What game franchises need a change of developer?

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts

heroes might and magic for sure

Avatar image for Da_Koolio_Gamer
Da_Koolio_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Da_Koolio_Gamer
Member since 2011 • 202 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

Battlefront 3 is the first game to come to mind. Strip it away from whatever is left of Free Radical/Crytek and give it to Bungie. Either that or resurrect Pandemic and let them finish this game. Super highly unlikely but oh well.:(

Blazerdt47

I would love to see Bungie's take on a Battlefront game. Oh my God. Dat shooting. Dat space combat. Dat scale. I think I need to change my pants.

Exactly. Everything would just be...incredible. The latest screen art from their game Destiny just shows how a Battlefront game would look. Not to mention the fact that over a dozen employees from Pandemic now work for Bungie after EA shut down their studio. It's a match made in gaming heaven.

Actually about 70 percent of pandemic works at 343

IAmNot_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 IAmNot_fun
Member since 2010 • 3336 Posts
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Idgi Final Fantasy besides 13(and I guess X, but f*ck off silvur I liked 10 when I was like 13) has usually been a very good series.

So was Tony Hawk before it got ruined.

Well that got run into the ground, and they ran out of ideas. No team change in that case either right? Level 5 could have a different spin on a FF game. Or maybe get back to the core of what a JRPG needs, and less of the fluffy stuff these games get padded with.

Final Fantasy isn't Final Fantasy with emo JRPG cliches! :O
Avatar image for fernandmondego_
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 fernandmondego_
Member since 2005 • 3170 Posts
Sonic. I wouldn't mind seeing what Miyamoto would do with it (though he recently destroyed Zelda:().
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#55 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
[QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"] So was Tony Hawk before it got ruined.

Well that got run into the ground, and they ran out of ideas. No team change in that case either right? Level 5 could have a different spin on a FF game. Or maybe get back to the core of what a JRPG needs, and less of the fluffy stuff these games get padded with.

I just want a JRPG I'll like again. I won't be trying Xenoblade anytime soon until I get a WiiU, and that needs a price cut and a better lineup.
IAmNot_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 IAmNot_fun
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Well that got run into the ground, and they ran out of ideas. No team change in that case either right? Level 5 could have a different spin on a FF game. Or maybe get back to the core of what a JRPG needs, and less of the fluffy stuff these games get padded with.

I just want a JRPG I'll like again. I won't be trying Xenoblade anytime soon until I get a WiiU, and that needs a price cut and a better lineup.

Persona, maybe? Shin Megami Tensei 4 looks great too. There are a lot of great JRPGs on handhelds.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"] Final Fantasy isn't Final Fantasy with emo JRPG cliches! :O

Persona, maybe? Shin Megami Tensei 4 looks great too. There are a lot of great JRPGs on handhelds.

Already played. I love Persona. I need to play some of his stuff. Never actually played Nocturne or Devil Survivor?(is that him?). I know I need to play Nocturne. It's one of Albrosa's favorites so I assume it must be fantastic.
IAmNot_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 IAmNot_fun
[QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] I just want a JRPG I'll like again. I won't be trying Xenoblade anytime soon until I get a WiiU, and that needs a price cut and a better lineup. jg4xchamp

Already played. I love Persona. I need to play some of his stuff. Never actually played Nocturne or Devil Survivor?(is that him?). I know I need to play Nocturne. It's one of Albrosa's favorites so I assume it must be fantastic.

Nocturne is such a special game. Devil Survivor is more of SRPG.
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
I was going to comment on Fallout Vs Fallout NV but jhcho2 said it so perfectly there is no need to say anything. So basically what he said I agree with 100%.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"] Persona, maybe? Shin Megami Tensei 4 looks great too. There are a lot of great JRPGs on handhelds.

Nocturne is such a special game. Devil Survivor is more of SRPG.

Like valkyria? fire emblem? and Final Fantasy tactics? I love that sh1t. Outside of disgea(horse crap on a disc) I dig SRPGs way more than actual RPGs. More so than the western kind also.
Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#61 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts
[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]Zelda by retro studios please. jg4xchamp
Zelda by From Software :cool:

Pass that would be too much of an auctioned up take on Zelda. Retro studios to me seems better equipped to handle a Zelda that could throw in some new ideas but still maintain the high bar for the dungeons and puzzle designs of the series.

I thought From Software did a fantastic job on 3D Dot Game Heroes. I'm with BPoole96. I wouldn't mind seeing what they could do with the series. I bet it would be incredible.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

Resident Evil seriously needs to be looked at. It's many miles away from its roots.

