What is the main reason that the people says sim racing are boring?

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19590 Posts
There's something completely monotonous about driving around the same track for lengthy periods of time, trying to hold exactly the same line over and over. They would be a lot more fun if they actually gave you a strong sense of speed/damage consequences (I'd like to see your car get completely demolished when you hit a wall), and if the AI was remotely interesting...although AI would be tricky, since the 'harder' they are, the more boringly precise they get.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#52 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
Because I suck at them, which in turn is because I find them too boring to learn how to play. I respect sim racers, but I don't see what's enjoyable about them and I don't care to find out. I don't think any amount of playing them would make me a fan.
romans828_2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 romans828_2002
Member since 2003 • 1108 Posts
For the same reason I think most RTS games are boring. It's just not people's cup of tea. I'm a huge NASCAR fan, mainly because I took the time to soak up the intricacies of the sport, but I can see why others don't find it interesting. I think soccer is terribly boring, but it has an absolutely rabid fanbase. Different strokes, I guess.
killeracer0210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#54 killeracer0210
Member since 2009 • 1475 Posts

coz they are

max-Emadness
that's not the reason, just give another reason please
Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts
Boring and too realistic. I don't play games for realism. Battlefield is about the furthest I go in terms of playing realistic titles. I find arcade racers far more enjoyable and fun.
MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 MuddyMaestro
Member since 2009 • 10351 Posts

I think a lot of it comes down to the lack of thrill. Simulation racers aren't necessarily lacking a sense of speed, but it's not simply about driving fast to generate thrill. The game needs to be more lax in the sense that the small margin of error won't ruin your whole performance, and removing this suspense and self-inflicted pressure allows you to take in that sense of speed, and really embrace the game not for the purpose of a challenge, but for the purpose of fun. I don't believe this devalues simulation racers though. Both arcade and simulation racers have such distinctqualities, I consider it a crime to include them under one genre.

markinthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 markinthedark
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

Driving is boring. That's why rich people pay other people to drive them around. If driving is boring, pretending to be driving is twice as boring.

LordQuorthon

lol, this comment is gold.

Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#58 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts

Driving is boring. That's why rich people pay other people to drive them around. If driving is boring, pretending to be driving is twice as boring.

LordQuorthon

Gotta admit, this gave me a pretty good laugh. Still, I find driving to be exhilarating, but I live in an area with winding mountain roads and own a fairly sporty Honda so it's good fun. If I were in the city or someplace else, than yea, I'd say it's fairly boring.

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts

If a game has cars in it and you can't run over a grannie, who's crossing the road, then there is no point in playing it.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#60 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
I find them boring. I tried to get really good at them and have got to the point where I am not too bad. Over all though I find them very boring to play.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I don't know much about cars that is why I don't like them.

Also I prefer games like F-Zero, Trackmania, and Mario Kart.

gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 gamer620
Member since 2004 • 3367 Posts
[QUOTE="killeracer0210"]

Hi something i just need to know how does sim racing games makes people feel bored?

P.S as i know most of people liked Kart racing or street racing games better.

have you ever watched Nascar in person or on TV? Unless there is a crash, its pretty unsatisfying. Throw some arcadey gimmicks into the game like points for crashes, stunts, quick time events, scripted events and you get some exciting gameplay. Heres a hypothetical: You have two video game retailers across the street from each other, both of which are promoting a game. One is promoting GT5 and the other is promoting Burnout: Paradise. Which one do you think people want to sit down for minutes on end and not just play, but even watch? And seriously... if you say GT5, you must be a redneck.
mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 mD-
Member since 2005 • 4314 Posts
For me, sim racing is only fun if you can afford a good wheel. It's not very fun with a controller or IMO with some cheapy steering wheel. crazymonkey092
Nailed it on the first post.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#64 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Low sense of speed and a lot harder to master.
MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 MuddyMaestro

[QUOTE="killeracer0210"]

Hi something i just need to know how does sim racing games makes people feel bored?

gamer620

have you ever watched Nascar in person or on TV? Unless there is a crash, its pretty unsatisfying. Throw some arcadey gimmicks into the game like points for crashes, stunts, quick time events, scripted events and you get some exciting gameplay.

