What do you want to play more - MGSV or Zelda Wii U?

• 175 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What do you want to play more - MGSV or Zelda Wii U? (178 votes)

MGSV 40%
Zelda Wii U 60%

Man, this is a toughy. MGSV excites me from a gameplay perspective, but I don't know how interested I am in the story. Zelda Wii U looked great at E3 and I think Nintendo is really going to make this one special. I'm thinking Zelda Wii U. I have really high expectations for it. You, SW?

• 
Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#151 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

@pyratrum said:

This right here.

Also, love your avatar. So sick.

Haha, thanks dude. Big Boss for prez! lol

You think they'll finally show us MGO at TGS?

I feel like I've seen enough of the single player gameplay and story by now.

All I want now is some footage of MGO and a release date. An early access MGO beta would make my heart skip a beat lol.

@Mozelleple112 said:

That is so wrong. Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best game ever made so if anything, MGSV: Phantom Pain should be hyped AAAAA (not a typo, I actually mean 11/10)

I know we've been through it a dozen times so I won't waste our time discussing your delusions of grandeur regarding MGS4.

But I must ask this. MGSV is shaping up to be the polar opposite of MGS4 in every conceivable way. Pretty much everything you love about MGS4 is being thrown out the window and for good reason. MGSV is basically a response to the widespread complaints about MGS4.

So how is it that you could consider MGS4 the best thing ever and still be hyping MGSV?

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

mgsv

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#153 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18254 Posts

The Phantom Pain looks terrific...sadly i just can't care anymore for that franchise and that is a shame because it was easily one of my top franchises of all time, but they way they handle MGS4 and then all the prequels...IMO the plot, the characters and the lore are a mess, on the other hand, Zelda is still one of the finnest franchises in gaming and after A Link Between Worlds, i really want to see this new entry.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Wiimotefan
@madsnakehhh said:

The Phantom Pain looks terrific...sadly i just can't care anymore for that franchise and that is a shame because it was easily one of my top franchises of all time, but they way they handle MGS4 and then all the prequels...IMO the plot, the characters and the lore are a mess, on the other hand, Zelda is still one of the finnest franchises in gaming and after A Link Between Worlds, i really want to see this new entry.

If you can look past how fucked the plot has become, it's going to be good. I'm still interested in seeing how the story unfolds in TPP, but 99% of my hype is purely for the gameplay. MGS gameplay is finally coming into its own, shedding away the weaker aspects and cranking all the good stuff up to 10. Really it's becoming the stealth game I always wanted to play.

Just put MGS4 out of your mind and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#155 PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

@Wiimotefan said:

@pyratrum said:

This right here.

All I want now is some footage of MGO and a release date. An early access MGO beta would make my heart skip a beat lol.

I'm hoping so but I wouldn't hold my breath. They did have a fairly large beta for MGO2 so I'd assume they'd have one for TPP as well.

I'm just praying that Konami competently manages the game this time so it isn't filled with so many god damn exploits, glitches, and other bullshit that could have been easily remedied/avoided.

And Survival Nights, those need to make a comeback. Some of the most tense online matches I've ever had were fighting over those damn points just to get more pointless gear. But damn did my W!nterWolf look like a badass.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Wiimotefan

@pyratrum said:

I'm hoping so but I wouldn't hold my breath. They did have a fairly large beta for MGO2 so I'd assume they'd have one for TPP as well.

I'm just praying that Konami competently manages the game this time so it isn't filled with so many god damn exploits, glitches, and other bullshit that could have been easily remedied/avoided.

And Survival Nights, those need to make a comeback. Some of the most tense online matches I've ever had were fighting over those damn points just to get more pointless gear. But damn did my W!nterWolf look like a badass.

Yeah, that MGO2 beta was such a pain to get into. I remember they didn't expect so many people wanting to try it and the shit just wouldn't work at first. Then the Konami ID nightmare. THEN when it finally did work for everyone the characters moved slow as hell. Really hoping for a smoother experience with the MGO3 beta. From what I hear, Kojima productions LA is still hiring, so I hope the reveal isn't too far off.

Completely agreed with the rest though man, Konami better manage this game and keep the community in check. As amazing as MGO2 was, it was also a frustrating nightmare with all the glitchers, lag switchers, etc. I'm sure you already know, but people would even submit video evidence of people glitching in OFFICIAL tourneys and still nothing would be done.

I hope they bring back all the awesome aspects though, like survival of course. I was always so pumped for that!

