Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Work on my backlog. I think the only game I'll get early next year is Sekiro, so I should be able to do so a little bit.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Play a lot of SNES and Genesis games.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#53  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I'll finally start creating my own games in Dreams, and as a consumer, i'll keep supporting indies as much as i can.

Overall, i'll be playing tons of great games, like i do every year.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

Honestly, to quit constantly buying new games. Did an okay job of it this year, but next year I just want RE2 and Doom Eternal and I'll just fuk right off.

With all of the increasing bullshit that has been going on in the video games industry and taking a look back at how games were even in the 2000s (which was the decade that spawned some of this shit), its truly sad how scummy a lot of businesses are and how little care they give to their customers. I didn't buy Fallout 76, but the whole mess surrounding that game and how tone deaf Bethesda is towards the fanbase, which seemed to used to care more about making good games, is a perfect example of some of the bullshit that has been increasing in this industry. The Diablo: Immortal mess and how low Blizzard has sunk is another example. And the "Don't like it. Don't buy it" response from EA for the Battlefield 5 backlash is another.

Add to that the microtransactions, online-only/online-focused games being dominant and what companies seem to only want to do now, $100+ games to get the game and all dlc (yes this has been going on for a while but its become a lot more standard now), buggy games being released, etc. and well, I'm just tired of it all.

I'm almost 27 and I'm getting closer to a better career path for myself finally. Games are expensive and not really blowing my mind for the $60+ price I pay for them. Plus I have a lot of games in my library that I can just replay and replay into oblivion. And I do.

Silver lining is that Red Dead Redemption 2 came out this year and quickly became my favorite game ever. Stories like that are one of the reasons why I used to love video games so that rekindled a lot of admiration of what I had for the industry (despite the common microtransactions being in the online mode but, like I said before sorta, fuk online).

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Robbie23  Online
Member since 2015 • 2078 Posts

This might be different to other answers, but my goal is to spend less time playing games and focus more on improving my life.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

I want to buy less games. I have a backlog this is simply ridiculous. I have Switch and Ps4 game that are still unopened from months ago. Most of the games I do open I have only played for a few hours each. Because I spend most of my time on my MMO (Tree of Savior) on PC, all of my other games get minimal time.

I honestly think that I should just stop buying games for a few years in hopes of catching up a bit. But we all know that is not going to happen. I am already getting the Sega 50 game collection for Switch next week along with Smash and Monster Boy for Switch.

Once you fall into game buying addiction, there really is no way out.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#57 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

I'm going to upgrade to a 512 GB SSD and focus solely on PC, i wont spread my attention on other platforms since i really don't have that time, and besides, a lot of genres that had quality entries exclusive to consoles have seen the light of day on PC, and continue to be released on PC (Like Yakuza and Dragon Quest).

The only games i'm interested in 2019 are Metro Exodus and Devil May Cry 5, TBA games that may (?, i dunno) have a chance to release in 2019 like Cyberpunk (tho i doubt that, unfortunately) and Yakuza Kiwami (inevitably getting a PC port, but i'm not sure on the date).

Games i haven't played yet released this year and in previous years, i plan to fully delve in 2019 like:

Yakuza 0 (passed through the original Yakuza on the PS2 years go, even tho i'm familiar with what to expect, i haven't touched the series since. This will be a treat)

Devil May Cry HD Collection (Steam) & Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition (i love DMC 3 (PS2) to death, played a little bit of DMC1 on the PS2 tho never finished, passed through the original DMC4 on PC years ago. Haven't touched these in a while, not only are they going to hype me up for DMC5, but they'll also reignite my passion for this spectacular series)

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel I & II (fucking loved Trails in the Sky.. yet i haven't played TitS SC, the direct sequel. Shit, i may have to replay the first one, then start the second one. And only AFTER that play Trails of Cold Steel I & II. See what i mean with not spreading my attention on other platforms? There are far to many God damn games i want to thoroughly enjoy)

Dragon Quest 11 (inevitably also Dragon Quest 8 after 11, i love this series and i did play short bursts of 11 wen it released. I plan to eat, digest and take every little morsel of nourishment this game will provide to my stimulus)

And if i'm ever done with Path of Exile, maybe i'll also grab Monster Hunter World for a time sinker.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Try to play different games.

Fckuaholes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59 Fckuaholes
Member since 2018 • 2 Posts

Play all games.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#60  Edited By narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

I think I want to complete some singleplayer games after playing MP for a few years.