What is the Wii to you?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

To me the Wii is this thing that sits idly on the shelf and produces a nice blue light every once in awhile.

And..ya that's it. :p

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

We don't share the same views about it,that's for sure.

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
A cheap joke. I have tried and tried to like it, but I just can't force myself to like something that bad.
3rdbass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 3rdbass
Member since 2009 • 3301 Posts

A party machine that is currently unplugged(so no blue light)and with a 2 PS3's and a gaming PC I really don't think it will see much light otherwise. Also, a g big waste of money. Well I bought into the hype.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44062 Posts

A now & again cheap thrill - all other times, an expensive dust collector, door stop, paper weight. . :P

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
To me it was a big waste of money, but wii sports is fun :P
Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

My main console that gets the most playtime and I have twice as many games for it than my 360.

dog_dirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dog_dirt
Member since 2009 • 2813 Posts

a 'nintendo' player. worth owning to play through the mario's and zelda's but after that its a baron wasteland of mediocre fluff

shadowcat2576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 shadowcat2576
Member since 2006 • 908 Posts

A fun gaming system that offers me more exclusives and variety than my other consoles do

eveileb-ekam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 eveileb-ekam
Member since 2009 • 1578 Posts

A party machine that is currently unplugged(so no blue light)and with a 2 PS3's and a gaming PC I really don't think it will see much light otherwise. Also, a g big waste of money. Well I bought into the hype.

3rdbass
So the Wii is a big waste of money, and two PS3's arent? To me, the Wii is a games console that has a wide and diverse library of titles that I enjoy. I suggest you sell the console to someone who would appreciate it, TC.
NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

Its a complete joke and most of its games are horrible aside from a few namely SSBB, though I happen to own one. :P

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

To me the Wii is this thing that sits idly on the shelf and produces a nice blue light every once in awhile.

And..ya that's it. :p

Conjuration
Not here. My wii is gettin plenty of play time/.
Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Conjuration

[QUOTE="3rdbass"]

eveileb-ekam

So the Wii is a big waste of money, and two PS3's arent? To me, the Wii is a games console that has a wide and diverse library of titles that I enjoy. I suggest you sell the console to someone who would appreciate it, TC.

Maybe after Zelda. Then sure.

eveileb-ekam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 eveileb-ekam

[QUOTE="eveileb-ekam"][QUOTE="3rdbass"]

Conjuration

Maybe after Zelda. Then sure.

I find it really difficult to believe that you are going to wait for Zelda to come out, then sell it, despite its increasingly interesting lineup this year. What was the last game you bought? And is there nothing on the horizon / just released that you find appealing? Because if its that bad for you, then why did you buy it in the first place? Zelda, again?
Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

for me its a pice of plastic with a pice of hardware in it,

and it currently has the best games out

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts
A console with plenty of quirky games, the only true alternative when you have either 360 or PS3, certainly worth getting.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Its a kiddie console :P IMO

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

It's a great console with solid exclusives. Not my favourite system, but certainly not my least favourite right now.

tok1879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tok1879
Member since 2005 • 1537 Posts
An overpriced repackaged gamecube.
Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Conjuration

I find it really difficult to believe that you are going to wait for Zelda to come out, then sell it, despite its increasingly interesting lineup this year. What was the last game you bought? And is there nothing on the horizon / just released that you find appealing? Because if its that bad for you, then why did you buy it in the first place? Zelda, again?eveileb-ekam

Last game I bought (soon as it came out) was probably SSBB. Since then I've only bought RE UC (for $20)...and hardly touched it.
WHy did I buy a Wii? Because when I got it (April 2007) there was alot of awesome games for it that were out, or were about to come out:
Paper Mario, Trauma Centres 1+2, Mario Kart, Warioware, SM Galaxy, Metroid 3, Brawl wasn't too far off, and the VC titles. Times were good.

