What has the worst launch of this generation been so far?

• 175 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

Poll What has the worst launch of this generation been so far? (128 votes)

Battlefield 4 3%
DriveClub 4%
Assassin's Creed Unity 8%
Halo: The Master Chief Collection 30%
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 8%
Batman: Arkham Knight (PC) 34%
Just Cause 3 1%
Street Fighter V 11%
Other (Please Specify) 2%

This generation has been a shitshow as far as big name game launches go. We've had so many terrible ones- bad launches with missing content, barely functional game modes, and products which outright do not function, either as advertised, or as intended.

It's been a terrible generation for game launches- but which game launch was the absolute worst one, and why?

Making this thread again because the previous one missed some important options.

• 
Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#51 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@naughtyottsel said:

Yes they're still broken, I mean I played 20+ matches with my friend just 20 minutes ago but hey.

You're an idiot man.

Also no you don't want SFV, you even said in a comment thread months back that it didn't interest you so stop.

It's almost as if @nyadc doesn't think anyone can read his post history.

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 naughtyottsel
Member since 2016 • 1801 Posts

@nyadc said:
@Dire_Weasel said:

No, I don't. What kind of clown would want to buy the the game that he calls "the most broken game of this generation"?

The type of person who wants the game but doesn't want to buy it currently because it's a disaster on nearly every front.

lol this loon is hilarious.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#53 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@naughtyottsel said:

Yes they're still broken, I mean I played 20+ matches with my friend just 20 minutes ago but hey.

You're an idiot man.

Also no you don't want SFV, you even said in a comment thread months back that it didn't interest you so stop.

Sure thing...

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:
@charizard1605 said:

Still the most (and best) exclusives of all consoles this generation :)

Well as there are barely any console exclusives any more that's a rather sad claim.

Nah Wii U's exclusive lineup is actually pretty good by any standard. The "no games" syndrome afflicts the other systems.

Can't say it's great, looking at the gamecube right now but it's solid. It's got the best beat 'em up, the best 2D platformer, best MK and a couple handfuls of gems at least. And there's still time to improve, there are still games to come out, some we don't know about yet.

Well ok some we don't know about is generous i'm just thinking about Paper Mario :P

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 naughtyottsel

@nyadc said:
@naughtyottsel said:

You're an idiot man.

Sure thing...

So I just imagined my 20 matches?

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 NyaDC

@naughtyottsel said:

Since I believe nothing you say in any capacity, it's likely.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#57 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@charizard1605: Yes that is a fact. But the ratings themselves are just opinions or averages of opinions. And it makes no difference to me. I don't wish to play DKTF, Kirby, MarioKart etc.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I guess THPS5 should probably take it since it seemed pretty obvious it was a game that was just pooped out to take advantage of their expiring license

BF4 is also up there because it was pretty well rumored that EA wanted to rush the game out to beat COD, but even after they fixed the major issues their were persistent issues (i.e. netcode)

And then AK because it was bad enough that it had to get pulled.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56123 Posts

Reading NyaDC meltdowns is just more fun then I thought. Keep'em coming.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 cainetao11

@R4gn4r0k: Very true. Its a business industry. Like any it will attempt to further its growth of ways to bring in revenue.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#61  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@charizard1605: Yes that is a fact. But the ratings themselves are just opinions or averages of opinions. And it makes no difference to me. I don't wish to play DKTF, Kirby, MarioKart etc.

Which is perfectly fine! But it does not change the fact that the Wii U's exclusive lineup is superior to the other two systems.

Think of it this way- if you told me that the Xbox 360 has the best shooters of any console last generation, and I say 'Yes, but I don't like shooters,' my argument isn't a good counter argument- my not caring about shooters doesn't change the fact that the Xbox 360 has the best ones. Similarly, while you are entitled to not care about the Wii U's lineup, it doesn't change the fact that it does have more and higher rated exclusives than either of the other two consoles.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#62 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Arkham Knight PC, no question.

Yep

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts
@davillain- said:

Reading NyaDC meltdowns is just more fun then I thought. Keep'em coming.

I'm shocked he's not in your Hype Thread.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46310 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@R4gn4r0k: Very true. Its a business industry. Like any it will attempt to further its growth of ways to bring in revenue.

Yeah but it's this gen that I can start to draw a clear line between companies just trying to make a quick buck and artists trying to give you a solid and fun experience.

In other words, I'm more and more disappointed in AAA games, and I feel I am moving away from that experience. It's not about providing you a fun experience anymore. It's more about "Hey, you wanna have some more fun ? Pay up then !"

