• 52 results
Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

Edited By Ghosts4ever

Poll What is the Best Doom Game? (79 votes)

Doom 1 24%
Doom 2 22%
Doom 3 23%
Doom (reboot) 29%

So my dear friends, as we know Doom is one of the oldest franchise that is still going on. each and every game evolved from previous games. and this is one of those only franchise that never ever had a bad game before. so lets talk about it

Doom 1

No Caption Provided

Doom 2

No Caption Provided

Doom 3

No Caption Provided

Doom (reboot)

No Caption Provided

In my 20 years of gaming experience. I have never seen any franchise that evolved this much without having a single bad, dissapointing game. when it comes to atmosphere and longeviety and experience i consider Doom 3 the best. when it comes to a game that define modern shooter in the vien of old school i consider Doom reboot is best. when it comes the game that create and revolutionaize FPS genre I consider first 2 best. as they are the reason why FPS exist today. back in days FPS were called Doom clones

So my friends, which Doom from 4 Excellent, Incredible, masterpieces, universal, Epic games you consider best?

Discuss

• 
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

What do you think of Doom(2016) Multiplayer mode?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Doom Reboot for me.

Doom 1 started it. Doom II refined it. Doom 3 was meh. Doom Reboot has the graphics, yet still has that demon-ripping fast gameplay that made the fist two so fun.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Doom 64...ok, to be fair it was the first and only (until Doom 3) Doom game that i played...but i thought it was a fun game despite being dark as hell, still it was fun for what it was.

Doom 3 was also a very enjoyable game, sure it is kind of a generic "Horror Shooter" (it was also dark as hell...jeez whas't wrong with some light) and again, i liked it for what it was.

Haven't had the chance to play the Reboot, but it looks fun as well.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

2 da best

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24922 Posts

@PSP107 said:

What do you think of Doom(2016) Multiplayer mode?

it used to be bad. now its pretty good with update deathmatches. still SP is what game is about. MP is extra elements

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#6 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Reboot campaign is superb Imo. But doom3 was scary, great, and awesome. I have been recently been playing it again, thank you for BC Microsoft and God bless the United States

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

Jeez, so hard to pick favorites, they're each great. I loved Doom back when it released, though I like Doom 2 better, just greater enemy variety, great maps, more challenging, double barrel shotgun. Doom 1 was the first game I played, back when they sold shareware on 3.5 inch floppies in a cardboard/paper pouch at computer/game stores for $4.99, I actually had full Doom 2 before I acquired the disc retail version of the original Doom. It wouldn't even run on the PC I had back then, had to take my computer in to double RAM from 4MB to 8MB, and upgraded my HDD from 200MB with an extra 500MB hard-drive (didn't need it to run Doom, but why not?). Back then it was only mail order, but I found it magically at the local university bookstore on their shelf and got it in a heartbeat. It'd still be some time before they released it properly at retail, when they did though they did it with the 4th campaign I never played. Didn't get to play that until many years later when I got it on Xbox 360.

But Doom 3 & 4 are just so different. I loved Doom 3 back in its day, I liked the introduction of more story elements for its time, PDAs and audio logs to flush out more story, and at the time I thought it was a pretty scary game, even the imps frightened me, the use of shadows and hidden spaces and reactive walls with enemies behind could make a seemingly harmless room jump alive with action and terror, though the story narrative elements nothing special by today's standards who've done this and done it better, the shooting gameplay is my least favorite, but the game had incredible atmosphere for its time, but of all the games I feel it doesn't hold up as well as the others. Doom 4 was great fun, it had that fast and fluid gameplay of the original games, yet it's not perfect, but man it is refleshingly fun. The gun gameplay is great, I like most the weapons.

But, I feel Doom 4 is where the original Doom was when it released. They need a sequel to that just gives us more more more. More maps, more enemy variety, maybe a new weapon or two. I liked Doom 4 for the most part, lots of good challenging fast paced violent gory combat, however I wasn't a fan of the boss fights, weren't bad but weren't great. I also feel you don't get that same kind of ambush environment of previous Doom games where the wall panels lift and it's like "oh shit!!" and then you have to fight your way out of I feel that post released they needed to focus more on SP DLC that expands the game and not MP content. If they'd had done that I'd of been all over SP DLC day one. The user created SP maps didn't do much for me either. Maybe I should check back into the game to see if anybody has made some good levels there. Nonetheless, I love the direction it's going. I like the idea of powers/perks, weapon upgrading, brutal executions, and berserk perk (maybe the most useless perk in previous games) is actually useful for once and you tear enemies limb from limb (literally). The chainsaw is a lot more useful and has more purpose. I like how it didn't overdo story and focused on the gameplay, the story is a bit simple as it needed to be, but what they had was good I kind of wish they had more.

