on that list? Moderate this individual for heresy

the **** they do. For all intents and purposes Gears 2 was a superior game in every area to gears of war 1 except the net code for the multiplayer was even worse. More content, more variety with the enemies, improved core, none of the stupid difficulty spikes, horde mode. The only thing Gears 1 did better was that it had better pacing and the story didn't try soo hard. Liking DragonAge is just attrocious taste on your part. It's ok I forgive you :P

Gears 2's story was WORSE, Horde is meh (Firefight, Nazi Zombies, etc are all better), the multiplayer is Gears 2 is flat out unplayable/unbalanced. Gears 2 is one of the most disappointing games I've ever played. I'd give it a 8.0, and that would be GENEROUS.
tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 tmntPunchout
Member since 2007 • 3770 Posts

The AAA game I disliked the most that I've played/own are Oblivion and AC1

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#235 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

no brainer perfect dark zero or halo odst!

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#236 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Let's see:

Gears of War 2

Demon's Souls

Fallout 3

Perfect Dark Zero

Call of Duty 4

jg4xchamp

If we went that route there be a giant list of games that should miss out on Triple A Halo 3 ODST Gears of war 1 Halo 3 DragonAge: ORIGINS Oblivion(eww) Resistance 2(more eww) Killzone 2 Bad Company 2

Wow, I played all but Oblivion, most didn't deserve AAA to me as well, actually, all of them didn't deserve it.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] It's a solid game, but I found it boring. I went in expecting this crushing difficulty and I found a game that isn't all that hard and wasn't very much fun. Oh, and Gears 1 and DA:O deserve AAA. The others do not.

Gears 2's story was WORSE, Horde is meh (Firefight, Nazi Zombies, etc are all better), the multiplayer is Gears 2 is flat out unplayable/unbalanced. Gears 2 is one of the most disappointing games I've ever played. I'd give it a 8.0, and that would be GENEROUS.

The story in gears in general sucks. So I fail to see how that is an issue, and honestly Firefight is more well thought out in some cases, but I enjoyed Horde just as much first the locust actually has some variety to them, second Gears of War lends itself better to a hold your ground and kill em all styIe game mode, and more important Gears of War 1 was awful in MP as it was. Unbalanced wasn't even the word for it, and so horribly lacking in content. I'm sorry but that game was not built for a long haul. Gears 2 was built with some replay value in mind, they just screwed the pooch with the net code and made it unplayable. Either way it's much better than Gears of War. There isn't one area outside of pacing/net code where Gears of War 1 is superior Level design? - nope thats gears 2 Campaign? - nope thats gears 2 it's longer and more varied Boss fights? Nope they both suck at this Content? :lol: not even close Coop? NOPE Gears 2 was better built for that as well. Both gears games are good, but nowhere near close to excellent any time soon.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Liking DragonAge is just attrocious taste on your part.Arach666

DragonAge is sinfully boring. Also what would you two know? bunch of quake noobs :P
nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

Infamous

Demon Souls

God of war 3

Resistance 2

Littlebigplanet

MGS4

Uncharted 2 among thieves

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#240 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

GTA4

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

Oh I forgot killzone 2 because it is so awful.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Arach666

[QUOTE="Arach666"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Liking DragonAge is just attrocious taste on your part.jg4xchamp

DragonAge is sinfully boring. Also what would you two know? bunch of quake noobs :P

Hush now,I don´t listen to Unreal fanboys:P

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="Arach666"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Liking DragonAge is just attrocious taste on your part.jg4xchamp

Clearly more than some Unreal fanboy who doesn't even recognize good game design. :P
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Arach666"]

DarkLink77

Clearly more than some Unreal fanboy who doesn't even recognize good game design. :P

DragonAge is awful game design. The **** are you two smoking and can I have some :P

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] DragonAge is sinfully boring. Also what would you two know? bunch of quake noobs :Pjg4xchamp

DragonAge is awful game design. The **** are you two smoking and can I have some :P

Maybe you can, champ. Maybe. And I wasn't referring to DA. I was referring to your mistaken belief that Unreal is better than Quake. :P
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#246 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

Also, just wanted to point out that Bayonetta is by far the worst AAA I've ever seen. Like, I don't know if jg4xchamp can handle this, but really, worse than PD0. I know that may be shocking to many, but it's the tru7h, it's the worst I've ever seen and experienced (at a friend's house of course). :twisted:

wow you saw it at a friends house and already put it as "the worst AAA" game :? :roll: Sp4rtan_3
Welcome to SW. But, really now, I find it rather amusing, quite a number of PS3 fans throwing Halo under the bus. It's music to muh ears. :P

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#247 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
AC1 was atrocious. Halo ODST was too short. Had it been a little longer and fleshed out the story more.. with some more cutscenes.. It would have been epic. And Firefight without matchmaking was a huge NO NO. Halo ODST isn't what I would call the worst AAA game this gen though. I actually liked the throwback to health packs, no health regen, with the Halo:CE feel. Can't wait for Halo Reach. If anything, Bungie set itself up for Halo Reach with ODST. It's pretty obvious. As far as ending the 4-game contract goes, it's pretty obvious as we all know they signed up with Activision. So no need to mention that haha.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#248 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
AC or NMH, both were decent but did not deserve AAA status.
shane_orija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 shane_orija
Member since 2008 • 910 Posts
FF 13 Heavy Rain GoW 3 Dragon Age: Origins Gears of War (first ) Fallout 3 Assassin's Creed (first)
shane_orija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 shane_orija
Member since 2008 • 910 Posts

Also, just wanted to point out that Bayonetta is by far the worst AAA I've ever seen. Like, I don't know if jg4xchamp can handle this, but really, worse than PD0. I know that may be shocking to many, but it's the tru7h, it's the worst I've ever seen and experienced (at a friend's house of course). :twisted:

[QUOTE="Sp4rtan_3"]wow you saw it at a friends house and already put it as "the worst AAA" game :? :roll: Stevo_the_gamer

Welcome to SW. But, really now, I find it rather amusing, quite a number of PS3 fans throwing Halo under the bus. It's music to muh ears. :P

I am really sorry to hear that. :( I found it having the greatness of DMC3 without the cheesy emo attitude. I think it would be safe to say that you don't like games like Bayonetta, DMC in general, right?