It's clearly the free to play model where most games like that are: Yeah, it's free to play... but if you wanna have actual fun while playing, you'd better buy something. Not all free to play games are like this though. But look where the AAA industry took that model.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 DaVillain  Moderator

@Ant_17: He was there ever since I posted a few days ago.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 cainetao11

@charizard1605 said:
@cainetao11 said:

Which is perfectly fine! But it does not change the fact that the Wii U's exclusive lineup is superior to the other two systems.

Think of it this way- if you told me that the Xbox 360 has the best shooters of any console last generation, and I say 'Yes, but I don't like shooters,' my argument isn't a good counter argument- my not caring about shooters doesn't change the fact that the Xbox 360 has the best ones. Similarly, while you are entitled to not care about the Wii U's lineup, it doesn't change the fact that it does have more and higher rated exclusives than either of the other two consoles.

Superior in sheer numbers yes. But in entertainment no. That is always subjective to the individual. By what standard are any of us bound to when it comes to "best". You not liking shooters and me saying 360 has the best shooters doesn't make it an undisputed fact that 360 does/did. What is my proof? Ratings which were given to these shooters by people based on their enjoyment of them? The subjective preference still came into play.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 NyaDC

@davillain- said:

@Ant_17: He was there ever since I posted a few days ago.

Yes I was, citing it being half a game before it was coined as being half a game.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@nyadc said:

Yes I was, citing it being half a game before it was coined as being half a game.

And that's understandable, I'll grant that to you but for me, I ran into a few hiccups but nothing to get mad over about it.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 cainetao11

@R4gn4r0k said:
@cainetao11 said:

Yeah but it's this gen that I can start to draw a clear line between companies just trying to make a quick buck and artists trying to give you a solid and fun experience.

In other words, I'm more and more disappointed in AAA games, and I feel I am moving away from that experience. It's not about providing you a fun experience anymore. It's more about "Hey, you wanna have some more fun ? Pay up then !"

It's clearly the free to play model where most games like that are: Yeah, it's free to play... but if you wanna have actual fun while playing, you'd better buy something. Not all free to play games are like this though. But look where the AAA industry took that model.

I see your point but I also see part of it as being me getting older and more cynical also.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 R4gn4r0k

@cainetao11 said:

I see your point but I also see part of it as being me getting older and more cynical also.

Good point.

If I were younger and not as long into gaming as I've been now. I would've been one of those people being absolutely enchanted with say Battlefront.

Now my older, more experienced self thinks: "That's it ?" "EA is trying to sell a 60 dollar game and season pass on top and that is the content they are going with ? really"

We just have more to compare to I guess. We just have more knowledge of all the lesser known games out there. Because we know how to search for them. And so there is more competition to what the AAA-industry offers.

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 naughtyottsel

@nyadc said:
@naughtyottsel said:

lol what a loser

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 NyaDC

@naughtyottsel said:
@nyadc said:
@naughtyottsel said:

lol what a loser

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

Idiotic topic. SF5s online problem was fixed within the day of its launch

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#74 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@ghosts4ever: stop spewing your ignorance on this, as I said in another post:

Mad Max, Battlefront 2015, Dragon Age Inquisition, BF Hardline and MGS V used Denuvo and all ran great.

Batman AK's launch issues on PC were not caused by the DRM, unless they implemented it incorrectly, in which case it was on the developers.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By NyaDC
@Capitan_Kid said:

Idiotic topic. SF5s online problem was fixed within the day of its launch

Ugh, its servers are still not fixed, half the game is still not there, a persistent internet connection is required to earn anything and if that connection drops or the server tanks you lose everything, and money earned in the game is difficult to attain which puts emphasis on spending money on micro-transactions...

Idiotic post more like it...

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 smashed_pinata
Member since 2005 • 3747 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

The only platform to escape this scourge of bad launches is Nintendo. Huzzah!

Dat Nintendo Seal O' Quality

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

I'd have to go with DriveClub cause that was a game that was suppose to be a launch title for the PS4 and got delayed for almost a year and was still completely broken when it was released. Plus, it didn't get fixed until probably about another year later so by far that was the launch of a game this gen.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

I voted MCC only because it's the biggest franchise on that list. 2nd would be DC for reasons stated by bigshotsmoov7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

How did SF even get in a "bad launch" list anyways lol. Compared to the other games SF went smooth. The biggest issue with SF is the lack of content and if you consider that a "bad launch" then you can put Battlefront, Evolve, Destiny, Rainbow Six is that list as well.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 NyaDC

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

How did SF even get in a "bad launch" list anyways lol. Compared to the other games SF went smooth. The biggest issue with SF is the lack of content and if you consider that a "bad launch" then you can put Battlefront, Evolve, Destiny, Rainbow Six is that list as well.

You can't be serious...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@nyadc said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

You can't be serious...

I am serious, have you played the game? Probably not so you can't speak on it lol cause I've really had no issues online when playing.. Get over your fanboy logic dude, SF should not be put in the came list with all these games that was clearly broken. Like I've said time and time again, it's issues is lack of content, not that the game is broken.

