What is the main reason that the people says sim racing are boring?

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

killeracer0210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 killeracer0210
Member since 2009 • 1475 Posts

Hi something i just need to know how does sim racing games makes people feel bored?

P.S as i know most of people liked Kart racing or street racing games better.

crazymonkey092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 crazymonkey092
Member since 2005 • 974 Posts
For me, sim racing is only fun if you can afford a good wheel. It's not very fun with a controller or IMO with some cheapy steering wheel.
Dark4ever01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Dark4ever01
Member since 2004 • 321 Posts

I guess most people just don't like all the precision and concentration required for racing sims, and that's exactly why I love them.

Richymisiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Richymisiak
Member since 2007 • 2589 Posts
having put about 100 hours into sim racers this gen and I'd say its the repetition I found myself often going 'oh come on i've proven I can stay 1st for 2 laps, do i really have to do 9 more?'
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

I find it boring because it's too realistic, i don't really play games for realism.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
FPS is the reason and "not a fan" is the reason of someone who has atleast tried it and does play genres other than FPS. I enjoy it only when there are no interuptions and when you get concentrated and focused you can really appreciate tumbling laptimes and long races coming an end. Its like Demons Souls its frustrating sometimes but when you succeed you really do enjoy it so you are compelled to focus and get better.
Wii4Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Wii4Fun
Member since 2008 • 1472 Posts

I find it boring because it's too realistic, i don't really play games for realism.

da_illest101

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
High learning curve for an actual sim racer, and i don't like very many racing games in general. I find Gran tourism entertaining though.
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

Because GT5 flopped.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tikeio
Member since 2011 • 5332 Posts

da_illest101

This.

The only racer I enjoyed this gen was MCLA. Fast, fun, OPEN WORLD and lots of cool rap music, yo! 8)

Sim racers restrict you. You can't cruise around a city or anything. You can only pick a race track and race (slowly) around the same track multiple times, and it gets boring.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
If you suck at a particular genre then you will eventually get bored of it.
Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tikeio

Because GT5 flopped.

GreenGoblin2099

GT5 sold over 5 million copies :|

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

[QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"]

Because GT5 flopped.

Tikeio

GT5 sold over 5 million copies :|

SW rules say it flopped.

DireOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DireOwl
Member since 2007 • 3352 Posts

I like more violence in my racing games.

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

I don't like driving around in circles, not what I find fun.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#16 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

They lack appeal and are very generic.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

Driving is boring. That's why rich people pay other people to drive them around. If driving is boring, pretending to be driving is twice as boring.

Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

Because Mario Kart is fun, Blur is fun, Need for speed hot pursiut is fun, Burnout Paradise is fun, GT 5 is the most boring game ever made

hoplayletsplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hoplayletsplay
Member since 2005 • 983 Posts
A gamer will find anything boring if they're bad at it. However, you can only good at a genre if you spend time practicing it. Since sim racing requires more skillz than other genre, eg, shooters, most of the impatient gamers just aren't elite enough to handle sim racing.
Sp4rtan_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sp4rtan_3
Member since 2010 • 3495 Posts
NFS shift is the only "sim" racer that is exciting for me. GT & Forza are just boring.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Most gamers idea of racing is "pedal to the medal", to push that car to it limits at every corner. Having to actually pace your speed at various points along the track, precisely control the angle of a turn, balance between acceleration and braking, goes against their grain. If you see racing as an adrenaline rush of non-stop speed, chances are you can't appreciate the challenge of proper form and control required to successfully navigate the course.

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts
[QUOTE="Tikeio"]

[QUOTE="da_illest101"]

This.

The only racer I enjoyed this gen was MCLA. Fast, fun, OPEN WORLD and lots of cool rap music, yo! 8)

Sim racers restrict you. You can't cruise around a city or anything. You can only pick a race track and race (slowly) around the same track multiple times, and it gets boring.

YES! I was hooked on that game like a crack addict for a looooong time.
mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

Most gamers idea of racing is "pedal to the medal", to push that car to it limits at every corner. Having to actually pace your speed at various points along the track, precisely control the angle of a turn, balance between acceleration and braking, goes against their grain. If you see racing as an adrenaline rush of non-stop speed, chances are you can't appreciate the challenge of proper form and control required to successfully navigate the course.

AdobeArtist
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Simply passing cars and turning is boring to me. Pushing people into walls is not.
blizzvalve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 blizzvalve
Member since 2007 • 14052 Posts

because driving sims require a good steering wheel controller to play (which I don;t have). Otherwise, the game controls horribly and is not fun to play.

arbitor365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 arbitor365
Member since 2009 • 2726 Posts

the problem is that they lack exaggeration. they dont use enough effects to amplify

- sense of speed

- crash mechanics

- fantastical environment factors

realism gets in the way. plus there arent weapons and other pickups, so you cant blow the **** out of each other or mix things up with some items. some people prefer that stuff.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
cause a lot of people dont have patience and want ACTION ACTION ACTION ALL THE TIME!
catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts

All of those besides making me fall asleep (I have a hard time getting to sleep no matter the situation).

Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

Arcade racers are what make sim racers so boring.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
I simply fail to see a point.
SkyrinGans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#32 SkyrinGans
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

The reason Sims are called boring is because its the same routine for a race. go 4 laps in a certain car and it can put someone to sleep, especially when each lap takes 3 minutes.