I really hope they bring back a lot of maps too. At the very least I want to see CUS/UU make a comeback, I probably spent half of my time on that map in both of the MGOs.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#157 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

I saw the MGS gameplay recently and thought it looked pretty neat. It's definitely a purchase for me when it comes out. Zelda though is on a whole different level for me. I want to play that more than anything else I've seen new or recently shown again, and honestly by quite a bit.

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

@Wiimotefan said:

@pyratrum said:

Yeah, that MGO2 beta was such a pain to get into. I remember they didn't expect so many people wanting to try it and the shit just wouldn't work at first. Then the Konami ID nightmare. THEN when it finally did work for everyone the characters moved slow as hell. Really hoping for a smoother experience with the MGO3 beta. From what I hear, Kojima productions LA is still hiring, so I hope the reveal isn't too far off.

Completely agreed with the rest though man, Konami better manage this game and keep the community in check. As amazing as MGO2 was, it was also a frustrating nightmare with all the glitchers, lag switchers, etc. I'm sure you already know, but people would even submit video evidence of people glitching in OFFICIAL tourneys and still nothing would be done.

I hope they bring back all the awesome aspects though, like survival of course. I was always so pumped for that!

I really hope they bring back a lot of maps too. At the very least I want to see CUS/UU make a comeback, I probably spent half of my time on that map in both of the MGOs.

I think the decision to open a new studio here in the West to handle the multiplayer aspect was a smart choice. While I love MGO and all it's unique gameplay ideas and mechanics, I feel that KP and Konami had very little experience on how to handle and manage an 'online 3rd person shooter.' Bringing in Western design philosophies with Japanese influence will be a great mix, especially for a title like Metal Gear.

And yeah, UU was the tits (spent a lot of my time on that map as well) but my personal favorite was Groznyj Grad. Hoping those two a least make a comback.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5559 Posts

99 out of 100 times I would say Zelda... but being Jack Bauer this time is going to rock!

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#160 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@Wiimotefan said:

@pyratrum said:

This right here.

@Mozelleple112 said:

That is so wrong. Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best game ever made so if anything, MGSV: Phantom Pain should be hyped AAAAA (not a typo, I actually mean 11/10)

I know we've been through it a dozen times so I won't waste our time discussing your delusions of grandeur regarding MGS4.

But I must ask this. MGSV is shaping up to be the polar opposite of MGS4 in every conceivable way. Pretty much everything you love about MGS4 is being thrown out the window and for good reason. MGSV is basically a response to the widespread complaints about MGS4.

So how is it that you could consider MGS4 the best thing ever and still be hyping MGSV?

You mean haters/butthurt fans? Since MGS4 was one of the highest-selling, most awarded and highest rated Metal Gears out there. Also the only Metal Gear to get a 10 on GS or IGN (in fact it did on both).

So yeeeeah.

MGSV: PP is still a Metal Gear game, anything succeeding MGS4 and being created by Hideo Kojima has a high chance of being the best game ever made. MGS4's gameplay was already perfected, but Phantom Pain seems to be an improvement on perfection. I just hope the cinematics and story are equally as epic as MGS4's. If they are, that's an 11/10 game for me.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#161  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@Wiimotefan said:

@pyratrum said:

This right here.

@Mozelleple112 said:

Don't expect a good answer. Mozepelle doesn't actually have any good reasons for putting MGS4 on the pedestal he does. TBH, I don't think he even knows why he likes it so much lol.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 GreySeal9

@Mozelleple112 said:

@Wiimotefan said:

@pyratrum said:

This right here.

@Mozelleple112 said:

You mean haters/butthurt fans? Since MGS4 was one of the highest-selling, most awarded and highest rated Metal Gears out there. Also the only Metal Gear to get a 10 on GS or IGN (in fact it did on both).

So yeeeeah.

MGSV: PP is still a Metal Gear game, anything succeeding MGS4 and being created by Hideo Kojima has a high chance of being the best game ever made. MGS4's gameplay was already perfected, but Phantom Pain seems to be an improvement on perfection. I just hope the cinematics and story are equally as epic as MGS4's. If they are, that's an 11/10 game for me.

^Case in point.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Mozelleple112

@GreySeal9 said:

@Wiimotefan said:

@pyratrum said:

This right here.

@Mozelleple112 said:

Don't expect a good answer. Mozepelle doesn't actually have any good reasons for putting MGS4 on the pedestal he does. TBH, I don't think he even knows why he likes it so much lol.

What good reasons do you expect of me? I've already given dozens throughout the years. From the tense microwave sequence, to the epic showdown between Snake and Ocelot or the climatic closure with Big Boss. Gameplay was flawless and MGSV: PP looks to bring in interesting concepts / cool additions to that gameplay; for instance the evolution of the cardboard box usage. I'm not a poet or a reviewer, don't expect me to describe every little detail.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I have no desire to play Zelda Wii U and very little desire to play MGSV.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

@Mozelleple112 said:

So yeeeeah.