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 naughtyottsel

@kingtito said:

I voted MCC only because it's the biggest franchise on that list. 2nd would be DC for reasons stated by bigshotsmoov7

Wow I didn't expect that, like I voted for Tony Hawks solely cause it's a disastrous piece of shit but I expected you to vote for something else.

Fair enough

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 lostrib

So whose smear campaign is greater at the moment: Charizard against the X1 or NyaDC against SFV?

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#84 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Batman AK - as much as i love the game it hurt me a lot seeing my beloved game in THAT state !

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By NyaDC

@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@nyadc said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

You can't be serious...

I am serious, have you played the game? Probably not so you can't speak on it lol cause I've really had no issues online when playing.. Get over your fanboy logic dude, SF should not be put in the came list with all these games that was clearly broken. Like I've said time and time again, it's issues is lack of content, not that the game is broken.

Why do I need to play the game (which is barely even possible), all of the problems have been reported, they are all factually known, they are undeniable, also people are still on mass levels unable to connect to the servers, getting booted from them, losing progress and as a result items...

You're damage controlling a fucked up unfinished game, wants to talk about fanboy logic....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@lostrib said:

So whose smear campaign is greater at the moment: Charizard against the X1 or NyaDC against SFV?

Hands down NyaDC wins lol. Char is a close second though LOL.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 lostrib
@nyadc said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@nyadc said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

You can't be serious...

Why do I need to play the game, all of the problems have been reported, they are all factually known, they are undeniable, also people are still on mass levels unable to connect to the servers, getting booted from them, losing progress and as a result items...

You're damage controlling a fucked up unfinished game.

define "mass levels"

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#88  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44568 Posts

Just Cause 3, had lots of potential to garner lots of praise, especially how Avalanche did such a great job on Mad Max. And they totally blew it with a glitchy launch on consoles with Just Cause 3. Playing it on Xbox One now and mostly sees fine and quite playable but those launch issues probably didn't do it the most harm.

Anyhow, I can see this thread was just to serve as damage control to cows over SFV, to beat on a game that's already fixed and an utter joy to play.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 NyaDC

@lostrib said:

define "mass levels"

Define "devils' advocate"

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 R4gn4r0k

@lostrib said:

I don't think SFV needs a smear campaign to be honest.

Capcom is already destroying that game the best way they can :/

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 naughtyottsel

@lostrib said:
@nyadc said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@nyadc said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

You can't be serious...

Why do I need to play the game, all of the problems have been reported, they are all factually known, they are undeniable, also people are still on mass levels unable to connect to the servers, getting booted from them, losing progress and as a result items...

You're damage controlling a fucked up unfinished game.

define "mass levels"

The lost items thing hasn't been relevant since literally before the game launched so he's down one fact.

Oh and Nya I couldn't care less if you believed me but my current SFV is fine and has been for 2 days now

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 lostrib

@nyadc said:
@lostrib said:

define "mass levels"

A motion picture from the 90's starring Keanu Reeves, Al Pacino, and a naked Charlize Theron.

Spoilers: Pacino is the Devil

However film discussions are really better suited for OT.

So what do you mean by "mass levels"

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 R4gn4r0k

@with_teeth26 said:

Mad Max, Battlefront 2015, Dragon Age Inquisition, BF Hardline and MGS V used Denuvo and all ran great.

Batman AK's launch issues on PC were not caused by the DRM, unless they implemented it incorrectly, in which case it was on the developers.

The DRM in AK is the only thing that worked day one.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 lostrib

@R4gn4r0k said:
@with_teeth26 said:

The DRM in AK is the only thing that worked day one.

was the DRM that the game was so broken that no one wanted to pirate it?

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 naughtyottsel

@lostrib said:
@nyadc said:
@lostrib said:

define "mass levels"

A motion picture from the 90's starring Keanu Reeves, Al Pacino, and a naked Charlize Theron.

Spoilers: Pacino is the Devil

However film discussions are really better suited for OT.

So what do you mean by "mass levels"

lol that made me laugh

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 R4gn4r0k

@lostrib said:

was the DRM that the game was so broken that no one wanted to pirate it?

lol!

The game was so broken, people sent back their pirated copies.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

MCC by a landslide. It is the most broken release since the days before consoles connected to the internet and allowed for patches. And patches still couldn't fully fix that mess lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@NathanDrakeSwag:

Drive Club says hi about the the worst release but we all know why you picked Halo lol. Another fanboy pick.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 NyaDC
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag:

Drive Club says hi about the the worst release but we all know why you picked Halo lol. Another fanboy pick.

Honestly the biggest thing to shit the bed here is Arkham Knight for PC.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#100 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

They actually had to give refunds for Arkham...