So, I'll rank them:

Doom 2 > Doom 4 > Doom 1 > Doom 3

I'm hoping Doom 5 is to Doom 4 what Doom 2 was to Doom 1, I hope it's Doom 4 with more focus on SP development, bigger better levels, more enemy variety, challenging situations. More gore, more brutal executions. More opportunity for utter carnage. Maybe some co-op MP.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Doom 1

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

I liked the Doom reboot since it felt very much like Doom 1 and 2. Since it's new, i give it the vote, and the MP is like Quake 3 arena in many ways which for me is an enjoyable fast paced run and gun.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

Probably Ultimate Doom.

Kudos to the guy mentioning Doom 64, it's a very good game.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

Influence wise it goes to Doom. But the reboot wins both graphically and gameplay wise. It's such a good fps.

I haven't played 3 yet, but I've heard it called a fantastic game, but not really a doom game.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Wow Doom 3? Really people?

Not Doom 2?

EDIT: Also yeah, Where's Doom 64? The Real Doom 3? That game was pretty neat!

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

I loved the original Doom. Loved it. From shareware to full game whenever I played it it had something special that other FPS' could not compete with. Even games that came along later like Heretic just couldn't match it.

If you judge a game by the impact it had on its day, it wins. It simply does. It came along and kickstarted a whole genre that dominated gaming for a long time. (Wasn't the first FPS, but it was the game that kicked them into the stratosphere).

However, the new Doom is, today, better. It's an evolution. Doom 1 has dated, as it was bound to. It s a 2D plane with no vertical aim. Some of it drags. The graphics are, whilst not the mess many early 3D games are, are frequently dull. It's still playable, but the new one is the better game in the here and now.

Doom reboot was perfect for today. It took a game that shook up a genre and shook up the genre once again. A game that kicks your arse if you dont kick its arse, just like Doom should be.

So for me, Doom Reboot> Doom 1 and 2 (same engine, same thrill)> Doom 3.

Now make Quake.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#14 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Surprised by amount of love for DOOM 3. The original was a mortifying and evil experience. Don't know if the sequels could ever have the same impact.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

This is pretty much just a discussion between level design in Doom and Doom II: Hell on Earth. Doom 3 is a pacing-based horror game that doesn't do horror all that well and Doom 2016 is just a faithful and wonderful homage to the originals in modern clothing.

Doom has a lot of "classic" levels, but Doom II had a whole lot more creative ones, with incredibly unique designs.

If Final Doom is included with Doom II (which it technically should be, because it was released as a standalone package, despite being what was essentially another expansion in line with Master Levels) then it's not even a competition. The Plutonia Experiment is the pinnacle of official Doom level design. It is, by far, what I would imagine a perfect Doom game to be. It's ridiculously hard (I'm Too Young To Die is rough for me, someone who can beat Hell On Earth on Ultra Violence) and outstandingly rewarding.

If we come down to it, for me it's as follows:

Doom II: Hell on Earth (+Master Levels and Final Doom) >>> Doom (+Ultimate) >>> Doom (2016) >>> Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil >>> Doom 3

I loved them all and been a Doom fan almost all my life (22 years of 30 to be exact, since 1994), so this is a near and dear franchise for me.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

DOOM is an awesome game. I especially enjoyed the music

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

DOOM 2 (Final Doom) was a genre defining game.

Reboot Doom is also a must buy game, easily one of the best FPS games of the last decade.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Doom 3. Trites scared the shit outta me :(

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Ultimate Doom by a long shot if we're throwing in the sheer amount of mods you have at your disposal.

Doom 4 if we're strictly talking vanilla release.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

Whilst I really enjoyed the reboot, I still think Doom 1 is my fav (even though 2 is technically more refined).

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Whilst I really enjoyed the reboot, I still think Doom 1 is my fav (even though 2 is technically more refined).

2 also has some noteworthy stretches of real questionable level design. Not like Doom 1 didn't have some issues, but it's a lot tighter and more snug, because Romero is a beast. Patterson and Amiercan Mcgee had some neat ideas, but they also had sequences that were more tedious than engaging.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

2 also has some noteworthy stretches of real questionable level design. Not like Doom 1 didn't have some issues, but it's a lot tighter and more snug, because Romero is a beast. Patterson and Amiercan Mcgee had some neat ideas, but they also had sequences that were more tedious than engaging.

Yeah I agree... I definitely liked the level design better in 1.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

We're not your friends. If you think so, you live a very sad life.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

DOOM 1 was influental as hell, but DOOM (Reboot) wins for me because in the era it released.

In an era full of Battlefields, Call of dooty, Medal of Honors, Ghost Recons, ect all shooters have become very stale and similar.