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
At the end of the day, Blizzard is the kind of company who emphasizes quality over time. The end result is a game that was finely tuned. jhcho2
What the hell happened with D3 then?
Mozuckint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#64 Mozuckint
Member since 2012 • 831 Posts

Sonic was already mentioned, but rather than Nintendo(Although that would be quite interesting.) I'd propose stripping ST of it and letting, Sega's own AM2 studio give the franchise a shot or two.

Blaz3_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Blaz3_fox
Member since 2011 • 193 Posts

1. Zelda should never move away from Nintendo. It's too much to ask for to do that, the risk of having a bad Zelda is too much. Zelda is debatably the greatest game series and to tarnish it with the possibility of it flopping in the hands of a third or second party is too much.

2. I don't care about fallout, it's a glitchy mess as is everything bethesda makes. I don't ever want to have to go through that again. Another reason why skyrim should have flopped. Terrible game. Terrible developer. (Note the opinion)

3. Star Fox is the series I believe desperately needs a new developer. Give it to Retro or Bungie. It's a long shot with Bungie, but if Halo:Reach's space combat is any indication, Bungie would essentially create a money-printer. And any non-biased person knows that Retro is an incredibly talented studio and possibly apart from story, would work wonders with Star Fox.

Also, you could bring up F-Zero, but I never got hugely attached to that.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="Some-Mist"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="BPoole96"] Zelda by From Software :cool:

Pass that would be too much of an auctioned up take on Zelda. Retro studios to me seems better equipped to handle a Zelda that could throw in some new ideas but still maintain the high bar for the dungeons and puzzle designs of the series.

I thought From Software did a fantastic job on 3D Dot Game Heroes. I'm with BPoole96. I wouldn't mind seeing what they could do with the series. I bet it would be incredible.

They essentially made a link to the past. It wasn't anything special. It was like at best a homage(of the tarintino variety) or a straight up rip off with its own charm to it, and better sword play due to the better reach. But as it stood it wasn't clever unique dungeon design, as much as it was like "oh yeah I remember this in a Link to the Past". I'm not saying they couldn't do a decent job, but I still think they would be more action oriented(also f*ck auto correct for turning action into auction...wtf?)
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
Resident Evil, Silent Hill and Unreal tournament.
Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#68 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Some-Mist"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Pass that would be too much of an auctioned up take on Zelda. Retro studios to me seems better equipped to handle a Zelda that could throw in some new ideas but still maintain the high bar for the dungeons and puzzle designs of the series.

They essentially made a link to the past. It wasn't anything special. It was like at best a homage(of the tarintino variety) or a straight up rip off with its own charm to it, and better sword play due to the better reach. But as it stood it wasn't clever unique dungeon design, as much as it was like "oh yeah I remember this in a Link to the Past". I'm not saying they couldn't do a decent job, but I still think they would be more action oriented(also f*ck auto correct for turning action into auction...wtf?)

I think homeage/rip-offs usually suck to be honest - and I realize it was a ripoff of LttP. They still did a great job on it - and they did a great job with providing a lot of variety with dungeons in Demon's and Dark Souls. I think a combination of the two could turn out good, but then again, it also could be too action-y as you stated before. we really wouldn't know unless they took a stab at it though
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

System Wars, there are a whole lot of franchises out there that are old, and have a lot of baggage behind them; franchises with history and heritage, that still survive, and yet arguably are struggling to even stay relevant. I believe that a franchise can be fully reinvigorated if a new development team, with fresh ideas and a new perspective, comes in and attempts to develop a new game in a struggling franchise. Of course, I believe that the core essence of the franchise still needs to be maintained at all costs, and that thus the new developer has a grave responsibility of maintaining the franchise's legacy, but also reinventing it and making it relevant again. It's a fine line to walk.

With all of that out of the way, these are the franchises I think should change developers, at least for the time being, and these are the developers I think they should go to:

The Legend of Zelda:I love Zelda, but the series is growing stale. It peaked on the N64, and since then it has been in a mad race with itself to recreate the glory of those days, even as its developers and custodians continue to completely miss the point of what made Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask so great in the first place. i respect Aonuma for what he has done, but after having wasted nearly 100 hours of my life on Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, I think he needs to step back from the franchise.I think either Monolith Soft or Retro Studios should develop the next Zelda game.

Final Fantasy:Another classic franchise that has completely lost its way, Final Fantasy's fall from grace is perhaps symbolic of the decline of its genre as a whole. Final Fantasy hit its peak in the Playstation era, and Square Enix, in an admirable attempt to keep things fresh, has continued experimenting with the games, until now, they are borderline unplayable, stuffed to the brim with tropes, and reduced to parodies of their former selves. Square needs to stop developing Final Fantasy and perhaps pursue something new. Meanwhile,I think Final Fantasy should be handed off to Level 5, since they are perhaps among the only developers that aren't owned by Nintendo who can make a competent JRPG anymore.