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#33 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
I'm just terrible at it :P (I'm always going to play a racer like I do arcade style...so when I see a turn, I drift it by instinct instead of doing it the professional way :lol:.). I'm not the type to get bored with a racer, just not the type who's willing to learn how to drive a car in a videogame the proper way.
Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Not-A-Stalker
Member since 2006 • 5165 Posts
Because they suck at them. You know long it took me to get used to Gran Turismo 5 after playing Hot Pursuit for the past few weeks? Slowing down to 20mph to turn corners! Bullcrap!
dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Because they are. There only purpose is to give poorer drivers a chance to drive a million dollar car.

Gameplay just revolves around driving in circles/loops for long periods. It's like saying Nascar races are fun without the wrecks.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Because a true racing sim is like driving a car and unless you are really good have a racing wheel as well then you are pretty much gonna blow at a true racing simulator. go use one of these 10k+ dollar racing simulators they use in the actual racing sport you will lose in about 5 seconds.
Of course there are some people whom will enjoy it but the simple fact is most people dont want to be professional drivers they just wanna drive around doing races and having fun.

TheOtherTheoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheOtherTheoG
Member since 2010 • 2287 Posts
It's all a matter of patience. If you're willing to put the cash and the time into becoming good, then you will find them fun. Personally, I'm quite a big fan of sims (eg. proper PC sims, like GTR 2, Forza and GT5 are not sims), but that's because I put in the time to master them.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
mostly they are just not fun, richard burns rally gtr race etc are all far to hard to be fun. forza and gt are not real sims, but are still mostly to realistic for someone to just pick it up and have fun like can be done with dirt or grid. codies just always seems to get the balance just right. With a good when they might be good, but I'd rather not spend $400+ on a wheel for a game I might play for a few days and then if your friends come round you need two of them to keep every one happy.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

when you drive a real car, you easily find it boring...sounds strange but when you can drive it isnt as appealing as it used to be..might just be me tho.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts
Grinding (in gt5), No sense of speed (besides NSF), Bad ai, too few tracks/poor track design/too many fake tracks, Poor overall graphics (besides nsf) . I hate arcade racing games.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

cause a lot of people dont have patience and want ACTION ACTION ACTION ALL THE TIME!campzor

The thing is, i do have a car, i have a driving license, all papers done. Not a passionate driver though.

And i don't feel any pleasure or entertainment driving a car, in a game, if it doesn't have any 'over the top' stuff such as being pure arcade, or something like Carmageddon. But if i think about this more, i can understand people that are passionate about driving, and want to ...somewhat experience a car they could never buy due to a tight wallet. I can get that, it's a cool experience with a wheel.

NWA90s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 NWA90s
Member since 2010 • 859 Posts

try playing a sim with all assists off, using a steering wheel and manual gear. you have to BE really accurate and need to change the gear the the right moment. especially when you race online in GT5, there are alot of good players. In a sim you always need to have your eyes pointed at the television, because on crash can screw up your whole race.

BTW, lol at people thinking shift is a sim. even grid is more of a sim.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

It's just driving, and driving a car you'll never own. I enjoy the fast pace and twitchiness of arcade racers much more.

ManicAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#45 ManicAce
Member since 2009 • 3267 Posts

It's not much fun if you do it half-arsed, it takes more effort and time, you need to learn the tracks, car behavior and if you want to be competitive car setup as well. Level of competition can be tough for a newbie. In arcade racers though you can just jump in and play.

Personally my best experiences are with sims, but I play more arcade racing simply because I can't always bother investing the time in a sim.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Tikeio

A gamer will find anything boring if they're bad at it. However, you can only good at a genre if you spend time practicing it. Since sim racing requires more skillz than other genre, eg, shooters, most of the impatient gamers just aren't elite enough to handle sim racing.hoplayletsplay
Slowly driving around circles take skill, but speeding through a city going 180 mph and dodging oncoming traffic doesn't?

Arcade>Sim

gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

I'd say sim racers are just much harder to control, so people get frustrated easily. You can't just brake and then accelerate immediately, you have to be smooth on the controls, and for lots of players, that's very difficult, even with a racing wheel. The sense of speed is also very much lacking in just about any sim. Personally I like both sim and arcade, but I will say that Burnout 3 is my favorite racer ever- that game was FAST.

max-Emadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 max-Emadness
Member since 2009 • 1781 Posts

coz they are

SteJo6sic6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SteJo6sic6
Member since 2010 • 41 Posts

I find that sim racers are the only racing games I actually enjoy. I also don't get people saying you need a good wheel to enjoy a sim racer. Whenever I've player Forza 2 & 3 up at my friends I've had a blast, and I've sunk so much time into GT5 it's unreal for someone who isn't really a fan of racing games. Whenever I've played with a wheel I find it a lot harder to control, I also don't drive so that might have something to do with it lol.

quattro_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 quattro_guy
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
those that say driving is boring in real life are obviously driving the wrong cars or on the wrong roads... I love taking my "fun" car out on the weekends and row through the gears and hit up some twisty roads, hit up the local auto cross/road course, or drive the gas powered go-karts at the nearest track. this is why I prefer sim games over street/arcade racers that are about big wings, flashy paintjobs, and speeding through pedestrian traffic.