What is the best Super Smash Bros. game?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

Poll What is the best Super Smash Bros. game? (78 votes)

Super Smash Bros (N64) 14%
Super Smash Bros Melee (GCN) 58%
Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii) 28%

The fourth Super Smash Bros. game is coming, and when it comes, it will hit us like a freight train. But until that time, we have three excellent games in a series that is simply like nothing else on the market. Which of them do you think is the best?

• 
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#51 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44568 Posts

For me the N64 game was the best.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#52 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

@bbkkristian said:

I called Melee being more popular than Brawl. But I won't ignore that brawl had issues. What I fear is that people will forever be stuck in the past with Melee once SSBwiiu3ds comes out, and then criticize it like hell because it didn't have the exploits that divided the core from the casual.

This is how I feel. Nothing against the pro players but sheesh. Move on from a 13 year old game already when SSB4 hits. Sure Brawl wasnt as 'competitive', but Melee had exploited and broken mechanics. Brawl had it's own issues, so right now the best is by far Project M.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#53  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

as if there is a difference between the 3

super smash bros? more like 'button mash brah', horrible franchise

Wow... How ignorant can you get. Button mashing is less effective in smash bros. than it is in other fighters like Mortal kombat or Street fighter

Melee is one of the most competitive fighters in the industry.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

as if there is a difference between the 3

super smash bros? more like 'button mash brah', horrible franchise

It's all the same game.

But you should play PSAB,it's like a god version of the game

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@sHaDyCuBe321: People will always bitch about the new stuff. That's the power of the internet.

But if 4 gets rid of some of the bullshit Brawl had, like tripping or the slow movement, it's already a great step ahead.

I will agree that the random tripping was ridiculous. I would be ok with a movement system that leaned towards melee and please god no Subspace Emissary. I would love it if they came up with some sort of single player component that was passable. Just as long as there are a ton of unlockables. It took me months to unlock everything in Brawl without using a hammer. I want the same thing for SSBWU

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17820 Posts

melee.

brawl had content coming from everywhere but the gameplay felt...off. hard to explain. it was like everything was that bit slower. Link was my fav in melee but in brawl something wasnt right (i was using a GC controller also). same with fox.

i think, maybe, they tried to add too many characters and keeping them all balanced caused problems.

hopefully the new one tightens up the gameplay a bit.

on a side note i hope nintendo also realise that this game will need a lot of post release support. they wont be able to balance it before launch. its impossible. a game like smash bros needs millions of hours worth of data to get all the exploits out. hopefully nintendo will see all the data coming in from online play, take not fo player feedback and adjust accordingly.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#57  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@svaubel said:

@bbkkristian said:

I called Melee being more popular than Brawl. But I won't ignore that brawl had issues. What I fear is that people will forever be stuck in the past with Melee once SSBwiiu3ds comes out, and then criticize it like hell because it didn't have the exploits that divided the core from the casual.

This is how I feel. Nothing against the pro players but sheesh. Move on from a 13 year old game already when SSB4 hits. Sure Brawl wasnt as 'competitive', but Melee had exploited and broken mechanics. Brawl had it's own issues, so right now the best is by far Project M.

There aren't any mechanics that seriously break the game... Fox's shine is the only thing that comes close to broken, but it's still nothing close to the bullshit 64 Pikachu or Brawl Metaknight can pull off. Most stages where he can infinitely multishine are banned anyway. Melee is arguably the most balanced game of the three (excluding Project M).

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

Melee by a mile