Fallout:Fallout 3 was widely acclaimed, but it was equally widely reviled by the fans; Fallout New Vegas, the follow up developed by Obsidian, is often held to be the true successor to the classic Fallout games, and general consensus holds that Obsidian 'gets' Fallout better than Bethesda. Therefore, I believeObsidian should be handed Fallout.

Resident Evil:Resident Evil's rapid decline was saddening to watch, as we saw the franchise completely lose sight of what it had been, and lose its hold on being a compelling horror game, to become in turn an incompetent action game. Honestly, I do not know how Capcom screwed up so royally, but they did.I think Platinum Games should be given Resident Evil,as I am confident that they can craft a great game that stays true to the roots of the series.

Prince of Persia:Whereas I loved Ubisoft's take on the classic franchise, adn I honestly don't think there has been a single Ubisoft developer or published Prince of Persia title that I did not enjoy, I still believe the franchise could benefit from a change in developers that would endow it with a sense of freshness again. To this end, I believePrince of Persia should be tackled by Naughty Dog;I would love to see what their motion capture techniques could do to the franchise.

What franchises do you think need or would benefit from a change of developers?

RulerofGondor
I disagree with you Final Fantasy. All they need to do is have Nomura and his team take full control of it.
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#70 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts
New Vegas was better than FO3, IMO, so yeah, I agree on that. Same goes for Resident Evil. But I don't think Platinum would be the right dev for RE. And Prince of Persia at Naughty Dog? Hell no. Just let Ubi Montreal make a good game, they can do it if they put their mind to it. And Level-5 wouldn't do Final Fantasy justice. Their storytelling style is very different, it wouldn't suit FF.
Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

The Elder Scrolls - A developer that can actually do some QA.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#72 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
Sonic. I wouldn't mind seeing what Miyamoto would do with it (though he recently destroyed Zelda:().fernandmondego_
Zelda no where near destroyed
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 PressXtoJump
Member since 2012 • 1484 Posts
halo oh wait, already taken care of for the real
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#74 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts
Sonic. I wouldn't mind seeing what Miyamoto would do with it (though he recently destroyed Zelda:().fernandmondego_
How? He hasn't been hands on with the franchise for years. Just serves as producer while Aonuma directed most of them (which he didn't for Skyward Sword).
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 PressXtoJump
Member since 2012 • 1484 Posts
[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"]Sonic. I wouldn't mind seeing what Miyamoto would do with it (though he recently destroyed Zelda:().HarlockJC
Zelda no where near destroyed

demons souls destroyed zelda
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I would love to see Bungie's take on a Battlefront game. Oh my God. Dat shooting. Dat space combat. Dat scale. I think I need to change my pants.Da_Koolio_Gamer

Exactly. Everything would just be...incredible. The latest screen art from their game Destiny just shows how a Battlefront game would look. Not to mention the fact that over a dozen employees from Pandemic now work for Bungie after EA shut down their studio. It's a match made in gaming heaven.

Actually about 70 percent of pandemic works at 343

Yes, my mistake, been a while since I read about Pandemic. :P
guard12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#78 guard12
Member since 2004 • 2018 Posts

Perfect Dark. Take it away from Rare someone! I think Gearbox or 2k Boston (Bioshock) or Free Radical can do a good job at it.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#79 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: The owner of the game plans on not doing anything at all with the franchise

Devil May Cry: Ninja Theory isn't the best choice

Command and Conquer: Is EA trying to kill it?

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
Ass Effect definitely. Maybe Ass Creed, but it's probably best to kill it off already
Avatar image for fernandmondego_
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 fernandmondego_
Member since 2005 • 3170 Posts

[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"]Sonic. I wouldn't mind seeing what Miyamoto would do with it (though he recently destroyed Zelda:().nintendoboy16
How? He hasn't been hands on with the franchise for years. Just serves as producer while Aonuma directed most of them (which he didn't for Skyward Sword).