^Case in point.

Hahaha, wtf.

If we're looking at scores MGS2 is the highest rated. MGS4 is tied with MGS and MGS3: Subsistence.

If we're looking at sales, MGS2 obliterates MGS4 while MGS3+Subsistence edge out MGS4 and MGS1 ties it... and this isn't even counting Substance version of MGS2, the Xbox and PC releases or any of that. It also doesn't count MGS3 for 3DS, or Twin Snakes. In that case MGS4 would be at the bottom of the barrel.

So yeeeeeeah. He has no clue.

All that aside, none of that shit really matters. Yes you read that right Mozelleple, it actually doesn't matter that you're flat out wrong. Why? Because most of us can think for ourselves and we know a pile of shit when we see it. We don't need sales and scores to back us up.

You could visit any community of MGS gamers and get the same reactions man. And the MGS fanbase isn't like the Zelda fanbase. Opinions don't drastically change with the times. MGS4 is widely regarded as the shit hole of the series. It was back then, just as it still is today. Deal with it bro. You can enjoy it all you want, but don't go thinking that everyone else will agree just because some reviewers at GS and IGN that don't know the first thing about the series decided to ignore a mountain of flaws and give it a perfect score.

And Wiimote does bring up a good point (for once lol). MGSV is the antithesis of MGS4. It's Kojima saying **** off to all of his mistakes with that game. How are you not seeing the disconnect here?

Edit: Doh! Didn't mean to get you mixed up in the quote chain Greyseal.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Mozelleple112

@ConanTheStoner said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Mozelleple112 said:

So yeeeeah.

^Case in point.

Hahaha, wtf.

If we're looking at scores MGS2 is the highest rated. MGS4 is tied with MGS and MGS3: Subsistence.

If we're looking at sales, MGS2 obliterates MGS4 while MGS3+Subsistence edge out MGS4 and MGS1 ties it... and this isn't even counting Substance version of MGS2, the Xbox and PC releases or any of that. It also doesn't count MGS3 for 3DS, or Twin Snakes. In that case MGS4 would be at the bottom of the barrel.

All that aside, none of that shit really matters. Yes you read that right Mozelleple, it actually doesn't matter that you're flat out wrong. Why? Because most of us can think for ourselves and we know a pile of shit when we see it. We don't need sales and scores to back us up.

You could visit any community of MGS gamers and get the same reactions man. And the MGS fanbase isn't like the Zelda fanbase. Opinions don't drastically change with the times. MGS4 is widely regarded as the shit hole of the series. It was back then, just as it still is today. Deal with it bro. You can enjoy it all you want, but don't go thinking that everyone else will agree just because some reviewers at GS and IGN that don't know the first thing about the series decided to ignore a mountain of flaws and give it a perfect score.

And Wiimote does bring up a good point (for once lol). MGSV is the antithesis of MGS4. It's Kojima saying **** off to all of his mistakes with that game. How are you not seeing the disconnect here?

Using the faulty Metacritic system MGS4 is only behind MGS2 (and is tied with MGS1...) putting it ahead of Peace Walker, MGS3, Acid 1-2, Portable Ops etc. Says more about the quality of the franchise as a whole than anything else if you ask me.

I don't what source you are using but according to VGChartz (I know..) MGS1 and MGS2 have 6 million a piece, MGS4 at just under 6 million and the rest have significantly less (4.2 million and lower)

Let's not forget how MGS1, MGS2, and MGS3 all had much larger install bases than MGS4. (and the fact that they were multiplat, what if Xbox 360 and PC got MGS4? could easily be 5-6 million more...)

So yeeeeeeah I have more clue than you.

And you're right, none of that shit matters. you can be butthurt all you want, it's critically acclaimed, one of the most successful games of all time in GOTY awards, one of only ~ 5 ish games to get a perfect 10 from both IGN and Gamespot (the two biggest reviewers in the video game industry)

Of all the forums I have participated in, this is the ONLY one were everyone has a hard-on for MGS3 (by far the simplest, most straight forward Metal Gear game, probably even most gameplay:cinematics ratio) and the forum is unsurprisingly full of simpletons. Most other places its MGS1 or MGS4 that get's the most love. (I actually think 3 is the LEAST liked every where except SW, people here need simple/easy to follow storylines I guess) but that doesn't stop it from being one of the best games of all time, because it surely is superb. Just that MGS4 is THE best game ever made.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By GreySeal9

@Mozelleple112 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Mozelleple112 said:

So yeeeeah.