Heres a hypothetical: You have two video game retailers across the street from each other, both of which are promoting a game. One is promoting GT5 and the other is promoting Burnout: Paradise. Which one do you think people want to sit down for minutes on end and not just play, but even watch? And seriously... if you say GT5, you must be a redneck.

I see nothing behind that argument. It's the same as a game promoting a turn based combat RPG against one that uses a real-time combat system, and automatically assuming the mass population will only be interested in one. It mostly comes down to preference. The same way you can't generalize that watching NASCAR is unsatisfying, or that you're a redneck if you play Gran Turismo 5 (which makes no sense in your argument, quite honestly).

gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 gamer620
Member since 2004 • 3367 Posts
[QUOTE="MudkipMaster30"]

[QUOTE="gamer620"][QUOTE="killeracer0210"]

have you ever watched Nascar in person or on TV? Unless there is a crash, its pretty unsatisfying. Throw some arcadey gimmicks into the game like points for crashes, stunts, quick time events, scripted events and you get some exciting gameplay.

Heres a hypothetical: You have two video game retailers across the street from each other, both of which are promoting a game. One is promoting GT5 and the other is promoting Burnout: Paradise. Which one do you think people want to sit down for minutes on end and not just play, but even watch? And seriously... if you say GT5, you must be a redneck.

I see nothing behind that argument. It's the same as a game promoting a turn based combat RPG against one that uses a real-time combat system, and automatically assuming the mass population will only be interested in one. It mostly comes down to preference. The same way you can't generalize that watching NASCAR is unsatisfying, or that you're a redneck if you play Gran Turismo 5 (which makes no sense in your argument, quite honestly).

I don't see how the RPG thing is the same at all. Turn based or real time doesn't matter from first impression because in the same situation, one retailer displays a a real time combat system and another a TB combat system, both have their mainstream appeal. Turn based combat system are often accompanied by just as many if not more flashy spell effects and animations as a real time system and a passer by is not going to care about the pacing at that point because guess what, both games appear flashy to them. GT and Burnout side by side once again, works differently. The core racing mechanics are far different. One is slowly paced and limited to purely racing with no real excitement thrown in, burnouts core mechanics offer stunts, demolition, speed. ] The redneck comment was more of a joke more than anything due to my original comment on nascar.
MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 MuddyMaestro

[QUOTE="MudkipMaster30"]

[QUOTE="gamer620"] have you ever watched Nascar in person or on TV? Unless there is a crash, its pretty unsatisfying. Throw some arcadey gimmicks into the game like points for crashes, stunts, quick time events, scripted events and you get some exciting gameplay.

Heres a hypothetical: You have two video game retailers across the street from each other, both of which are promoting a game. One is promoting GT5 and the other is promoting Burnout: Paradise. Which one do you think people want to sit down for minutes on end and not just play, but even watch? And seriously... if you say GT5, you must be a redneck.gamer620

I don't see how the RPG thing is the same at all. Turn based or real time doesn't matter from first impression because in the same situation, one retailer displays a a real time combat system and another a TB combat system, both have their mainstream appeal. Turn based combat system are often accompanied by just as many if not more flashy spell effects and animations as a real time system and a passer by is not going to care about the pacing at that point because guess what, both games appear flashy to them. GT and Burnout side by side once again, works differently. The core racing mechanics are far different. One is slowly paced and limited to purely racing with no real excitement thrown in, burnouts core mechanics offer stunts, demolition, speed. ] The redneck comment was more of a joke more than anything due to my original comment on nascar.

But my main point from this is that all comes down to preference. Just the same way one might see gameplay of GT5 vs. Burnout and prefer one over another, you can do the exact same seem with any game in any genre, and still boils down to preference. All genres have produced quality games, otherwise they wouldn't still be developed. Regardless, no single game is going to appeal to every gamer. So just the same way you prefer arcade racers over simulation, it is simple enought to find someone who holds the opposite stance, and I don't like the overall position this topic in that simulation racing is boring, because for many it is not.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#68 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I don't get the Sense of Speed on them.

I play Forza 3 and Burnout Paradise and I find Burnout Paradise to be the Better Game.