Then the PS3 strolled into my life and I realized the Wii wasn't what I was after in a console. I've lost interest to the point where in order for me to buy a new Wii game it would have to be something truely amazing, or something i can't live without (like Zelda). Even NSMB Wii wasn't enough to get me to buy some software (I can't support the copy/paste/color-swap they didwith Toad). And slowing the VC flow to one game a week is just laughable.

Nintendo is lazy as of late, and quite frankly their games don't carry enough replay for me to bother shelling out.
I get alot more game for the same software price with my PS3.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Not really much of anything other than a lot of hardware sales and non-gaming appeal. And a handful of good games.

eveileb-ekam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 eveileb-ekam

[QUOTE="eveileb-ekam"]

I find it really difficult to believe that you are going to wait for Zelda to come out, then sell it, despite its increasingly interesting lineup this year. What was the last game you bought? And is there nothing on the horizon / just released that you find appealing? Because if its that bad for you, then why did you buy it in the first place? Zelda, again?

Conjuration

Last game I bought (soon as it came out) was probably SSBB. Since then I've only bought RE UC (for $20)...and hardly touched it.
WHy did I buy a Wii? Because when I got it (April 2007) there was alot of awesome games for it that were out, or were about to come out:
Paper Mario, Trauma Centres 1+2, Mario Kart, Warioware, SM Galaxy, Metroid 3, Brawl wasn't too far off, and the VC titles. Times were good.

Then the PS3 strolled into my life and I realized the Wii wasn't what I was after in a console. I've lost interest to the point where in order for me to buy a new Wii game it would have to be something truely amazing, or something i can't live without (like Zelda). Even NSMB Wii wasn't enough to get me to buy some software (I can't support the copy/paste/color-swap they didwith Toad). And slowing the VC flow to one game a week is just laughable.

Nintendo is lazy as of late, and quite frankly their games don't carry enough replay for me to bother shelling out.
I get alot more game for the same software price with my PS3.

Fair enough, I understand your position, but for the sake of SW argument, I am going to respond ;)

I take issue with the fact that you list a lot of pre-Brawl games that are good, but have ignored post-Brawl games that are thematically similar in terms of visuals and content. Most recently, there has been NMH2 and Tatsunoko Vs Capcom. There is Silent Hill, A Boy and His Blob, Dead Space Extraction, Muramasa, Wii Sports Resort, Little Kings Story, Punch-Out!!, Boom Blox Bash Party, Excitebots, ect ect ect. I will not go through the entire list, but the drought has not been nearly as severe as people make out.

Also, I did not mention NSMB Wii because of your dislike of it mentioned later.

Getting a PS3 did the exact opposite to my mindset. It made me appreciate Wii games even more. Not because I dont like the types of software available on the PS3, but because they take different approaches. I guess it comes down to different strokes, which I completely understand.

I do, however, have to respons to the "NSMB Wii is lazy argument". Whilst, yes, I do wonder about the inclusion of two unnamed (officially) Toad characters, and I lament the lack of online, the game is far from lazy. It has some of the best 2D platforming mechanics, uses motion controls really well to heighten skilled strategic precision platforming, has beautifully rendered graphics and contains fantastic level design. The game has been carefully crafted to be difficult yet accessable, and has a tonne of replay value, despite the lack of online multiplayer. Playing it singularly, or in multiplayer creates a whole different game IMO.

If Nintendo's attitude is symbolised in New Super Mario Bros Wii, then they are certainly on the right track.

The VC releases trouble me, but it has struck me how they are going to want to keep the service relevant in the many years to come. It might be irritating for the consumer to not have access to every library instantly, but as a business, it is unwise to release a flood of good retro software, then leave it sitting on the VC for the rest of eternity. Spacing important releases strategically means people buy more, which is ultimately the point of the service.

Besides, there are a lot of awesome VC games, I find if difficult to imagine anyone that has tried the majority of those considered worth the price.