^Case in point.

Hahaha, wtf.

Using the faulty Metacritic system MGS4 is only behind MGS2 (and is tied with MGS1...) putting it ahead of Peace Walker, MGS3, Acid 1-2, Portable Ops etc. Says more about the quality of the franchise as a whole than anything else if you ask me.

I don't what source you are using but according to VGChartz (I know..) MGS1 and MGS2 have 6 million a piece, MGS4 at just under 6 million and the rest have significantly less (4.2 million and lower)

Let's not forget how MGS1, MGS2, and MGS3 all had much larger install bases than MGS4. (and the fact that they were multiplat, what if Xbox 360 and PC got MGS4? could easily be 5-6 million more...)

And you're right, none of that shit matters. you can be butthurt all you want, it's critically acclaimed, one of the most successful games of all time in GOTY awards, one of only ~ 5 ish games to get a perfect 10 from both IGN and Gamespot (the two biggest reviewers in the video game industry)

Of all the forums I have participated in, this is the ONLY one were everyone has a hard-on for MGS3 (by far the simplest, most straight forward Metal Gear game, probably even most gameplay:cinematics ratio) and the forum is unsurprisingly full of simpletons. Most other places its MGS1 or MGS4 that get's the most love. (I actually think 3 is the LEAST liked every where except SW, people here need simple/easy to follow storylines I guess) but that doesn't stop it from being one of the best games of all time, because it surely is superb. Just that MGS4 is THE best game ever made.

Convoluted/=/intelligent, deep, or good.

And also: you haven't showed any particular intelligence on this forum. You're not even smart enough to proficiently explain why MGS4 is so great. Saying "OMG! The microwave scene!" is not going to cut it.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

MGSV

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

Both about the same. MGS4 was amazing, and I like what I've seen of the new Zelda, and read about it.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Mozelleple112

@GreySeal9 said:

@Mozelleple112 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Mozelleple112 said:

So yeeeeah.

^Case in point.

Hahaha, wtf.

Convoluted/=/intelligent, deep, or good.

And also: you haven't showed any particular intelligence on this forum. You're not even smart enough to proficiently explain why MGS4 is so great. Saying "OMG! The microwave scene!" is not going to cut it.

I'd rather spend that effort in college than on an internet gaming forum thank you very much.

To review such a game is simply impossible. Not a single person lives or will ever live that is worthy of playing, experiencing Metal Gear Solid 4, let alone review it and any attempt to do so is a falsum and flawed by nature. And yet, by some miracle somehow I found myself happening upon the privilege of playing it, it was a strange and wonderful experience. Like shagging a super model, all the while you cannot shake the feeling of shame and guilt, the feeling that this should not be happening, that you are not worthy, that she is too good for you, but damn it if you are not going to enjoy it for as long it is going to last anyway.

If you want a proficient explanation as to why MGS4 is so superb, read any review of it, particularly Gamespot's.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#171 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

Both amazing series, but it's not even close.

Zelda is a better franchise 10 times out of 10.

Nope. Every Metal Gear > Every Zelda.

Official Joke of the Day winner confirmed.

Star0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

I really could not care less about MGS.

Ground Zeroes left a bitter, bitter taste in my mouth.

The game forces you to either go all stealth or all guns blazing. Play styles are limited. Say I want to choke everyone out ghost/pacifist style. They'll wake up! What the freaking 'H'?! Not only is that frigging game-breaking tediousness it makes no sense whatsoever because the guards don't ring the alarm if you leave the area and go off to a far corner as you'd expect so what is the f'ing point?! They'll just be there as normal keeping watch. Stupid, stupid game. I want to explore every nook and cranny, collect all the loot and appreciate the surroundings. I don't want to be pressured into playing a particular way and feel as though I'm missing things and I don't have a million years to play the damn game either so the lack of a save option is super dumb. Ground Zeroes was literally one of the worst experiences I've ever had in any video game and I've played hundreds. So much promise down the drain. I feel pissed off just talking about the game lol. Moreover, they hardly developed the CQC, it's virtually the same thing all over again. The last MGS game I had played was Snake Eater. That surprised me, but it was most definitely not what annoyed me the most.

Zelda U all the way.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

I'm not interested in MGS so Zelda by default.

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#174 smashed_pinata
Member since 2005 • 3747 Posts

MGSV will be more of the same for the series, where as Zelda seems to be breathing new life into the Zelda formula.

So Zelda.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Zelda.

Don't really care about MGS

And that is why you suck at life and will always suck at life. It all makes sense now. You suck, case closed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#176 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Star0: Please refrain from bumping threads that are over a month old.