DOOM 4 was scrapped because it contained all those elements, and went back to the OG roots that shooters were known for, also it's fucking metal.

Loading Video...

Thank god this never came out, would've flopped.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#25 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

You can't overemphasize how much of step up the original Doom was for the genre and industry, so it gets my vote. But a close second is the reboot, which embodies almost everything you could want out of a SP FPS experience (the MP leaves a lot to be desired, otherwise I'd be tempted to give it the nod - the loadout system doesn't jive with my tastes for the type of shooter Doom strives to be).

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

Doom 3

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

From a purely gaming point of view, I'm attracted more to Doom 4.

Doom 4 > Doom 2 > Doom 1 > Doom 3

Make no mistake. I still like Doom 3.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

Doom II baby!!

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

I picked the reboot bc I was young when I played the originals and can't really remember it.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Not fair of me to answer since I've only really ever played the reboot (just beat it for the first time about 10 minutes ago, definitely a top 10 game of the gen so far if not top 5).

I'm looking forward to getting Doom 3 BFG edition since it's BC on Xbox One, and that game has 1 2 and 3 on it.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24922 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

DOOM 1 was influental as hell, but DOOM (Reboot) wins for me because in the era it released.

In an era full of Battlefields, Call of dooty, Medal of Honors, Ghost Recons, ect all shooters have become very stale and similar.

DOOM 4 was scrapped because it contained all those elements, and went back to the OG roots that shooters were known for, also it's fucking metal.

Loading Video...

LOL at youtube comments about its getting back to being call of doom. dont know why bunch of stupid people judge a single player game based on MP beta.

even MP is getting improved now.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#32 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Doom 2 for me.

Kozio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Kozio
Member since 2015 • 781 Posts
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

Loading Video...

So these screenshots were legit after all. Looks like success of Hard Reset and Serious Sam 3 on Steam changed their minds in 2011, props where props are due.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

That's really fucking hard to choose, but... DOOM 2.

I love them all. Even Rage was good, but too short.

Edit: I just made DOOM 2 tied with DOOM 3 with my vote. That's not right..

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

For me it was DOOM 2016. It's one of the best games I've played these past years. And the shooting just feels so visceral and good, as a FPS it succeeds on every level.

Never enjoyed Doom 3 much, and DOOM 1, though I did play it, I was more into Wolfenstein, Duke 3D, Quake and then later on Half Life.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

I look at Doom 1/2/Final as pretty much one long game. And I pick that.

Shame the new one had that arena like level design.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56105 Posts

My first Doom game was Doom 3 and I love it, simply love it when I play that awesome FPS game on Xbox many years ago buuuuut, Doom 2016 was so fucking amazing on PC, I fell in love with it but if I gotta pick one of them, it's Doom 2016 despite I also enjoy Doom 3.

Voted: Doom Reboot (2016)

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Wow Doom 3? Really people?

Doom 3 was my first Doom game, what's so bad about Doom 3?

@clone01 said:

We're not your friends. If you think so, you live a very sad life.

Shuuut uuup Clone01, You're my friend XD

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Original Doom is the best for obvious reason

Doom 3 for my taste

Doom 2 was good

Doom reboot was underwhelming

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Doom 2: Hell on Earth is the best game ever made......period

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

Doom 2

nygamespotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nygamespotter
Member since 2016 • 523 Posts

Doom 3 doesn't get nearly as much love as it deserves. One of my favourite games of all time.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56105 Posts

@nygamespotter said:

Doom 3 doesn't get nearly as much love as it deserves. One of my favourite games of all time.

You are not alone. I love Doom 3 and while it's hard to be on par with Doom 2016, I still like to go back and play Doom 3 from time to time.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Doom (reboot) I love how the brought back Doom 2 monsters and weapons, yet in great modern graphics, when in battle they bring Doom 3 soundstrack.

Upgrades - because everyone loves it, fast movement just like in Doom 2, they really brought every great aspect from previous games, solid multiplayer as well compared to the 3rd.

Don't forget that this game can run at 200fps, or 60fps at 4K if you have the PC that can do it of course :P

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Doom 3 + Absolute HD Mod was my favorite by far.

Too many wave battles in the new one took a bit away from the game. But it captures the feel of a running rampage nicely.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#46 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@davillain-: Nothing wrong with it. Just hardly the "BEST" Doom game.

nygamespotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 nygamespotter
Member since 2016 • 523 Posts

@davillain-: Absolutely. Looks like some people have a hard time tolerating others' opinions.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I'm going with the original. So many hours spent in death match...so many. So many bodies piled up.

Avatar image for thecouchpotater
TheCouchPotater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TheCouchPotater
Member since 2015 • 239 Posts

The best Doom game is obviously the original 'Doom'. Duh.

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

While the least traditional, I love Doom 3 the most.