Also, the lack of VC releases makes sense with the advent of WiiWare, which houses some spectacular content such as Lost Winds, the Bit. Trip series, Swords & Soldiers, and will imminently contain Cave Story, Super Meat Boy and other spectacular smaller games.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#23 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

A pretty good console.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

A great system with a lot of unique, quality games that my wife and I use quite frequently. We also have a lot of friends who have Wii's and we get together often to play offline MP games.

FFOwner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FFOwner
Member since 2008 • 136 Posts
A nintendo wii console. No more, no less.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
It's a great companion to my PC. with it i have access to a large number of exclusive console games that are generally a totally different experience than i would have from my PC.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

great fun when drunk and with friends/gf (who dont play games) otherwise it remains untouched and downstairs gathering dust...

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

A cheap joke. I have tried and tried to like it, but I just can't force myself to like something that bad.scorch-62
Agreed. I've owned all Ninty's hardware and have been a manticore the last 3 generations, but I just can't bring myself to bother with my Wii. I've tried, but there's hardly anything worth playing. There's always a far better alternative on the other systems.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts

Its a kiddie console :P IMO

finalstar2007
It has M-rated games
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LastRambo341
An amazing console that has been misunderstood by so many people. it gets a lot of undeserved hate.
Deevoshun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Deevoshun
Member since 2003 • 868 Posts

The Wii to me is a Nintendo retro gaming machine, but lately the Xbox has been doing a much better job of that. I dunno its tiny?

3rdbass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 3rdbass
Member since 2009 • 3301 Posts

[QUOTE="3rdbass"]

eveileb-ekam

Well I still use it for parties and when with a group of people. Not fun otherwise and I will get crap selling it.

gamedude234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 gamedude234
Member since 2009 • 2558 Posts

gets more playing time from me.

its a wonderful console that, as stated before, has been misunderstood by too many people.

i buy or rent a game for it like once a month.

WinnerByTKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 WinnerByTKO
Member since 2009 • 491 Posts

To me, Wii is a toy, with the exception of some titles such as No More Heroes and Metroid Primes.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LastRambo341

To me, Wii is a toy, with the exception of some titles such as No More Heroes and Metroid Primes.

WinnerByTKO
A toy is something you play with just like the 360 and a Ps3
italygamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 italygamer
Member since 2009 • 668 Posts

It's a nice entertaining console and has great exclusive games.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
i wouldnt know cuz i dont own one. but i would buy one in a heartbeat if i had the money =(
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LastRambo341

It's an under powered joke of a system with motion controls that you have to wear your arms out to death to play the games. Hey look Tommy it's a little piece of crap but you get to wave your arms around like an idiot too and get cramps in your shoulders too. Yeah!

patriots7672
* Underpowered just like the Ps2 against the GC and Xbox. Hypocrisy * Not all games require motion controls * Sony has a new motion controller Its nice to see a hypocritical cow
primitive013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 primitive013
Member since 2003 • 1422 Posts
virtual console machine
Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

Something I won't be buying for a while.

Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Firelore29
Member since 2007 • 4158 Posts
It's my party machine. The 360 and PS3 are the systems I typically play by myself but when I'm having a party or people over it's the Wii 90% of the time.
tirralirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tirralirra
Member since 2009 • 2261 Posts

The best alternative console ever!!!! Plus Nintendo make some of the best 'casual' games available.

It's my party machine. The 360 and PS3 are the systems I typically play by myself but when I'm having a party or people over it's the Wii 90% of the time.Firelore29

This too

Eraphiron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Eraphiron
Member since 2010 • 569 Posts
An overpriced repackaged gamecube.tok1879
...:o It's the only console I own, and I'm happy with it. Sometimes I do want a PS3 or a Xbox 360 though.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts
crackin little console with loads of cool games. lots of crap too but sift through that and theres lots of gold.
James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

A now & again cheap thrill - all other times, an expensive dust collector, door stop, paper weight. . :P

SecretPolice

neildneil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50 neildneil
Member since 2007 • 594 Posts

My Primary gaming system.