That makes more sense. So, if he had minimal input than I take it back. He allowed Aonuma to destroy Zelda:(. Still wouldn't mind seeing what he would do with Sonic.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#82 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
The Last Guardian (to someone else) Devil May Cry (to Platinum) Castlevania (to Igarashi and team) Resident Evil (to Platinum) The Elder Scrolls (to Obsidian)
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17817 Posts
elder scrolls: i would love to see a joint venture with bethesda and nintendo on this one. both are very good at building worlds. bethesda are very good with lore and building a world full of culture and a sense of life. nintendo are very good at building a world on nuts and bolts level design. nintendo could also do a lot to clean up the game mechanics in elder scrolls games and making the series a full on adventure game rather than an RPG light game could really benefit the series. also nintendo are good at testing :P. Note: not to be a wiiu exclusive. zelda: CD Projekt Red. they did an amazing job with witcher 2 and would be well able to give zelda a major kick in the backside. not that i want them to go the whole swearing, nudity and ott violence route (not very zelda) but they could make a brilliant adventure. Note: wiiu exclusive. pikmin: i have said it before and will say it again: creative assembly. pikmin total war would be pretty much the best thing ever \o/. Half life 3: well since valve dont seem bothered give that to retro studios. Note: not as a wiiu exclusive. Unreal tournament: if epic cant be bothered to do it properly to hand it to nadeo. Mario kart: also nadeo. Mass effect 4, 5 & 6: Obsidian or CDPR. I fully acknowledge most of this is wishful thinking :p
Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
So President Evil should be developed by Platinum Games ? The same Platinum Games that brough us actiom packed titles like Vanquish, Bayonetta, Mad World and Anarchy Reigns ? Sure, thats definately the way to resurrect the survival horror genre, IDIOTS !
IAmNot_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 IAmNot_fun
So President Evil should be developed by Platinum Games ? The same Platinum Games that brough us actiom packed titles like Vanquish, Bayonetta, Mad World and Anarchy Reigns ? Sure, thats definately the way to resurrect the survival horror genre, IDIOTS !Lulekani
Bunch of Platinum guys are former Resident Evil devs, including Kamiya Hideki, who directed RE2
Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
[QUOTE="Lulekani"]So President Evil should be developed by Platinum Games ? The same Platinum Games that brough us actiom packed titles like Vanquish, Bayonetta, Mad World and Anarchy Reigns ? Sure, thats definately the way to resurrect the survival horror genre, IDIOTS !IAmNot_fun
Bunch of Platinum guys are former Resident Evil devs, including Kamiya Hideki, who directed RE2

Clearly they've moved on and are much happier now, what kind of jack@ss would wana put them through all that drama again, SHAME ON YOU ! And Hideka Kamiya found his calling in DMC. And on a side not, President Evil 5 and 6 were awsome ! So yeah, take that, veterans !
UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#87 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

I want a company that isn't Crytek or EA to do Crysis. They've totally lost it.

Also, Unreal might need a new caretaker depending on how Epic treats it in the future (if at all).

Battlefront 3 is the first game to come to mind. Strip it away from whatever is left of Free Radical/Crytek and give it to Bungie. Either that or resurrect Pandemic and let them finish this game. Super highly unlikely but oh well.:(

Blazerdt47

That would be absolutely amazing.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Warhammer 40K: Because of THQ's financial situations, DoW3 is probably not gonna happen. I can only hope that Games Workshop gives Valve the rights to make a 40k game.

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#89 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Biohazard needs a new dev cause Crapcom is ruining it, give it too R*.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#90 jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

Also, Unreal might need a new caretaker depending on how Epic treats it in the future (if at all).

UnrealLegend

Wait for Crysis 3 before making that statement. And I don't think they've lost it. They just tried to optimize Crysis 2 for our hardware. Crysis 1 is a game that doesn't run well for almost any hardware. It came out when the 8800GT was release in 2007. And now even with my GTX680, I can barely touch 60fps in big open areas at max settings. Staring at the sea or the sky doesn't count. Crysis is a great game with some serious performance issues.

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#91 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

[QUOTE="UnrealLegend"]

jhcho2

Wait for Crysis 3 before making that statement. And I don't think they've lost it. They just tried to optimize Crysis 2 for our hardware. Crysis 1 is a game that doesn't run well for almost any hardware. It came out when the 8800GT was release in 2007. And now even with my GTX680, I can barely touch 60fps in big open areas at max settings. Staring at the sea or the sky doesn't count. Crysis is a great game with some serious performance issues.

I was talking more in game design. Crysis 2 nerfed almost everything that made the original great. I will however, keep an eye out for Crysis 3.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#92 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

All of them. Give CoD to Bioware, Mass Effect to Telltale, and anything related to Star Wars to Zynga.

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#93 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts
Banjo-kazooie should be given to twisted pixel IMO. I'd really like to see what they could do with 3D platformer.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#94 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

On the top of my head, Final Fantasy. SE has been screwing up the franchise since they made FFX.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Blazerdt47

An Uncharted from Nintendo.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Blazerdt47
If you legitimately like Uncharted for what it is, then that's probably the last thing you want.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#97 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Blazerdt47

31450060.jpg

I think i threw up a little.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Blazerdt47

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

DarkLink77

If you legitimately like Uncharted for what it is, then that's probably the last thing you want.

I'm just naming games and devs at this point.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Blazerdt47

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

Ballroompirate

31450060.jpg

Scratch that, how about an Uncharted by Rockstar?

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

Blazerdt47

31450060.jpg

Scratch that, how about an Uncharted by Rockstar?

Do you want an open world Uncharted?